The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragon Tears - RP Guild - US Server

• Braddass
    Braddass
    ✭✭✭
    Looked for you but did not see you on. Will try again tomorrow.
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quick question - you mentioned RP'ing through an instance - how exactly are you doing that?

what I mean is, what tools are you using in-game to converse and emote? Are you using just the /say channel to converse, or are you using a ui-mod? you guys hooking up with voice over a 3rd party voip like TS or Steamchat or whatnot? Are you just ignoring other passerby that wander through, or trying to include them? or was it a private instance?

those kinda questions - I've RP'd instances in a variety of games, and the methodology changes depending on what tools are available, and how you choose to balance beating the instance with role-playing your characters or even running a particular RP storyline USING the instance (which I've done, and is tremendously fun, but it also very, very time-consuming :)) So I'm curious to know how you guys were doing it...

Also, I'm a very slow, methodical leveler. My main is 8 right now, and just stepped off the boat in Glenumbra. I'd love to team up with people for a variety of activities, but I'm not at all interested in being power leveled - I'm quite happy with the level progression so far, and I'd like to keep it at about this pace for awhile. maybe once I clear all the content with my main, I'll push some of my alts faster...but for now, I'm taking my time.
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • matthew.edwardsrwb17_ESO
    Hi Raizen, i got your friend request and also requested Tarie's friendship. Though tonight im simply to tired to play :( Ill also be moving house this weekend. So not going to be on heaps immediately but want to get in on the ground floor nevertheless .

Have fun and hope to see you in game as soon as i can.
  • Braddass
    Braddass
    ✭✭✭
    phermitgb wrote: »
    Also, I'm a very slow, methodical leveler. My main is 8 right now, and just stepped off the boat in Glenumbra. I'd love to team up with people for a variety of activities, but I'm not at all interested in being power leveled - I'm quite happy with the level progression so far, and I'd like to keep it at about this pace for awhile. maybe once I clear all the content with my main, I'll push some of my alts faster...but for now, I'm taking my time.

I generally play a healer, or healer hybrid, so I tend to level slowly as well. I like to go through everything pretty methodically also. I got to level 5, then decided I wanted to start over and change things, so I am so I am back to level 5 right now with my Restoration Staff Nightblade.
    Edited by Braddass on April 3, 2014 12:42PM
  • scambo
    scambo
    Hey I'm new to the whole guild thing. I'm looking to join a good guild that will be able to show me the ropes and what not. kinda wanna get into my first serious MMO. I cant say that I have RP'd but i am more then willing to learn. I learn fairly quickly. I wanna learn how to do raids and PVP and all the stuff included in being in a guild. I currently have a LV 12 sorcerer. I'm am very interested in learning the guild life
    i forgot an r in my name its supposes to be scrambo
  • Nor
    Nor
    Would be happy to join, have been looking through the forums and the ungodly amount of zone guild spam for an RP guild. I understand its not a hardcore RP guild but it has all the right components to make me interested. Once the servers come back up I'll be online @Nor628. I think I'd make a great addition to your guild. :smiley: Currently playing a level 23 Khajiit Restoration Staff/Bow Templar.
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as I get back in game I will look for you guys. Thank you for the interest!
    A Dragon's Tear has many mystical qualities...
    dragontears.boards.net
  • Krello
    Krello
    @Rastafariel
    completed DL, played a little,died a little before server rest

lets rock

Edited by Krello on April 3, 2014 6:58PM
    Beer 30, your never late
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Raizen, i got your friend request and also requested Tarie's friendship. Though tonight im simply to tired to play :( Ill also be moving house this weekend. So not going to be on heaps immediately but want to get in on the ground floor nevertheless .

Have fun and hope to see you in game as soon as i can.

Hey Matthew...

Whats your handle? I will look for you in game. or friend me @Rastafariel.
    dragontears.boards.net
  • sheldonhh
    sheldonhh
    Soul Shriven
    Hi Rastafariel,

of the various guilds advertising, your post/ad/etc caught my eye. I'm an old school gamer (I remember when it was Chainmail, but if you ask my age, I'll deny it...lol). My primary is a Breton Sorceror that I'm taking my time with. If you are still accepting applications, let me know what you need from me. My handle, I believe, is @sheldonhh and the Character is Ravyrn (I'm fairly certain, but servers are currently down so can't double check.)

Thanks for the opportunity.

Sheldon/Ravyrn
  • NytLite
    NytLite
    Just wanted to stop by to add in a little reassurance for anybody still unsure of joining due to past experiences, shyness, etc. I joined up about a day after the guild was created, and was immediately welcomed with open arms. Ras was happy to dive right into rp with me, and after a mere two or three days of RP, I have met many of the other guild members, both OOC and IC. We have carried out a very successful Spindlerun laced with RP so far, and plan to do many more dungeons in the same fashion. A great group of guys n' gals to get to know! Keep up the good work, Ras.
    A sharpened tongue cuts deeper than any sword.
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the kind words Nytlite! I shall always endeavor to live up to them! In part it is easy because that is the type of character Ras is anyway... always joking and jovial, and lets face it, a bit of a charmer! ;-)

@sheldonhh‌

I will attempt to contact you in game (as soon as the server gets up!) I, too, remember Chainmail, although I never played. Started with Basic & 1st Ed. AD&D. Sounds like you are a perfect fit!
    dragontears.boards.net
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    Updated Guild Contacts are: @NytLite, @Tarie, @Rastafariel
    This has already been reflected in the Guild Charter.
    Edited by Rastafariel on April 3, 2014 9:00PM
    dragontears.boards.net
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Guys -

I noticed Ebonheart Pact RPers are sponsoring a get together in the Tavern on launch night.... I'm wondering if Dragon Tears Guild should sponsor one for Daggerfall Covenant on launch night or maybe even better, on the first Saturday night after launch (in 2 days +/-)

What are your thoughts? We would need 2 or 3 people from the Dragon Tears willing to be there and converse with people as they show up methinks.

Ras.
    dragontears.boards.net
  • NytLite
    NytLite
    I am 100% willing, but I will be unavailable from 9:30am to about 5:00pm PST on Saturday. If there is a different day that we can do it, or if you would be okay with starting any time after that I am happy to help out.
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    Its likely not going to pick up until 5pm EST anyway, which is 8pm PST? I think we can do it... but if we get bored of RP in town or whatever, we can just have a mass march or instrumental display or split into small groups or disband...

Thats a lot of contingencies.
    dragontears.boards.net
  • stephen_ESO5
    Hi. Also an "old time" gamer here. Have been in various RP guilds over the years in different MMO's (EQ, WOW, LOTRO, EVE, WH)

Usually I take my time leveling. I'm a lore hound. And have played every TES game to death (and wrote various mods for Skyrim). I read everything.

I do enjoy PVP a lot. And my choice of avatar reflects that (assassin/shadow Nightblade) - I suppose what I'm looking for is a group of players to enjoy the RP drama, and kill together. Obviously running dungeons is part of the deal. I mean we all hate pugs. ;)

if you don't mind, I'll keep a look out for the players you mentioned above. Though I'm still figuring out exactly how to keep a lookout for players. No name tags does make it unusual. I don't mind an RP interview if you want. Though my avatars story isn't fleshed out yet.

Account: @‌elrofrost

Thanks.
  • Haxer
    Haxer
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

I'm a RP rookie, but I think it could be awesome, and this sounds like the perfect group to try it out with. I'd love to join. I'll reach out to Rasta in game for invite.

Can't wait to see you guys out there!
    www.dragontears.boards.net
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    Hi. Also an "old time" gamer here. Have been in various RP guilds over the years in different MMO's (EQ, WOW, LOTRO, EVE, WH)

Usually I take my time leveling. I'm a lore hound. And have played every TES game to death (and wrote various mods for Skyrim). I read everything.

I do enjoy PVP a lot. And my choice of avatar reflects that (assassin/shadow Nightblade) - I suppose what I'm looking for is a group of players to enjoy the RP drama, and kill together. Obviously running dungeons is part of the deal. I mean we all hate pugs. ;)

if you don't mind, I'll keep a look out for the players you mentioned above. Though I'm still figuring out exactly how to keep a lookout for players. No name tags does make it unusual. I don't mind an RP interview if you want. Though my avatars story isn't fleshed out yet.

Account: @‌elrofrost

Thanks.

Just friend @Rastafariel or @Nytlite and will get you in game!

dragontears.boards.net
  • NytLite
    NytLite
    Hey Stephen, an RP interview sounds pretty cool, but let me just be clear that there are really no requirements to get in other than don't be a jerk :P that said, Ill be on most of today, I can add you and meet up to do a bit of an interview if you would like.
  • Alisis
    Alisis
    This is really a great group of fun people :) I've played with them RPing a few times and it is always entertaining, fun, and often hilarious! *Just don't trust those orcs...just saying'* It is a great guild!

-Alisis
    Edited by Alisis on April 4, 2014 3:06PM
  • NytLite
    NytLite
    Kneon wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm a RP rookie, but I think it could be awesome, and this sounds like the perfect group to try it out with. I'd love to join. I'll reach out to Rasta in game for invite.

Can't wait to see you guys out there!

Hey Kneon, what is your handle, so I can add you in game? I'd be happy to get you in to the guild and on your feet.
  • Haxer
    Haxer
    ✭✭✭
    NytLite wrote: »

Hey Kneon, what is your handle, so I can add you in game? I'd be happy to get you in to the guild and on your feet.

@Haxer but I won't be on for a few more hours
    www.dragontears.boards.net
  • NytLite
    NytLite
    Alright, Ill try to get a hold of you then.
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    If you are a jerk we just boot you later! Ahem. No, actually we have a really great group of people so far!
    dragontears.boards.net
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    To elaborate on what Alisis said:

We have a dysfunctional small RP group with no "appointed leader" currently made up of a dunmer, 2 altmers, a breton and 2 orcs... now you TRY to get that group to agree on ANYTHING!
    Edited by Rastafariel on April 4, 2014 8:42PM
    dragontears.boards.net
  • IrishRonD
    IrishRonD
    ✭✭✭
    This group sounds interesting. I normally shy away from guilds and such, but this group peaked my interest.

I have an Orc, B'gork gro-M'gork, level 10ish right now. Yes, he is a big orc, and he loves to pick flowers. Dragonknights can pick flowers, right? Loves to cook and craft up some armor and weapons. While he does like to group up and explore, he also likes his alone time to take a leisurely swim, or mine some ore, or just pick flowers :smiley:

Me, well, mid-40's, played D&D and other RPG's from about '79 to early 90's, life took over, flight sims, racing sims, FPS's, then I discovered Oblivion and been in love with ES ever since. Tried to get into MMO's, but nothing ever held my attention for longer than a week or two. I was in the ESO Beta from November of last year. Weekdays, I may have an hour or so, but weekends I should have more time.
  • King_Merrygold
    joined!
  • NytLite
    NytLite
    Irish, what's your handle in game? I'll add you to the guild when I get the chance!

Also, our meet and greet night was a massive success! Thank you to anybody who decided to pay a visit, and we hope to RP with you all again soon. Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • IrishRonD
    IrishRonD
    ✭✭✭
    @NytLite Handle is IrishRonD, toon is B'gork gro-M'gork

Thanks