The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What do you spend your in-game gold on?

• majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy a motifs every so often to fill out missing ones. Occasional a set piece that I am missing from overland sets, when i find them for under 1K
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lockpicks.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely Motifs, if you can't look good, you definitely won't play good.

It's like unlocking the 2nd Outfit for Sub Zero in Deadly Alliance, that's when you really got good at him.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown Trading
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guild auctions. My trading guild often has crown store items or crates in its weekly auction and those can go for 2-4 million gold.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gold mats to upgrade gear or housing stuff mostly.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rarely anything, usually just dump most of my gold into my bank.

Guild trader dues in 4 trade guilds.

Overland sets I want to make use of with the desired traits.

I will sometimes buy new motifs that interest me once the prices start dropping, I use to make a point of collecting them all on the off chance someone would request some gear crafted in a certain style but that happened twice in the entire time I have been playing so I stopped bothering.

I will buy monster helms I don't have on the golden. Rarely stuff off the luxury vendor.

Sometimes I will buy gold upgrade mats for sets I want to use right away but more often I will just do writs and get the mats myself without having to spend gold.

When I do writs I stock up on all the mats used, I prioritize the guilds I am in for those purchases, lately haven't been doing writs so haven't really bought anything in a while.

Sometimes I will buy new houses that can be bought with gold.

Will repair with gold and teleport without going to the wayshrines all the time.

Can make as much purple food as I want but still got plenty of crown food from daily log in rewards same for daily log in potions.

Other than those which happen rarely the gold just keeps building up in my bank, once I crossed the 100 million mark I stopped going out of my way to make more, just doing writs on my main, vendoring junk and white gear from enemies and selling any set drops or rare stuff I happen to pick up.

Doing that some weeks I lose gold, others I break even or for example when I looted a purple companion gear piece I sold for 2 million, it recouped my losses, even if I just sold the gold mats from doing writs on my main(which I am currently hoarding) I would easily stay in the black even with my weekly dues to my trade guilds.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is my crafter, so sometimes motifs or furniture recipes, sometimes new houses. Mostly, she is the money maker for 9 other characters...bunch of moochers! :lol:
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crowns.
    Guild dues.
    Guild auctions.
    Random stuff I find on traders that I like.
    But, mostly crowns.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Golden Vendor in Cyrodiil for monster helms to put in my stickerbook.
    - Odd pieces of set items from guild traders if I'm trying to gather a set to use.
    - Don't tell anyone, but I dropped a lot of gold buying the Timbercrow Wanderer costume.
    - I prefer group dungeons I can solo and tend to ignore those I can't (that would be all DLC dungeons). So, I spent a lot of gold on key fragments to farm a set of Spell Power Cure for my healer.

I don't mind spending in game gold. I have a lot of it because my housing and motif expenses are negligible and my repair costs are zero.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Furnishing plans and mats
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing anymore.
    I used to buy item sets but now I can reconstruct everything.
    I used to buy potion mats, but now I get those from daily logins and PvP.
    I used to buy style pages and motifs but you don't really need those anymore if your costumes look better and hide your outfit.
    I used to buy houses, but ZOS stopped releasing houses for gold (the really large ones anyway).
    I used to buy luxury furniture but the quality of new luxury furnishings has dropped a lot, with no novelty left at all.
    For a time I used to buy crown store items via crown trading, but as everyone started doing that the price of crowns went up more than I think they are worth and so I stopped that as well.

ZOS doesn't care about the state of the ingame economy. That's why they've been adding more and more ways to save gold, give gold and consumables away for free in the login rewards without adding anything new to spend gold on. I'm sure they are thinking "the ESO economy regulates itself" but the ESO economy also lacks a central bank, which is ZOS' role in all of this.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    harvey07 wrote: »
    i am curious to what people spend gold on. i keep hearing about all the mega millions people are making...but why? my gold just keeps going up from vendoring most everything and the odd auction items. i never need to purchase stuff....so i get extremely curious when i hear about items selling for millions - i am like 'why!?!'. there comes a point to where you really do have enough gold.

I wish I had your problem. If you are ever in a friendly mode you can send some extra my way.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rarely Upgrading gear , motifs.

Collectibles during imperial city events.

Crown trades.

Appearance change token...should had bought when it was on sale D:
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking pretty.

Motifs and style pages, and the occasional consumable collectible I've missed from previous events.
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every house that can be bought with gold.

Working on all the motifs and furniture recipes.

Traded gold for assistants and armory slots from crown store. Also from time to time will trade gold for 15 crates.

Once while hanging out in Craglorn I saw among all the looking for group messages a looking for 100k gold message. So I sent it. I send 10k gold to players fairly regular thanking them for helping others in zone chat. Sent gold to two players after I watched a really long duel they had thanking them for entertaining me. Dancers also can receive some gold if the mood strikes.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes crafting motifs I need for master writs, sometimes Jewelry crafting materials I'm out of or short on, sometimes player housing, and sometimes set gear I haven't collected yet. Most of the time, though, I just save it.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing. Homes, furniture (luxury/achievement/zone vendors).

Every once in a blue moon, a motif or recipe from a guild trader, for a master writ.

I've never had more than ~1.7mil. Never sold anything to another player. /shrug
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furnishings, furnishing patterns, furnishing mats and houses.
    PCNA
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not many stuffs tho ... sometimes glyphs / gear sets for new build .
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess quite a lot goes into housing and things related to furnishing those houses. This could include buying crowns to get those houses, which are crown exclusive as well. Eventually this will include buying furnishing plans, mats and so on. This can easily swallow tens of millions gold and will still be just a first attempt to get it done.
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to collect my own but know most raiders spend a ton of gold on consumables and gold mats. Try being an endgame dps fully golding out all your sets and using ulti pots. I primarily tank and it tends to not be as expensive. There are exceptions though, like the powerful assault ice staff (2mil+). For me personally, mostly it's crowns and guild events.

Then, if you want to get into housing (which I don't) I hear that is a giant money sink. There are also motifs for the fashion-forward.
    Edited by Stalwart385 on May 25, 2022 2:48AM
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've bought all the expensive houses with gold and now I'm spending my gold by:
    - buying potions
    - buying goodies from the Golden Vendor
    - buying cool furniture from the Luxury Vendor
    - investing in items I think will keep or increase their price
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly on motifs. :)
    i TurNeD inTo A mARtian 👽 // PC EU seit 2020 (3302CP) // PS EU von 2015-2020 (1250CP)
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i am curious to what people spend gold on. i keep hearing about all the mega millions people are making...but why? my gold just keeps going up from vendoring most everything and the odd auction items. i never need to purchase stuff....so i get extremely curious when i hear about items selling for millions - i am like 'why!?!'. there comes a point to where you really do have enough gold.

Headgear in Cyrodiil on the weekends that I don't have from The Golden. That sucks up 300K gold per set. Another area is motifs.

It is going to take a while. I didn't go for the headgear on the PS4, so I stopped pursuing motifs as strongly and ended up with 2 mil on each server often skipping crafting dailies.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    Motifs, because fashion is endgame. And furnishings, because housing is also endgame.
  • Ajaxcat
    Ajaxcat
    ✭✭

For me I would guess Lux vendor items, furnishing blueprints, motifs etc. mainly and occasionally (but rarely) gear or upgrade mats (but only if I'm doing a lot of upgrades I usually have plenty of mats). Oh and depending on guilds I may buy raffle tix or make a donation but it's rare a spend a lot there.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Motifs are number one followed by housing items. After all fashion and decorating are the real end game!
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mainly on motifs and crafting materials.
    Edited by Sarannah on May 25, 2022 2:02PM
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hardly anyone visits my Villa with a Giant Daedric Throne made out of Smaller Daedric Thrones.......

So I spend most my money on Motifs. Because if you don't look good, why even play?
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup