Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

(Class Guide) In Depth Nightblade Class Guide

• Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    thoraya wrote: »
    Well, I hope we are not destroying your thread soulstorm :disappointed_relieved:

You suggest a 1/2/1 attribute build for bow/dual wield, focus more on weapon skills?

And the thread is for discussion! So what your doing is good :smiley:
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    I play a sword and board heavy armor Nightblade while questing. When I want to be silly though I use 2h for that ridiculously large damage strike from stealth.

Also worth pointing out, I am going 9/20/20 on attributes. I'm level 46 now and it's still serving me well. Most of my layouts have two weapon skills and 3 magicka skills, but the stam skills are the ones I cast more often.
  • thoraya
    thoraya
    I'm running now a DW/Bow build, vet4. It's very good for soloing IMO, I also run now 49 stamina, but that will be respecced into health. Also its not that high burst damage, but the CC is ridiculous. I also use Soul Tether as ultime, but the vampire skills are also very nice.
    Build
    tea
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    Xithian wrote: »
    I play a sword and board heavy armor Nightblade while questing. When I want to be silly though I use 2h for that ridiculously large damage strike from stealth.

Also worth pointing out, I am going 9/20/20 on attributes. I'm level 46 now and it's still serving me well. Most of my layouts have two weapon skills and 3 magicka skills, but the stam skills are the ones I cast more often.

I feel like nightblade could be a decent debuff tank, what do you think?
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    thoraya wrote: »
    I'm running now a DW/Bow build, vet4. It's very good for soloing IMO, I also run now 49 stamina, but that will be respecced into health. Also its not that high burst damage, but the CC is ridiculous. I also use Soul Tether as ultime, but the vampire skills are also very nice.
    Build

I think that duel wield is fun but honestly the 2h stealth opener is just too good to pass up on. You ever try it?
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭

BTW Sword and board at vr 10 is super strong.
  • Enrayha
    Enrayha
    Im current V10 and played all the way during questing with Duelwield ( till 50 a bit with bow ). My build was pretty simple and can be played with 1HS, 2H, Bow also.

Just swith the dw skill out with the attack u prefer for some spamming and by bow u can take magmumshot instead of Mirage.

http://www.elderscrollsbote.de/planer/#1-7b0700000000:211:1109:14:14:2108:21:21:21:194:13:11:14:129:12:22:22:11:213:24:21:11:11:129:13:11:13:12:112:12:12:14:18:111:156:112:15:132-120:447:336:337:124:370:474:547:128:542:124:341

Gear: 5 Light, 2 Medium all magica, rings and amu all magica.
    Weapons: Daggers, Destrostaff crit
    Stats: 49 Points HP

A Vid of some PvE gameplay as im V6/7 and than u see why i need this magica =) and nearly 0 stamina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TdLmo1Opoc

If u go on my other vids there are all 3 V1-5 Dungs. At the Ends u will see that my lightattacks makes the most damage if u watch these 3.

Well cause im V10 i will test now a few combinations with full stamina builds ect cause during leveling i played only with the dw bar and on my second was always skills to train ( all weapons 50 and nearly all skills maxed ).

Hope it helps some people who prefers the assa style like me.

• Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    Yeah I made this video showing gameplay from my spec. The stealth opener is so strong.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVrcTztQ_Ng&list=PLmvBQd5HUiVaYs-bji0b758tkdj5Ja9Gx
    Edited by Soulstormkj on April 25, 2014 6:38AM
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    Enrayha wrote: »
    Im current V10 and played all the way during questing with Duelwield ( till 50 a bit with bow ). My build was pretty simple and can be played with 1HS, 2H, Bow also.

Just swith the dw skill out with the attack u prefer for some spamming and by bow u can take magmumshot instead of Mirage.

http://www.elderscrollsbote.de/planer/#1-7b0700000000:211:1109:14:14:2108:21:21:21:194:13:11:14:129:12:22:22:11:213:24:21:11:11:129:13:11:13:12:112:12:12:14:18:111:156:112:15:132-120:447:336:337:124:370:474:547:128:542:124:341

A Vid of some PvE gameplay as im V6/7 and than u see why i need this magica =) and nearly 0 stamina.

If u go on my other vids there are all 3 V1-5 Dungs. At the Ends u will see that my lightattacks makes the most damage if u watch these 3.

Well cause im V10 i will test now a few combinations with full stamina builds ect cause during leveling i played only with the dw bar and on my second was always skills to train ( all weapons 50 and nearly all skills maxed ).

Cool video and interesting skill build I need to try it out
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭

Ive started to use 1hdr shield now, its super sick.
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭

How is the full stamina build working?
  • Enrayha
    Enrayha
    I tested some ae grinding with dw in v10 area on zombies and grp public dung.

1. ae jump skill from assa
    2. mageguild rune
    3. whirlewind.
    4. invis
    5. free to use i use the syph 4 skill to restore mag and stam that i dont have to long cd, but i need 1-2 whirles more to kill.
    Ulti: Syph stun

jump in > ulti > whirle > rune > whirle x2 > invis + rune and rest whirle.

You can do 5er packs in grp dung and as many zombies as u want. Didnt had the chance to test it in v10 Dung, but the dps seems to me more as with destrostaff.

Well to make good dps single with bow, 2hand or schield... take the syph 4 skill in and spam/waste ur stats. With a few autoattacks between u nearly never go low^^.

My next test will be a ae Bow but i dont think it will work as good as destro or dw.
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭

2. mageguild rune
    3. whirlewind.
    4. invis
    5. free to use i use the syph 4 skill to restore mag and stam that i dont have to long cd, but i need 1-2 whirles more to kill.

You can do 5er packs in grp dung and as many zombies as u want. Didnt had the chance to test it in v10 Dung, but the dps seems to me more as with destrostaff.

Well to make good dps single with bow, 2hand or schield... take the syph 4 skill in and spam/waste ur stats. With a few autoattacks between u nearly never go low^^.

My next test will be a ae Bow but i dont think it will work as good as destro or dw.

Wait so do you use volcanic rune as the morph or the other one?
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent guide and discussion!

I put something like 31 pts into magic, 14 into stamina and 5 into health b/c I'm always running out of mana during fights - bow user w/spells like siphoning slotted for health.

I may switch to something more similar to the comments above b/c I'm finding bow pretty weak in veteran content - I basically end up kiting while trying to manage health via spells + pots. But the mana for invis is super nice - and the stamina very nice for sprinting through quests. I feel like I can zerg many of the quests by running past all the annoying mobs.

How does the respec work? Do you pay one fee to do everything? Or one skill at a time?

Thank you for the great thread :)
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get all reseted to 0 and pay the full price for all spent points.
    The skill level maintains the same.
    Edited by Feimerdre on May 5, 2014 11:58AM
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    Singular wrote: »
    Excellent guide and discussion!

I put something like 31 pts into magic, 14 into stamina and 5 into health b/c I'm always running out of mana during fights - bow user w/spells like siphoning slotted for health.

I may switch to something more similar to the comments above b/c I'm finding bow pretty weak in veteran content - I basically end up kiting while trying to manage health via spells + pots. But the mana for invis is super nice - and the stamina very nice for sprinting through quests. I feel like I can zerg many of the quests by running past all the annoying mobs.

How does the respec work? Do you pay one fee to do everything? Or one skill at a time?

Thank you for the great thread :)

Thanks, I would definitely invest in respeccing as you can hit the soft cap for magika very easily with enchants. I also switched from bow to 1h shield as it is far superior for leveling. However I use the bow when it comes to bosses. With the vampire changes I changed my build a bit and I will update it accordingly on the front page. 2her works extremely well if you have a healer to back you up.

Let me know if you have any questions, and you can check out my live build here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYwRmEkVUFw
    Edited by Soulstormkj on May 8, 2014 9:50PM
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭

2. mageguild rune
    3. whirlewind.
    4. invis

AOE Grind as a nightblade is atrocious we have terrible class AOES.
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭

2. mageguild rune
    3. whirlewind.
    4. invis

Asides from whirling blades...
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    Haste still broken....
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. mageguild rune
    3. whirlewind.
    4. invis

Which is not a Nightblade skill.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its hard to have a class discussion thread when so much of the class is fail. This thread makes me mad. Mad that Zenimax would release the game in such a state. How do you not hotfix broken passives and abilities for a class within the first week of release?

Sorry to derail.
  • Kangas
    Kangas
    ✭✭✭
    Mablung wrote: »
    Its hard to have a class discussion thread when so much of the class is fail. This thread makes me mad. Mad that Zenimax would release the game in such a state. How do you not hotfix broken passives and abilities for a class within the first week of release?

Sorry to derail.

No problem. Just stop playing the class and the game until they fix it. That's what I did.
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    Kangas wrote: »
    Mablung wrote: »

Sorry to derail.

No problem. Just stop playing the class and the game until they fix it. That's what I did.

Im sorry but thats bull**** that I have to do that! How can you accept that? I should not have to pay 60$ to have to give in to broken content 3 MONTHS In.
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭

2. mageguild rune
    3. whirlewind.
    4. invis

http://esohead.com/skills/38891-whirling-blades

Either a fail troll or stupid. GJ Man.
  • Jeddahwe
    Jeddahwe
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of class go for light armor and a Restoration staff (DPS and Healing)....Simple...

You can play any way you want as long as it involves using a resto staff loool

You can use stamina builds but you will NEVER be as efficient or produce the kind of number a resto staff user can at higher levels of content.
    Edited by Jeddahwe on June 8, 2014 6:55AM
  • Zxaxz
    Zxaxz
    ✭✭✭

2. mageguild rune
    3. whirlewind.
    4. invis

http://esohead.com/skills/38891-whirling-blades

Either a fail troll or stupid. GJ Man.

Duel Wield Skill, NOT a Night Blade skill... {Go to any class on ESO head, select -Weapon/Duel wield - Whirlwind [Morphed] = Whirling Blades}
    Darkness is the natural state of the galaxy. A light will not shine forever; one day it will burn itself out. Darkness, however, is everlasting and never expires.
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey. I posted my build in general discussion asking how to make it better. I'm wondering if anybody here would like to make some tweaks to it.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/107597/how-do-i-make-my-nb-better?new=1

• philip.ploegerb16_ESO
    I read this guide wanting to post something similar for Templar. I find it's a good thing that you do, and I think that many of the information you provide is very useful, but the lessons you teach about PvP I find somewhat questionable.

I. e. "when you have to run, don't be brave" . This is the exact opposite of what I'd advise. "Backpaddle while dealing dmg, rooting of opponents to split their group because half cannot follow or use line of sight and out-range to diminish dmg" would be things that I'd advise, but from personal experience, which lasts back to PvP in UO, the point at where you start to "run" away, the fight is lost.
    Solutions to deal with harsh situations are i. e. "intelligent use of Ultimates, CC and PvP-tools like running-speed, Purge or Barrier" , but fighting successfully means "sticking together and not giving up" or maybe also "trying to act like you were 300" . You fight together, you win together, you die together, that's PvP.

A mentality like "IF SOMEONE FALLS BEHIND, LEAVE THEM!!!!" leads to failure, it should be "if someone shuts of his brain, forgets about his group and charges ahead 100+ m into the Zerg and starts bombing" , say "XY, you're (massively) extended and unhealable" . If someone falls behind, you order the group to wait. To prevent that this even happens, you change the perspective of your camera or order everyone to say "stick-lost" (or short "SL") in TS and ride in a circle to give him time to catch up.

Not sure if the points I made are understandeable, but as a long-term MMO-player and as you asked for this, I felt the need to react.
    Edited by philip.ploegerb16_ESO on June 10, 2014 4:50AM
    Noricum

Thx to Giny, Sarana, Thaili, Derra, Cherahim, Gloy, Raweelz and Drimacus, you make the game worth playing even with AoE-caps, no usefull progression past Assault / Support Rank 10, and with PvP being not even close to balanced.

Chars: Sera - VR12 Templar (Heal / DPS) ||| Seraliah - VR12 Dragonknight (DPS / Tank)
  • tylerdavidsonb14_ESO
    I notice alot of yalls builds are on ESOHEAD.COM. Can anyone tell me why I can't get the talent calculator to work on my computer? It just will not pop up no matter what I do.
  • philip.ploegerb16_ESO
    I'm no expert, but I think updating the Browser / installing Java could work.
    Noricum

Thx to Giny, Sarana, Thaili, Derra, Cherahim, Gloy, Raweelz and Drimacus, you make the game worth playing even with AoE-caps, no usefull progression past Assault / Support Rank 10, and with PvP being not even close to balanced.

Chars: Sera - VR12 Templar (Heal / DPS) ||| Seraliah - VR12 Dragonknight (DPS / Tank)