Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(Class Guide) In Depth Nightblade Class Guide

• Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    Tuchaka wrote: »
    not to be a noodge but did you change your mind about dual wield as the better choice or is it just a ...it's more to use 2H so is personal preference really ?

For the build as described. Duel wield is definitely the better choice. My live build is a bit different.
  • thoraya
    thoraya
    thoraya wrote: »
    Thanks for the answer :) you advice playing dual wield or 2h?
    I am playing 2h, its just way too much fun dashing in.
    not to be a noodge but did you change your mind about dual wield as the better choice or is it just a ...it's more to use 2H so is personal preference really ?

I'm lvl 22 now, and playing Dual Wield, all 5 passives are profit, 2h only 2ish
    + the attackspeed buff from rapid strike and bleed for heal from first skill :)
    combined with strife and veiled strike its a good setup for solodps and killing packs of 3 easy

Edited by thoraya on April 6, 2014 4:43PM
    tea
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the answer :) you advice playing dual wield or 2h?
    I am playing 2h, its just way too much fun dashing in.

I'm lvl 22 now, and playing Dual Wield, all 5 passives are profit, 2h only 2ish
    + the attackspeed buff from rapid strike and bleed for heal from first skill :)
    combined with strife and veiled strike its a good setup for solodps and killing packs of 3 easy

I personally have no problems crushing mobs with my 2her. I open from stealth and literally one shot with auto-attacks. That being said I do not really have much aoe asides from my ultimate. Since im a vampire bat swarm op ;o
  • morvegil
    morvegil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think is preference. Im using BOW now to pull mobs and widdle them down, then go big with 2h
    Lo'ke
    Nord Vampire
    Nightblade
    Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
    Bandit King
    Bridge Bandits Guild
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    morvegil wrote: »
    I think is preference. Im using BOW now to pull mobs and widdle them down, then go big with 2h

Yeah I find myself doing the same thing. Also im a vampire, so draining people mid burst combo is op.

• thoraya
    thoraya
    morvegil wrote: »

Yeah I find myself doing the same thing. Also im a vampire, so draining people mid burst combo is op.

you can tell me what the big negative points are as a vampire?

tea
  • Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    The big negative point about vamire/werewolf is that later Fighter Guild skills will toast you. At least in PvP :smiley:
  • thoraya
    thoraya
    Feimerdre wrote: »
    The big negative point about vamire/werewolf is that later Fighter Guild skills will toast you. At least in PvP :smiley:

But sunlight wont hurt me right? I've read about some stages of debuff if you dont feed on some guys?
    tea
  • Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets wait till they implement the Justice/Jail system. I am pretty sure that vamp/were will encounter some disadvantages in social life then just as the TES series had it. At least I very much hope for it...
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭

But sunlight wont hurt me right? I've read about some stages of debuff if you dont feed on some guys?

The sunlight doesnt hurt you :p fire does though, and depending on the spec you fight better at night.
  • Thralgaf
    Thralgaf
    ✭✭✭
    Do you purposely not use any dual wield melee? I find that surprising that on your melee hotbar there are no dual wield skills. Are you not constantly out of majicka?
  • yotanut
    yotanut
    ✭✭✭
    Thralgaf wrote: »
    Do you purposely not use any dual wield melee? I find that surprising that on your melee hotbar there are no dual wield skills. Are you not constantly out of majicka?

I use rapid strike, but have not unlocked "marked target" yet. I am not sure how not having a dual-wield skill in your action bar is effective and efficient. I run out of magicka too quickly now, especially on the long fights.
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    yotanut wrote: »

I use rapid strike, but have not unlocked "marked target" yet. I am not sure how not having a dual-wield skill in your action bar is effective and efficient. I run out of magicka too quickly now, especially on the long fights.

Nowadays I am using a 2her and bow. Some of my more recent videos showcase this. I will probably do a build video soon since I am level 50 now.
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    yotanut wrote: »

I evolved mark target into reapers mark. Its so good. 60% health return on kill.
  • Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree strongly with taking Concealed Weapon instead of Surprises Attack. The armour reduction is a huge since all of your close ranged class skills are mitigated by armour. You're taking a small, situational in combat movement speed boost instead of a considerable party wide DPS boost.
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    Teloran wrote: »
    I disagree strongly with taking Concealed Weapon instead of Surprises Attack. The armour reduction is a huge since all of your close ranged class skills are mitigated by armour. You're taking a small, situational in combat movement speed boost instead of a considerable party wide DPS boost.

While I think that generally your right. I have to say two things about your assumption.

A. When a party ganks one person in PVP They are pretty much gonna die instantly from what I have seen so far. ( This is from pre vet gameplay.)

B. You assume this build is for group play when it is actually for mostly 1v1 or PvE Single assassination style gameplay.

That being said, my build has changed considerably on launch and I am in fact using surprise attack instead of concealed weapon. But I can see how the movement speak can be useful especially against those who kite.
    Edited by Soulstormkj on April 10, 2014 6:40AM
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    Oops Repost.
    Edited by Soulstormkj on April 10, 2014 6:39AM
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭

Actually with my 2her that I am currently using I only use two 2her skills.

• Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    Has anyone else encounted a bug with vamprie that removes all your passives on death.
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    Lets wait till they implement the Justice/Jail system. I am pretty sure that vamp/were will encounter some disadvantages in social life then just as the TES series had it. At least I very much hope for it...

Whats the justice/jail system?
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a question; Does siphoning strikes benefit from the transfer passive, were each attack gives me 2 ultimate while siphoning strikes is active? Sorry to ask this here but I didnt want to make a new post just for one question.
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    I have a question; Does siphoning strikes benefit from the transfer passive, were each attack gives me 2 ultimate while siphoning strikes is active? Sorry to ask this here but I didnt want to make a new post just for one question.

I actually have not used siphoning strikes yet. Perhaps someone else could answer this for you. Sorry ;p
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭

After testing this out the answer is no. I think its because you have to "hit them" with an ability as in do damage.
  • Jeddahwe
    Jeddahwe
    ✭✭✭
    Destruction Staff Caster NB (aka Warlock)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFnKo1eMMHE
  • thoraya
    thoraya
    Jeddahwe wrote: »

Now this, I want, shut up and take my gold for respecc!

You think this is more damage than DW Stamina based?
    tea
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    Jeddahwe wrote: »

Its funny because literally 30 minutes before you posted that I added it to http://www.theelderarmory.com lol
  • Demonsthere
    Demonsthere
    Soul Shriven
    I've been playing the Warlock build with a few tweaks, and I have to say, for me it's play better than both dragonknight and sorcerer mage.
    Pros:
    - Depending on skill choices 3~5 skills that suck the HP from the enemy to yourself
    - Massive debuffs
    - Great sustain, you rarely are below 20% magicka casting spells all the time
    Cons:
    - Most of dmg is DoT, therefore the lack of burst
    - Exponential experience curve (becomes more and more effective with lvl, after getting 2 main skills Path of Shadow and Degeneration, you melt faces, but weak before that)
  • thoraya
    thoraya
    Well, I hope we are not destroying your thread soulstorm :disappointed_relieved:

You suggest a 1/2/1 attribute build for bow/dual wield, focus more on weapon skills?
    tea
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    Well, I hope we are not destroying your thread soulstorm :disappointed_relieved:

You suggest a 1/2/1 attribute build for bow/dual wield, focus more on weapon skills?

Yes this is because with medium armor you dont have much of an issue with stamina and you should enchant all your armor with + Magic. I am at vet rank 2 now and am currently having no issues with my stat distrubution.
  • Soulstormkj
    Soulstormkj
    ✭✭
    I've been playing the Warlock build with a few tweaks, and I have to say, for me it's play better than both dragonknight and sorcerer mage.
    Pros:
    - Depending on skill choices 3~5 skills that suck the HP from the enemy to yourself
    - Massive debuffs
    - Great sustain, you rarely are below 20% magicka casting spells all the time
    Cons:
    - Most of dmg is DoT, therefore the lack of burst
    - Exponential experience curve (becomes more and more effective with lvl, after getting 2 main skills Path of Shadow and Degeneration, you melt faces, but weak before that)

Yeah I chose to respec to this at vet rank 2, it is really fun in pve and you have a ton of mobility, but i feel like you NEED siphoning strikes to make it viable.