Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

For doing dungeons you currently do mostly, what group kind and size do you prefer, play usually ?

hrothbern
hrothbern
✭✭✭✭✭
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 16, 2022 3:10AM
"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU

For doing dungeons you currently do mostly, what group kind and size do you prefer, play usually ? 92 votes

Solo
6%
GythralJKorrcaptainwolfosMyrnhielKlauthWarthogAlterBlika 6 votes
Solo with companion
25%
chessalavakia_ESODarcyMardinLauranaephaneub17_ESOBouldercleaveEnemy-of-ColdharbourZenzukiLucjanRaddlemanNumber7AcadianPaladinPeacatcherCompM4sPrax3desjoergingerIndigogodutchusukDreamyLuXarOzzAzuraFankaushad 23 votes
Duo with someone I usually play with
2%
FluffyReachWitchTra_Lalan 2 votes
Duo with someone I usually play with including our companions
8%
Moloch1514Bosco916AmphithoehrothbernMageCatF4FGoodrodsLMarshall910Aislinna 8 votes
4 players I regularely do dungeons with (friends, guildies)
27%
AstridSkayaqSheridanTannus15XuhoraOreyn_Bearclawpeacenotecode65536DalsinthusKlingenliedfirerapturemeekmikorenneTroodon80AgenericnameTúrin_VidsmidrcolossalvoidsperfictionZyvahizium 25 votes
4 players with group finder
26%
AvalonRangerpreeviousItoqRagnarok0130DestyranMolydeusEl_BorrachoRaammzzaaDragonreduxthe1andonlyskwexMudcrabAttackhaelgaanDrammanothEnerGEmilyElizabethESOAmeriseswnglyeahFeedbackOnlyMissHeartseekerxendgamesmug 24 votes
else
4%
dmnqwkkarekizspartaxoxoNecrotech_Master 4 votes
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im more of a mix between "friends/guildies" and PUGs. I do vets. Sometimes we use a premade of 4, sometimes we PUG one-two.

• Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost always use the group finder. If I need to farm gear then depending on the dungeon I may do it solo with a companion, or with guildies. If I just want to run dungeons or pledges then typically always group finder.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Friends or guildies for vetDLC dungeons.
    :'( Most of my buddies did quit after seeing U35 so I will need to solo most dungeons from now on.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do all the options, duoing and duoing with group finder being my next most frequent choices. However I am in a dungeon group where we play at least one a week for three hours, so I choose that as the most consistent option.

Before the dungeon group my most frequent choice was queue in a duo.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo with companion
    I don't like dungeons much, so I go sporadically only, always solo with Bastian to help (before companion I wasn't doing dungeons as I'm a passable player).

I go solo to be able to go at my own snake speed and to have no obligation regarding what I do and in what order I do it. At the top of that, many times, finishing the dungeon isn't my objective, or I'm called by real life, both resulting in me leaving the dungeon in the middle of it via map travelling. All that is a counter to going with a team.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solo
    Group with guildies for helmets on veteran, then farm everything else solo on normal.
    Adding a companion to the mix also adds uncertainty on mob aggro, so I don´t use companions for that. But, your mileage may vary.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo with companion
    I generally do them solo with a companion because it's a bit slow without one on my tanky builds or a bit risky on my less tanky builds.

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on the day. Some days are easier to run with friends and guildies than others. But I tend to run a random normal on days when I don't like the pledges, i.e. Darkshade 2
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Vet DLC, pre-made almost always. I use GF for random normals (transmute) and specific normals (gear) which are usually DLC.

For pre-mades, I almost always run as a DPS, but occasionally I take my turn at tanking.

For GF, I run a tank/DPS hybrid build to effectively tank (skip the queue and adequately perform the role of tank), but also pull very high damage for fast runs.
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't dps
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    else
    It depends. For normal dungeons, at this point I prefer to solo them with companions. For vet dungeons, I prefer to go either with guildmates or using the activity finder, even the base game ones that I can reasonably solo. I don't usually even solo vet fungal grotto, not because I can't do it because I can and I have, but because it's just faster to have a group.
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    If i found anyone on the pc server who actually liked dungeons id for sure wanna do some with them. Unfortunately that hasnt been the case so the only choice i have is the dungeon finder.Which of course you run the risk being grouped with others with different expectations of a dungeon run.
    Edited by endgamesmug on August 15, 2022 8:32PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like running with guildies but vast majority of the time I queue random vet alone. Takes less time than finding a group, lets you meet new people, help some people out, and it feels less stressful learning to tank with people I don’t know and probably won’t see again. Sure, pugs can be annoying sometimes but so can guild runs… and you can’t ditch a guild run if things go badly.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solo
    Solo for vanilla pledges (or queue as a tank if I'm lazy), group finder for dlc ones. Premade groups if I'm doing some achievement.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo with companion
    I love soloing group dungeons mostly because they are private instances. For me, having randoms running around in delves, public dungeons and quest dungeons quite disrupts the scary, spooky feeling of exploring and clearing a dungeon. Thankfully, there are almost a dozen of the basic alliance zone dungeons I can solo and, as a PvE soloist, I consider that my 'end game'. The dungeons I can't solo (I include all dlc dungeons) I simply ignore.

I love adventuring with my companion but that is all about roleplay, not their tactical acumen. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    There isn’t a single answer for me. I would guess that’s true for most players. I prefer guild mates and/or friends but will do a pug if needed. Since I want the transmutes I need group finder either way. I will solo if I’m farming a set (if I can).
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I leave it up to Fate
  • Klingenlied
    Klingenlied
    ✭✭✭✭
    Almost exclusively premade for vet, normal mode random if I level up something new.
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo with companion
    Solo mostly.
    With or without a companion basically depending on if I had one out or not at the time of entry.

I do have a small group of 3 friends that gets together on weekends and we will run a bunch with a Mirri, out as healer.

Depending on the dungeon though, I've done all of the Polls scenarios at one time or another.
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo with companion
    The solo random dungeon option can't come soon enough for Transmute Crystals.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    else
    I put Other because I don't actually care <3

I enjoy the challenge of pugging as it keeps your standards up. When I'm just getting my 6 RNDs done for the day I don't really mind whether I am solo or if someone else is doing RNDs in guild I'll go with them.
    I like the variety of going solo, duo, with friends, with guild members, with random people on the rare occasion I do pledges etc as variety keeps things more interesting.

While there are days I'd be happier not to deal with random players, I could never get behind an MMO that wants players to play on their own - it 100% belittles the intent behind sharing a world.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No option for solo in group finder.

Yes, I’m in two guilds but it’s just easier to queue up rather than waste time trying to find someone to run it with me, then queue alone.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Lucjan
    Lucjan
    ✭✭✭
    Solo with companion
    Only solo with companion. I left ESO for like 2 years, came back about a year ago and figured this time I approach the game as a single player experience. Having a blast ever since, especially when doing dungeons solo for the first time.

It is for me one of the best experiences in the game, to have all the time in the world to listen to the NPCs and especially in the newer dungeons they have a lot of interesting things to tell in-between their quest dialogs. Explore every nook and cranny and occasionally stop just for a moment to look at a stunning view. Some of the dungeons I believed to know in and out from the past years turned out to have some really amazing looking spots I just did not notice while rushing through with a group.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly random 4 people, but if guild member request normal gear farming,
    I'll do it as tank role mainly with 1 dps.
    Edited by AvalonRanger on August 25, 2022 6:13AM
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I do it solo, but only for gimmick and secret searching.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    else
    i would say all the above, as ive done all of those options, depending on the day or what i feel like doing lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014