The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

I have to throw away as garbage my event tickets, again

• derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always love to collect some unique furniture, so i am with you guys.

Since i hope for a male redguard/nord/breton or a better imperial male (not with these weird red hair), i can at least collect these companion guild scrolls since i get 10 of each guild.

Normally i get the armour pieces offered too but i dont need clothes that make me look like a running leprechaun.
    Options
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First day of the new event, and I've already bought the only one important item from the Impresario. What do I have left? Six new style pages, that I could drop from event coffers... and NOTHING ELSE. This event gives 60 tickets. How can I spend them without throwing them away ? Indriks ? Sorry, I already have those, and all the feathers for a new basic one. Why, I say WHY couldn't they put some furnishing up for sale at the Impresario? It's so simple... just some furnishing... to let old players have something to buy... Another time, thanks ZOS !!!!!

Heh, it's even worse. They are encouraging people to gift you even more tickets with their give and receive promotion.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First day of the new event, and I've already bought the only one important item from the Impresario. What do I have left? Six new style pages, that I could drop from event coffers... and NOTHING ELSE. This event gives 60 tickets. How can I spend them without throwing them away ? Indriks ? Sorry, I already have those, and all the feathers for a new basic one. Why, I say WHY couldn't they put some furnishing up for sale at the Impresario? It's so simple... just some furnishing... to let old players have something to buy... Another time, thanks ZOS !!!!!

Heh, it's even worse. They are encouraging people to gift you even more tickets with their give and receive promotion.

Well, presumably you'd gift tickets to your new friend who's trying to catch up on things. Not the guy who has too many tickets already. /shrug
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:D
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY couldn't they put some furnishing up for sale at the Impresario? It's so simple... just some furnishing... to let old players have something to buy...

This!

I lose my tickets almost every single event because I don't care about Pets or Indriks or Skins. I want furnishings!
    Edited by SilverBride on December 17, 2022 5:20AM
    PCNA
    Options
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos doesnt award enough tickets = complain
    Zos gives more than enough tickets = complain
    Options
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    I agree with much of whats said, I've done the event multiple times, and since i don't care much about the outfit styles, there often is little of interest for me to buy. They added the reputation things for the companions, even if not needed now they can be stored for future ones so those are ok.

For myself I'd like them to add some furnishings to the store like they do for the Halloween timed event. Some garland, a decorative tree, reindeer, snow flurry effects, string lights, etc. I'd like them to add things like this to all events.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with much of whats said, I've done the event multiple times, and since i don't care much about the outfit styles, there often is little of interest for me to buy. They added the reputation things for the companions, even if not needed now they can be stored for future ones so those are ok.

For myself I'd like them to add some furnishings to the store like they do for the Halloween timed event. Some garland, a decorative tree, reindeer, snow flurry effects, string lights, etc. I'd like them to add things like this to all events.

Pretty sure they won't add that sort of furnishing since there's that kind of things in the New Life Furnishings Pack - for crowns.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    Zos doesnt award enough tickets = complain
    Zos gives more than enough tickets = complain

This has nothing to do with the amount of tickets being awarded. It's about the lack of useful items to purchase with them. Every event should have a few furnishings that are appropriate to the theme of the event.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Smackosynthesis
    Smackosynthesis
    ✭✭✭
    I looked up all the stuff you can get and none of it is really good looking... Looks like it came from that time around '14-'15 when they had crappy armor design. The 2x exp is nice tho
    Options
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    I wish the ticket cap would be removed or just greatly increased. Better flexibility to skip events you don't enjoy, or can't participate in because you have to travel, etc. And if you WANT to participate in an event and there's nothing to buy you can just consider it insurance in case you are busy next time.

Or if, like my alt account, you do not have access to DLC. I have missed several event on that acct because it is a base game /summerset acct.

I'd actually like the ticket cap to be raised myself.
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sort of ambivalent about the idea of raising or removing the cap on things like event tickets and transmutation crystals.

On the one hand, it would remove all of the angst about collecting any more tickets/crystals when you're at or near the cap.

But on the other hand, if you aren't spending them because there's nothing you want to buy or do with them, it seems kind of silly to want to be able to keep even more of them so you can "not-spend" the additional ones, too.

I do understand the desire to save up for rainy days, or for "big-ticket" items, etc.

As far as offering more things to buy with the tickets, it seems like ZOS gets criticized for not having enough things to buy if they don't offer more, but also gets criticized for having too many things to buy if they do offer more. What I'm getting at is that it's probably pretty tricky for them to find a "sweet spot" for each event where the number of things to buy and the number of tickets that can be acquired are reasonably balanced with each other, especially when there are two types of players who make up "outliers" as it were-- players who missed earlier events and who are trying to catch up on items from prior events (such that there never seems to be enough tickets per event for them to buy everything they want), and players who simply aren't interested in whatever items happen to be on offer during a particular event (such that there never seems to be enough items for them to spend their tickets on).
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We really need more stuff to use tickets on during events
    Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad they don't have event exclusive furnishings or items each time. It's already a lot trying to spend them on the event items. It also defeats the purpose of a catch up event if you spent your tickets on the various furnishings throughout the year.

I like you can more or less get everything if you're dedicated. Instead, I wish they had more stuff to spend them on that was generally useful and available each event. The commendations and repair kits are a nice start. Perhaps they could have some nice things people have been asking for that are more general. Such as nice windows, various plants, etc.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 18, 2022 5:51AM
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An abundance of tickets is nice this time of year. I'll get what I want and when I top off at 12 tickets, I don't have to do any more event this year. kudos
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I am glad they don't have event exclusive furnishings or items each time. It's already a lot trying to spend them on the event items. It also defeats the purpose of a catch up event if you spent your tickets on the various furnishings throughout the year.

What about those of us who don't want the event items? I don't want a Pet or an Indrik or a Skin and I don't like most of the Style Pages. I'm not going to spend tickets for items I don't want so I end up either losing tickets every day or just not participating in the event.

Not everyone wants those things. Throw us a few crumbs and give us some Furnishing items as choices.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, presumably you'd gift tickets to your new friend who's trying to catch up on things. Not the guy who has too many tickets already. /shrug

I tried this during a previous event but you couldn't gift earned tickets you could only gift purchased tickets,,,Has this been changed?
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »

I tried this during a previous event but you couldn't gift earned tickets you could only gift purchased tickets,,,Has this been changed?

No, they have a periodic Crown Store thing where you can buy & gift Crown tickets, and if you do enough you get some prize. /meh
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

What about those of us who don't want the event items? I don't want a Pet or an Indrik or a Skin and I don't like most of the Style Pages. I'm not going to spend tickets for items I don't want so I end up either losing tickets every day or just not participating in the event.

Not everyone wants those things. Throw us a few crumbs and give us some Furnishing items as choices.

That's why I want them to have all year round offerings. I already experience event fatigue trying to get the limited time items I enjoy, so I wouldn't want more of them. I think having the Event Assistant and Impresario having some all year offerings could give us something else to spend excess tickets on, without the annoyance that comes with limited items.

You could skip an event entirely and still get that window you wanted.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 18, 2022 8:37PM
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's great they give out a lot of tickets this event, since they include all the past fragments in the vendor for people to catch up. Plus a lot of players might be busy to play during the holidays, thus being able to gather quite a few tickets in the first days of the event means they can get the new stuff and then not worry if they don't have time later. Of course it would be even nicer if they added some winter-themed furnishings in the Impressario as well, especially since there is an event ticket promotion going on, but with the overabundance of tickets, not everyone will be needing a lot of extras, so it would be nice to add some furnishings to promote the promotion, so to speak :D
    Options
  • bruta
    bruta
    ✭✭✭

that's a good idea about the reputation tokens, so we can store them in the bank and even use on future characters?
    I'd like to use them when I finally start High Isle
    Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. It shouldn't be that hard to add a few event themed furnishings that can be used to decorate player houses.
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the top-level guild skills for companions were better, I'd be happier about the commendations I'll spend my excess event tickets on.
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started the event with 11 tickets from the last event, so I was able to buy the last piece of the hourglass. I had enough over a few days to completely rebuild the pet dragon. Now I will just buy the style pages until I collect them all so I can stop grinding. Saving up 12 to start the next event will be nice. I could see it as a negative that I'll be capped and maxed with nothing to buy, but it is fun to think of the new event items. I don't want them to nerf ticket amounts :(
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • Lupus Hortian
    Lupus Hortian
    Soul Shriven
    For me it looks like as if they want to complete this era of Indriks and soulfire dragons by giving so many event tickets, so that everybody can complete whatever he/she has in mind. I hope that after this event the indriks and the soulfire dragon is history and something new will come.
    Options
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More variety in the purchaseable event items would be nice, tbh. Especially as an end of year celebration. Maybe bring out a few fan favourites from past seasons. I understand that reducing FOMO wouldn't be a bad thing, but not everyone is busy during the holidays, and this would be a nice gesture for those who aren't.
    Options
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Time is long overdue to INCREASE the amount of Event Tickets we can hold beyond the measly 12 set at the moment.....
    Options
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For me it looks like as if they want to complete this era of Indriks and soulfire dragons by giving so many event tickets, so that everybody can complete whatever he/she has in mind. I hope that after this event the indriks and the soulfire dragon is history and something new will come.
    The Soulfire Dragon will be cycled out this year. Every year during New Life they still have the morphing Pet and all the pieces for all four things you can get from it, so people can get things they may have missed over the year. They'll do the same thing with whatever next year's Pet is, too.

Pretty sure the Indriks will be permanent and cycle yearly between all the ones they released during events. They were brought back thanks to many people either having Feathers/Berries they couldn't use and couldn't get rid of (since they go in your Fragments) or just not being here when the Indriks were first available. At some point it's possible they'll add this and last year's Pets and their morphs as well to that guy's stock.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
    Options
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They should allow us to convert them to Tel Vars or Ap.
    Today Victory is mine, Long Live the Empire. GG
    Options
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the yearly catch-up event guys. These tickets are supposed to be extra to allow those that missed event days in the year to get things that they missed. Buy guild commendations for present or future companions if you really need to find something to spend money on.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
    Options