Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Whats your favorite Race and why?

• Louis
    Louis
    ✭✭✭
    Im for Elves universally!
    i am using a High Elf at the moment though i love the Veteran Armor for Wood Elves
    alot of people look at this signature, i guess youre one of them.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love that at this point in history, under the leadership of Queen Ayrenn, the elves are trying to be something more than close-minded racists.
    Some of them. There's still quite the entrenched group of hard-core supremacists (hence the various storylines trying to get rid of the Queen)

• SinBad
    SinBad
    ✭✭✭
    i like turtles...i mean Argonians, they made them look extremely well in this game, i wasn't a fan of them in previous Elder scrolls games till this one.
    Myrmidons, my brothers of the sword. I'd rather fight beside you than any army of thousands. Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting, beyond that beach? Immortality!Take it, it's yours!
  • yoshimagit
    yoshimagit
    Soul Shriven
    GenNyan wrote: »
    Khajiit. Why be a mere human when you can be something that you aren't in real life? Isn't that the whole point of video games?

what if i am really a cat person though...
  • yoshimagit
    yoshimagit
    Soul Shriven
    Wow, I'm very surprised the amount of people saying that they love the Khajiit. I am pleased that the forums have sorta taken off a bit more. And I also hope you all enjoy playing the game that we have all know and loved and grown up with in some way or another lol.
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer, I love their lore.

Exactly :)

Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • NytLite
    NytLite
    Nobody seems to like orcs </3 Theyre my personal favorite. Perhaps not for their looks, but I love their lore and heavily honor based societies.
    Edited by NytLite on April 1, 2014 6:25AM
    A sharpened tongue cuts deeper than any sword.
  • Kvass
    Kvass
    Soul Shriven
    My favourite races are Orcs, Nords and the Bosmer!

I played as a Nord and/or Orc through most earlier TES-games, but this time I'm playing as a Bosmer. I fell in love with the antlers.. to be honest. I like the animalistic look of them, they're so adorable!
    Kvass Dorn'ke
    Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer, for the sneaky archery bonus on my ranged assassin :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • shigoknight
    against all odds, argonian in the daggerfall covenant XD
  • PoisonHorse
    Argonian because shut up! and dinosaurs and science
  • Dinobot
    Dinobot
    ✭✭
    Argonian, I've always liked the way they looked.
  • RipVanWinkleX
    NytLite wrote: »
    Nobody seems to like orcs </3 Theyre my personal favorite. Perhaps not for their looks, but I love their lore and heavily honor based societies.

Orcs are the most honorable race there is in Elder Scrolls, they were betrayed twice trying to be a recognized independent province. I am glad they got the respect they needed in Morrowind and after the whole Dragon Break incident.
  • ursacorb14_ESO
    [img]file:///C:/Users/Ursacor/Desktop/All%20to%202nd%20Screen/phantasmal-bear.jpg[/img]
    yoshimagit wrote: »
    I figure getting a few actually discussions going in this forum would be a good thing so here goes--like the title says " Whats your favorite race and why?"

I think my picture speaks for itself the rare yet elusive me

A Bear is a terrible thing to tick off, especially when he is trying to be helpful
  • ursacorb14_ESO
    I figure getting a few actually discussions going in this forum would be a good thing so here goes--like the title says " Whats your favorite race and why?"

I think my picture speaks for itself the rare yet elusive me

[/quote]
    oh well messed up on the picture but I will get you yoshi and your mario too
    A Bear is a terrible thing to tick off, especially when he is trying to be helpful
  • svedric
    svedric
    Dwarves! But since TESO has none of them... Orcs
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one plays kitten because this one likes kittens
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer for life. I like their lore, I like playing sneaky archers, what more do I need? Oddly enough, my main isn't sneaky at all. It's fun to break the mold sometimes.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love everything about the Khajiit - their lore and culture, their speech, and their sneakyness. It also helps that I love cats I guess.

I also like the Orc lore and personality but I roleplay Khajiit better so all my chars are Khajiit in every ES game...
    PC-EU
  • Metella
    Metella
    ✭✭
    Generally speaking, I like playing as a Dunmer in the single player TES games - mainly played Skyrim but also some Morrowind and Oblivion. I've got a Dunmer character made (wanted to make sure I got my Skyrim main's name...) but haven't played her yet as I've been really enjoying my Orc - tried playing an Orc in Skyrim a few times but (ridiculous reasoning ahead) I find the Orc PC voice really irritating enough that I've never stuck with it for long, which is a shame as I like how the Orc NPCs talk (and, you know, aside from that I like playing as an Orc). I think both races are pretty fascinating, lore wise, and I think there are lots of cool RP ideas for both.

Generally speaking, I prefer the Mer (including Orsi-) to the human and beast races, I think, but I actually like pretty much all of them - there's a couple of races I've never played as, but what I know of them lore/NPCs wise they still seem interesting. Favourite 'human' race is probably Bretons, partly because I'm interested in real-world Celts (did a year of Welsh at university...) and it's quite interesting to see how elements of that have been tied into a race of half-Elves. (Although I do get a bit annoyed by the fact that they've used Irish type names mixed in with the French ones, when there are plenty of actual Breton names or at the very least Welsh ones would make more sense.)
    Edited by Metella on April 4, 2014 11:50AM
  • Tasmotu
    Tasmotu
    Currently I'm playing an Imperial as I want to get into PvP quite a bit. But not because of the skills or even look, merely because the PvP plays off in Cyrodiil. In Morrowind I played a Dunmer, in Oblivion I played an Imperial and in Skyrim I played a Nord.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I love them all.

My top are probably Argonians and Dunmer though, if I had to choose. Both have so much flavor in their beliefs, attitudes, and history.

ZOS did a PHENOMENAL job on the Argonian dialogue. It suits them so perfectly, really. You get the impression you're speaking to someone who sees the world through the eyes of nature. It's very alien to our human way of thinking. Dark elves on the other hand are extremely regimented and hard-headed, with that underlying respect to their ancestors. It's very fun all around.

I chose Imperial simply because I could have black lipstick and pale skin TBH. Imperials are the least engaging to me from a lore standpoint. They remind me of Rome in too many ways.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 4, 2014 1:34PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Medicius
    Medicius
    Imperial because of the Luck of the Iris....er...Imperials. Plus, I like the red diamond class skill as a SnB fighter.
  • marty83
    marty83
    ✭✭
    Played redguard a lot in the other es games. But loved my khajiit in skyrim and that's what I'm rolling with in eso liking it so far.
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    From a lore and style stand point, Imperial all the way. The world is theirs.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc. Been playing as an Orc since Morrowind, No idea how they became my favourite race, just kinda happened.
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    The Nords. They all sound Swedish.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • xxMemphis
    xxMemphis
    Bretons....I like the balance, but I may go Nord...if the game ever finishes the download
    Sevin=v14 Breton Templar
    PSN=xxMemphis
  • Fahstolph
    Fahstolph
    ✭✭
    Dragonetti wrote: »
    I'm also enjoying Wood Elf due to the bonuses, but otherwise I'm not a fan of elfish poncyness and would much prefer to be an Orc :)

"poncyness"? Do Orcs eat people? ;)

One does not simply get EXP in Cyrodiil.
    -Boromir of Gondor3
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    WHATS YOUR FAVORITE RACE AND WHY?
    This is the first Fantasy MMO I have ever played where I have no desire to be an elf. Which is weird. But ESO finally managed to do the impossible...they made playing a Human be appealing.

I have never really liked beastfolk races in games, and would prefer that they were not there at all. But at least they are rendered realistically (as opposed to cartoony or Anime-ish)
    Edited by SadisticSavior on April 4, 2014 7:23PM