Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Latency spikes.

Mivryna
Mivryna
✭✭✭
So every now and then I'll consistently get latency spikes every couple of minutes, which last from 4 to 11 seconds most of the time. I can still move around on my client and the frame rate is perfectly fine, but no actions take place, and damage is done to my character as if I hadn't moved. Essentially the information is not getting between the server and my computer, but enemies still beat me up as I wait. It's pretty much the only thing that's killed me so far.
I've heard that many people are experiencing the same, but not a majority.

It's definitely not my specs, and it's probably not my connection considering how well it works otherwise. Hoping this gets sorted out.
  • Decimal
    Decimal
    This is happening to me as well, but with greater impact.

Massive spikes every 30-45 seconds fro 4-8 seconds... whole game freezes. I am currently in the prison tutorial zone.
    Edited by Decimal on March 31, 2014 12:39AM
    Options
  • Kanvindr
    Kanvindr
    Are you guys using wifi by any chance?
    Options
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, couldn't do anything for about 1 minute so just forced exited the game and no I'm not using a wifi connection.
    Options
  • Decimal
    Decimal
    I am not using wifi. It feels like a freeze so that the server can catch up, MAJOR technical issue :neutral_face: . I don't think that enemies move during the freeze.
    Options
  • DanBlackfyre
    DanBlackfyre
    ✭✭
    This could very well be related to this issue: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/61061/can-t-play-game-after-tutorial-in-the-prison/p1 It is occurring across different ISPs.
    Options
  • Mivryna
    Mivryna
    ✭✭✭
    This could very well be related to this issue: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/61061/can-t-play-game-after-tutorial-in-the-prison/p1 It is occurring across different ISPs.

Indeed it seems very similar, except I don't disconnect. I've only disconnected one time. Using FiOS. I definitely had these issues with Comcast in other games, but FiOS has not let me down yet.
    Options
  • Zelus
    Zelus
    I get this constantly like the server drops me and then i come back very weird... grouped with my friend and he's fine the whole time... Like i get dropped out of the "shard" and lost then thrown back in
    Options
  • Zelus
    Zelus
    and i will say this .. when i played for like 4ish hours early today I had no issues what so ever..no lag or anything like i am currently getting now
    Options
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    lol sooo much for polished :P
    Options
  • MattoxMaodhun
    MattoxMaodhun
    ✭✭
    Same problem here, but it happened last night about 4 hours after the servers opened. Decided to go to bed and try again today.
    Options
  • SadiusHunter
    SadiusHunter
    Soul Shriven
    I'm getting hounded by these latency issues, definitely not my internet either
    Options
  • gimarwb17_ESO
    gimarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My lag issues are so bad that it has made the game unplayable for me. Here I pay for early access and am stuck with not being able to play. It jerks and freezes and sometimes I cannot open doors even though others can get through door and I need to relog for it to then work for me.

I have given up on the game for now
    It is just too painful to play like this!

And if the server cannot handle the peaps in early access, how will it handle the masses when game goes live????
    Maybe to have only ONE server for the whole world is not a good idea, nobody else has done that before as far as I know!
    Edited by gimarwb17_ESO on March 31, 2014 5:16AM
    Options