The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MUNDANE RUNE

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I find a lot of partially looted nodes when runestone farming - and whoever took the colored stone almost always leaves the mundane rune, for which of course I'm very grateful!

I have plenty of the green, blue, purple, gold stones but I can always use mundanes.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Every professional furnisher worth their salt would appreciate the Beacon of Tower Zero furnishing from Stormhaven. It creates a wonderful, natural light that brings many decrepit places to live.

I wish people would stop making proclamations like this about highly subjective things, as well as who might be good at something.
    Just because you like a particular furnishing doesn't make you any better a furnisher than anyone else who enjoys it.
    Nor does it mean that your opinion about that furnishing is definitive fact.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Northwold
      Northwold
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kusto wrote: »
      Endgame is supposed to be difficult. Furnishing mats are fine as is.

This isn't "difficult". Grinding isn't some kind of achievement. It's plain *boring*.
    • Ryath_Waylander
      Ryath_Waylander
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I must say, I've had a nice influx of mundane ruins and heartwood while grinding through my tales of tribute levels. Even Tribute defeat coffers can contain 5 Mundane or 5 heartwood in them. a consolation prize that puts a smile on my dial as I enjoy decorating my houses with furnishings I craft myself. Obviously no help to those who haven't purchased High Isle unfortunately. The glut of mother of pearl and clam gall is also nice to swap for my furnishing mats too.
    • NotaDaedraWorshipper
      NotaDaedraWorshipper
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      EF321 wrote: »
      Housing is called endagme for a reason.

But it's not endgame.
      [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    • Alchemical
      Alchemical
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I've always felt like the fact they're not in surveys is an oversight they simply never went back and fixed, the fact that surveys can still get the double rewards from the CP star and can drop other things like Nirncrux make it baffling that they don't furniture mats. And it's not like surveys are free, unlimited sources, you only get as many of those as you have crafters, which is putting time and resources in to get something out. It would be completely balanced to include them imo, and would give me a reason to stop destroying enchanter and woodworking surveys due to the sheer amount of those mats I already have outside of their furnishing counterparts.

Even if you guaranteed a single mundane rune in every Protean node, that's what, like 5 or 6? Not even enough for a lot of furnishing pieces.
    • oldbobdude
      oldbobdude
      ✭✭✭✭
      Hey! I make a lot of gold selling mundane rune, heartwood and decorative wax. My kids will starve if you take my market!
    • mavfin
      mavfin
      ✭✭✭✭
      Kusto wrote: »
      Endgame is supposed to be difficult. Furnishing mats are fine as is.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with their quantity at all.
    • Carcamongus
      Carcamongus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I relax while harvesting mats, so I have a nice hoard of the furnishing ones. Note that I'm in a privileged position not because I applied myself to something challenging, but just because I find the task of farming to be pleasant. It feels great to grab a node and see some heartwood or mundane runes, but, again, that's just my particular taste.

I acknowledge not everyone has as much free time to despoil the environment as I do and many consider that activity outright boring. That being said, I agree with people's complaints that these mats aren't plentiful enough. I don't think asking for some tweaks is akin to begging for handouts. Besides, one option would be to add more ways to obtain these mats, so people might get them through different sorts of efforts: add them to daily writs' reward coffers, have them drop from dungeon/trial bosses (hey, if the stuff's so valuable, why wouldn't the bad guys hoard them too?), add them to surveys, put them with quest rewards from the Mages Guild, etc. You still have to work for them, but now you have more choices.

For real, though, these runes are anything but mundane!
      Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
      "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    • DreamyLu
      DreamyLu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      For me, drop rate is fine.

Grinding is something we create ourselves: people need mats and that fast, so they start farming intensively and since most don't like it, it becomes grinding. However, it's in no way mandatory. Nobody is forced to it. Personally, I never grind. Counter part is that I get my stuff after long time only. But that's OK to me. It's just a choice we do to grind or not.

Beside, as said by others, there is the trading market. Earning gold and purchasing is probably a lot faster than farming mats. And yes, true, items like mundane stones are expensive, but that's exactly what makes the trading market alive and what makes that we have a game economy.

Generally sets/weapons/items that are more valuable than others are hard to get. It's supposed to need work, time, efforts and money, so that we get a true feeling of achievement when we finally get it. That's the reason for the suffering... :D
      I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
    • kieso
      kieso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Farming them is mundane 🙃
    • FantasticFreddie
      FantasticFreddie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Adding them to the enchanting surveys would definitely help the value of the surveys, which currently get destroyed as soon as I get them.