The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Login Timeout

crscams
crscams
✭✭
My internet is working fine but when I try to log in on the client I get a Login Error and it says login timeout, Please Help!!!
  • Bastmoli
    Bastmoli
    Hello, I have the same issue. I change ma firewall settings but i always have this time out when i try to logon. Thanks for your help dear Customer Support :)
  • crscams
    crscams
    ✭✭
    Bastmoli wrote: »
    Hello, I have the same issue. I change ma firewall settings but i always have this time out when i try to logon. Thanks for your help dear Customer Support :)
    I have been trying to contact them since the release.
  • Psykopig
    Psykopig
    Soul Shriven
    No luck on my end either. Logged out and attempting to log back in, but getting the login timeout error over and over.
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

Players who are attempting to log into The Elder Scrolls Online beta client and receiving the error "Login Error: Login Timeout" should first check the version of the client. The client version should be 1.0.0.953227.

The client version is located in the bottom-left corner of the login screen.

Players who see their client is not Version 1.0.0.953227 should perform the following steps:
    • Close both the game and the launcher
    • Open the game installation directory
    • Open the folder named "Launcher"
    • Inside the "Launcher" folder, there is a folder named "ProgramData"
    • Rename the "ProgramData" folder to "ProgramDataBackup"
    • Open the launcher and download update
    • Click "Play"

Have fun in Tamriel!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • crscams
    crscams
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_LenaicR thank you so much i have been trying for hours.
  • ashenpale
    ashenpale
    I confirmed that I do have the latest version (eso.live.1.0.0.953227) as this is displayed on the login screen. For me, I am still receiving the login timeout issue (Login Error:Login Timeout). I have been trying for around an hour to log in. I assumed maybe it was due to server load. I have not been able to log in successfully even one time.
  • crscams
    crscams
    ✭✭
    @ashenpale load the launcher not the game ESO
  • xtago
    xtago
    ✭✭
    Have the newest version and still can't get in for the past 1 and half hours.

Be due to the ping times being set far too low for oceanic players I think.

Does anyone know what the IP address is for the ESO servers so I can see how bad the ping times are.
  • ashenpale
    ashenpale
    @crscams I am loading the launcher ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe"), clicking the Play button and then see the login screen (this is where I see the version number). After I login, I receive the timeout error.
  • crscams
    crscams
    ✭✭
    @ashenpale it could be a firewall or antivirus software blocking the game.
  • Nyndra
    Nyndra
    Soul Shriven
    @xtago I'm in Aus and I've been playing non-stop since 9pm no dramas.
  • xtago
    xtago
    ✭✭
    Something is blocked or broken

TraceRoute from Network-Tools.com to 198.20.198.110
    Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name
    1 0 0 0 206.123.64.46 -
    2 0 0 0 64.124.196.225 xe-4-2-0.er2.dfw2.us.above.net
    3 3 3 3 192.205.36.13 -
    4 2 3 3 12.122.138.18 cr2.dlstx.ip.att.net
    5 72 71 48 12.122.138.25 ggr3.dlstx.ip.att.net
    6 Timed out Timed out Timed out -
    7 Timed out Timed out Timed out -
    8 Timed out Timed out Destination network unreachable -
    9 Destination network unreachable Destination network unreachable Destination network unreachable -
    Trace aborted.
  • xtago
    xtago
    ✭✭
    Nyndra wrote: »
    @xtago I'm in Aus and I've been playing non-stop since 9pm no dramas.

Haven't gotten anywhere I was playing a stream and the people playing the game were saying some people can't get on either.
  • ashenpale
    ashenpale
    crscams wrote: »
    @ashenpale it could be a firewall or antivirus software blocking the game.

I temporarily disabled my firewall just to test out that it wasn't being blocked and I am still receiving the timeout issue.

• Bastmoli
    Bastmoli
    Thanks for the information, renaming the folder "ProgramData" and downloading the files fixed the issue for me. Thanks for your help :)
  • Jhogo
    Jhogo
    Hi folks,

Players who are attempting to log into The Elder Scrolls Online beta client and receiving the error "Login Error: Login Timeout" should first check the version of the client. The client version should be 1.0.0.953227.

The client version is located in the bottom-left corner of the login screen.

Players who see their client is not Version 1.0.0.953227 should perform the following steps:
    • Close both the game and the launcher
    • Open the game installation directory
    • Open the folder named "Launcher"
    • Inside the "Launcher" folder, there is a folder named "ProgramData"
    • Rename the "ProgramData" folder to "ProgramDataBackup"
    • Open the launcher and download update
    • Click "Play"

Have fun in Tamriel!

It did not work for me. I have now a folder ProgramDataBackup as i renamed the one. The strange is that there is still a another folder called ProgramData .
    What should i do?

• Jhogo
    Jhogo
    Any idea what i am doing with these two folders. Should i delete one ?

EDIT: I am sorry but i have just realised that it was an old thread since the 30th of March. What would you suggest me to do with the two folder i have now. Should i leave both of them? Or delete the backup one?
    Edited by Jhogo on April 7, 2014 7:49PM
  • Bloodsip
    Bloodsip
    ✭✭
    Did not work. It added another ProgramData folder. The launcher didn't download anything new and it still want me to Install the game again and it wants 60 GIG.
    When I click on the game .exe file, my version number did not change.
  • christian.griffinb16_ESO
    I'd love to repair or launch with the launcher, sadly your poorly-coded POS software literally deleted itself from my hard drive (seriously, the .exe file for the launcher is completely gone).

Looks like I'm reinstalling the whole game. And to whom should I send the bill for the internet usage?
  • Jhogo
    Jhogo
    I am sorry but as i added in my previous post, this was a solution for an issue on 30th of March. My mistake. Any idea what we are doing with these two folders now? Should we delete one of those?
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to repair or launch with the launcher, sadly your poorly-coded POS software literally deleted itself from my hard drive (seriously, the .exe file for the launcher is completely gone).

Looks like I'm reinstalling the whole game. And to whom should I send the bill for the internet usage?
    Yourself, sensible people have BACKUPS of their systems.
  • Morthur
    Morthur
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Morthur on April 28, 2014 12:08PM
  • christian.griffinb16_ESO
    KerinKor wrote: »

Yourself, sensible people have BACKUPS of their systems.

Wow, how stupid are you?

I HAVE backups. I don't back them up every twelve *** hours, you imbecile, I only installed this game Saturday. Last backup: Wednesday.

Regardless of your imbecilic notion that every single human being with a computer has (or can afford) a backup, the fact remains that this is a 20+ GB file that Zenimax has now forced me to download twice, because they are terrible. If this happens again I'll go over my usage for the month. And that will be 100% Zenimax's fault. Accepting a fatal error has acceptable because 'most people have backups' is perhaps the single dumbest thing I've ever heard uttered.

• Qutzy
    Qutzy
    HELLO, anyone still having this problem, i tried everything said above then eventually just opened my launcher... the thing needed to update. now playing happily
  • smidz
    smidz
    I'm having trouble, tried the renaming technique, didn't work, tried updating launcher didn't work, tried even reinstalling, didn't work. Any suggestions?
  • PatrickSwagzy
    somehow my client was at a higher version... am I a wizard?
  • Mamyri
    Mamyri
    I've tried every technique. I was able to play until today and now I can't even log in. The launcher is clearly broken and has been for days but now its not even downloading the latest patch, it just wants me to install the entire game. I clicked install and nothing happened.
  • mr.barakas_ESO
    POSSIBLE PROBLEM FIX:

Following directions from another thread for a similar problem that happened back on the 30th...

1) I renamed the ProgramData folder in the Launcher folder to 'ProgramData_Backup'.

2) I then restarted the launcher which downloaded a new ProgramData folder.

3) I clicked on Play and this time when I tried logging in it actually worked.
  • MrMalicious
    Mine gave me a patch error after renaming the folder.. Now going through a repair for a 2nd time in 20 minutes. Let's see if it downloads the proper stuff and works this time.