The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I can't Log in.

Olliedoger
Olliedoger
✭✭
I participated in the beta and was having this problem. Once I type in my credentials and hit enter I am prompted with a loading screen that eventually ends with an "unknown error." I am using a mac. So far I have tried adding the ESO application and all its contents to my approved list under my firewall, I have also updated my computer to Mavericks, I have tried repairing the files with the game client, I've moved the quicktime plugin from its original folder and I have checked the auto proxy. Nothing so far has worked. I should also mention I am working off a college network. I just want to play the game. Anybody have any ideas?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the Support kb article:
    I AM GETTING A 'LOGIN ERROR: ERROR 301' WHEN ATTEMPTING TO LOGIN TO THE GAME. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Updated 03/12/2014 08:43 PM Published 11/22/2013 06:32 PM
    This error is occurring due to the large volume of logins. The issue should be resolved relatively soon. We recommend attempting to log in to the game again after a period of around 10 minutes.
    Looking at the Tech Support section there appears to be a lot of people with the same issue:
    DISCONNECTING WITH AN 'UNKNOWN ERROR' MESSAGE.

• Jolkasertha
    I get the same error message. When contacted support I was told they would consider the problem resolved if they didn't hear from me in 120 hours.(This is 5 days people be real). Why did I buy early access if I might not be able to log in for another 5 days. Seems a little silly.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the same error message. When contacted support I was told they would consider the problem resolved if they didn't hear from me in 120 hours.(This is 5 days people be real). Why did I buy early access if I might not be able to log in for another 5 days. Seems a little silly.
    If you receive a response email and it does not answer your issue or query, email then by Reply to that email and say it is not resolved and why (i.e. if you try things suggested that don't work) Keep doing that until you get it resolved or at least an explanation why.

Naturally support is very busy right now and responses may take time but they should get back to you.

If you have waited longer than a day or so then send another message as above to explain you are still waiting.

I syggest checking the thread I linked above as many others have similar issues and it will be the best place to check to see if anyone has found a workaround or fix.

Also check this thread which is related but slightly different;

ACCOUNT PROBLEM (NOT NETWORK) - AN UNKNOWN ERROR HAS OCCURRED

I hope it gets resolved soon.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 2, 2014 12:33AM
  • trish14
    trish14
    A friend of mine is having the same issue with his game he has not been able to log in now for 3 days..he has tried everything ..he bought the imperial edition and cant even log in and enjoy it. I understand ESO is having a lot of feedback because of issues but com'on give us at least something online to figure out why he can't log in at all. He has even written ESO 3 times with "NO" response. He spent 80 dollars for this game that he can't even play.
    Edited by trish14 on April 4, 2014 6:47AM
  • Equinox_Shift
    Equinox_Shift
    Soul Shriven
    Hello,

I experienced this issue, please attempt what I did here in order to fix it.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/68081/error-code-when-attempting-to-log-in

Thank you,

Equinox_Shift
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    @Equinox_Shift‌:

Thanks for the tip. I tried it for my issue (detailed in the Mac "Black Screen..." post) Didn't work for me, but I suspect that it's not my computer or router: It's the launcher.

I've been trying to log in for, um, about 6 days now. During this week I've tried a lot of fixes and nothing works. I'm pretty sure I and anyone in my boat are SOL until those nerds fix the launcher.
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    dethbl00ms wrote: »
    @Equinox_Shift‌:

Thanks for the tip. I tried it for my issue (detailed in the Mac "Black Screen..." post) Didn't work for me, but I suspect that it's not my computer or router: It's the launcher.

I've been trying to log in for, um, about 6 days now. During this week I've tried a lot of fixes and nothing works. I'm pretty sure I and anyone in my boat are SOL until those nerds fix the launcher.
    @dethbl00ms can you list out in just headings all the things you have tried so far, if you feel up for it. Then there may be other things to suggest as it's all moving quite fast and maybe simple things to check and try.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 4, 2014 10:43PM
  • Equinox_Shift
    Equinox_Shift
    Soul Shriven
    I see that you said you are working off a college network.

See if they can open those ports. As your router itself may not be the problem, but the restrictions on the network you are working with.

Please see your schools IT department, and see if they can help you out with that, they are usually pretty good for this type of thing.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good catch @ Equinox_Shift I missed that point. Good advice.

Give them this information:
    WHAT PORTS DO I NEED TO OPEN TO ACCESS THE GAME?

Updated 04/04/2014 04:43 PM Published 02/15/2013 07:46 PM

To best access The Elder Scrolls Online, players should configure their routers to open the following outbound ports:

TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131

TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    source

I believe the Launcher install uses other ports but I can’t find any reference for those.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 5, 2014 10:20PM
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    @Equinox_Shift‌: I've tried too many things to list. I believe the problem is past the forum's ability to solve. Technical support can't even give me a straight answer. Thanks for offering.
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    dethbl00ms wrote: »
    @Equinox_Shift‌: I've tried too many things to list. I believe the problem is past the forum's ability to solve. Technical support can't even give me a straight answer. Thanks for offering.
    I lost whether you had the Unknown Error or not but they patched EU megaserver today for that exact issue.
    Not sure if you are on EU or not. I expect they do it for NA tomorrow in maintenance if it is issue on both.
    I don't get the problem so can't tell if it changes it or not;

Unknown Error Fix Incoming

Maybe it made a difference.

Edit: I see now that it was the black screen and audio on login problem from reading back.

I would really like to try and resolve it for you. I know you done a lot of things from what you say but I don't know what they are so would probably just repeat a load of stuff.

If you could list all the things you have tried, then it will give me a better chance to see if there is anything else worth trying or maybe something you missed as there is a lot of posts recently. I understand if you don't but it may help at least to narrow it down.

I already talked to the developer who suggested something but I don't know if you tried them or not.

If you already tried downloading the Launcher version I posted which at least would show it is not that as it works for me and others it also helps to narrow it down.

The offer is there.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 8, 2014 6:35PM