Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Elemental Weapon and Crystal Weapon. The Issue.

• MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zabagad wrote: »
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    Why not just add a simple change to the game and allow only one DPS spammable slotted on a single bar?

Sorry but this is one the worst suggestions I've read in a while.

With no why or reason? Fair enough if community doesn’t like it. But in this case, we have to live with delayed burst combined with proc sets, and have to live with never having DoT DPS skills. Making single target burst the only option.

I give you two reasons: (beside that your symbol definition of spammable is not valid and ZOS would have to take care of this definition first)

1) Until U33 I was using crushing shock and Frags on the same bar to use CS until Frag procced. With your way that wouldn't be allowed any longer - without any valid reason. So that would destroy valid builds which were not wrong at all.

2) I use right now crushing shock on my frontbar and crystal waepon on my backbar. That would be no problem for you, but it would be still possible to make the same burst you try to prevent.

These two reasons alone counteract your suggestion, so I don't start about the fundamental discussion why it shouldn't be possible to have two spammables, but 5 dots or 5 AOEs or whatever on a bar....
    My suggestion may not have been perfect but at least it would mean that skills that players rely on don't get nerfed just because 'extra burst damage' is now possible.
    Except the suggestion you made just nerfs everything else instead? That isn't any better and thats why no one is for it.

They really just need a redesign if ZOS doesn't like how much delayed burst they do. I've grown use to Crystal Weapon, but it was never what I wanted 6 years ago. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen someone suggest it.

We wanted a Veiled Strike clone. Literally the last melee spammable created for the game was made at launch 8 years ago.

Skulls, Cliff Racer, Silver Shards, Ele Weapon, Crystal Weapon and Poop Fist.

Stam DK's couldn't even get a melee spammable when they went out of there way to introduce Poop Fist. How sad is it that the one class in the game that is almos 100% melee focused, didn't get a melee spammable when the opportunity arised.

The only logical conlusion as to why they're so hestitant to make an instant melee spammable:

Over the years beyond ESO's launch, they realized players wanted stamina specs, it was never a thing at launch. It only became a thing after years of changes. Warden and Necro launches, they give most if not all their damage skills a stamina and magicka morph, but instead of making them unique, they bank on the idea that a skill that costs stamina is unique enough. Ranged spammables have no niche, anyone can use them so they work well for the whole "play as you want" mantra. Easy peasy right? Well Warden and Necro have had a crap ton of reworks to their stamina morphs since then because ZOS finally realized you can't bank on the cost of a skill to make it unique, especially when hybrid changes came around.

The problem with ranged spammables is they're attached to minimum travel times. So when they're used directly in front of a target, despite being instant, they actually take... this is a guess based on prior patch fuzzy knowledge... 300ms to hit your target.

So does anyone use these ranged spammables on melee specs in pvp where dodging attacks is easiest to do. No, barely ever. They're not meta.

Crystal Weapon and Ele Weapon have the kiss/curse of being attached to the weapon you're using. It's a love/hate relationship. To a lot of newer players, they're impossible to use because you're prebuffing your next attack and esentially need to wait a minimum of 1 GCD before you can see any benefit of that.

It's made for some good burst setups on stam sorc, but at this point, the majority of players would rather have an instant melee spammable, it's just never going to happen because they think ranged spammables are somehow diverse. Bow sorcs are becoming pretty fun to play with CW, and I can see why they wouldn't want to lose it, but Bound Armaments and Curse is available, of which both work better on a ranged setup due to that minimum travel time. Giving something like a melee spammable to stam sorc in CW's case, would just mean bow sorcs could rely on Crystal Frag instead.

6 ranged spammables new to the game since launch, no melee. That is just simply wrong.

This is all good. But a “veiled strike” clone? How would it differ from Veiled Strike? I mean DK have whip so that’s one example. What would a sorc melee look like? Also, Force Shock doesn’t have any travel time. It’s pretty much instant.
    Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on August 5, 2022 11:45AM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ironic.

ZOS said the combo of crushing weapon and crystal weapon was too strong. So they changed them so only one could be active at a time.

ZOS immediately turned around and added a second hit to crystal weapon, effectively recreating the crushing/crystal combo in an infinitely easier form.

Zero consistency.