The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forums

Tiyamel
Tiyamel
✭✭✭
anyone else confused with the forum layouts? or is it just me that has multiple topics in different languages making it harder to find what im looking for?
Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does, but all the other forum layouts that they tried were just as bad. When they tried to have different sub-forums with different languages, people would still get on the english one and post. They post in Every language on the english one becuase for some reason it is where everyone seems to look first.
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I really hope that this is sorted at some point. It is very confusing to have the different languages when navigating the forum.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    thanks, thought it was just me, as i had a few issues actually trying to get into the forums to start with
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best part will be when people decide that the Player Helping Player forum is the place to put up Technical Support issues and then get upset when the Devs don't seem to respond and only players do :).
  • BTOG46
    BTOG46
    ✭✭
    LoreRunner wrote: »
    The best part will be when people decide that the Player Helping Player forum is the place to put up Technical Support issues and then get upset when the Devs don't seem to respond and only players do :).

You get that with most game help forums, players posting and getting angry if a Dev doesn't pop up and answer them instantly.
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BTOG46 Oh I know. Just saying it is one of the best parts. Kinda fun to see most of the time. Especially when they post in the PhP forum saying "I demand a Dev Response to this issue!".
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the upside to this, I was planning on touching up my french for an upcoming holiday, this may just help. ;)
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    on a slightly different topic anyone figured any new badges for profile, i have 2 so far and they were for basically setting up profile
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three here.
    • First one was for adding an avatar (It felt like a participation award when I received it)
    • Second badge was for first post
    • Third badge was for 10th post

(seem's they encourage spamming...errr, posting)
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    ah, cool, thanks
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    The forums are in a mess. They didn't reset the beta members and I am stuck with the same issues with my notifications not clearing and I'm constantly reminded that I need to answer something.

There is no general discussion forum?

... and I cannot begin to tell you how thrilled I will be when someone creates a dark theme for this in Google Styles.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Katrianah
    Katrianah
    Yeah they're... not the best.

I can appreciate why the different language subheadings are where they are but it was really confusing when I first got here - I thought my proxy had reset itself to Germany and got routed to the German forum.
    ~ Time and again I switch and I change, but I always come back to you.
  • Louis
    Louis
    ✭✭✭
    I Liked the Old Layout better, this one has me going around where is where and its confusing
    alot of people look at this signature, i guess youre one of them.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Señor Cinco, nail hit on head sir.

The Bethesda softworks forum color was fantastic by comparison.

If you are listening forum ESO people, can you give us an option of a dark skinned forum.

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not sure why the website designers would choose this format. But honestly its very confusing and unorganized. Half of the topics are in languages I dont understand which makes searching through the forums just that much more difficult. On top of that the layout needs some work. When someone visits the forums they shouldnt feel lost or overloaded with things they dont understand.

It would be nice if someone could design a simpler layout.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on March 30, 2014 10:23PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • paul1606b16_ESO
    You can say that again. Whilst I understand very much the desire to be different than every other MMO out there in as many things as they can, some things which are givens, are best left alone.
  • xtago
    xtago
    ✭✭
    yeah I know, then you have the customer help

which is full of german posts which 2 3 english post mixed with the french posts,

which you have to goto the topic customer help to get english posts. all the topics are the same thing, multiple topics of the exact same thing that have few english posts in them or even sorted in some sort of decent way.

it's a bit disappointing seeing the game is broken or this megaserver is utterly over loaded with people, and see tons of messages on reddit and other places slowly posting up about how they can't get in or get all sorts of error messages.

Then come here and you get this mess called an official forum for ESO, but have to goto 3rd party forums and sites to get any english info on ESO. like error codes etc.
    Edited by xtago on March 30, 2014 2:38PM
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theyve got a lot of work ahead of them. Gamers arent as loyal as they used to be. A game launch is always going to be bugged and bothersome but there is no excuse for a lackluster attempt at a Forums.
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • SMW1980b14a_ESO
    SMW1980b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, forum design is just not adequately designed to be user friendly or helpful at all.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    First i need to start with mentioning my ULTIMATE dissapointment in clearing all old content of forums -both here and at Bethesda forum (so old public TESO forum)
    This is VERY not customer friendly

Curent format of this forum is in fact terrible -all three languages should be sorted into diffrent separate subforums - AND "Recent discusiion" button should showing only post in one selected subforum (maybe change it to 3 diffrent buttons: Recent discussion EN, Recent discussion DE, Recent discussion FR)

Next
    I am using my old beta account, and IM NOT GOING to create new account.
    Both "My dissscusion" and "Unanswered" options, show old forum post numbers (so before wipes) -after opening them they show only error codes -and they didnt work at all with any new posts

This should be fixed ASAP
    Edited by Kemono on March 30, 2014 2:47PM
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really dont want this buried under the threads being created about the same issues.

Redesigning this Forum to something more traditional will go a long way in helping people find the threads theyd like to voice their opinions in.
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    I just notice one more "Errors"?
    I start browsing forum tooday with my old avatar.
    I even visit my profile page -and it was there for sure.

Then after posting a bit -i notoce that my avatar is gone.
    I visited my profile -and guess what? Option to upload player seleected avatar is gone!
    Are players right to upload avatar removed? or maybe its locked after some forum level?

I really hope it will be restored or at least please add much more khajit pics cos curent selection is very limited (there are like 2 khajits total)
  • Mojano
    Mojano
    Without wishing to be beaten by the hate stick, I actually really like the forum design, although I quite agree with seperating the languages. :)
    Not all Pre-orders are equal :(
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojano wrote: »
    Without wishing to be beaten by the hate stick, I actually really like the forum design, although I quite agree with seperating the languages. :)

No hate sticks here. Every ones entitled to their opinion. I dont necessarily want to see it drastically changed. Just improved so that it functions well.

Currently If you go into a thread and want to go back to the forum page listing the threads in the language you speak..If you press the link for that forum listing. Itll back you all the way out and present you with the three different language forums.
  • ToxicCosmos
    ToxicCosmos
    ✭✭✭
    Mojano wrote: »

No hate sticks here. Every ones entitled to their opinion. I dont necessarily want to see it drastically changed. Just improved so that it functions well.

Currently If you go into a thread and want to go back to the forum page listing the threads in the language you speak..If you press the link for that forum listing. Itll back you all the way out and present you with the three different language forums.
    Click on the grayed out link that shows the forum you're currently in. Ie, the brownish "Customer Support" instead of the orange "Customer Support".
  • Warfield
    Warfield
    agreed
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Hard to find what you wan without digging down and also languages mixed together.
  • ToxicCosmos
    ToxicCosmos
    ✭✭✭
    That mixed languages thing is weird. Is there a filter option? I only see English threads. Huh...
  • Bladorthin
    Bladorthin
    ✭✭✭
    Forums need some work. Game is running great other than the dismount bug...
  • Bansheedragon
    Bansheedragon
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree these forums are very confusing.
    I more often than not find it difficult at best to find what I'm looking for as I'm often not sure what forum section to look under.
    And when I do know what section to look under, I still find it near impossible to find anything as there are countless threads in French and German with the occasional thread in English in between.

They should at the very least have separate forum section for each language so people can at least fin what they are looking for in a language they actually understand
    Having to sift through posts in 3 different languages to find that single post I'm looking for is very tedious, and I suspect any will avoid these forums because of how confusing and messy they appear to be for most.

I have visited allot of forums over the years, but none so confusing and messy as this.