The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Elder Scrolls The Movie

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Would you want to see a movie about the based off the video game?
I saw Warcraft - loved it (played it) Tomb Raider was also pretty good, Resident Evil was just good kick a$$ fun!

Thotz?

Z

Think it could be done with ESO? Based off the early Lore? Late Lore?

Graphics today are amazing. and story telling - so many ideas.

ChatGPT wrote this:
"The Elder Scrolls Online is set in the continent of Tamriel, a place filled with a rich history and diverse cultures. The game takes place during a time of great turmoil, as the Daedric Prince Molag Bal tries to merge Tamriel with his own realm of Oblivion. The player character is a hero who must join forces with the other mortal races of Tamriel to fight against Molag Bal and his army of Daedra. Along the way, the player will encounter a variety of factions and guilds, each with their own goals and motivations. The game also features a wide array of locations to explore, from the snowy tundras of the Nord homeland to the scorching deserts of Hammerfell. The Elder Scrolls Online is filled with lore and storytelling that will immerse players in the world of Tamriel."

Elder Scrolls The Movie 172 votes

Yes! I will buy my ticket NOW!
43%
laurajfBlueRavendaryl.rasmusenb14_ESODysturbedGlassHalfFullsarahvhoffb14_ESOHrogunNic727DaiKahnLaerothKeykalynjerek95BriolaseSalamanNZSheridankip_silverwolfTannus15DMuehlhausenDarkmage1337BouldercleaveEnemy-of-Coldharbour 75 votes
NO! This a BAAAD idea! Kind of like Patch 36 The Movie
56%
aipex8_ESOchessalavakia_ESOopajwenchmore420b14_ESOArthur_SpoonfondleKhenarthiMisscapefoxanitajoneb17_ESOElsonsoNeKryXeAvalonRangerkiesogiuliRagnarok0130Parasaurolophusrobwolf666DuaneAstironVoodooPlatypusThe_Lex 97 votes
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love that! Especially if it's an animated film version of the first cinematic trailer for ESO, because all the character designs are great and the story could easily lend itself to a film script (plus the way the trailer ends leaves room for potential sequels).
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love an Elder Scrolls movie but I'd much prefer the plot to be Oblivion's main plotline. I'd also want it to be live action.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I find video games turned into movies tend to struggle because video games and movies as mediums have different strengths and weaknesses and content designed for one medium frequently isn't a good fit for another medium.

Video games frequently take advantage of choice as well as the experience of investing effort and time to create deeper connections.

The first time or two I played the main story line for ESO I liked parts of it and the ending felt really good after I had struggled with some of the earlier parts. My early characters were DC which I feel made parts of the story better as I spent more time with some of the characters.

Nowadays, it doesn't really work as well because it comes at you in more of a burst and the combat difficulty in game has shifted enough the late power boost doesn't really feel as special and you don't really feel like you have as much of a connection to the characters because it can be a relatively short experience. The monologue bits also age rather poorly imho.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only good video game movie is Doom.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love an Elder Scrolls movie but I'd much prefer the plot to be Oblivion's main plotline. I'd also want it to be live action.
    I'd also prefer live action.

Also, if any streaming company ever makes an Elder Scrolls series, I hope they finish it. There's an unfortunate trend of streaming companies cancelling perfectly good TV series because they're not making enough money, and completely ignoring the series' fans. For that reason, I'd never watch any Elder Scrolls series until it finished normally, without being cancelled.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eww. Not into my game worlds becoming poorly done movies. I'd seriously rather watch The Maltese Falcon or any other Bogie movies, especially with Lauren Bacall (though Brigid O'Shaughnessy was good in Falcon).

I'd even rather watch SW I, II, and III, as bad as they are.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would much prefer a high budget TV series (ala GoT) about the rise and reign of Tiber Septim :)
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is like the game trailers and not live-action then yes.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think an Elder Scrolls movie could work, but I think it would be best if it wasn't recreating the story of any of the games but instead focusing on events from the lore, or maybe an original story. That gives them more freedom to do something that works within the format (only having about 2 hours for the whole story for example) rather than having to mangle an existing story like a lot of video game movies do.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No I would rather they spend money on the game than a separate project.
  • Feljax
    Feljax
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is so much lore to Elder Scrolls that I sincerely believe it would be better suited as a TV series. Preferably live action, in my opinion.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feljax wrote: »
    There is so much lore to Elder Scrolls that I sincerely believe it would be better suited as a TV series. Preferably live action, in my opinion.
    If they could use the game's soundtrack, that would be even better, in my opinion. I love the game's soundtrack.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue I can see with Elder Scrolls as a movie / TV series is that it would need to have HUGE CGI (and maybe some practical effects too) budget, so that we could have Khajiit & Argonian characters with adequate screen time, so they would not feel like something extraordinary, or "out of this world".

^ Otherwise, without those two, "Elder Scrolls" movie would end-up looking just like another LOTR.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would have been in the no camp, but I watched Arcane and Edge runners this year.

Do I want something as amazing as Arcane in the world of TES? Why yes, yes I do.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue I can see with Elder Scrolls as a movie / TV series is that it would need to have HUGE CGI (and maybe some practical effects too) budget, so that we could have Khajiit & Argonian characters with adequate screen time, so they would not feel like something extraordinary, or "out of this world".

^ Otherwise, without those two, "Elder Scrolls" movie would end-up looking just like another LOTR.

What if James Cameron was the technical lead with Peter Jackson?
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, way too much content and I don't really trust a film studio to do it justice.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. There's little gameplay in Overland these days anyway, and the main quests all mostly are just a small series of plot beats. So, there's plenty of room to fill in details to expand for a movie or TV show.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 19, 2022 11:51PM
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given what's happening with other games/books turned into films or TV series just lately... NO!
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is a joke, my post not the op post. Just to make sure, so that them devs dont flag just coz...

Hell [snip] no to the movie.
    They will put it in the crown store with a ridiculous price tag.
    Then they will put it in crown crate with zero percent drop rate.
    And then they will nerfed it to oblivion because players are enjoying it.

Again I'm joking, so please...

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 20, 2022 5:15PM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If there ever was an Elder Scrolls movie, it would need to not just have token khajiit or argonians but would need to FOCUS on them. How delightful if there was an entire movie without a single furless bald-bottom on screen? Khajiit would certainly pay to see THAT.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elder scrolls TV series might be a better idea.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »
    Given what's happening with other games/books turned into films or TV series just lately... NO!

The Witcher and Sonic are pretty decent from what I have heard. I'm excited for The Last of Us. Arcane has a perfect critic score on Rotten Tomatoes and a near perfect audience score. I think outside video games media is having a decent run rn.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 20, 2022 4:37AM
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't seen it yet I recommend Silent Hill.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly speaking my vote would be different 10y ago, nowadays I'd like movie business be miles away from game industry for both sake. Especially recent years, it's just not fitting most titles I'm interested in anymore, poor Witcher franchise, can't imagine someone starting with this series instead of a book or at the very least a game which is different but so good.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes to "the Elder Scroll movie/TVshow".
    No to "based on video game".
    PvP - Recruit.
    PvE - Dragon food
    RPG - A guy who thought, that he can defeat daedric prince, yet guards still chase him off when he accidentally touches some object during daily writs.
  • Nightowl_74
    Nightowl_74
    ✭✭✭
    I want to think a movie might be done well, but I don't actually think it would happen because the game offers a huge amount of story and lore but very little in-depth character development.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is certainly enough material to use to produce a movie from a video game, but historically, video games have not made the best movies. Where the problem ends up starting, I really do not know. There have certainly been a few exceptions to the bad translation process, and it does look like there might be some signs that the trend is reversing, but I am not sure I would trust Hollywood to get Elder Scrolls right in a movie.
  • AltanasAExcalibur
    A movie would be too compact unfortunately.

I would rather a 10 episode series format

However, this would have to be per faction for series 1 - 3.

After that combine from series 4 onwards and go through each expansion or Arc per series.

There is enough core material to turn it into a screenplay for multiple 10 episode series; even after ignoring all the fluff content.

• amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voted no, because video game movies are usually disasters. Though now that I think about it, I recall seeing a TV show where each episode was its own self-contained story taking place in the same world as the other eps but otherwise unrelated to them for the most part (the lead character was a different person each episode). Such a format could work for Elder Scrolls, since it could give each race and era their fair share of the spotlight rather than focusing on just one the whole time.
    Edited by amig186 on December 20, 2022 3:18PM
    PC EU
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should be based on BGS work, not ZOS. Real drama, not travelling circus.
    PC EU