The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feedback for Zeal of Zenithar Event

• Dayhjawk
    Dayhjawk
    ✭✭✭
    Are you enjoying the event so far?

A little

What have you liked so far about Zeal of Zenithar?

The rewards (telvar)

Has anything been confusing?

Nope

Anything you wish was different?

The keys were bound, so you could put into the bank and move to a character of your choosing to use them on, or save for later, inventory space.

Any additional thoughts?

Would have been nice, if you could get a box on bosses in trials with at least one person in your guild, and same for running dungeons/pledges.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things:

1.It is imho not "okay" that in this event there is a "grouped" condition for better loot when fighting a world boss / world event.

Not only you have to be in a group, but also it has to be a player from the same guild as you. This means that there are um... "double standards" and players who "play as they want" and like the social aspect of an MMO have preferential treatment vs other players who also "play as they want" and they play solo, but they have worse reward for the same effort & same content.

That means all those solo players who arguably constitute a large chunk of the player base are left with crafting quests & master crafting writs (which are very limited since those require a consumable item to start a quest) as the only reasonable way to obtain event boxes.

This contradicts the game iconic "play as they want" motto.

2. I find unacceptable, and hopefully it will be addressed in future events - there is no information about new motif page (High Rock Spellsword outfit style) to have a hidden "once per day" drop rate. I have not found any information about it in the official event post.

Overall, the event is quite fun, but hey - you asked for feedback - so this is mine. It is not like those 2 points are a big deal and those spoil the even or something - but there is a room for improvement.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 5, 2022 9:18PM
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tl;dr - The overall idea for the event was a good one. The details of the way it was executed influenced me to largely opt out after just two days.

Pros:
    Selling the companion leveling tokens for event tickets is a great addition.
    An event that encourages guild group participation aimed at casuals is also welcome.
    The style pages are okay - not really my taste, but nice.

Cons:
    The rewards are sub-par and seem to be aimed at inventory bloat. After opening 50 purple boxes or so, I stopped farming them. After opening 20 or so yellow boxes (multiple accounts, EU and NA server) I largely stopped farming them as well. By day two, I was only doing the quest to get event tickets and that only on 1-2 accounts for the companion level rewards.

Rewarding non-stacking, character bound, keys to IC was poorly considered. The consensus in guild chat was that it seemed like trolling.

Limiting boxes to the top DPS players largely ruined the guild collaboration attempts in which I participated. Those guilds that attempted it and got lots of players to join, quickly lost group member because group size plus randoms in zone meant that some in group never got boxes. This especially penalized new players, and many of them left the group as they realized 1) they wouldn't get boxes 2) nobody else in the group cared. Thus the good intention of guild grouping left new players with a bad taste for guilds.

The daily quest requiring that we pray (or have someone pray for us) to some imaginary god each and every day is offensive - probably both to atheists as well as to those with religious convictions. Doing it once for the whole event would have been annoying but perhaps appropriate for the lore. Repeating it each day? Bleh.
  • TmzOS
    TmzOS
    ✭✭
    Nice event buffs and rewards, but a nightmare if you don't have empty space for too many style mats and keys. At some point you will be forced to throw away things.
  • averyfarmanb14_ESO
    averyfarmanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Overall, yes.

The crafting aspects, as well as the whole "Award-Winning Radish" bit, allowing me to finish up the encounter achievements in other zones.

Discovering the "Award-Winning Radish" bit was a bit "hit or miss." Also, reintroducing the obsolete (and character-bound) vault keys without any explanation confused newer players.

• Some form of interaction with the dozens of NPCs at the Craglorn event site would've been more immersive.
    • A higher loot drop rate, so that we don't have roving gangs of guilds decimating the landscape in their need to grind content & farm Parcels.
    • A bit more variation in the daily quest itself - for the most part, the daily Parcel quest is "get quest, find chest" and that's about it.
    Any additional thoughts?
    More than a few, but writing a wall of text helps no one.
  • averyfarmanb14_ESO
    averyfarmanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    PunkAben wrote: »
    I am confused about the key we get ;)
    Carved-bone key, Clawed Key, Daedric Key, Daedric Shackles Key, Ethereal Key...
    I feel it is some from a past time and they are charater bound so hard to stack in the bank so only cost me time to delete these keys.
    You're gonna hate yourself for that. 1 key = 60 key fragments, with the difference being that the keys are for specific Imperial City vaults & character bound, while key fragments are for any Imperial City vault. Each time you delete a key, you're deleting a chance at monster set loot...

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PunkAben wrote: »
    I am confused about the key we get ;)
    Carved-bone key, Clawed Key, Daedric Key, Daedric Shackles Key, Ethereal Key...
    I feel it is some from a past time and they are charater bound so hard to stack in the bank so only cost me time to delete these keys.
    You're gonna hate yourself for that. 1 key = 60 key fragments, with the difference being that the keys are for specific Imperial City vaults & character bound, while key fragments are for any Imperial City vault. Each time you delete a key, you're deleting a chance at monster set loot...

For dedicated PVE players not interested in PVP, I would suggest keeping the Daedric Shackles and Daedric Embers keys.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • waigorrun
    waigorrun
    I really like the random encounters out in the wild. But I especially like how you've put recurring NPC's in the Zenithar Festival enclave. SO far I've found Razzum Dar and Gwendis. I find myself returning just to see who else I can find.

I would however like to know what the buff we receive for the random encounters does. Its a unnerving mystery...
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's fine and something new, don't feel pressured for a participation and easily completable ticket source is a nice thing.

Structural additions to the base Craglorn zone, random events/encounters, or even introduction quest having a boss attached to it is a nice touch, especially as it's not dying in two hits like any other quest one. That is generally a nice addition to any event so far.

Not really as have a habit of checking event article for details and have a general understanding of how events structured.

Probably making style pages etc. drop without a 20h cooldown making it a pain to track, less "trash" items in parcels in favour of more "usable" ones or at the very least for materials to drop for your crafting level.

Any additional thoughts?
    Overall it's a nice change of paste but needs fine tuning, it would be ultimately better to go with a festival manner rather than a "grind for a ticket" one where people are in a hurry or having a fear of missing out for example. A fun holiday with some bonuses for activity of choice like that is fine.
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    The open-world events are great, and I'd like to see a lot more of this. Actual life in Tamriel instead of the same few Hunters who don't say anything, or merchant ambushes.

Boss drops capping at 12 has always been bad, and now it's just awful for people who want loot boxes. Every boss should drop loot for everyone who participates, not just top 12. Solos should be able to get boxes, as well. Even those in guilds don't always want to get people together.

The keys not stacking, stolen ones can't be laundered, and being Character Bound instead of Bound is just awful. I don't even know if I'll bother collecting them, they're just the worst loot ever.

Having a single event location instead of, say, 1 per faction, is pretty crowded and slow to load in.
    I finally found Gwendis & Naryu, dunno if there's anyone else there because the NPCs load last. Their dialogue isn't all that customized for what you've done, but it's something.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • IldaraFathryon
    IldaraFathryon
    ✭✭✭
    I would have liked to see this event get its own subcategory of achievements in the way that the Witches/New Life/Jester Festivals and Midyear Mayhem do, but beyond that, I have enjoyed this event a lot, the quest hub really feels alive, and is wonderfully laid out.

If there are plans for more future events centred around in-universe celebrations like this one, I think that can only be a positive.
    PC | EU | EP
    MagPlarDD/StamplarTank- Ildara Fathryon, Flawless Conqueror
    StamDragonknight Tank - Timaeus Fathryon, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer

vAA HM (MT, OT, DD)
    vSO HM (MT, OT, DD)
    vHRC HM (MT, OT)
    vDSA (T)
    vMoL HM/Speedrun/Fang Focused (MT, OT)
    vHoF TTT (MT)
    vAS+2 (MT, OT)
    vCR+3 (OT)
    vSS HM (OT)
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is just an event that comes and goes @ZOS_Kevin.

Oakensoul on the other hand is a set that stays and continues to affect players badly in PvP.
    I suggest you start a thread to collect feedback on that one instead while you still have players in PvP areas.

• LINCARD1000
    LINCARD1000
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoying the event?

Absolutely - aside from a few tweaks that others have already mentioned I think you folks have done a really good job of it. Always nice to see cooperation and good will amongst the other members of the guilds you're in to get goodies (if such things are of interest to a particular player) :-)

Liked so far?

That whole setup in Craglorn is very cool I have to say. It does make the place feel alive. The way you've structured options for those folks to get event tickets is very well thought out as well. And finally some relief to those of us who have been hoarding master writs for months now in preparation for the event ;-)

Anything confusing?

Not hugely, other than some of the 'hidden' things like prize winning radishes etc and how you use them. Some explanation of cooldown timers on certain things might be useful for newer players or even seasoned players who aren't familiar with the mechanics.

Wish anything was different?

Stackable, tradeable, possibly sellable monster-key thingies? As others have said, be nice to give them all to one or more specific characters who might be better suited to surviving PvP zones. And perhaps tweak things so that players who prefer a more lone playstyle (or low level or low damage characters) don't end up being disadvantaged when it comes to looting goodies from the various bosses. Oh, and yeah, spread it out a bit perhaps? Rather than only one location, have one in each of the alliance capitals or something. Might help with the load. Others have already said all this so basically just ^^ this^^ ;-)

No other comments really - I think by and large it's already a great event and with some minor tweaking to some of the points multiple people have raised, it could be even sweeter. Thanks folks!
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a pvp player I wish there was an option to do hard work in cyrodiil as well. But it has been nice to do my master writs.

I like the mystery of getting the boxes from many different sources. I love that new and casual players are encouraged to join guilds it really opens up the game tremendously when you join a guild. There is so sooo much to learn from this game that is only learned from other players. It also creates a bond where your guilds feel like family.

How to get tickets and different types of boxes could have been introduced better. Also, the bound keys were a surprise.

You need to be able to put the keys in your bank, making them character bound is a nightmare. I wish the boxes gave more consistent rewards instead of junk half the time.

Any additional thoughts?
    I think this event is a good idea but could fleshed out some more. I think the rewards could be better. I like that the indrek vendor is back.
    Edited by SimonThesis on July 6, 2022 2:12AM
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    its great so far, but we need Arox and Madame Whim over there. :D

not great (as always): secret hidden cooldows.
    • nothing is more annoying than realizing that after hours of farming you didn't even had a chance to drop it

• cooldowns in general are bad imo, but if not shown ingame and unknown its frustrating
    • if i do something 100 times, give me 100 times an equal chance on whatever it is
    • if you dont wanna flood the market, just give let them drop in the golden box and tell us

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overall, yes.

Loot

The open world encounters. Their purpose is unclear and there are far too few of them. In 7 hours overground adventuring yesterday I had one encounter.

If Naryu can't speak about what actually happened in the game she should not be at the event site (unless we can stab her for betrayal).

Any additional thoughts?
    The event discriminates unfairly against players who don't guild or group.
    PC EU
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Positive: I've had a pretty good time so far. I did a ton of master writs the first day and got a whole heap of blue recipes I didn't know. I absolutely love learning new recipes/patterns/diagrams etc so that was great. I have no problems with the loot pool from coffers given that they can be relatively easily acquired. The random encounters have been interesting although I can't seem to meet the radish guy which means the poor sod who can only offer Zenithar coins is not having a good time.

I like that coffers can be earned pretty quickly by running dolmen or WB loops with guildmates. I also like that the daily quest is pretty easy to do, as any overland chest or antiquity works and those are quick and simple. I also like the festival grounds, they're very atmospheric and full of life. Simply put, this is an event where it is not difficult or time-consuming to earn the event tickets and also not difficult to grind out coffers if you so desire (although can be unfairly limited, which I will get to), which is really exactly what I want from an event.

Less positive: The festival grounds are very crowded and it can be hard to spot NPCs - I've only seen Eveli there so far, which is a bit of a bummer as I was looking forward to seeing the Ravenwatch. But I really like seeing old friends again, even the dead ones via the Imperial Old Life ritual, so I'm glad this is a thing at all.

Suggestion: We do tend to see the same characters popping up all the time. I'd like to see some lesser known characters from smaller side quests who can update us on their life since we last saw them.

I don't like vault keys being character bound and group repair kits from stealing not being launderable. My level 12 doesn't need group repair kits and with my character-murdering tendencies may never live to see level 50, and loot found in the vaults will be entirely useless at that level except for collections. I would like to see those be account bound and launderable.

Suggestion: Put the loot coffers in the end chest at dolmens rather than on the corpse of the boss. This is an event where you're being encouraged to group with guildmates, but then you're punished for doing content with too many people if you don't do enough damage or whatever to be able to loot the boss at the end. Or just make the coffers mandatory drops for anyone who got a hit in at all.

Suggestion: Have coffers drop from repairing in Cyrodiil. Doors, walls, bridges, milegates, siege - Zenithar is the Divine of toil, so give the folks who run around patching things up while others shed the blood a reward for their labour. Perhaps every 75k points repaired so it's not too lucrative?
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • honestaly
    honestaly
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    • Are you enjoying the event so far?
    • What have you liked so far about Zeal of Zenithar?
    • Has anything been confusing?
    • Anything you wish was different?
    • Any additional thoughts?

The event is pretty good. Of course you put it across a US holiday, so I have to sneak it in while on vacation.

I always love new style pages.

The drop rate of the high rock style pages. For the last two days, even after opening 20 boxes, no style pages.

I wish keys were either sellable or account bound. I have them stuck all over the place which is annoying.

While not part of this event I wish event runeboxes stacked and could go in the bank like style pages can now.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's ok (that would be high praise from me, just fyi). Have to admit that when I saw the new event announced (never had time to check it out on pts) my first thought was "not another one" (event fatigue) but it has been less grindy. Not sure if it's because it's new and that novelty will wear off. Was super-glad the 'collect the maple' log was available to all - when I initially saw that fetch quest, given past experience with flawed events, I expected there to be long queues of arguing players waiting for a single item to respawn so was pleasantly surprised that the devs had finally listened and implemented it for access to all simultaneously.
    Simplicity: it's relatively easy to find and the related quests are mostly non-tedious. Re-introducing indrik availability is handy as I had incomplete sets of berries. The fast-levelling for companion guilds on offer from the impressario is decent, too.
    [edit]cheap wayshrine travel = good[/edit].
    Location of Fasaria (toil quest-giver) when busy - visual noise/pet pollution from other players makes it difficult to see/target npc. A toggle switch to turn off other players' pets visibility would be welcomed(this active at all times!). But specifically make Fasaria more visible, maybe like the glow of the golden vendor in cyrodiil.
    The intro quest npc dialogue is too slow for subsequent characters. There should be a way to shortcut that slow conversation and walk of the start-quest giver baked apples guy (don't recall his name) for subsequent characters or simply and optionally unlock the event for all characters once one has done it.
    Any additional thoughts?
    Not all master writs drop zenithar event boxes - only master writs from craft dailies work in this regard; master writs from other events (like witches or imperial/new life ones) don't drop zenithar boxes on completion. If the idea behind the zenithar event is to 'reward work' then surely all master writs should be treated the same for this event, regardless of their origin and particularly given the grind involved in getting some of those other event master writs.

I think for future zenithar events building in the reward/anti-thievery aspect of Zenithar might be arguably more interesting: so, maybe, double npc vigilance, double bounty if caught during the event - but good/double rewards if successful(i.e zero bounty). On the same note given that Zenithar priest frown on bloodshed & giblets it might be interesting to treat the arenas etc similarly: make a 'veteran' option with tougher world-bosses, arena content etc but with double rewards, or just have running vet content drop double rewards.

The 5k other guild trade thing was kind of meh. Trading isn't my end-game but I know plenty of players for whom it is - maybe make the event a little more orientated towards that demographic to reflect the zenithar lore?

Since this refers to other events/future events going forward - please stop locking event only motifs behind ticket paywall(not referring to zenithar event - yet) - worm cult motif was rare enough before but putting the motifs in grab bags sucks. The hollowjack motif current solution (having an event writ that guarantees a motif drop) is a MUCH better implementation. But maybe also add current non-motif grab bags(styles, skins...) from other/previous events to the indrik impressario or create another npc with those.

Edited by deleted221106-002999 on July 6, 2022 6:53PM
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi All! Now that many of you have taken some time to play the Zeal of Zenithar event, we wanted to get initial feedback on the event from players.
    • Are you enjoying the event so far?
    • What have you liked so far about Zeal of Zenithar?
    • Has anything been confusing?
    • Anything you wish was different?
    • Any additional thoughts?
    The plan is to share this feedback with the events team for their consideration for future iterations of this event. Thanks everyone for your feedback!

let me see,
    Am I enjoying the event... a bit, not the worst event, but not the best...

I like the idea that this event is based on "Work", but it only rewards some work, Master Writs are rewarded, but the work to get them and be able to do them is not.

I can, in my mind at least, find "Work" in every activity we do... the thief sneaking up to relieve a person (victim?) of an object is the work of that thief...

Killing the enemy, taking their keeps and elder scrolls in Cyrodiil is the work of the PvPer...and so on.

While the event is not confusing, it could be more rewarding, I am not saying every action that could be deemed work should always be rewarded, but everyone should have the chance of rewards. That some (like Master Writs or Killing Boss mobs in a group with a guild mate) are always rewarded is fine, but the lesser workings (daily crafting writs, killing a boss while not grouped and so on) should also have a chance to be rewarded, all work is worthy of Zenithar's blessings.

if you wish to limit the rewards, and based on the activities required on the daily quest, leveling or gaining a CP point, digging up an antiquity, opening a treasure chest or leveling your companion are valuable work efforts and honor Zenithar and are rewarded, may they always have a chance to be rewarded but only once that quest has been completed for the day... I am currently not doing the quest on all 17 of my characters, in fact I normally do it 1 time to get the tickets, but if I had a chance to get more rewards by doing the quest on every character (before I do the daily crafting writs) then that would be an option for me... I can do the quest on any of my toons easy enough, get the quest, dig up a free antiquity (green) and I am done... no, I don't want to see limits like this, but I am exploring options...
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuff I like:

Quick tickets without mandatory loading screens. New Life and the Jester’s Festival tend to be pretty slow for the amount of rewards provided, because of the crowds and the loading screens involved. With Zeal of Zenithar, the fact that I can start the quest and walk five paces to visit a guild trader is greatly appreciated.

Multiple sources of boxes. It’s nice having extra chances to get the main prize even if the first attempt is unlucky.

One source of tickets. Events feel more like chores when the tickets are split between multiple activities. Midyear/Whitestrake’s Mayhem comes to mind.

Stuff I wish were different:

Single quest location. It’s pretty crowded in Belkarth, and if I were on my old PC (replaced it as of May this year) I’m pretty sure the lag would be immense. Multiple quest locations might make things a little easier on players who suffer from lag.

The style page drop rate. It’s too low. I understand that people have in the past been annoyed by being showered with outfit pages (especially during the Jubilee), but it’s also not fun to grind boxes for an hour and not get a single page. I don’t have hours to spend in the game.

The apparent one day cooldown on style pages. If that’s a thing, that makes it harder for people to catch up on missed style pages when they have the time to grind.

The required grouping for certain sources of boxes. The low drop rate on style pages means that you quickly burn through the solo methods if you’re unlucky. If I have the time to spend hunting bosses, I don’t want to have to rely on my guilds for something I could do alone.

Suggestions:

Guild and overworld daily quests (delve and world boss missions) would fit in well with the theme of honest work, and they would be doable for solo players. They would be a great option for box farming.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, love it! And I've been stuck at home for the last week on Covid quarantine spending most of my time playing ESO, so to have the event not go stale in all that time is the mark of a great event. Witch's festival used to be my favorite, as a do anything kind of event, but as of last year I started to get bored of it. Zenithar event has resparked my interest in ESO. Find the person who thought it up, give them a high five from me.

I like the festival grounds, feels like there's a real life carnival going on, rather than just an event tent. Also the performers on stage change around. You may have thought no one noticed, but I did.
    I love discounts, from Imperial City to the houses. How long has it been since the smaller houses didn't need a local quest requirement, a couple years? I sent 18 characters out to buy a home each.
    I like the intro quest, I kind of wish it, with some variation, was the daily, but I get others may not have the time I have that.

There are some surprises. It took a google to remember what a vault key was. I'm sure most of the players don't even know about the 10,000 TelVar mechanic, let alone have the heart for it. I got some excitement sneak past an enemy player a couple times, but I did chicken out and campaign queued out most times.

Similarly, I didn't know about random events until I saw a forum post about it, then I ran into two in a row while digging up an antiquity.

I would like to be able to shop or do a daily quest from more of the NPCs at the festival grounds.

Any additional thoughts?
    There's just a ton of sticky posts on the forum right now, the news article on the ESO website is now buried several articles down. I don't know what you need to do in game or out, but have something with the details of the event that is easy for players to check back to so they don't miss out. If they didn't explore, they might not even know indriks are back.

PS: repair costs are off. It's only 1 or 2 gold, but a couple times it was cheaper to repair individual items. And once I had a repair all cost, but no items listed in the repair window.

PPS: I also like the companion's guild upgrades in the ticket shop. I prefer these over the group repair kits to spend excess tickets on, I hope they stay for the next event.
    Edited by driosketch on July 6, 2022 10:00PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Sharktoes
    Sharktoes
    ✭✭✭
    Not really, no. I guess it is fine. Seems like a pointless event and I'm not sure why it has been included. I would have preferred just about any event in its place, but its ... fine.

The festival area in Craglorn is nice.

Why this event exists. Why items are character bound. Why items won't stack. Why items cannot be laundered.

IC Keys should be bankable. Items pulled from a gold box should be able to stack with a purple box (again, the IC keys.). Items stolen should be able to be laundered (keys and group repair kits). I wish the rewards were even remotely worth it - the boxes are filled mostly with junk. The announcement said survey reports and gold mats would be dropping from the bounty boxes. My experience is this is false.
    As it is, I'm sure some players are enjoying it, but I feel no inclination to do anything beyond my 3 tickets a day.

Any additional thoughts?
    I'd be happier if you all skipped this event in the future.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Positive: I've had a pretty good time so far. I did a ton of master writs the first day and got a whole heap of blue recipes I didn't know. I absolutely love learning new recipes/patterns/diagrams etc so that was great. I have no problems with the loot pool from coffers given that they can be relatively easily acquired. The random encounters have been interesting although I can't seem to meet the radish guy which means the poor sod who can only offer Zenithar coins is not having a good time.

I had no idea there were encounters...
    Less positive: The festival grounds are very crowded and it can be hard to spot NPCs - I've only seen Eveli there so far, which is a bit of a bummer as I was looking forward to seeing the Ravenwatch. But I really like seeing old friends again, even the dead ones via the Imperial Old Life ritual, so I'm glad this is a thing at all.

The festival grounds never fully load for me so plainly I'm missing alot here. Half the time the. quest giver doesn't render at all, just the blue diamond and I'm talking to an invisible lady while going through the quest dialogue. Now I'm sad I've missed out on seeing people :(
    I don't like vault keys being character bound and group repair kits from stealing not being launderable. My level 12 doesn't need group repair kits and with my character-murdering tendencies may never live to see level 50, and loot found in the vaults will be entirely useless at that level except for collections. I would like to see those be account bound and launderable.

Exactly. My characters all have different jobs and my crafters( bar my two mains) don't set foot in pvp. Not stackable is also annoying. My one character is losing so much inventory space to that stupid constructs part that I'm this close to deleting them all and never doing that quest. At least the hist pieces, the tapestry and the wrothgar and summerset bitts are placable as you get them. Non stacking, bound keys (with no instruction as to what they are) is pointless.
    Suggestion: Put the loot coffers in the end chest at dolmens rather than on the corpse of the boss. This is an event where you're being encouraged to group with guildmates, but then you're punished for doing content with too many people if you don't do enough damage or whatever to be able to loot the boss at the end. Or just make the coffers mandatory drops for anyone who got a hit in at all.

I like the end chest idea. I mean you are looting a chest, makes sense no?
    Suggestion: Have coffers drop from repairing in Cyrodiil. Doors, walls, bridges, milegates, siege - Zenithar is the Divine of toil, so give the folks who run around patching things up while others shed the blood a reward for their labour. Perhaps every 75k points repaired so it's not too lucrative?
    This is very interesting and a good addition I think.

The companion stuff is ok but piling up. You can't decon it and only the purple sells so it's of no benefit to people who don't use companions or are already purpled up. The tokens for them are nice though.

This is an interesting event and a nice change of pace.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Sync01
    Sync01
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's one of the better events as far as I'm concerned

Players working together and talking in guild chats etc to group is nice to see. I also like that there are no noticeable performance issues due to the event like we've previously seen with pvp or undaunted events.

When getting the event quest from Fasaria you can choose to pray or have her do it for you, but there is no option for just choosing to pray yourself in the conversation, so it was initially confusing before I realised that exiting the conversation would allow me to use the shrine.

It would be nice to get more boxes from writs, or have a chance to get more boxes, because the cost of doing the writs makes the boxes feel more like a small bonus rather than something you're farming. It's not a huge deal, but writs feel to me like the least rewarding way of getting boxes.
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new random encounters. More of those for every festival would be cool. Things that are interesting or funny for a couple minutes and not focused on farming a reward box round out an event, make the game world feel more lived-in.

The hub in Craglorn is great, but you should re-think your conviction that thirty people should interact with the same NPC at once. Anywhere. Ever.

Looking forward to the events for Julianos and Akatosh. I know you're not forgetting Akatosh.
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good:
    I like the setup of the event ground near Belkarth.
    I also like the simple tasks for the event ticket quest.
    The random encounter thing is also a nice surpise.
    The increased crafting inspiration is a great thing to level alts.

Please change next time:
    Am I working less hard when soloing a world boss? For sure not. Please remove the condition to be in group with guildies next time. It is a slap in the face for all the lone wolfs out there.

I went through a lot of master writs and could barely handle the huge number of recipes and treasure maps that dropped from the event coffers. Recipes at least stack... but I couldn't clear several coffers because I had already duplicates of that treasure map in my bank and inventory. Please make treasure maps stackable. Also, the large amount of recipes and furnishing plans completely destroy the maket value for these things.

I would also love to see something like extra XP gained from completing master writs. Or increased number of items per craft for provisioning and alchemy. Or double drops from ressources in the world.
  • Luci0
    Luci0
    Awesome, and lovely Event, but, please make it possible to launder te stolen boxes :smiley:

Have been enjoying it with the small rewards there are, and it's awesome that the indrik are back, just so u can get the missing parts.

Nothing has been confusing about this event, and i feel like there was everything needed.
    Maybe the imperial city keeys could have been a little different, and not char bound.

But everything else has been awesome!
  • Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭
    It was actually pretty fun. Was defiantly a good attempt to get people to group and do the PVE content together. My feedback is about the pickpocketed coffers, they keys that drop from them we can not launder and someone in one of my guilds said the group repair kits were also not able to be laundered....

.... for awhile ive thought that since text chat came out toxicity has increased and social guilds and groups doing things together has actually dropped ALOT, people can hide behind a keyboard and be ignorant and cruel when in voice chat most are less forward and would reframe from toxic comments or insults in most cases because they can not hide behind their typed words. its helpfull, but its changes alot, not always for the best...

ANYWAYS, event was good, new recipes are cool.

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only getting rewards for crafting once per day went against the spirit of the event.

Requiring grouping with guildmates meant I never got those rewards.

Keys should stack and be bound, but be storable in our bank.
    PC
    PS4/PS5