The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC EU Hardware Update – August 2022

• Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jazraena wrote: »
    No, we're talking about hyperbolic statements about performance issues.

No matter if someone's world is seemingly ending because he can't play on patch day, such outages are largely insignificant to a company as long as the servers otherwise run mostly smooth. It's not going to drive decisions, because overall, it is working. The singular continuous exception to this is Cyrodiil which they did analyze, deducted that hardware upgrades would be insufficient, and eventually decided to take the far weighter decision to rewrite the server side code. Forum Outrage?

Don't kid yourself. There is always some sort of forum outrage, most of it pointless, and thus no matter what you, I or anyone else think about a given topic, the forum outrage alone will also not drive ZOS' decisions; least if all while their internal metrics still show their servers having a 99.5% uptime.

Hahahahahahaha, servers run mostly smooth, best joke of the year. hahahahaha.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jammy420 wrote: »
    Any news on this? Server performance is at an all time low. I cant even leap with my werewolf anymore without lag across all content.

Firor mentioned both the hardware update and the multi-thread server software update in his year end letter. Pinned here on the forum with link to actual letter.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 18, 2022 1:20PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Any news on this? Server performance is at an all time low. I cant even leap with my werewolf anymore without lag across all content.

Firor mentioned both the hardware update and the multi-thread server software update in his year end letter. Pinned here on the forum with link to actual letter.

Ill believe it when I see it. They have had numerous performance updates in the past. I do hope so though, because the performance level is so bad its at the earths core.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Ill believe it when I see it. They have had numerous performance updates in the past. I do hope so though, because the performance level is so bad its at the earths core.

The hardware update will, at the very least, reduce the instance of hardware failure. Whether there will be any performance improvements from either of those activities... waiting will tell.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Arthur_Spoonfondle
    Arthur_Spoonfondle
    ✭✭✭✭
    One hell of a lot of moaning here, from people who, presumably, can't understand that this hardware update, is not like updating your home PC...
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One hell of a lot of moaning here, from people who, presumably, can't understand that this hardware update, is not like updating your home PC...

Exactly. The hardware update should be done by professionals. Paid by millions of customers. With a billion dollar company organizing and planning everything.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now that we are well under way on our server hardware upgrade project, it's time for an update. Most of you reading this know that we successfully replaced the PC North American megaserver's hardware back in May, and we have been hard at work planning, ordering, and preparing for the PC European server upgrade.

The last time we gave you an update, I mentioned that timelines to order, prepare, and configure this amount of hardware would take many months, and unfortunately those timelines have only gotten longer. Even though we ordered the hardware for PC EU long ago, we still are waiting for some critical parts, some of which are foundational to the whole service.

To be completely transparent, it will take about ten more weeks before all the pieces are delivered. Then the process of building and testing begins, which takes weeks longer. Based on what we know today, we anticipate everything being updated, tested, and running the live version of the game around March 2023. We expect the hardware upgrade for the console servers to be sometime soon after that.

I know this probably isn't the news you all wanted to hear - we are in the same boat. We all want this process to be faster than it is possible to be. We will continue to do this absolutely as quickly as we can, as soon as we can.

We'll check in towards the end of the year with an update and a firmer date. Until then, thanks for the patience.

Matt,

it is December now, in 3 weeks the holiday season starts and i guess nobody will care about writing an update then. So do you have any updated timeframes or at least some meaningful update on the situation?

@ZOS_MattFiror

Regards,

Tom

they said they will be up by March 2023

It's not yet March 2023 yet

Am I missing something?
    Edited by WiseSky on January 3, 2023 2:57AM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lebkuchen wrote: »

Exactly. The hardware update should be done by professionals. Paid by millions of customers. With a billion dollar company organizing and planning everything.

trillion* dollar company
    Edited by WiseSky on January 3, 2023 2:59AM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone still here? We are at the end of March. Here's hoping there are no more delays.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is it will be glossed over for another few months. And if it's ready, why has there been no heads up? Again the silence is causing anxiety and ill feeling.

"Based on what we know today, we anticipate everything being updated, tested, and running the live version of the game around March 2023. We expect the hardware upgrade for the console servers to be sometime after that."" - Matt Firor
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    Anyone still here? We are at the end of March. Here's hoping there are no more delays.
    I’d like to give everyone an update on the server hardware refresh, where we are completely replacing hardware in our North American and European datacenters. If you remember, I gave an update late last year with a timeline for our European datacenter refresh. Now that we are starting the work in earnest, I have a few updates to share.
    • We are running 1 or 2 weeks behind schedule because of shipping slowdowns. This is entirely out of our control and I apologize for it. This two week delay puts the refresh right on top of our March launch of Update 37, which for obvious reasons we don’t want to schedule simultaneously. So the new date for PC EU getting new hardware will be in early April, and PlayStation EU should follow very shortly after. In order to begin prepping for this work, we’re scheduling a maintenance on all EU realms that will occur on February 7.
      [...]

Sadly one more delay - gonna be (hopefully) early April.
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer