The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Accepted a duel.... won... didn't count for Isobel's Favor

• ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin this is the second incremental patch that goes by and the issue is not addressed.

Is this still 'on the radar'? I am dreading that is going to drag for months like the Wrothgar museum one did :disappointed:
  • Thretion
    Thretion
    ✭✭✭
    So - two patches and bug still here. ZOSsique
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was really hoping it was fixed
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sad to see this not yet fixed. Seems to be a relatively small thing to fix in the overall scheme of things?

Maybe I will be able to steal a purple item to fence for Ember before this gets fixed :cold_sweat:
    Edited by Anony_Mouse on July 6, 2022 5:37PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad to see this not yet fixed. Seems to be a relatively small thing to fix in the overall scheme of things?

Maybe I will be able to speat a purple item to fence for Ember before this gets fixed :cold_sweat:

A good place to get a purple stolen item is to steal in Vvardenfell (there's 3 motifs that drop from pickpocketing NPCs in that zone) and those will count. Rather than counting on the RNG of getting a purple stolen item.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • stankarp
    stankarp
    ✭✭
    Still not fixed. After how many weeks? Really poor effort ZOS.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I worked on Ember after I had everything but this done on Isobel..
    last thing is just grinding mobs for levels
    I anticipate I'll get this done and get Ember's keepsake before I can finish Isobel, who I started way earlier.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just remove the dueling achievement for Isobel and make an easy fix, not many people like dueling anyway.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe I will be able to steal a purple item to fence for Ember before this gets fixed :cold_sweat:

Steal one of the armour/clothing/weaponry items placed on the environment.

Upgrade to purple.

Fence.

Done.
  • The_Blue_Banneret
    I also have this issue. I posted a discussion but it was closed cuz I didn’t realize this thread existed. I hope it is fixed soon cuz I really want Isobel’s keepsake and achievements, I’m a completionist.
  • Munkfist
    Munkfist
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Maybe I will be able to speat a purple item to fence for Ember before this gets fixed :cold_sweat:

A good place to get a purple stolen item is to steal in Vvardenfell (there's 3 motifs that drop from pickpocketing NPCs in that zone) and those will count. Rather than counting on the RNG of getting a purple stolen item.

I tried laundering a Dwemer motif and it didn't count for my achievement, damn.

And still no update to this duel achievement. Bah
    @Munkfist PC-NA
    The Devoted Torchbugs
    Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery Guildhall - Feel free to use!
    If your guild needs a crafthall, please feel free to reach out!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Munkfist wrote: »

have to sell to fence, not launder

laundering =/= fencing
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Munkfist wrote: »

The achievement for Ember specifically requires fencing, not laundering.
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    its a translation error. in german it says specifically "launder".
    fell for it too
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    No update on Isobel’s achievement for accepting a duel, eh? Thought it may have something to do with companions being “invisible” while in city hubs (that seems to be the only place I get random invitations to duel from strangers, lol) but accepting a duel from a grouped guildie while out in the world didn’t trigger the achievement either.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No update on Isobel’s achievement for accepting a duel, eh? Thought it may have something to do with companions being “invisible” while in city hubs (that seems to be the only place I get random invitations to duel from strangers, lol) but accepting a duel from a grouped guildie while out in the world didn’t trigger the achievement either.

Not that I'm aware of. If anyone is able to test it out on PTS, please let us know. It could be one of the sneaky fixes if it's something they fixed this upcoming patch.

That, or they may be implementing the fix in a future pts update or the proceeding patch of update 36.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »

Not that I'm aware of. If anyone is able to test it out on PTS, please let us know. It could be one of the sneaky fixes if it's something they fixed this upcoming patch.

That, or they may be implementing the fix in a future pts update or the proceeding patch of update 36.

to be fair, this achievement DID work back during the high isles PTS but broke when it went live lol

so no guarantee that testing on the PTS will work the same as live even lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA

Same. Tried winning and losing. No credit either way.

Isobel fully leveled and rapport maxed. The duel bug is the only thing keeping me from the account unlock.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Any ETA for a fix to this, now old bug?
  • Creadeyh
    Creadeyh
    Soul Shriven
    Didn't work for me either, still bugged as of today
  • Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭
    On Xbox it isn't working too.
    I've tried to win and lose.

Isobel and my character can't be world best friend without this achievement :-(
  • Mixalis966
    Mixalis966
    ✭✭✭
    Not renewing my subscription till i see the patch with the fixes.It is probably gonna get sniped but i do not think the developers could make a succesful game if it wasn't our beloved elder scrolls franchise.It hurts me to say it but i believe the mmo of the elder scrolls series could be much more than what eso currently is.

Edit:The inability to solve a companion achievement bug for months indicates what has been happening from the begining.Poor PvP performance,bugs,non existent quality of life compared to other mmos,poor planning and very slow to take action.The golden goose which was the elder scrolls universe cannot carry bad development forever.
    Edited by Mixalis966 on July 15, 2022 3:51AM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the order of operations changed between PTS and live.
    PTS:
    1. Accept duel
    2. Check for achievement completion - works
    3. Start duel, (PvP removes companion)
    Live:
    1. Accept duel
    2. Start duel, (PvP removes companion)
    3. Check for achievement completion - fails, because no companion
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    PTS:
    1. Accept duel
    Live:
    1. Accept duel

It’s odd to me that she gains favor properly when a duel is accepted but the achievement doesn’t work. It’s baffling that they would move the order of the achievement check but leave the favor check in place.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    PTS:
    1. Accept duel
    Live:
    1. Accept duel

It’s odd to me that she gains favor properly when a duel is accepted but the achievement doesn’t work. It’s baffling that they would move the order of the achievement check but leave the favor check in place.

i think its more baffling that it worked on the high isle PTS, but didnt work once it went live lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    PTS:
    1. Accept duel
    Live:
    1. Accept duel

i think its more baffling that it worked on the high isle PTS, but didnt work once it went live lol

They do make changes for two weeks after the last PTS version that we get to play. Sometimes we’re even told what they changed. A lot of it must be last-minute backend things. But since we don’t get to see it before live, those changes don’t get tested before release. And once a bug hits live, it seems to take much longer to fix than if it gets caught on PTS.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is patch maintenance tomorrow, one can only hope...
  • qcell
    qcell
    ✭✭✭
    This is still bugged in PTS 8.1.
    Tested both accepting a duel and requesting it, with Isobel out.

Video proof:
    Other player requests (Accept a Duel)
    https://youtu.be/fN-190U2ucI

I request
    https://youtu.be/sq-rxLtgxpM
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gotta be kidding me
    they won''t even fix it for the next quarterly update.
    that's a joke.
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    that's a joke.

agree, but a really bad one...
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patch Notes out today; still no fix

@ZOS_GinaBruno is this on the radar at all?