The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you spend your in-game gold on?

harvey07
harvey07
✭✭✭
i am curious to what people spend gold on. i keep hearing about all the mega millions people are making...but why? my gold just keeps going up from vendoring most everything and the odd auction items. i never need to purchase stuff....so i get extremely curious when i hear about items selling for millions - i am like 'why!?!'. there comes a point to where you really do have enough gold.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Potions. Sometimes mats to upgrade gear. If there is a plan/recipe that I really want, but Id usually prefer to get those things through normal gameplay. Potions mostly. I need an intervention.
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These days I spend them on treasure maps, but I also bought a windmill not too long ago, and a motif (lost half of my gold on those two things but it was worth it)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually spend it on rare outfit styles that I don't have. Older undaunted styles or the pvp RNG ones. Many of those styles cost 1 million+ gold each so the millions get rotated back to other players. If I get to the point where I have all the collectibles I want, I suppose I could crown to gold convert it into store items as that can easily eat up millions at a time.

I guess my point is, if I feel a need to spend 100 million gold, I could find a way to do it. The gold isn't necessarily just sitting there collecting dust.
  • Ttree
    Ttree
    ✭✭✭
    i spend about 2 mill a week on mats to make the stuff i sell , turnover is what i am looking for and a small profit at the end of the week
  • GoldenGirl
    GoldenGirl
    ✭✭✭
    Motifs. I like wandering through the locked styles in the outfit station.. if I see something I like and it's available in guild traders, I go buy it. :)
    Edited by GoldenGirl on May 24, 2022 7:22PM
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    when i'm not wasting it being indecisive on my fashion, my gold gets spent on everything from gear i want, to fashion styles i'd like to try out, trash potions for me to chug or crafting materials i'm lacking
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Motifs, definitely. Also, jewelry crafting trait material, because it is so hard to get.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Usually collectables in game and luxuary furnishing.
    Occasionaly the golden vendor got something I enjoy.
  • JumboWheat01
    JumboWheat01
    ✭✭
    Main thing I spend gold on is probably item repair fees. They add up over time...
    Echoes from the west, great hammers will fall...
    Under high rocks all will answer the call...
    Bring us your arms, pariahs of yore...
  • ThreeXB
    ThreeXB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unknown sticker book gear, unknown furniture recipes, collectable fragments
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motif pages and furnishing plans that I don't have.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Homes. Luxury vendor's items. Motif pages I don't want to farm for.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #1 Guild dues.

Other than that motifs, prismatic glyphs (I horde my Hajeiko), gold level mats (again, hording), the occasional gear piece, and collectibles
  • Ttree
    Ttree
    ✭✭✭
    #1 Guild dues.

Other than that motifs, prismatic glyphs (I horde my Hajeiko), gold level mats (again, hording), the occasional gear piece, and collectibles

For Real how much do you pay to be part of that guild ?? Because with you and your fellow players there is NO guild
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Furnishing recipes. New motif pages.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GoldenGirl wrote: »
    Motifs. I like wandering through the locked styles in the outfit station.. if I see something I like and it's available in guild traders, I go buy it. :)

I spend way too much on motif pages at any given time, and then I sit back and amass more gold to go again a few weeks later.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Ttree
    Ttree
    ✭✭✭
    Wine Women and Songs the rest i just waste
  • WithMyLaserGun
    WithMyLaserGun
    ✭✭✭
    Furnishings, houses, furnishing patterns and furnishing mats.
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outfit station, got to die in style in Cyro & PvE
    Also mats for the crafter, set items and sometimes furniture, motifs & outfit styles.

• yoyo420232
    yoyo420232
    ✭✭✭
    I spend my gold on everything that takes time to farm for me I like the trial endgame pve scene so my gold goes to good potions gold mats to gold out support gear and the occasional furniture from the lux vendor I usually make my gold by farming furnishing plans sold a praxis khajiit enchanted brazier for 20m the other day
  • tauriel01
    tauriel01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am my husband's sugar momma :D
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought all of the houses that are available for gold, only exception being Hakkvilds since i doubt I'll every meet the achievement requirement. With the update to allow port to the outside of homes, these are very helpful to have.

I was buying luxury furnishings, but after a year I now only get what is new on the vendor.

I am currently buying golden vendor monster sets since I'm not into dungeons (though now starting them as I need some mythic leads from them, but can't see grinding for sets).

I occasionally search for motifs and furnishing plans I don't have, but I have a limit on how much I'm willing to spend on any particular item. I'm also browsing traders for sticker book set completion, but also a limit on how much I'll spend on an item.

Mostly now I just sell 2-3 chromium platings each week (9 characters doing daily writs), and various other things I don't want to collect/use. Otherwise, I vendor/decon most everything. Still gain more gold than I need each week.

Edited by Taggund on May 24, 2022 7:52PM
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most of mine goes toward buying stuff for my gf ---- or buying stuff to flip.

one nice thing about having a ton of gold is i can buy pretty much anything i want.

• DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mats....and that's about it. I could care less about motifs and furnishings really.
  • JellySunset
    JellySunset
    ✭✭✭
    Motifs, furnishings and housing stuff mostly but sometimes materials.
    PC EU
    PC NA
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what I need at the time. It's usually something from guild traders, to avoid a grind, like holiday items I don't feel like grinding out, or a few extra Chromium platings I don't want to farm/wait for.

After the main things - mount upgrades, inventory upgrades - that sort of thing - there isn't much to spend money on besides player goods, so that's good enough reason for me to follow my whims.

The kind of unnecessary hoarding people do in this game is insane. Oh, you have over a billion gold? Cool. It's just sitting in your bank? Cool, cool. You just like looking at it? Cool, cool cool.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost nothing TBH.

About 6 months ago, I dropped a few mil to fill out my sticker book. Occasionally will pay for a BOP item I see drop that I really dont feel like farming, but thats about it. I did enough writs for enough years that I have more mats than I could ever use. I have enough AP for spell pots or anything from the golden vendor. I might make a push to buy up the motifs I am missing at some point.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a lot.

I used to buy motifs fairly regularly but since I got Master Crafter I've slowed down on that. I go through phases of buying furnishings or furnishing plans and materials but not that often.

The good part is it means I don't need to waste time farming gold. I sell stuff I don't need through my guild's trader, but I don't go out of my way to get stuff to sell because I don't need it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It just goes into my bank... Last thing I bought were motifs to fill out some missing pieces during the last Anniversary event.
    Playing since beta...
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Luxury furnishings
    PC EU