The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forums

• Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    I agree these forums need improvement.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a mess. I suggest we get someone from Beth to come next door and restructure the site.

.. along with a dark theme option. There's just not enough contrast in brown on tan... on beige.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Foxhunt wrote: »
    I agree these forums need improvement.
    They do need improvement, but they aren't as bad as some people are saying either. I do agree on the language thing, you should be able to click something to switch all the forums to a certain language, and have the "current posts" only show in the language you pick, rather than having the different languages just be different sub-forums.

Other than that, they really aren't that bad, although I would like to have a darker theme. And I would like to see all of the forums accessible from the main page (for example, right now you have to click into customer support, and then the English customer support, to get to the tech support forum). I am pretty tech savvy and like to help people out on the tech forums when I'm at work and can't play, but it took me a few minutes to find where the tech support forum actually was.

So, TL;DR version: the forums really aren't THAT bad, but they could use some improvement.
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another thing I would like to see in the forums is an indication of whether or not a ZOS moderator has posted in a thread. This is very helpful when looking to see if issues are known or not.
  • Dominulf
    Dominulf
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - Where the best spells are AoEs and the strongest weapon is a Shield!

"I used to be the most beloved roleplaying series of a generation... but then I took $14.99/mo to the knee."
  • Phantombadger
    so the web dev failed. teh language filter at the top doesnt filter jack. this is the problem. some control error in the code or module. great idea but poorly tested. maybe the forums should have been beta'd with the rest of the game.
  • Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    Saerydoth wrote: »
    Another thing I would like to see in the forums is an indication of whether or not a ZOS moderator has posted in a thread. This is very helpful when looking to see if issues are known or not.

That would be helpful, indeed, but until they consider to do that, we can check the "developer tracker" option to see if they've answered a certain issue: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/tracker :)
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • capato
    capato
    ✭✭
    Agreed. First I should be able to select a language, then have my forum and stuff.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Saerydoth wrote: »
    This is something we hope to have implemented very soon. :) As for the other issues, we will continually work on improving the forum readability. Thanks for your feedback, it's definitely helpful!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Nabren
    Nabren
    Overall I like the forums but I agree the mixed languages in the same forum us very confusing. Hoping it gets separated better in the future.
  • vanillexhope
    vanillexhope
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very disapointed with the forums. Forums should be intuitive and clean. This seems like a total mess. Hopefully they will work on it.
  • Siegfried_Greymane
    This is unacceptable to me as well. Charge me $100 for a game, then I can't play when you say I can, and I can't find a solution because you buried it in this maze?
    Lord, I was born a ramblin' man,
    Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can.
    And when it's time for leavin',
    I hope you'll understand,
    That I was born a ramblin' man
  • gizmozebra7
    Agreed, most confusing forum ever!
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im not sure why the website designers would choose this format. But honestly its very confusing and unorganized. Half of the topics are in languages I dont understand which makes searching through the forums just that much more difficult. On top of that the layout needs some work. When someone visits the forums they shouldnt feel lost or overloaded with things they dont understand.

It would be nice if someone could design a simpler layout.

The game is also a confusing mess, the addons people are allowed to make since the nerf barely able to fix it. Must've been same guy designing forums as did the game UI.

• richkak
    richkak
    I can't believe this the official forums... I like the one at tamriel foundry much better.
  • Ronnie
    Ronnie
    this forum is really confusing
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tiyamel wrote: »
    anyone else confused with the forum layouts? or is it just me that has multiple topics in different languages making it harder to find
    what im looking for?

It is 'different' but I find it easy to navigate and would note here that some of the other mmo releases in the recent year have gone with totally separating the Euro or Pacific players forums from the North American forums. Many players do not like that at all. This way information can be accessed to all forums by all players. There are various reasons for this being convenient - more and more open communication for an mmo is preferable in my communication.

I give a nod to Zenimax for coming up with a fresh approach! I hope that given a period of time, most people coming here for information will become more comfortable with this particular framework.

• Katrianah
    Katrianah
    Anastasia wrote: »
    Tiyamel wrote: »
    anyone else confused with the forum layouts? or is it just me that has multiple topics in different languages making it harder to find
    what im looking for?

It is 'different' but I find it easy to navigate and would note here that some of the other mmo releases in the recent year have gone with totally separating the Euro or Pacific players forums from the North American forums. Many players do not like that at all. This way information can be accessed to all forums by all players. There are various reasons for this being convenient - more and more open communication for an mmo is preferable in my communication.

I give a nod to Zenimax for coming up with a fresh approach! I hope that given a period of time, most people coming here for information will become more comfortable with this particular framework.

Are you sure the NA players are using this forum too? I'd expect to see a Spanish set of forums if so.
    ~ Time and again I switch and I change, but I always come back to you.
  • Dragonetti
    Awful forums. I mean really, what happened?
    “Never let your sense of morals stand in the way of doing what's right”
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonetti wrote: »

Europe happened.

But seriously, the layout seems fine. It's only confusing if you think that the other language headers say something different.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Dragonetti

Europe happened.

But seriously, the layout seems fine. It's only confusing if you think that the other language headers say something different.

Nah, i just don't like the layout at all. doesn't follow any intuitive layout I've ever used before. There's a reason conventions exist!
  • Krak3nz
    Krak3nz
    I was keen on the forums opening, but it's more of a joke than a forum.
    Skyrim Addict
  • BlackOmega
    Krak3nz wrote: »
    I was keen on the forums opening, but it's more of a joke than a forum.

How so? Once the language filters (or however it will be implemented) are enabled it will be ok.

I would, however, like to see a General Discussion type forum for the 'everything else', similar to how other game forums are. Right now everything is very specific.

BlackOmega
    Scourge of the Universe | Inquisitor of Knowledge | Jack of All Trades
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey folks! Thanks for your feedback. We do intend on continually improving the look and feel of the forums as we get past the initial launch rush.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Reb
    Reb
    ✭✭✭

Nah, i just don't like the layout at all. doesn't follow any intuitive layout I've ever used before. There's a reason conventions exist!

indeed, possibly the worst layout i have had to use

• suzy0130
    suzy0130
    This is such a mess
  • Bunk
    Bunk
    ✭✭✭
    wow all those foreign words confuse me. i dont understand their moon language. it confuses me.
    idiot
  • Dragonetti
    Bunk wrote: »
    wow all those foreign words confuse me. i dont understand their moon language. it confuses me.

Correct!

• Daggers
    Daggers
    ✭✭✭
    This forum design is absolutely dreadful.

Hard to find anything, clumsy to navigate even when you do know where things are, and hard on the eyes - dark skins at least, please.

I'm shocked they've gone for this arty nonsense. MMOs rely on community tools - the forums are a serious part of that. Bring back the familiar: stop trying to be clever, it's not working.

V. disappointed; I won't be posting here again, not socially at any rate.

The best things in life make you sweaty.
    -Poe
  • Daggers
    Daggers
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, no I will post again, to say: ROFL.

You earned the First Comment badge.

Commenting is the best way to get involved. Jump in the fray! +2 points

---
    Follow the link below to check it out:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/badge/comment

Have a great day!

You are taking the mickey. Get involved? No thanks.
    The best things in life make you sweaty.
    -Poe