Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Finally...Group mount are HERE !

• barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »
    Of course it’s a horse. I’m sorry, but the horse models and animations in eso are really subpar for a AAA title. RDR2 is at the opposite end of the spectrum, and has forever spoiled me.

I'll take the horse animations over the hunched over canine or cat animations. And the bear animation looks just silly. Camels and big mounts are not much better.

:#
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the purpose of a two person mount again? How are they functional in any capacity other than RP'ing?
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the purpose of a two person mount again? How are they functional in any capacity other than RP'ing?

In PvP, this allow to better stack group and prevent ganking, and in overworld it can allow people who play with a friend or with a low level player to carry them with a better mount
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • MJ202
    MJ202
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on XBOX and don't see it.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »

In PvP, this allow to better stack group and prevent ganking, and in overworld it can allow people who play with a friend or with a low level player to carry them with a better mount

This will almost certainly cause more bugs and problems and solve an issue that is essentially non existent.

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the purpose of player houses again? Or hairstyles? Or costumes? Or emotes?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dunno if it's an inteded purpose, but I guess one could start a taxi service.
  • Nowa133
    Nowa133
    ✭✭✭
    Its kinda useless... Most of the ppl only plays this game solo (thought the same thing with the companions system). And this implementation seems to only cater the roleplaying community. They could've taken that time to perfect and propose a dificulty slider on zones, truly. What a waste of time and money... It was the same with that card system.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is this even necessary?

Not a fan of these dual mounts but really, it's a game, nothing regarding ESO is a necessity.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But does this still trigger ant-cheat, get people banned? Can we get an updated official response about that?

To add to what was said above:

These were tested twice on PTS. In July of 2020 they were getting people banned on PTS. They were pulled from later updates on PTS and only reemerged this year in the PTS for Ascending Tide/Update 33, where they were not getting people banned.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally this has never been something I felt there was a need for or a desire for among the community.

That said, it is a groovy idea, if its here to say, one can imagine chariots and carts etc, as well as of course other mounts, all of which could be fun.

Again personally, I would prefer flying mounts were introduced ;-) There are plenty of flying creatures in the game, some of which are already mounts for NPCs etc. This would also open up other options for mount creatures, the current crop has become a bit stale, with mainly reskins.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah yes, it only took a few years to implement this fringe RP element nobody asked for... Well, if that is up your alley then I wish you a lot of fun with these 'new' mounts. I'll be over here waiting 10 years for any new meaningful additions to the game which aren't recyclable, cash-grab skins which can be endlessly recycled.

If my opinion offends any RPers I do not mean any offense, but I do believe ESO is currently suffering from a lack of focus. I'm not discounting the roleplay aspect of the game, but rather the lack of vision for ESO's combat, which has been wanting for far longer than any RP element as of right now. The recently failed Vampire "rework" has only highlighted how badly this game needs to leave the restraints of its old engine and deprecated console support. Literally any animation in the reworked Vampire skill line uses the same animation rigs as other classes... I mean come on, that's just plain pathetic when enemies are receiving dramatically different abilities and animations as vampires. Surely they can do something different for players other than re-skinning the Bone Goliath ultimate... can they?
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalik_Gold wrote: »

Date nights in Cyrodiil....

riders-horses-two-training-their-beach-163953404.jpg

You forgot the bomb blade going out of stealth to insta kill you
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • AoEnwyr
    AoEnwyr
    ✭✭✭✭

Because my wife can’t keep up, and it’ll lower the times I hear “where did you go?” from her, because she’ll be riding with me. :p

I'm hyped to terrorise my husband with this. I'm much faster but at least once a day he looks over in horror as I go flying off a cliff to my death. Now he has to come too. Have to practice singing some Daryl Braithwaite to him
    Edited by AoEnwyr on July 1, 2022 9:14AM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nowa133 wrote: »
    Its kinda useless... Most of the ppl only plays this game solo (thought the same thing with the companions system). And this implementation seems to only cater the roleplaying community. They could've taken that time to perfect and propose a dificulty slider on zones, truly. What a waste of time and money... It was the same with that card system.

"It doesn't cater to my personal interests = It's a useless waste of time and money, nobody wants it anyway (except for those roleplayers, but are they even people?)!"

Edited by Syldras on July 1, 2022 12:33PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    im still too afraid of false bans because of this. will wait a couple month to see how it goes :D
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever my gf says, "Where did you go?", I respond with light attacks from my ice staff. Now we can ride together and she can avoid hypothermia.