The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feedback for Zeal of Zenithar Event

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Less forced inventory clutter, please.

Beyond what's been said about keys, which I greatly agree with, I wound up with a stolen group repair kit, which cannot be laundered!!!
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed experience.

You made an event that celebrated hard work, but not in a roleplay kind of way. It was rewarding, but not fun.

The discounts incentivised my main account to unlock loads of collectibles, houses, horses, antiquities, imperial city polymorphs, and the nice new outfit style. It motivated me to grind some levels on my new account on the other server... It was all a grind.

Credit to Zos though, I had none of the past server issues going to Belkarth, and it was damn classy to offer an ESO+ trial for the latter half of an inventory management event.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Now that Zeal of Zenithar has wrapped up, we wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to provide feedback.

Thanks to everyone who has provided feedback so far.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the decorations and stuff like that were pretty neat. would like more of that for new life and witches festival, and furnishings already exist
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would like to see it again. It was fun. Though maybe more events with other divines
  • QueuesAsTanks
    QueuesAsTanks
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. It was very cool to see Belkarth turned into a festival, and the rewards circulated a lot of recipes that I wouldn't have picked up otherwise. Thanks!
  • RichestGuyinEso
    RichestGuyinEso
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the event a lot! Basically everything around this event I liked, finally some love for trading aspects of the game. Having it in Belkarth was a great idea.
    EU PC - Independent Trading Team (ITT) - Biggest Trading Alliance on server - great community and discord - join now!
    Just contact me ingame @RichestGuyinEso
  • lpfan678
    lpfan678
    ✭✭✭
    Overall I liked the event a lot. Non-combat oriented incentives was nice. The event hub was pretty cool, but I wish the vendors actually sold stuff. It was a prime opportunity to sell rare stuff and would have fit the event well. The zone-specific events like giving the NPC the radish to offer as tribute was confusing and tedious. I ended up seeing a lot of them across multiple characters and I wasn't able to figure out how to use most of the items / "buffs."

As for the rewards, the PvP items and keys were pretty useless for a PvE only player. I would much rather they have been fragments for pets, style pages, etc, or just crafting materials in general.
  • Chamillex
    Chamillex
    Soul Shriven
    I’m not a big fan of events that force you to group up for rewards except for undaunted. As there’s a queue for that! The world boss quests are super buggy (unable to pick up all quest items if someone started without everyone being close enough) so grouping up for them can be a terrible experience of redos and confusion.
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a okay event. I would of like double XP as well like some others in this thread. I really wish there would of been motif drops since Zennithar is the God of thr forge and commerce. Also I didn't understand the whole kill world bosses with guildmates. From a lore standpoint that makes no sense to me. I would of also like to have seen parcels from any crafting related quests including dailies even though I know the jubilee does that. All in all it was okay. Oh and I think mudding up the impersaio store with those companion skill boosts was kinda unneeded. Would of preferred more actual tangible things to buy. Jubilee and New Year is still my favorite.
    Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • Sharktoes
    Sharktoes
    ✭✭✭
    I've given feedback already, however as I've thought more about it, I'd like to add some additional thoughts.

I appreciate that the event wasn't all consuming. Realistically, there was one quest to do to get all your tickets. And said quest "required" doing things most people will do every day during their normal game play. I can see that as a positive and a negative. I did appreciate that I didn't have to jump through hoops to get my 3 tickets.

I appreciate the gold discount on purchasable items and shrines. As a housing enthusiast, being able to save a couple million gold buying up houses was a nice perk. Especially with how expensive decorating is due to rarity of drops like heartwood or mundane runes. Having the discount apply to the golden and luxury vendors was very nice as well.

I strongly DISLIKE that the event seemed to focus on inventory bloat. Keys not stacking if they are from different colored boxes (ie. a gold box as opposed to a purple box) is awful. Keys being character bound and not bankable is also in poor form. Having items that cannot be laundered seems like its an oversight, however there has been no comment from ZoS regarding the issue is disturbing (but not unexpected). The fact that research scrolls that come from stolen Zenithar boxes cannot be laundered, thereby making it so you can't even use them on a toon that may need them is absolutely maddening. No one likes the feeling of having to delete a gold reward.

I appreciate that the ESO+ free trial happened in the middle of the event AND extended after the event. I already had ESO+ running, however several of my friends had been lamenting the inventory struggle due to the keys, repair kids, and scrolls not stacking.

All in all, I would say the event is fine, though it could definitely use some work for the future.
  • shalalaA7X
    shalalaA7X
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn’t launder a research scroll I got from a stolen event box.
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cons:
    1. Trash rewards even from gold crates. Not much motivation to do.
    2. One questgiver, location is a fesival of freezes, loadscreens, black characters etc. I cannot come and take quest. I have to come and then wait for everything around to load, npc to load, and only then take quest. And then repeat to finish quest.
    3. Now I have to clean guild bank from rubbish... sorry, from event revards

Pros:
    1. No bad feeling about missing half of the event - revards are trash anyway...
    Edited by Ratinira on July 12, 2022 3:05PM
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overall I liked the event. I even liked the incentive to group up with guild members to do content even though I thought it'd be annoying. HOWEVER, there needed to be more, reliable, ways to get any event boxes outside of grouping or master writs. I'd have changed it so that gold boxes were always rewarded from group content and purple boxes were rewarded from non-guild-grouped/solo content - so better rewards if you group up but still some rewards if you do the featured content but solo or without a guild.

There were also some issues, as others pointed out, with items not stacking, not being bankable, and not being able to be laundered when acquired through one of the few solo-play acquisition opportunities. These need to be addressed if this event is going to come back in the future (which I really hope it does!) There is no reason to make keys non-bankable, key fragments are already bankable keys should be treated the same. All of it needs to be launderable so it stacks with the other items and is bankable. ESO already gets flack for having an unhealthy amount of inventory-management-the-game in it, this just adds to it unnecessarily.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Now that Zeal of Zenithar has wrapped up, we wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to provide feedback.

Loved pretty much everything about the event.

Off-topic but I'm just gonna post it everywhere until patch is out:
    - LA nerf coming up = no problem
    - - Massive overall DPS nerf is really bad
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the event aside from the inventory bloat. I thought the event got people into new activities, albeit briefly, and the commerce theme was especially profitable for me. Perhaps a greater focus on forging items would be better next time, that way solo players have more avenues to earn things outside of master writs.

The keys became noise to me after a while. There's gotta be a better way to handle that - maybe a currency next time. The game already suffers from inventory management issues, so I'd like to see a general key that's treated better and has more applications.
  • Thretion
    Thretion
    ✭✭✭
    Boring and not rewarding. Random quests in overland interesting, but rare and not rewarding. Indriks expensive. Guild lock for content - worst decision. So 4/10 for me.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't enjoying myself. It felt like a chore (yeah yeah, hardwork and all that), but why put a cooldown on event style pages? I had an internet outage for 5 days during this event and because of the cooldown to the motif, which btw should absolutely be communicated to the players, I was stressing over trying to get a page every day as I was behind on tickets too. The drop rate also wasn't the most generous and I ended up having to do the daily on multiple characters.

The rewards were awful, but at least the timing of the ESO+ free trial was handy so that you would be able to keep most of the materials. You've made it a point that companion gear does not drop unless you have a companion out. Please do not clutter up the inventories of players who do not wish to engage with the companion by having companion gear drop in these boxes.
    The loot table for the provisioning recipes was a positive though and I've obtained several recipes and rare furnishing blueprints from this event.
    Oh and please don't give out Imperial City vault keys. If you are planning on that at least make the vault keys bound and not character bound. I hated having to take my crafter and healer to Imperial City just to get ganked by people camping the vault doors, which your design of this event invited them to do.

Although I get that this event was designed to bring people together, all of my guilds have died over the years and I did not bring myself to leave them, so please don't force people to group up with guild members - just have it be people who are grouped. Don't force people who do not wish to be social to be social.

I rate this event 5/10. It got points for novelty, theme and these random NPC encounters even if they were a bit pointless.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't a fan of all the group requirements. Yes I Know it's an MMO, but it often takes coordination to group up with people consistently and doing it every day for farming is a bit much - but I appreciate that there were other ways to earn boxes at least.

The keys not being bankable was a bad move. It's mostly just an annoyance to have to go back and forth , queue in, with various characters just to unlock a mediocre chest. And none of the fact that its IC bothers me personally, which I know makes it another pain point for some. (Some of the same keys didn't even stack for me).
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All junk (inventory bloat)
    no substance
    :(
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Dayhjawk
    Dayhjawk
    ✭✭✭
    Keys should been account bound (so we can bank or move to alts) instead of character bound.
    Event post said surveys would drop... surveys never dropped! Making sure that it's not bugged, or the original post has accurate information!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I said this already, but only 1 reward for daily crafting? 1? Really?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • PrincessOfThieves
    PrincessOfThieves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really liked the new festival area in Craglorn and the new indrik vendor. I wasn't very lucky with the rewards, though. I got a lot of blue provisioning recipes, but all of them were low level so I don't have much use for them. I think it would've been better if we could get random motifs instead.
    Oh, and please make other old event rewards available for newer players! :) The old Jubilee cakes are lovely, it's a shame you can't get them if you don't have the memento version.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you enjoying the event so far?
    What have you liked so far about Zeal of Zenithar?
    Has anything been confusing?
    Anything you wish was different?
    Any additional thoughts?
    Sharktoes wrote: »
    I've given feedback already, however as I've thought more about it, I'd like to add some additional thoughts.

I appreciate that the event wasn't all consuming. Realistically, there was one quest to do to get all your tickets. And said quest "required" doing things most people will do every day during their normal game play. I can see that as a positive and a negative. I did appreciate that I didn't have to jump through hoops to get my 3 tickets.

I appreciate the gold discount on purchasable items and shrines. As a housing enthusiast, being able to save a couple million gold buying up houses was a nice perk. Especially with how expensive decorating is due to rarity of drops like heartwood or mundane runes. Having the discount apply to the golden and luxury vendors was very nice as well.

I strongly DISLIKE that the event seemed to focus on inventory bloat. Keys not stacking if they are from different colored boxes (ie. a gold box as opposed to a purple box) is awful. Keys being character bound and not bankable is also in poor form. Having items that cannot be laundered seems like its an oversight, however there has been no comment from ZoS regarding the issue is disturbing (but not unexpected). The fact that research scrolls that come from stolen Zenithar boxes cannot be laundered, thereby making it so you can't even use them on a toon that may need them is absolutely maddening. No one likes the feeling of having to delete a gold reward.

I appreciate that the ESO+ free trial happened in the middle of the event AND extended after the event. I already had ESO+ running, however several of my friends had been lamenting the inventory struggle due to the keys, repair kids, and scrolls not stacking.

All in all, I would say the event is fine, though it could definitely use some work for the future.

I agree with a lot of this.

The tickets were accessible to all characters by finding a chest or trove to open.

The guild grouping seemed to be appreciated by my guildies and various runs were coordinated.

The indrik vendor was appreciated. I managed to complete a couple fragment collections and grab a few of the pets I missed.

I liked the carnival atmosphere in Belkarth. I hope Zanil the lux vendor moves to Belkarth. Coldharbour isn't readily accessible to all players.

The vendor and wayshrine discounts were really good. I picked up a few new houses and converted my tiny hoard of Tel Var into Prism runes for future sealed writs.

The crafting writ bonus box is good. However, after doing a hundred or so sealed writs, I found the rewards didn't justify giving up the millions of xp I would have earned if I did my sealed writs during a double xp event.

The inventory bloat was awful. Most people know of my distain of non-stackable treasure maps but character-bound keys were much worse. I found in one case one key wouldn't stack with the others with the same name. I don't normally collect these keys but I can't imagine they stack in quantities less than 10. I had to be cautious to collect my tickets on a character that would be able to claim the keys later. By the end of the event, I had to split up my crafting writs on my main so I would have enough inventory room for the writ items.

I hope the vendor discount stuff becomes an annual event.

Thanks.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Octarinewolf
    Octarinewolf
    ✭✭
    [*] Are you enjoying the event so far?

I'd rather have had a rerun of the Mirkmire event or a High Isle Explorer event.

[*] What have you liked so far about Zeal of Zenithar?

That in theory it was an event about crafting.
    The discount on houses.

[*] Has anything been confusing?

That some rewards can't be laundered.
    That for an event about crafting many ofthe rewards require the charachter that opened the box (and due to the master wits dropping reward boxes, not likely to be a PvP character) going into PvP zones.

That there was an unannounced cooldown on receiving Style Pages, that wasn't accompanied by a lock out of already received pages.

That theft was a way of completing the daily quest but doing daily crafting writs (i.e. Zenithar like toil) wasn't.

It seemed more a Fighters Guild event by the way the boxes were rewarded than a Zenithar event.

[*] Anything you wish was different?

Copies of the Imperial City Vault chests in Craglorn, so crafter charachters don't have to go and die/pump up the metrics for PvP

Having the various furnishing items that have been available for tickets available rather than Companion Guild rank upgrades.
    Or having Companion leveling upgrades instead. Companion skills are now easy enough to upgrade compared with the slog that is the higher companion levels.

Purple boxes for all daily crafting writs rather than just the first.
    The Daily Quest working like others, i.e. you can hand in and then start the same daily quest each day.

[*] Any additional thoughts?

There is too much concentration on PvP in the events. Mirkmire hasn't been rerun and there has been no way to complete the Gravestake fragments that were near impossible to do the first time.

Rather than yet more Midyear/Whitestrake's mayhem, could we have something that does not burn my spoons by forcing entry into PvP areas.

• Maximilian
    Maximilian
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Enjoyed it very much, and thank you for inquiring
  • Anyammis
    Anyammis
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the event itself overall. It was low stress and low commitment and felt very casual and with other games I play also doing events, it was nice from a time management standpoint to just relax. I do wish the world events were easier to get, since I didn't see many of them compared to other friends (I don't know if I was unlucky or just not exploring the right areas).

The gold discount was nice. I bought my final in game houses via gold with this event. I also got some of the telvar styles at a nice discount. These kind of rewards/perks for the event were nice to see-some reward we haven't seen before that also has lore relevance to Zenithar.

I disliked the inventory bloat/bugs. As much as I liked the keys, them not stacking has pinched my main character's inventory since I want to save them for when I need something new out of one of those treasure vaults (new ic styles or monster helms), but that means I am now -10 inventory slots since several of the keys did not stack correclty if from alternative sources (please fix this in the code if you can, this is a longstanding bug with other items like even potions from separate players in the same inventory and it's always been annoying). Treasure chests requiring you to have one unique version of them is another old pain point made worse during the event. We've asked for years to have treasure chests stack and behave like surveys.

The rewards also sometimes felt lackluster and not worth. The article for the event said you could get a rare chance to have a pouch that contained 100,000 gold or telvar, but I nor anyone of my friends or guildies reported getting this. I did 800 writs and also got boxes from other sources and none of them had this reward, so it either wasn't dropping correctly or the droprate was way too low. While the keys and recipes for alts were nice, I have had research on my account capped for two years and so research scrolls are definitely inventory bloat again if I can't use or sell them (would be more exciting if I had a new character that could use them or if they were easier to turn a profit with). I think the main thing is there are rewards that crafters might enjoy more that were not in the boxes, and rewards in the boxes that are useless to very established crafters. I know that not everyone has an 18/18 maxed crafters account, and those are probably happy with the research scrolls, but more variety for people at different stages of their eso journey would be nice.

Overall I liked the event and would love to see it again, but I think that some things need changed beforehand, especially in regards to rewards for the event.
    PC NA
    GM of Eyes of the Queen
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was a terrific event. Belkarth had the feel of a festival, and every guild I am in was forming groups for Harrowstorms/ Vents, etc. Everyone I know enjoyed this.

The rewards level was just about right, too. The bundles gave us a bit of that lootboxy dopamine rush because there was some good loot in there. It wasn't so generous that I felt compelled to play 24-7, though.

Whoever designed this event deserves a pat on the back.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the event had double XP and was more solo-friendly.
  • Brightuatha
    Brightuatha
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome event! Please bring it back annually