The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

You need to rvert Surprise Attack changes.

Falcon_of_light
Falcon_of_light
✭✭✭
First of all this change with once per 4 sec guaranteed crit will do nothing, in pve every nb have already really high crit chance, so its will be something like +3% to dps in bis gear, but pvp stamblades will literally die and i will tell you why.
1. This "buff" will do NOTHING good in pvp, most "procs" of 100% crit it will be guted by another guarantee crit from cloack or crit chance itself.
2. Stamblade are not facetanking another classes, its just doesnt work like this, so it will make a chain of nerf for pvp stamblade -> cc is mandatory so you will give up execute ability to get cc -> cc what u can get what somehow usable for nb is nb class fear -> now your already manathirsty stamina class (cloack and clone) will need now not a defencive\buff backbar but sustaine one = nb losing all damage AND execute damage to finish something AND losing survivability\damage because u now needs a resource sustain bakbar...
Its not a hurr-durr whine, its straight up killing the class and its playstile, u will be needed to buff something else to hilariously broken state in next patches, because nothing normal will not save absolutelly broken class in pvp after this change.
Or you just forget this class and make thousands of nb mains just want to quite the game, because this will be a really huge mistake and absolutelly undeserved nerf.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a buff for PVP NBs. Guaranteed crit will add to the burst and the loss of stun means you can control the timing of your stun with an offbalance medium attack. Makes it much easier to connect Assassins Will
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guaranteed crit might be useful, yes. A guaranteed crit but only every 4 seconds is largely useless in both PvE and PvP, in particular compared to the other morph.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next update almost every one will use other morph anyway, so it kinda does not matter, as Concealed Weapon does everything better than Surprise Attack.

You can still have guaranteed crit with cloak (which is kinda irrelevant anyway if you have higher crit chance - and most NBs do have higher crit chance to take advantage of class passives). Guaranteed crit every 4 seconds seems like a wasted bonus tbh. On top of that, Sundered status effect can proc from any non LA/HA phisical damage source.
    ^ So it is not like you are losing a lot by not using Surprise Attack morph.

Meanwhile, what you get with Concealed Weapon morph is 10% flat unique damage bonus from all sources (that can stack with other damage done bonuses), that is quite easy to proc and can have potential 100% uptime. On top of that you get permanent minor expedition bonus (just for slotting the skill).

Currently, on live server, Concealed Weapon is a niche skill, primarily used by stealth builds. Next patch it will have a universal application and tbh its only flaw from a stamina build perspective is that it costs magicka. But, since by its nature it is a spammable that is not being "spamed" that often (compared to other spamable skills) - then I guess it might not be a big deal to sustain it. Especially after hybridisation changes. Some pure stamina builds might still use Surprise Attack, but I guess many will switch to Dizzying Swing as it can "mimic" to some degree the stun that Veiled Strike used to have. And landing both skills is kinda similar in difficulty - Surprise Attack morph has 5 meter range ; Dizzying Swing has 7 meters, but it has short cast time.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 14, 2022 8:57AM
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can still have guaranteed crit with cloak (which is kinda irrelevant anyway if you have higher crit chance - and most NBs do have higher crit chance to take advantage of class passives). Guaranteed crit every 4 seconds seems like a wasted bonus tbh.

agree with that.

But i'm not sure stamblades in pvp will use concealed weapon since they're stam and keep their magicka for others skills like cloak
    in other hand, magblade will be buffed with this next update, which is not bad.

NB has been nerfed too many times for years because of people crying on forum, that's all.

@xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Falcon_of_light
    Falcon_of_light
    ✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    This is a buff for PVP NBs. Guaranteed crit will add to the burst and the loss of stun means you can control the timing of your stun with an offbalance medium attack. Makes it much easier to connect Assassins Will

Cloacl + high crit itself = once per 4 seconds guarantee crit from sa will be wasted most of the time.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Cloacl + high crit itself = once per 4 seconds guarantee crit from sa will be wasted most of the time.

Now you have the option to invest into crit damage for better burst. Try to adapt so a necromancer main player like myself dont have to teach you the game
  • Falcon_of_light
    Falcon_of_light
    ✭✭✭

Now you have the option to invest into crit damage for better burst. Try to adapt so a necromancer main player like myself dont have to teach you the game

honey, do you even listen? this "guarantee" crit every 4 seconds in pvp will be neutralise by cloack guarantee crit about 50% of the time, other 50 is crit chance itself, so we "get" only that they take stun from SA, so its JUST A NERF. And absolutely undeserved nerf.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »
    You can still have guaranteed crit with cloak (which is kinda irrelevant anyway if you have higher crit chance - and most NBs do have higher crit chance to take advantage of class passives). Guaranteed crit every 4 seconds seems like a wasted bonus tbh.

agree with that.

But i'm not sure stamblades in pvp will use concealed weapon since they're stam and keep their magicka for others skills like cloak
    in other hand, magblade will be buffed with this next update, which is not bad.

NB has been nerfed too many times for years because of people crying on forum, that's all.
    Tbh. I was rather thinking that what might end up happening is that many stamina NBs will just make a room on their bars for 1 skill & slot Concealed Weapon, just to have a passive speed buff & damage buff. You don't need to actually even use the skill - it just has to be on your bar to have the bonus. So, one can use other stamina-based spamable (and there is a good selection of those from various weapon skills) instead, and keep the benefits that Concealed Weapon offers, without spending magicka on it.

It is a great "opportunity vs cost" thing.

Remember how Grim Focus used to have Major Berserk buff for a couple of seconds after casting the skill ? NBs in PvP were using this for pre-buffing and often not even for using the bow proc. Concealed Weapon is pretty much the same thing (although you have to be in combat) - but you don't need to cast anything and you still have additional speed buff with it.

As for the Magicka NBs getting buffed - they need all the love they cab get imho. They were always kinda um "in shadow" of their brethren stam NB, but in U35 I think it may change and it will be mag NB who will probably be on top.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 14, 2022 11:00AM
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surprise Attack is one of the most overloaded skills in the game and the best spammable in game. The guaranteed crit in PvP will make Stamblades burst even more crazy. It already applies the Sundered effect, sets target off balance, has high damage and provides the Nightblade with Major Resolve very overloaded without the guaranteed crit.
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me you haven't read the thread without telling me you haven't read the thread.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    A guaranteed crit every 4 seconds from the flank is redundant for almost every normal to meta Nightblade build.
    What they did was basically a round about way of taking the stun off of Surprise attack and nerfing the NB's spammable in favor of the lesser used Concealed Weapon as if Surprise Attack needed to be touched at all in the first place.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vetixio wrote: »
    Surprise Attack is one of the most overloaded skills in the game and the best spammable in game. The guaranteed crit in PvP will make Stamblades burst even more crazy. It already applies the Sundered effect, sets target off balance, has high damage and provides the Nightblade with Major Resolve very overloaded without the guaranteed crit.

Best spammable in the game? Current jabs, whip and crystal weapon are far stronger than surprise attack currently is lol.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Falcon_of_light
    Falcon_of_light
    ✭✭✭

1. In pvp u start with cloack = u waste your "guarantee" crit.
    2. As nb u have high crit chance so its twice wasted.
    3. You losing cc, so u need new one so u losing execute\grim focus.
    4. only usable cc for nb is fear, what DO NOT DEAL DAMAGE like other classes cc.
    5. And fear is magic so u must drop your burst\def backbar for resource regen one.
    6. U get class without damage, without execute, without tankiness, without anything but get crit on spamable once every 4 seconds what will be wasted for majority of times. Like about one extra crit every 10-20 seconds for THIS price?

You have some problem with understanding how game works, nightblade was not even close meta class and now its will be the worst class for pvp, literally gimp who cant do anything but run away. No usable gapcloser, no deffence, no execute, he only class with cc without damage\mobility\eescepability\healing. [snip]

[edited for flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 14, 2022 3:59PM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

honey, do you even listen? this "guarantee" crit every 4 seconds in pvp will be neutralise by cloack guarantee crit about 50% of the time, other 50 is crit chance itself, so we "get" only that they take stun from SA, so its JUST A NERF. And absolutely undeserved nerf.

Start with any other damage skill after cloak then use medium attack on an offbalanced target to stun.

Ankael will be back with more Nightblade tips
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭

look offbalance cd..
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Start with any other damage skill after cloak then use medium attack on an offbalanced target to stun.

Lots of people love to claim medium weave is the be all end all but it's really not that amazing, especially considering most nightblades use shadowy disguise.

It's not a good change. Medium weave from invisibility makes more sense than using something else out of stealth because I'm pretty sure people can just see your medium weave coming and dodge it?

Like if you go for medium weave into bow and I dodge it because I see it coming I don't see how that's a better alternative.
    Plus PVP isn't a bunch of 1v1s, medium weave stunning is ONLY reliable in situations where you are fighting low numbers like 1v1s.
    If you have 3 people thirsting a kill on you, chain spamming, body block and swarming each other I'm not sure how average players plan to medium weave stun on a tightly packed group. The only reliable way to make this work is from invisibiltiy because they won't just dodge it or just run away knowing what's going to happen next.

It's hardly a buff or a "good change" unless you're a nightblade who lives in stealth. If you've played nightblade that doesn't rely on stealth you know you don't always connect with a medium weave combo. And if you apply it to a heavily outnumbered situation(which is more likely than 1v1s in PVP). It's just not reliable unless you go invisible prior to throwing out one.

I'm ok with removing surprise attack stun, but medium weave stunning isn't that great and not as good as a change as some people make it out to be, especially when the nightblade toolkit already suffers from severe cast times and travel times. With how slow the bow is, medium weave stun setup probably won't even connect with how clunky it is.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    birdik wrote: »

look offbalance cd..

You can start with 150 ulti Incap's stun and save offbalance for later or slot a stun skill like literally any other class.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

Lots of people love to claim medium weave is the be all end all but it's really not that amazing, especially considering most nightblades use shadowy disguise.

It's not a good change. Medium weave from invisibility makes more sense than using something else out of stealth because I'm pretty sure people can just see your medium weave coming and dodge it?

Like if you go for medium weave into bow and I dodge it because I see it coming I don't see how that's a better alternative.
    Plus PVP isn't a bunch of 1v1s, medium weave stunning is ONLY reliable in situations where you are fighting low numbers like 1v1s.
    If you have 3 people thirsting a kill on you, chain spamming, body block and swarming each other I'm not sure how average players plan to medium weave stun on a tightly packed group. The only reliable way to make this work is from invisibiltiy because they won't just dodge it or just run away knowing what's going to happen next.

It's hardly a buff or a "good change" unless you're a nightblade who lives in stealth. If you've played nightblade that doesn't rely on stealth you know you don't always connect with a medium weave combo. And if you apply it to a heavily outnumbered situation(which is more likely than 1v1s in PVP). It's just not reliable unless you go invisible prior to throwing out one.

I'm ok with removing surprise attack stun, but medium weave stunning isn't that great and not as good as a change as some people make it out to be, especially when the nightblade toolkit already suffers from severe cast times and travel times. With how slow the bow is, medium weave stun setup probably won't even connect with how clunky it is.

For heavily outnumbered situations NBs dont need a stun thanks to cloak/shadow image. This change is good in 1on1 offensive/assassination scenario ( I shouldve specified before). But surely you cannot expect to have an instant AOE stun (for outnumbered situation) on a spammable skill right?

This change gives good players a space on their front bar by giving a stun that doesnt share global cooldown with skills (albeit with higher cooldown than a usual stun)

• Falcon_of_light
    Falcon_of_light
    ✭✭✭

For heavily outnumbered situations NBs dont need a stun thanks to cloak/shadow image. This change is good in 1on1 offensive/assassination scenario ( I shouldve specified before). But surely you cannot expect to have an instant AOE stun (for outnumbered situation) on a spammable skill right?

This change gives good players a space on their front bar by giving a stun that doesnt share global cooldown with skills (albeit with higher cooldown than a usual stun)

same damage with 6s cd cc for 22s cd cc when every one else will have 6s cd cc [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 14, 2022 4:16PM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course not, but I've seen a lot of people claim it's a good change for aforementioned reasons which kind of doesn't make sense unless you're a shadowy disguise user. Veiled strike changes is just a straight nerf for anyone who's used dark cloak or doesn't crutch on shadowy disguise to get kills.
    And saving a skill slot isn't bad if you can actually connect your damage combo, which nightblade has the hardest time doing of all the classes because nightblade toolkit is just that bad. None of the other classes cast abilities for them to not work or have trouble working.

Cast ambush/lotus fan. Doesn't connect because cast time causes them to avoid it. Cast spectral bow, they avoid it because it's slow. Cast soul tether, a CC spammer cancels you out of it because of cast time. Cast incap, they dodge it because of slow cast time.

These reasons are why this change just doesn't help nightblade at all. Our main abilities don't even synergize well because the cast times/travel times make it hard to connect anything because they're too easy to avoid or people can cancel our damage combo if timing CC's properly.
    And trying to incorporate the fear into the toolkit just exacerbates the problem with lack of synergize and difficulty of connecting combos because now we need to try to add another cooldown on top of an already janky combination

This change wouldn't be that big of a nerf is zos worked to fix our problem skills, but they don't. So it's not a good change for that reason until our toolkit isn't so gimped.
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on August 14, 2022 1:43PM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭

4. only usable cc for nb is fear, what DO NOT DEAL DAMAGE like other classes cc.
    5. And fear is magic so u must drop your burst\def backbar for resource regen one.
    6. U get class without damage, without execute, without tankiness, without anything but get crit on spamable once every 4 seconds what will be wasted for majority of times. Like about one extra crit every 10-20 seconds for THIS price?

You have some problem with understanding how game works, nightblade was not even close meta class and now its will be the worst class for pvp, literally gimp who cant do anything but run away. No usable gapcloser, no deffence, no execute, he only class with cc without damage\mobility\eescepability\healing. [snip]

Stamblade has always been relevant in PvP. If you think Stamblade is the worst in PvP you clearly haven’t played Magicka Warden lol. Sure they don’t have a great cc like you said with fear, but your strong spammable has a cc attached to it next patch if you weave well, and Nightblades have class executes and ZOS have buffed Killer’s Blade to scale like Executioner so Stamblade will have a strong execute as well as best burst in PvP and get out of jail free card with cloak.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 14, 2022 4:03PM
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamblade has always been relevant in PvP. If you think Stamblade is the worst in PvP you clearly haven’t played Magicka Warden lol. Sure they don’t have a great cc like you said with fear, but your strong spammable has a cc attached to it next patch if you weave well, and Nightblades have class executes and ZOS have buffed Killer’s Blade to scale like Executioner so Stamblade will have a strong execute as well as best burst in PvP and get out of jail free card with cloak.

What CC is attached to the NB spammable next patch, please?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 14, 2022 4:04PM
  • Falcon_of_light
    Falcon_of_light
    ✭✭✭
    Jazraena wrote: »

What CC is attached to the NB spammable next patch, please?

rerol into dk.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 14, 2022 4:06PM
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also noticed you have been a bit aggressive with me and others who have a different opinion than you, that isn’t really the way to get people to listen to your opinions and maybe change our minds on the subject lol.
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please answer the question, @Vetixio. What CC is attached to Surprise Attack?
  • Falcon_of_light
    Falcon_of_light
    ✭✭✭

U cant have both - normal cc and execute now, and 22s cd cc with medium weawe as no deffence assasin vs 6s cd cc when everybody play in bruiser\tank build what are meta?what you even saying? YOU KNOW that you said ***... And if u dont know how to prevent cloack - you are just bad.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 14, 2022 4:05PM
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭

Surprise Attack: Cost: 2295 Stamina
    Slash an enemy, dealing 3097 Physical Damage and applying the Sundered status effect. Attacking with Surprise Attack from the flank stuns the enemy for 3 seconds and sets them Off Balance.

My bad it has 2 CCs attached if you weave properly, there’s your answer lol.
    Edited by Vetixio on August 14, 2022 1:58PM
  • Falcon_of_light
    Falcon_of_light
    ✭✭✭

Make a video with you dueling high mmr bruiser players as standart stamblade, [snip] nb already have lowest damage\survivability ratio in the game. And why only magica warden? Nb will be *** in both iterations, maybe bomber will be better then now, every other playstile of nb get guted next patch if all things are going live, and you know it, [snip]

[edited for baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 14, 2022 4:12PM
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Surprise Attack: Cost: 2295
    Stamina
    Slash an enemy, dealing 3097 Physical Damage and applying the Sundered status effect. Attacking with Surprise Attack from the flank stuns the enemy for 3 seconds and sets them Off Balance.

My bad it has 2 CCs attached if you weave properly, there’s your answer lol.

We're talking about next patch. The Stun got removed. If by the second CC you mean Off Balance, ignoring how clunky it is, that is provided by the base ability Veiled Strike, and thus also by the other morph Concealed Weapon that is superior in every other way now.

So please, enlighten me.

Why would I use Surprise Attack?
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭

Make a video with you dueling high mmr bruiser players as standart stamblade, [snip] nb already have lowest damage\survivability ratio in the game. And why only magica warden? Nb will be *** in both iterations, maybe bomber will be better then now, every other playstile of nb get guted next patch if all things are going live, and you know it, [snip]

Nightblades have very high burst damage especially when combined with proc sets. Stamblades are the only class next patch not having a ton of skills and damage nerfed so you’re really being dramatic if you’re rerolling your Nightblade characters lol.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by Vetixio on August 17, 2022 8:01AM