The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

MUNDANE RUNE

• Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Every professional furnisher worth their salt would appreciate the Beacon of Tower Zero furnishing from Stormhaven. It creates a wonderful, natural light that brings many decrepit places to live.

Naturally, I grind for that one a lot and it drops from Runestones. So that nicely goes hand in hand with my need for Mundane Runes. I like that it's a rare ressource I have to grind for in a game that already offers way too little incentive to grind/hunt for anything at all.

I feel the hardest disagreement in all my time playing ESO to that. Beacon of Tower Zero has a sickly note of like, lime yellow? And it saturates way too hard on most surrounding surfaces to look natural, at least to my eyes.

For comparison here are a few of screenshots with Beacon Zero and what in my opinion is a much more natural, much better light source with a big lux volume, the Vampiric Chandelier, Amber Fanged.

Beacon of Tower Zero on surroundings

306130-20220531221839-1.png

Vampiric Chandelier, Amber Fang on surroundings

306130-20220531221828-1.png

Surroundings without either

306130-20220531222733-1.png

Beacon of Tower Zero five metres from character

306130-20220531221432-1.png

Beacon of Tower Zero three metres from character (Eeew)

306130-20220531221512-1.png

Vampiric Chandelier, Amber Fanged five metres from character (not centre; the closest single light source on the chandelier five metres away)

306130-20220531221746-1.png

Vampiric Chandelier, Amber Fanged three metres from character (Pure sunrise through the windows, birds chirping away for a new dawn outside)

306130-20220531221816-1.png

Character without additional light sources

306130-20220531223754-1.png

I can not imagine what replacing the Vampiric Chandelier, Amber Fanged with Beacon of Tower Zero would do to the houses where I've sunk the former into walls/floors/window frames. It would probably make them feel whatever are the opposites of warm, cozy and welcoming.

Daggerfall Outlook throne room

306130-20220531224741-1.png

Pantherfang Chapel throne room

306130-20220531225112-1.png
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Every professional furnisher worth their salt would appreciate the Beacon of Tower Zero furnishing from Stormhaven. It creates a wonderful, natural light that brings many decrepit places to live.

I disagree. That thing is way too bright for most places, especially inside buildings. I have one that I placed outside somewhere in the Antiquarian's house away from the main building just to find a use for it.
    PCNA
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A chance to recover some of the mats expended to make furnishings would be a nice green star.
  • chris25602
    chris25602
    ✭✭✭
    Ez solution:

Earn more gold.

****************************************************************** (censored myself bc I'm not an animal all the time)

but back to being reasonable which this thread threw out the window awhile ago.

I farm and farm and farm. I have what I want, sell what I don't, and give things to people I meet. I don't want things to be free I just want something better than rng.

fishing: see stardew valley or new world. srsly how is fishing still just wait for the hook

gathering: add some sort of skill game to this even if rng is still a factor. maybe adding more factors than rng or previous history would allow a more refined distribution of material.

In the end I don't care about the the time aspect very much I mean I am sinking thousands of hours into a game. Is the game delivering enjoyable experiences?

anyone at endgame doing farming crafting, its all a grind and until that changes everyone will be salty for all their own reasons

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »
    Endgame is supposed to be difficult. Furnishing mats are fine as is.

i feel like this needs a /s lol
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quoted post has been removed.

Just curious, have you tried a custom home build yet? In mine one piece of a wall is 13 mundane runes I think. I need many walls and other structures.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 1, 2022 11:13PM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just curious, have you tried a custom home build yet? In mine one piece of a wall is 13 mundane runes I think. I need many walls and other structures.

Yes, I am aware of how much materials furniture takes.
    Housing is called endagme for a reason.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 1, 2022 11:14PM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's do some maths.
    Let's say mundane runes cost around 2k each on average. Meaning 10 million gold can buy you 5000 of these. If every piece of furniture takes 15 runes, you can make 333 piece of furniture with just that. That is a lot of furniture.
  • DivineKitty
    DivineKitty
    ✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Let's do some maths.
    Let's say mundane runes cost around 2k each on average. Meaning 10 million gold can buy you 5000 of these. If every piece of furniture takes 15 runes, you can make 333 piece of furniture with just that. That is a lot of furniture.

It's... really not a lot, especially when some houses can have 700 slots. So potentially, Upwards of 10000 Mundanes, assuming everything you make uses them. But either way, you'd be spending more money on furnishing supplies than the actual house.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's do some maths.

It's... really not a lot, especially when some houses can have 700 slots. So potentially, Upwards of 10000 Mundanes, assuming everything you make uses them. But either way, you'd be spending more money on furnishing supplies than the actual house.

700 walls sounds like overkill to me :|
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished decorating my house about a year ago with a combo of crafted, bought and crown store items. Took me about 3 months, enjoyed the process and I'm very happy with my house.

I was never short of mats as I farm fairly regularly for several different benifits other than housing anyway. In fact I had a massive surplus of Mundane Runes, sold them and made a fortune!

• Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have mundane runes in my crafting bag. I often wondered what they were for.
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    I finished decorating my house about a year ago with a combo of crafted, bought and crown store items. Took me about 3 months, enjoyed the process and I'm very happy with my house.

I was never short of mats as I farm fairly regularly for several different benifits other than housing anyway. In fact I had a massive surplus of Mundane Runes, sold them and made a fortune!

Honestly, I think the amount of mundane required for Deadlands/fargrave furnishings has been excessive.

As requested at the beginning, maybe they should look at the plan requirements and adjust.

Most will use Deadlands/Fargrave furnishings in Doomchar home.

And I didn’t have any issues before starting to decorate Doomchar. Been decorating for years.

So doesn’t have to be increased chance while farming nodes, but something needs to be looked at to balance

• wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ez solution:

Earn more gold.

Finally someone gets it. For some reason everyone else thinks they need to farm everything themselves and then complains how boring housing is. Look up what endgame means. You're not meant to get everything after few weeks of playing. Are you doing vet trials after been playing only for few weeks or even few months? No.
    Why you think you should be able to get nice house fully furnished easily then? Noobs farm, veterans buy what they need. Dont have gold? Whos fault is that.
    I've been playing for years and have so much gold that I dont know what to do with it. Theres not enough gold sinks in the game. I buy all the mats or furnishings that I want and have no issues. That's why housing IS the ENDGAME people.

Getting more gold is not really a valid solution for EVERYONE to do. If everyone does this and no one goes out and farms mats then there won't be any to buy. or if there is supply it will be very inflated. Gold is not an end all be all. It is a tool that does allow you to save some time which is where its real value is , but only so long as players NEED gold. If no one needs gold then it has no value.

Earning more gold would only work if there were an infinite supply of mundane runes, which would only be the case if there were some ability to buy from an NPC. This is not the case. someone has to commit the time to go out and get them. but if you want to stick to your philosophy i will do one of two things as a farm them. I will either stockpile the mats in my craft bag left unused, or i will raise the price to which i will sell.

I farm, I am a Long time player with access to millions in gold and many more in mats. am I still a noob? I dunno, but feel free to keep sending your gold my way.

• wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daraklus wrote: »
    Why, I too would like <itemname> from <content I don't want to do> to be just handed to me.

It's more like increase the drop rate so gathering feels less of a chore if the cost of crafting is so high, or lower the cost of said crafting.

I am not sure how this is the same as wanting "Things handed out to you"

> like increase the drop rate so gathering feels less of a chore if the cost of crafting is so high, or lower the cost of said crafting.
    This is asking for things to get handed to you for the type of content that you want to do. You want to craft furniture and you want devs to tweak values so you get more runes for free and/or spend less of them on crafting. It is the same as asking to lower tel var prices of Hakeijos because little people want to farm tel var and gold prices for these are going up but you want tri-stat glyphs, or quadruple drops of dragon ingredients because supports want a lot of ulti pots, or decrease time it takes to catch a fish, because you want to get roe faster for your gold food.

This is how game is made, everything is connected and you must do Y if you want to do X. If you don't want to farm it, you can make gold in any other way that suits you and buy your stuff from people who farmed and listed it for you. You can go and buy HUGE amounts of runes right now, you can fill every one of your house with crafted furniture, just use the gold you earned through whatever means you found enjoyable.

Example:
    I tried farming chaurus eggs. It was slow, boring and inefficient. So I went and bought me over 2000 of these:
    5dyvfbaw9zmd.png

gwcr190e21cs.png

and you were only able to do that because someone spent the time to farm them.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Too be fair I guess, i will say this. Mundane Runes are one of the very very few items that keep the Enchanting skill line in anyway profitable and alive. the skill line is due for a major rework.

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have an issue with mundane runes, or heartwood, as those are single-purpose materials. The ones that are always a problem are the purpling tempers. They get eaten up by both master writs and furnishings, and seem to be dropped as if only one of those uses existed.

That said, those two mats do get used disproportionately. I can’t remember ever running out of bast, regulus, or alchemical resin. It is not always a case of how many different recipes use an ingredient, but also how many you need to make. Multiple dining chairs, only one grill.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »

Do you only have the one house? Most housing enthusiasts have multiple houses and frequent decorating projects going on, so there is a continuous need for mats.
    PCNA
  • aurorable
    aurorable
    ✭✭✭

Dude that could be applied to any change. All people want to either a plan rework or drop increases so they could spend more time doing the content they enjoy. Not free hand outs or any nonsensical reason you come up with. It's like the sticker book, perfected weapons, upcoming antiquity changes, etc. All of these could be deemed "unfair" but guess what they are not, they are improvements to the game. A increase drop would benefit not only the housing but also the farmers themselves, why? Because they would be able to obtain more to SELL.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 1, 2022 11:17PM
    Crazy Cat Lady
    PC/NA CP2600+
    Stamsorc DPS (Master Crafter)
    DK Tank (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Necro Healer (Crafter)
    Warden Healer (Crafter)
    Sorc Healer (Crafter)
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    And last.. but not least another crafter!
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bat wrote: »
    I feel the hardest disagreement in all my time playing ESO to that. Beacon of Tower Zero has a sickly note of like, lime yellow?

"You put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up."

Edited by Unknown_Redemption on June 1, 2022 6:26PM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    and you were only able to do that because someone spent the time to farm them.

Yes! This is what I am trying to say. This is how game economy works.
    There are many things one can farm and sell to make gold. I chose to farm X. Someone else chose to farm Y. Third person wants my X and does not like farming it, they pay me gold, I use that gold to buy Y, that I'd hate to farm myself, because drop rates are not acceptable to me. But there are other people who see it as good enough to farm or just happened accumulate a lot over large period of time while playing normally, and are looking to make some gold now with material they don't need.

You can replace mundane runes or chaurus eggs with any other material. Eggs were just an example of what happened recently to me, it could've as well been runes or heartwood or roe or clam gall.

aurorable wrote: »
    Dude that could be applied to any change. All people want to either a plan rework or drop increases so they could spend more time doing the content they enjoy. Not free hand outs or any nonsensical reason you come up with. It's like the sticker book, perfected weapons, upcoming antiquity changes, etc. All of these could be deemed "unfair" but guess what they are not, they are improvements to the game. A increase drop would benefit not only the housing but also the farmers themselves, why? Because they would be able to obtain more to SELL.

Same here, earn gold the way you enjoy and spend it on items that come from content you don't enjoy.

Like I started this pointless discussion - I want increased drop rates for content I want too, much like you want increased drop rates for content you want to do. And there is once again this hypothetical third person who probably wants increased drop rates in content they want to do. There is grind element to everything, and this is how they make you engage with all content and/or interact with other players. I too hate grinding things that I need at the moment, I would rather just play, but this is how this grindy game works, so I have to choose lesser evil and pay for things I don't want to farm myself. I don't want to part with my hoarded gold either, but it is better alternative to farming content I don't enjoy.

Last point is definitely wrong, increased drop rates will mean increased supply (more competition between farmers wanting to sell fast, more undercutting) and less demand (housing people can get their own runes), which will not only devalue existing stockpiles of material, but also make it less likely to sell. See any event with increased drops of something relevant to that event, but in this case it is not going to be temporary.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank zos for hyperinflation
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They could also just lower the amount of runes/heartwood it takes to make items. The market for Mundane Runes would probably actually inflate further as a result, though; if it takes say half as many runes to craft something, then more people will be willing to buy runes, demand will go up, supply will go down, and price will go up to 1.5 to 2x what it is now. Which would balance out to prices being about the same, however that would be fine since with half the runes needed, it would be infinitely easier to farm them for yourself, imo.
    Edited by merpins on June 1, 2022 8:15PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you really want mat prices to come down start advocating for a mat redesign and removal of the craft bag.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing and editing a handful of posts, we would like to remind everyone that Flaming is a violation of the Community Rules, and is stated as follows:
    • Flaming: It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.
    If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 1, 2022 11:23PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • aurorable
    aurorable
    ✭✭✭
    Last point is definitely wrong, increased drop rates will mean increased supply (more competition between farmers wanting to sell fast, more undercutting) and less demand (housing people can get their own runes), which will not only devalue existing stockpiles of material, but also make it less likely to sell. See any event with increased drops of something relevant to that event, but in this case it is not going to be temporary.

Events are meant to drop lots of items and events have large influx of players so of course prices are going to dip dramatically. You're comparing apples to oranges. A small increase to the drop rate wouldn't cause dips like events. With the game constantly getting new plans with more cost to make (higher demand) and supply not changing it's making things only more and more worse. Also more competition is good thing, it gives the buyer choices. Nothing is worse then a market controlled by a few people.

Crazy Cat Lady
    PC/NA CP2600+
    Stamsorc DPS (Master Crafter)
    DK Tank (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Necro Healer (Crafter)
    Warden Healer (Crafter)
    Sorc Healer (Crafter)
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    And last.. but not least another crafter!
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ez solution:

Earn more gold.

Finally someone gets it. For some reason everyone else thinks they need to farm everything themselves and then complains how boring housing is. Look up what endgame means. You're not meant to get everything after few weeks of playing. Are you doing vet trials after been playing only for few weeks or even few months? No.
    Why you think you should be able to get nice house fully furnished easily then? Noobs farm, veterans buy what they need. Dont have gold? Whos fault is that.
    I've been playing for years and have so much gold that I dont know what to do with it. Theres not enough gold sinks in the game. I buy all the mats or furnishings that I want and have no issues. That's why housing IS the ENDGAME people.

I have a new account. Therefore, the character has 0 CPs. Currently level 44.

I'm clearing zones, including doing the fishing. Now, full disclosure, other accounts sent this account bait to get it going.

However, in 10 days, from selling the perfect roe (since it takes Forever to get the last required trophy fish without any CPs to help you) I am currently at 1,350,000 gold - with 3 roe still in the bank.

There is money to be made if you just look around.

:#
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I don’t mind farming mundane runes myself, I use my gold to buy the furnishing plans I can’t get the drop for and motif pages as well. I only have so much gold but I have a lot of time.

So if I am unable to craft furnishings at a rate consistent enough to finish decorating my house, I would say the drop rate is too low.

Or I could say that there is so much competition for nodes that I am unable to find enough unlooted nodes to loot. I used to find many more enchanting nodes before all of the structural furnishing plans came out. If have been farming the same route for 5 years almost every day.

There needs to be an adjustment because the addition of structural plans that require lots of mundane runes for each crafted piece has upset the balance we had previously.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tales of tribute has housing material rewards
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    I also would like the amount of mundane runes needed, especially for building components like walls etc.

It's one of the reasons why I never really want to build a custom home or "renovate" homes
    Hall of Colossus - Alinor in Elsweyr | Alinor Crest Townhouse - Alinor Noble Estate | Colossal Aldmeri Grotto - Alinor Scenic Estate | Sleek Creek House - Khajiiti Paradise | Bouldertree Refuge - Flora Estate | Autumn's Gate - Sweet Autumn Lodge | Domus Phrasticus - Breton Country House | Exorcised Coven Cottage - Forest Cottage | Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery - The Starry Sky Inn | Mathiisen Manor - Mathiisen Wedding Hall | Humblemud - Torchic Barn Party House | Other inn rooms / apartments / homes