The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I have to throw away as garbage my event tickets, again

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
First day of the new event, and I've already bought the only one important item from the Impresario. What do I have left? Six new style pages, that I could drop from event coffers... and NOTHING ELSE. This event gives 60 tickets. How can I spend them without throwing them away ? Indriks ? Sorry, I already have those, and all the feathers for a new basic one. Why, I say WHY couldn't they put some furnishing up for sale at the Impresario? It's so simple... just some furnishing... to let old players have something to buy... Another time, thanks ZOS !!!!!
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. I've been quite active in events this year, so I'll get the last hourglass fragment tomorrow, I also have all 3 spare fragments for another base pet, and I also own all Indriks mounts and pets that Nenulaure offers at the moment. There's nothing more for me to buy except for the new style pages, but I assume I'll get those through crates anyway, and repair kits, which I already have masses of.

Maybe a box with a random lamp could be offered for 2 or 3 tickets (as there are sometimes random light sources in the event reward boxes)? Other furniture would be appreciated too, of course.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, at least because I'd love if every event had event themed furnishings because I love furnishings and housing in general so more unique furnishings would be great.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be cool if they did like they did with Witch's and put a select few crown store furnishings on the Impressario during this event.
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I'm gonna be stocking up on group repair kits again. Still haven't run out from last year but oh well.
  • Living_Tribunal
    Living_Tribunal
    ✭✭✭
    Buy those yesteryear satchel things.
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy those yesteryear satchel things.

These are only useful if you haven't already collected items from previous years, which doesn't apply to everyone (including me).
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just had a look those offerings are a bit grim.

You'd think they could have included some of the xmas themed furnishings.
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As one of the people who doesn't yet have everything, I'm looking forward to finishing off that hourglass, getting MOAR Indrik fragments, hopefully the new motif, getting my soulfire dragon illusion back, finishing off older motifs, and grabbing more group repair kits...

Not enough tickets %)

Hopefully Zos will add something more attractive to the person who has everything, though, so the event is better for you as well.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if that is all that is there ill probably use any extra tickets for indirik non combat pets, as im still missing those (i have all the indirik mounts but still missing some of the pets)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do think it's really nice that they're so generous with tickets this event, I just wish they'd offer more different things for spare tickets instead of just those repair kits. A random furniture box would be perfect for the housing community, or small furniture that's used regularly such as candles or wine bottles. For those who need them, they could also offer food or healing potions and other consumables.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When there's nothing I want, I just enjoy the lack of pressure on collecting them. I can do other things and finish up other quests in peace.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Hopefully Zos will add something more attractive to the person who has everything, though, so the event is better for you as well."

It is a lose lose situation. f they add more things players that are trying to catch up with past items complain that they can't get everything. If they do not add more things players that have past items complain there is nothing to use tickets on.

Maybe they should allow players to purchase seals of endeavor or writ vouchers with tickets?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gift your extra event tickets to random strangers hanging around Breda.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 15, 2022 7:02PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    It is a lose lose situation. f they add more things players that are trying to catch up with past items complain that they can't get everything.

That's why I didn't suggest new special collectibles but furniture or consumables that are permanently in the game anyway. A few small things, just so the tickets won't be wasted.
    Elsonso wrote: »

Can they be traded?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    It is a lose lose situation. f they add more things players that are trying to catch up with past items complain that they can't get everything.

That's why I didn't suggest new special collectibles but furniture or consumables that are permanently in the game anyway. A few small things, just so the tickets won't be wasted.

Can they be traded?

No. I was not paying attention. :disappointed:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The large amount of players who DON'T have everything in this game already appreciate their tickets quite a bit more than OP.

It's rather like $100 bills raining down from the heavens, and a billionaire complaining about how all that money is being wasted because they already have everything money can buy.

One thing that I WOULD be in favor of is a much larger cap on the amount of tickets players can have, so that they can save up as many tickets as they like for future use.

Maybe they should allow players to purchase seals of endeavor or writ vouchers with tickets?

This game already has enough rewards for players who have hours and hours every day to play on a regular basis. Rewarding those players even further is ludicrous.

Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    When there's nothing I want, I just enjoy the lack of pressure on collecting them. I can do other things and finish up other quests in peace.

Yes, it's nice to be able to play other games once I've gotten my hourglass and replacement Mr. Flappy.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is usually me, so I feel for you. I think last event I bought one of the companion guild levels for someone. This event though…I might actually not have enough since I missed the first two quarters of events. So if I want those items as well, I’ll be hard pressed to get everything.

Except the paladin costume. Definitely don’t want that.
    Edited by heaven13 on December 15, 2022 9:12PM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can they be traded?

Not only are tickets bound, but everything you buy with them directly is also bound. (although some things like the style pages are bound when bought with tickets but tradeable when dropped).
    I'll be building up my supply of repair kits also. I do at least use those in the progression teams I'm on.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paralyse wrote: »
    This game already has enough rewards for players who have hours and hours every day to play on a regular basis. Rewarding those players even further is ludicrous.

One event quest doesn't take longer then 10 minutes though, I'd say (with exception of the Undaunted events where you had to finish a whole group dungeon, which takes a bit longer; and PvP events I don't know). It's not that one had to be logged in for several hours each day to finish them (I understand very well though that there are people who don't have time or interest to log in every day).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

Can they be traded?

Not only are tickets bound, but everything you buy with them directly is also bound. (although some things like the style pages are bound when bought with tickets but tradeable when dropped).
    I'll be building up my supply of repair kits also. I do at least use those in the progression teams I'm on.

to add to this, tickets CAN be gifted, but only through the crown store (and they even have some of those mini-event things for gifting 5 tickets to get some crown crates sometimes, dont think they have it during this event though)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

to add to this, tickets CAN be gifted, but only through the crown store (and they even have some of those mini-event things for gifting 5 tickets to get some crown crates sometimes, dont think they have it during this event though)

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/63377

They have it :)

Campos de oro
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I try to understand what the devs do, but sometimes (or many times) that's hard. The Impresario will sell furnishings during some events, such as the Witches Festival or last year's Blackwood event, but not during others. Why not add a few event-themed things for those who either completed everything or aren't interested in the style pages on offer? It's not like letting people buy some small crown-exclusive items with tickets will dent revenue so badly.

On the plus side, not as much grinding to complete this event's outfit style for me. To Oblivion with those Argonians of Hissmir and their disgusting meal or the silly orc who thinks wasps make honey (what's next, milking a crocodile?).
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At times like this, the best option is to buy all of the new style pages with tickets, then sell, trade, or give away any of the new style pages that you find while looting since those will not be bound. Any excess tickets remaining after that can be spent on those group repair kits or anything else that's on offer.

Also, don't forget to buy all of the fragments for the morphable pet so you can assemble them into another copy of the pet after you've morphed your previous copy of the pet into the furnishing.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Group repair kits have value.

Or just simply don't do the event.

New life event has always been a catch up event for people who missed all or part of earlier events in the year as this is the last chance.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/63377

They have it :)

i didnt see that lol (since they had posted it today no wonder lol), thanks for the heads up lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    At times like this, the best option is to buy all of the new style pages with tickets, then sell, trade, or give away any of the new style pages that you find while looting since those will not be bound. Any excess tickets remaining after that can be spent on those group repair kits or anything else that's on offer.

Also, don't forget to buy all of the fragments for the morphable pet so you can assemble them into another copy of the pet after you've morphed your previous copy of the pet into the furnishing.

I will definitely do that (buy style pages from the impresario, then sell the dropped ones), and I will buy some awful kits with the 30 remaining tickets. Ehi, they are many, 30 remaining tickets are a lot !!! Too much to spend them in garbage...

And for the fire dragon pet... I had the fragments from previous events, so now I can't buy any fragment anymore, because the morphs are finished for this pet.

I think that ZOS's policy is this: favor new players and discourage old players...
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

New life event has always been a catch up event for people who missed all or part of earlier events in the year as this is the last chance.

OK, thank you for suggesting me to not play anymore ahahahahahahahaha
    :-)
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

OK, thank you for suggesting me to not play anymore ahahahahahahahaha
    :-)

:D:p
    Edited by Gandalf_72 on December 15, 2022 11:18PM
    PC | EU
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paralyse wrote: »
    The large amount of players who DON'T have everything in this game already appreciate their tickets quite a bit more than OP.

It's rather like $100 bills raining down from the heavens, and a billionaire complaining about how all that money is being wasted because they already have everything money can buy.

One thing that I WOULD be in favor of is a much larger cap on the amount of tickets players can have, so that they can save up as many tickets as they like for future use.

It's not like a rich and a poor, it's more like an old and a young. If I already have almost everything in this game it's because I've been playing since many years, not because I'm rich. If ZOS simply put up for sale some furnishing at the Impresario, it's not something offensive against the new comers, but could be very useful for old players that have nothing to buy.
    Actually there would be an Indrik that I don't own, but that one has never been offered for sale in recent events, it is the Dawnwood Indrik, the only one that was not offered after the year 2019.
    Edited by Rishikesa108 on December 16, 2022 1:12AM