Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Whats your favorite Race and why?

yoshimagit
yoshimagit
Soul Shriven
I figure getting a few actually discussions going in this forum would be a good thing so here goes--like the title says " Whats your favorite race and why?"
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the passives, altmer because I use the elemental talent for my sorc.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • skylinedive
    Dunmer, I love their lore.
  • yoshimagit
    yoshimagit
    Soul Shriven
    I use alot of Stamina stuff so i went with Imperial... dont look at me that way...it's my game and i can choose whomever i want hehe
    But when I decide to run my Sorc im not sure who i want to use yet
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yoshimagit wrote: »
    I use alot of Stamina stuff so i went with Imperial... dont look at me that way...it's my game and i can choose whomever i want hehe

I don't think anyone is going to judge you on your choices, as many people will think the got it wrong anyway. Pssttt... I'll tell you a secret, there is no wrong.

And if anyone does judge you on being an Imperial, you can say you chose that race because shut up!

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im mostly a Nord player. Although I will be creating a Dunmer Nightblade and Imperial Templar.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • DualBullseye25
    I enjoy the Wood Elf mostly because of the increase with archery as I am a big fan of long range archery.
  • Dragonetti
    I'm also enjoying Wood Elf due to the bonuses, but otherwise I'm not a fan of elfish poncyness and would much prefer to be an Orc :)
    “Never let your sense of morals stand in the way of doing what's right”
  • SpieleNerd
    I just loooove Khajiit, the Two Moons and the Moonsugar!
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing a Khajiit nightblade since the beta. I've enjoyed it.
  • Moonbeast32
    Argonian, because them, and Khajiit much easier to discern among a crowd of humans and elves. Also I hate cats.
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    I like Bretons the most. Can't explain why o_o

But I will never play a Khajiit or an Argonian because anthropomorphic animal characters always remind me of furries(thank you, dear internet!) ô_ô And I don't like Orcs.

The other races are not bad...but...they don't interest me that much at the moment. Maybe in the future I will make another character :)
    ~ ♥ ~
  • FelixDeAssassini
    I love Bosmer, always had a thing for wood elves I love any kind of elves but the bomber hands down
  • chimichi
    chimichi
    khajiit nightbade with restostaff. i love it :smiley:
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorites are...
    Altmer, Orsimer, Nord
    If I had to choose only one it would be Altmer.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Entropy
    Entropy
    ✭✭✭
    Nords, I love everything about them, but especially their spirit, whether about ale-drinking or bashing people's heads in! :)
  • Vilified
    Vilified
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure I ever had a favorite race in ES but lately I've been leaning towards Bosmer, Dunmer and Bretons. Then again I adore the Khajiit cause of their mannerisms and hearing "This one <insert sentence here>" never got old for me.
    Ayita of the Dominion
  • DeathTrap
    DeathTrap
    ✭✭
    Argonian. I love their look. Sadly, most of my characters aren't Argonian - I dislike the Argonian racials and am nervous about helmets with that elongated head. So I usually go with my second favorite - Dunmer (for the lore and look).
    Cake is a lie. Pie is truth. Cookies are uncertainty. Muffins are the minions of a false God.
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    Nord represent!

I love the norse-germanic stylings of them, and the culture of honor and family.

In real life, I'm an Asatruar, or norse pagan, and it's nice to be able to let go of the modern world and just kill things while pretending to be a berserker for a while.
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    Kajit are my favorite lore wise. I love their speech patterns. The Argonians are fun to play because I believe they have the best racial ability in ESO.
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • GenNyan
    GenNyan
    Khajiit. Why be a mere human when you can be something that you aren't in real life? Isn't that the whole point of video games?
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LIZZZAAARRRRRDDDD!!! LIZARD LIZARD LIZARD!!...

Ironically, my main is a Breton - but, I *love* lizard, snake reptile and amphibian people - not enough games have them. I like my characters to either be human, or as NON-HUMAN as I can make them - demi-humans bug the crap outta me in general...

sadly, the best racial ability for Argonians doesn't apply in a game that doesn't have any underwater movement...
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭
    The argonian racial just got a stamina buff actually. I personally love redguard!
  • hrdndv_ESO
    hrdndv_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This one thinks playing Khajit might be useful for stealing things and assassination. This one has been cat before. This one likes cats... prrrrrr.
  • Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭
    I'm more of a dog person myself, also this one hates you =)
    Edited by Varko on March 31, 2014 11:54PM
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    hrdndv_ESO wrote: »
    This one thinks playing Khajit might be useful for stealing things and assassination.
    This is true; khajiit like to sneak.

Except tanky khajiit in full plate. Cathay-raht, rather than Suthay-raht.
  • Hellbane
    Hellbane
    GenNyan wrote: »
    Khajiit. Why be a mere human when you can be something that you aren't in real life? Isn't that the whole point of video games?

No, the point is to have fun. :)
    Captain Hellbane of the Dominion at your service.
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    I love the look of Argonians and their ability to swim so fast (was my main in beta, would be my main now if I was playing for Ebonheart Pact) and the lore of Khajiits (can't play them because of the strange animation of their tails, does not suit cats imho).

For the main I am still choosing between Breton and Altmer solely because of their racials. Sadly, I have no personal attachment to either of these races.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, bipedal khajiit will have different tail movements than their quadrupedal kin. (And I still love M'aiq's subtle commentary how they went from digitigrade to plantigrade between Oblivion and Skyrim...)
  • mithrendiel
    mithrendiel
    ✭✭
    I have always been a huge fan of the Bretons. In addition to having stats that are good for casters (which I always play in Elder Scrolls Games), I also love their lore. They are a bastardized mix of high elf and 1st era men, from the days when men were kept as slaves to the elves. From that union sprung the Bretons, weaker than their human stock physically, and not as strong as elves magically. They didn't fit into either worlds, so they had to make their own way. There are just so many RP opportunities there.

That being said, my main in ESO is a High Elf. This is the first Elder Scrolls game where I could tolerate the look of the elves, so I'm thrilled to finally be playing one. Their lore is less interesting to me than the Bretons', but I love that at this point in history, under the leadership of Queen Ayrenn, the elves are trying to be something more than close-minded racists.
  • moXrox
    moXrox
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit - because its not a kind of boring human race
    Music Channel:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCQHvIypA0v70w4uu_ej8wyg/featured
    Tolkien Fantasy Music, Medieval, Pagan & Nordic Music Style