The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How many times your game crashed mid-fight during Whitestrake's Mayhem?

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Lie] I had no performance issues whatsoever during this event
    No crashes or issues yet (not a lie btw lol)
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1 Time
    PCNA, I rezzed at a camp and the game froze while running back to the fight.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA
    No crashes or any noticeable performance issues at all.
    To be fair, I also suck at PVP and so if someone shows up and kills me without me getting a chance to respond, I would have no way to distinguish it from being terrible at PVP or server problems. My ping looked okay the whole time if that means anything. Okay by my definition, I have no idea what is okay by PVP standards.
  • Melivar
    Melivar
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA CYro No crashes and very little lag outside of one large tri faction fight in Evergloam.

Couple long pauses in IC upper levels but no issues in the sewers
  • RhinoDemise
    RhinoDemise
    Soul Shriven
    The only time I had an issue was once when I was riding around sej and it lagged for a second or two. Other than that no crashes. PC NA Ravenwatch
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 Time
    Only one on the first day pretty much the usual
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had 0 performance issues so far but that's because I've stayed out of the fully populated campaigns.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pc eu=almost 0 crashes but laggy this afternoon even outside pvp areas
    my fallout76 xbox friends told me that game (ESO) is almost unplayable during peek hours -same applies to fallout,xbox server is laggy most of times,soi only do my dailys and back to pc
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My game did not crash at all in the hours I spent in Cyro over the weekend - and the campaign was pop-locked. It lagged a bit, the second day, but not that badly.
    I came from console, where 3 years ago I would get disconnected before I even saw another player. (The day I was able to finally participate in a siege without it disconnecting me was a miracle indeed.)

So I didn't vote, because I am not lying when I say it's performed better this year than ever before. Thanks ZOS!
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk, I haven't been able to bring myself to pvp yet as a magblade main. Just playing ToT and overland this patch *sad lol*
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, try setting your max cores in UserSettings.txt to 1 or 2. I never saw an official fix for that bug. Software engineers had to debug it on the forums and I have yet to set it back. it fixes the frame rate dropping to like, literally 3, on computers with a lot of cores.
  • Tevalicious
    Tevalicious
    ✭✭
    Skills and Frames are iffy sometimes but overall its been okay. Our GM and one of our healers have crashed and goten kicked from Que and Cyrodiil. One time was our fault for going to ASH with 30 def siege and 20 enemy seige meaning there were so many people we knew we might crash going into the keep. The other crash was randomly when they were running in a field.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 crashes here.

That is not to say I haven't had any issues if any kind, such as lag or rubber banding.

But crashes? Zero.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU - no crashes so far and only minor lag in major campaigns during prime time. I mostly play outside of prime time corridors, though, and tend to hop from campaign to campaign when switching to and fro (Cyro-IC-Cyro-IC-rinse and repeat)
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had no crashes in combat.

I've had ladder issues during later parts of the day when more people are on and occasional added loading screens when moving from point a to point b again primarily during later parts of the day.

Same. No crashes. Just the usual lag.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC NA, and all the times I've been doing PvP during this event I have yet to crash once. Kind of remarkable really as I've crashed before in such scenarios but not this time. Hope I haven't jinxed it.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 Time
    Only once so far this year. That is a great improvement from prior years.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 Times
    Please list your server and campaign.

NA Server PC Greyhost has been terribly laggy with constant desyncs and crashing in big zerg battles, just like the old days. Very frustrating.

Zos needs to add more server capacity and bandwidth for the event.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on August 3, 2022 9:38AM
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I experienced some heavy lag but no crashes so far (playing on Linux with proton experimental)
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of 'liars' posting in this thread. It's almost like performance is fine and someone is making something out of nothing. That's impossible, though, because here on the ESO forums every poster's complaint is a legitimate issue.
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • Tasvori
    Tasvori
    ✭✭✭
    10 Times
    Probably clocked 80 hours so far in this event. 10-20 hard crashes. Only a handful I had to sit though queue again.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahnak wrote: »
    I see a lot of 'liars' posting in this thread. It's almost like performance is fine and someone is making something out of nothing. That's impossible, though, because here on the ESO forums every poster's complaint is a legitimate issue.

I'm certain that some people do have severe problems with the game, such as crashing or frequent disconnects.

But speaking as someone who used to have problems like that on my old computer and laptop-- both of which eventually died from hard drive crashes or motherboard failures-- I think in many cases the problems might be due to things on the players' end or in between, such as hardware issues or internet issues, rather than anything on ZOS's end.

Which is not to say that I think everything is running 100% smoothly on ZOS's end, just that I don't think everything is on ZOS.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1 Time
    I'd like to upgrade my answer to more.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've not had any on Xbox, and i've been on a lot. However, there is a caveat to that, though the actual instances can be full, I'm an EU player on the NA server, so the servers are probably under less stress as I'm technically on during off peak hours.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Times
    Crashed twice in 10 mins last night in the middle of a fight in the imperial sewers center. It cost me about 10k Tel Var because after I managed to log back in I was dead and had lost Tel Var.

Have also had massive lag spikes in the sewers with no one else around.

Cyro is always laggy for me, but had several crashes during this event.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crashed in a dungeon, still haven't crashed in PvP.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Times
    It's rather telling that of all the people who responded to this poll, the majority have had at least one crash during the event. And that doesn't include the people who actually were lying about not crashing.

ZOS, why are most of your players crashing?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    100 Times
    Kahnak wrote: »

If we are judging by the poll, more than half crashed at least once. Just because everything runs smoothly on your end doesn't mean our complaints are illegitimate. Especially on the PC/EU servers.

And that ''[Lie]'' is supposed to be a joke, don't take it too seriously.
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No crashes, no appreciable unusual lag. PS5, both the wife and I on two different systems at once.

Of course we have enough snap to get off the main campaign during midyear mayhem.
    Esse quam videri.
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SerasWhip wrote: »
    And that ''[Lie]'' is supposed to be a joke, don't take it too seriously.

I don’t think most of us are, but then again we aren’t voting in it either :smile:
    Esse quam videri.