Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Event Rewards - Can someone explains this to me?

Dangranma_Burgrukgad
Dangranma_Burgrukgad
✭✭✭✭
Someone at ZoS thought it would be a brilliant idea to give some of the rewards a differend ID, now I endend up with this:
7P05ViQ.jpg
What I am supposed to do with those 4 different linen?
I can't sell them cause they are bound.
I can't use them cause I have almost 3k in the crafting bag and those are used first
So what I am supposed to do, leave them there for some years?

[snip]
[edited for bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 9, 2022 4:53PM
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrLasagna wrote: »
    Someone at ZoS thought it would be a brilliant idea to give some of the rewards a differend ID, now I endend up with this:
    7P05ViQ.jpg
    What I am supposed to do with those 4 different linen?
    I can't sell them cause they are bound.
    I can't use them cause I have almost 3k in the crafting bag and those are used first
    So what I am supposed to do, leave them there for some years?

[snip]

It's simple and you already answered yourself - because they are bound so they have to have a different ID. If you are asking WHY are they even bound tho!? I can agree with that lol. I have 3 stacks of gear repairs in my bank from daily logins because for some reason they all have different ID's - makes no sense at all.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 9, 2022 4:09PM
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paulytnz wrote: »
    It's simple and you already answered yourself - because they are bound so they have to have a different ID. If you are asking WHY are they even bound tho!? I can agree with that lol. I have 3 stacks of gear repairs in my bank from daily logins because for some reason they all have different ID's - makes no sense at all.

Repairs, soul gems... at least you can choose to use the character bound and account bound ones first.

But when you get these that won't stack and won't be used until everything else has gone... seeing them there staring back at me annoys me so much I end up deleting them. I'd rather not have been given them in the first place.

• Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's simple and you already answered yourself - because they are bound so they have to have a different ID. If you are asking WHY are they even bound tho!? I can agree with that lol.

Ok ,so they don't have thought this through, it makes sense that for example the stations are bound, but instead of evaluating every sinlge thing in the container thay choose the quickest way and just bound everything.
    So now the only if can do is to destroy them. Not a big deal, just annoying.

• jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe remove the normal linings to your character, log into another character and try to upgrade a weapon to get rid of them?
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Maybe remove the normal linings to your character, log into another character and try to upgrade a weapon to get rid of them?

You can’t log in to a character that doesn’t have the craft bag.

The problem here is that the bound ones are not being used first. If that happened, it would not be an issue. We need a “bound items first” option that applies in general.
  • Meiox
    Meiox
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

The problem here is that the bound ones are not being used first. If that happened, it would not be an issue. We need a “bound items first” option that applies in general.

But you can put all from the crafting bag into the inventory of a different character, and put them back into the crafting bag, after you used the bound ones
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably a new ZoS idea to make you use more bag space as an incentive to buy ESO+ I wouldn't put it past them.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meiox wrote: »

But you can put all from the crafting bag into the inventory of a different character, and put them back into the crafting bag, after you used the bound ones

That doesn't work if they don't have ESO+ any more.
    If you fill your crafting bag while having ESO+ and then unsubscribe, the items stay in your bag but don't get re-filled; any new stuff lands in your inventory. Pulling items out of the bag pulls them out permanently (at least until the next free ESO+ event), you can't put them back.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got different mat rewards and they are NOT bound and behave normally, so I suspect that the Elegant Lining item being bound is a mistake...
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (...) WHY are they even bound tho!? (...)
    Rewards should be bounded to account not to char. Clearly someone didn't give enough thought about this.

From the previous event I have riding lessons bounded to chars with riding maxed - therefore, the books for riding lessons are useless and since I can't even use them on a new char I will destroy them all.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (..) The problem here is that the bound ones are not being used first. (...)
    By default, items in the craft bag are always used first (if there any in there).
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it has a different ID so that it takes up an additional slot in your inventory or bank, "encouraging" you to buy eso+ for the craftbag. Some other mats do the same, so it is taking up valuable space.

I don't like to use the term "junk" for rewards, but yes, it is. I destroy it on my second account without eso+. A bad joke it is, not a reward.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on October 9, 2022 2:43PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@MrLasagna

This is an easy solution and is better than destroying them.

• markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I got different mat rewards and they are NOT bound and behave normally, so I suspect that the Elegant Lining item being bound is a mistake...

In my bank using 2 slots, as bound:
    elegant lining
    grain solvent
    zircon plating
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destroy them. You obviously don't need them.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

@MrLasagna

This is an easy solution and is better than destroying them.

I dont have ESO+ anymore, dont want to pull 3k mats from bag to normal inventory
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Destroy them. You obviously don't need them.

I ended up with selling them and now I am 48 Gold richer.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Take your unbound stacks and put them in your guild store for like 10k gold or something use the bound ones and then pull your unbound.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this too, I've got small duplicate stacks of some materials even though the first one isn't a full stack yet.

It's not a problem for me, I've got enough space to keep both and I assume at some point I'll use them or I'll get ESO+ and they'll be pulled into the crafting bag, but it confused me when I first saw it and it's kind of annoying that they don't stack.

I suppose ZOS was worried that if the materials from the event were tradable most players would sell them and the price would crash, but I suspect if they had gone into the same stacks many players wouldn't have thought about them at all. As it is I've seen several people in my guilds recommending selling the unbound ones so you only have 1 stack to deal with.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"