The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Additional Combat Changes for Update 35

• Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • anvilbert
    anvilbert
    ✭✭✭
    I believe ESO has become ZOS lab rat for their new mmos in development. When those are ready to launch, good bye ESO. I have been reading that they have at least one new game engine that has been in the works for a couple of yrs now. I definitely would not buy it simply because of the way this one has been handled.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what? I'm just going to quit worrying about my build. It's just gonna be bad because I'm sick of trying to keep up with all this random nonsense.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fell like the point has been missed completely
    PvE should favor variety of damage, class balance, accessibility to end game content
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    I've said it before, but Update 35, even in its last week of PTS, is going to cause the end game scene to haemorrhage. I've spoken to a number of people from some of the highest end groups who are preparing to make the move to WoW or FFXIV. It's already hard for end game raiding groups to raid regularly. One group I joined a while back hasn't raided now for a couple months. Another stopped doing trifecta runs a few months ago as well, due to lack of available bodies to attend.

If the core idea of Update 35 is the raise end game to the ground and start over, then it's perfect. If you want a raiding community after the patch which is capable of clearing the newer trials' hard modes, then you need to address these trials and stop ignoring the feedback for specific content (especially the feedback given during their PTS cycles).

A few final notes:
    • Taleria's damage on hard mode (Maelstrom, Wound, Matron's Frost Bolt, etc.) needs to be reduced by around 10% and health should be reduced to under 170M.
    • Xalvakka's health on hard mode needs to be reduced to under 200M and increase the duration you have on each stage.
    • Not enough has been done to address or mitigate the healing loss despite questions being asked fairly frequently, ZOS has seemingly focused more on the DPS side of the game as usual. We get it, HPS values is absurd. 80% of HPS in this game is counted as overheal. But most ground based heals are capped to 6 people, which means that someone (i.e. the tank) who should get heals might not; further made worse by the fact that you increased the gap in ticks for some heals while leaving others at 1 second, but from what I can see things like Ring of Preservation now no longer tick for under 1 second, though there are a few enemy sourced attacks which tick at intervals lower than 1 second. Please make all enemy sourced abilities tick a minimum frequency of 1 second.

To re-address some of my original commentary:
    • Whoever did the parses at ZOS and said the DPS decrease "overall" would be between 6-11% wasn't truthful or had results presumably skewed by the changes to the raid dummy. Even comparing the inaccurate raid dummy it's still at minimum 11% and generally around 14% with tweaks to what we're using on Live (ignoring the restoration heavy attack 10 second parses we saw posted to Discord). Reducing boss, champion, and bannermen health by (broadly speaking) 10% still isn't enough to outweigh the discrepancy.
    • The trial dummy shouldn't have been given the added buffs and debuffs going into a patch with fundamentally game-altering DPS changes as the difference in DPS has been skewed, which also had conspiracy theorists shouting from the rooftops that you were fully aware of how this would be perceived and you did it anyway (and then you added EC as well). Please learn from this.

The fallout has been significant, and its sad how the ceiling has been raised to an emotional state of dissatisfaction for most players
    Edited by marius_buys on August 24, 2022 1:16AM
  • lathemonkey69
    lathemonkey69
    Soul Shriven
    so is resto now a net-negative on dmg compared to live? i know it got a few buffs but a 27% dmg nerf again seems very heavy handed, it only had its dmg buffed by like 9% (which was huge compared to many other heavies which got nerfed by that same amount)

from this patch it still seems like zos just doesnt like a lot of things:
    • healers (in general)
    • NB tanks
    • stam sorcs
    • wardens (in general)
    • sticky dots
    • DKs (due to sticky dots nerfs)

and im sure that list could go on lol

You forgot [*] ZoS’ paying customers from the list of things they don’t like.

don't forget templars!
  • lathemonkey69
    lathemonkey69
    Soul Shriven
    just blown away that the devs think that this was the right direction to take this game... took me a year to finally figure out how to be decent in pvp and be able to do HM content have a decent parse's .....i feel like im starting from scratch again.... garbage patch. its so hard not to call the devs every name in the book.
  • Mudslinger
    Mudslinger
    ✭✭
    I have played ESO from Beta's , Never have I once stopped or suspended my account , I started Stam Warden as my main when they came out now with hybrid and update 35 Stam Warden is NOT worth playing , in fact it may be the worst class in the game now to play , none of the animal companion line can be used to do worth while damage stamina versions !
    Cutting dive bleed should stack up as before maybe just set a max number of stacks 3/5/8 or an % increase to damage per stack up to 3 stacks , or just revert it back to before update 35 .
    I have removed my sub after 8 plus years of PAYING a sub , I was looking forward to playin the next 8 years !
    you said this patch was to make content more accessible for less skilled players to LOWER the ceiling and RAISE the floor but all you did was lower every player in the game lower skilled players are not going to be able to get into Veteran Hard mode now , and how does nerfing EVERYONE in the game because of the top .01% of elite players make harder content more accessible for lower skilled player , I can NOT wrap my mind around the thought process of this thinking , you keep creating harder and harder content , I would think a mode system for dungeons and trials would be a smarter approach such as what is partially in place now , Normal , Vet , Vet Hard mode , maybe add in a Elite mode some thing for the top .01% to challenge , but nerfing the rest of the players for the .01% not the answer.
    I'm not paying to play this game any more after so many years of being a loyal player every 3 month having to redo my characters builds , just so I can do trials , as I am a average player at best , I really hope to see some improve back before I consider resubbing my subscription !

• kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make molten whip a maj only ability again.