Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Detailed Roadmap > Q&A

• Tra_Lalan
    Tra_Lalan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree. If you compare this game to a relationship (so much time and other efforts invested),

I feel its definetly a "we need to talk" situation.

So just tell us. What are your plans for all of this? I kinda lost the feeling we are on the same page.

• Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    My 2 cents is that they probably see, that not enough players interact with new content(dungeons and trials), and that can make the development of those questionable in the long term.
    Another thing is, they probably read thru feedback of ppl complaining about things like mandatory dps for more difficult trials, and though that if they can bring the top end down enough, than those requirements will also lower, and it will be less daunting for less skilled players.
    And of they wanted to make pve rotations simpler, or at least easier to keep up with.

As far as I can tell, their vision is obvious, it's just their execution is problematic.
    For one, they still haven't finished the hybridization changes, and that already confuses newer players, who already didnt know how to scale their dmg, but now there are 2 parallel paths, but actually wait no cuz they're mostly the same but with some specific exceptions.

this.
    you can use any skill, magicka and stamina, however make sure to put all your points into magicka or stamina, not both because that will limit your dps. and weapon damage and spell damage both work, but whatever you do don't have weapon damage and spell damage enchants on, that's a waste. and be careful which potions you use, you want to make sure they match your jewelry enchantments as well as the resource pool you need regeneration on the most, but not necessarily your max resource pool, that's just there for max damage. you need to check your resource drain, except there are no in build tools to tell you which resource you have the most drain on.
    simple.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Firstmep wrote: »
    My 2 cents is that they probably see, that not enough players interact with new content(dungeons and trials), and that can make the development of those questionable in the long term.
    Another thing is, they probably read thru feedback of ppl complaining about things like mandatory dps for more difficult trials, and though that if they can bring the top end down enough, than those requirements will also lower, and it will be less daunting for less skilled players.
    And of they wanted to make pve rotations simpler, or at least easier to keep up with.

As far as I can tell, their vision is obvious, it's just their execution is problematic.
    For one, they still haven't finished the hybridization changes, and that already confuses newer players, who already didnt know how to scale their dmg, but now there are 2 parallel paths, but actually wait no cuz they're mostly the same but with some specific exceptions.

this.
    you can use any skill, magicka and stamina, however make sure to put all your points into magicka or stamina, not both because that will limit your dps. and weapon damage and spell damage both work, but whatever you do don't have weapon damage and spell damage enchants on, that's a waste. and be careful which potions you use, you want to make sure they match your jewelry enchantments as well as the resource pool you need regeneration on the most, but not necessarily your max resource pool, that's just there for max damage. you need to check your resource drain, except there are no in build tools to tell you which resource you have the most drain on.
    simple.

TLDR they could help liberally everyone if they finished what they started, rather than starting a completely new project.
    We were also promised that morphs will be re-evaluted to better differentiate and so we dont just use the better morph for all skills.
    Still waiting for that patch btw.
    Stam and magplar use 90% the same skills at this point with 2 morph differences, necro is even worse since barely anyone uses the stam morph of blastbones anymore since the mag one just does so much more dmg. And the list goes on..
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What good is a "roadmap" if the Dev's don't stick with their stated plans?

How many times have we seen statements saying they are going to focus on performance or some other aspect of the game and that major balance changes are off the table, only to see them make major balance changes the next PTS?
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    there are still 'class representatives'? i thought those were done away with.
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are still 'class representatives'? i thought those were done away with.

Lousy devs probably forgot to remove those titles.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Given that the community seems to assume the worst whenever most combat changes are announced or even suggested, I'm not sure if publishing a detailed roadmap would sound appealing to a developer.

I agree: I'd also like a more detailed sense of the balance goals and target combat experience going forward. But I can see why we wouldn't get one.

There are valid reasons for the concern when the topic comes up. Too many changes. Many of us are just tired of the constant changes without any clear path before us. We keep trying to learn to play a game but the rules keep changing to the point that it's getting to be not worth the effort.