The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Additional Combat Changes for Update 35

• xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throwing darts at a dartboard while blindfolded and hoping something sticks.
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on August 18, 2022 1:33PM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so is resto now a net-negative on dmg compared to live? i know it got a few buffs but a 27% dmg nerf again seems very heavy handed, it only had its dmg buffed by like 9% (which was huge compared to many other heavies which got nerfed by that same amount)

from this patch it still seems like zos just doesnt like a lot of things:
    • healers (in general)
    • NB tanks
    • stam sorcs
    • wardens (in general)
    • sticky dots
    • DKs (due to sticky dots nerfs)

and im sure that list could go on lol

You forgot [*] ZoS’ paying customers from the list of things they don’t like.
  • Nathyiel
    Nathyiel
    ✭✭
    and he forget sorc's pet in the list
  • LunaticOne_
    LunaticOne_
    ✭✭✭
    Well, ZOS, you accomplished nerfing the ceiling, but where exactly did you raise the floor? I can only see nerfs for everyone - but endgame players are more likely to adapt to them than those players you actually claimed you wanted to help
    Edited by LunaticOne_ on August 19, 2022 8:09PM
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As funny as it would have been to try using restoration staves as DPS weapons, I'm glad this is being addressed.

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing what adjustments will be made to Empower in terms of abilities and item sets in the long run.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, ZOS, you accomplished nerfing the ceiling, but where exactly did you raise the for floor? I can only see nerfs for everyone - but endgame players are more likely to adapt to them than those players you actually claimed you wanted to help

And hence ZoS actually widened the skill and power gap instead of narrowing it with the update 35 changes and made content less accessible in direct contradiction to the stated reason for the entire update. All hail the spreadsheets!
  • Faltasë
    Faltasë
    ✭✭✭
    You've(the combat dev team) gutted Warden and still haven't reverted the advanced species change, which lots of warden players have asked for including me.

Just scrap the update, guys, literally it's the popular opinion. Don't alienate your players like this. You're creating an unhealthy environment to have fun in. Which makes it impossible to have fun.

I'm staying gone from this game if this update drops, as are many folks. I suppose that means little.
    Edited by Faltasë on August 18, 2022 7:14PM

XBOX 2015-2019
    PC-NA 2019-2022
    ESO was lost to the depths

Auri-El is the one true God.
  • anvilbert
    anvilbert
    ✭✭✭
    At this point I believe someone really wants this game to fail.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, Warden friends... see you in 6-12 months.

Maybe by then they will have fixed Shalks, Advanced Species, etc. after this update thoroughly destroyed them.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »
    Please, when is U35 coming on live servers ?

@xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, when is U35 coming on live servers ?

monday august 22 (next week)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thats the PC release at least, i think console is 2 weeks after that
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    these attacks are generally made by error rather than intentionally , as they are harder to do

When you want to demonstrate right out of the gate that you don't know what you're talking about, or don't think skill should matter.

Or in other words, players can count to one and count to three, but counting to two is usually a mistake.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Volt_Of_Ohm
    Volt_Of_Ohm
    Soul Shriven
    Feels like my Templar has early stage osteoarthritis. I'm sorry but the current jabs animation is so much better.
  • Syndem
    Syndem
    ✭✭✭
    Feels like my Templar has early stage osteoarthritis. I'm sorry but the current jabs animation is so much better.

100% !!
    I m about to quit just for the animation.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anvilbert wrote: »

There is a rumor that ZOS will release a new MMO at QuakeCon.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Additionally, we are reducing the damage from the final hit of restoration heavy attacks by approximately 27% and increasing the amount of Magicka restored by 10%. We’re taking out some of the raw power from this weapon type to prevent it from becoming a dominant damage producing weapon, and instead moving its focus of this attack type to be on the Recovery side of things.

Resto's Staff Essence Drain passive will also be nerfed - i.e. the heals from HA-ing. So, how about boosting - instead of constantly nerfing stuff - the passive? To 35 / 70%? 45 / 90% So that healers could not only rerenerate their mana, but also do some healing, now that bosses are OP and we are weakened.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh joy, more nerf.
    What better way to celebrate that my plus expires today :)
  • anvilbert
    anvilbert
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    anvilbert wrote: »

There is a rumor that ZOS will release a new MMO at QuakeCon.

And it will be PC and XBOX exclusive no Playstation. ZOS has already stated any new content will be exclusive. Makes you think !!!
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid wrote: »
    Smh just cancel the update - the more that’s added, the worse it gets. I’ve seen next to no people who have asked for any of these changes, or who have approved of them. Terrible direction.

Agree with this!! This update is a terrible direction and the complete disregard for the communities feedback is insulting.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »
    Oh joy, more nerf.

Congratulations. Wish I was that close.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh joy, more nerf.

And mine expires on 21st, just a day before the patch :blush:

• Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh joy, more nerf.
    Congrats! :D I dare say, perfect timing.

I bought all the DLCs for real money - not that I regret that much, but I'd have waited for some occasions, Crown giveaways or something if I had known that ESO devs care and listen to us "that much".
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please leave templar Jabs alone
    Edited by rexagamemnon on August 20, 2022 12:30PM
  • anvilbert
    anvilbert
    ✭✭✭
    So since console players do not have access to the pts we can only go by patch notes and other players experience on the pts. A 30% reduction at 65k put you at 45k if you are hiting at 45k that reduction puts you 31k. Tell me how this raises the floor. I only have a limited amount of time to log in and play,so this reduction is going to make vet dungeons take longer to clear so Instead of being able to complete the pledges on vet is not going to be possible I might get 1 done in a night. ONE DUNGEON A NIGHT, taking all night to clear 1 4man dungeon, content that we have been playing for yrs has suddenly been put out of our reach by the dev's. Fewer dungeons cleared means fewer transmute Crystal's fewer keys fewer rewards. Longer build times fewer resources gathered,right on down the list. Fewer characters to get through randoms. Do you get the picture? The regular players are being put back to a noob level. This is a spreadsheet from a console player.
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did the Star Wars Galaxies team take over this game? Direction no one asked for, not listening to any of the players, and likely resulting in a severely reduced population. Or maybe Amazon paid them separately to do this so that we will leave this and can try resurrecting their failed New World?

It's really bizarre to observe.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • anvilbert
    anvilbert
    ✭✭✭
    Something I forgot to put in my rant, with all my characters being put at a noob level suddenly content I PAID FOR IS OUT OF MY REACH . WHY AM I GOING TO CONTINUE TO PAY FOR CONTENT IM NOT ABLE TO COMPLETE????? HENCE NO MORE MONEY ZOS.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So let this one summarize; the initial nerfs were inadequate, because some folks found two ways to help mitigate said nerfs, leading to combat team response of, "Oh no, you don't! We said LESS damage, children!!"

Truthfully, this one will consider it humorous to very carefully evade groups of three Auridon mudcrabs with the same OMG alert level given to Craglorn swarming wasps from years ago.

On a thoroughly unrelated topic, when will the Wiffle Bat skill line be released?
  • DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it is really time to move on.

eso-cancelled.jpg