The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Solution for Gold inflation AND Fake Taking

SaintJohnHM
SaintJohnHM
✭✭✭✭
Let players buy transmute crystals with gold from game vendors (or maybe a weekend vendor, like The Golden). This will be a huge gold sink and it will keep a lot of people out of random dungeon queues who are only there to grind transmutes and ruin the adventures of players who are in the dungeons to actually play them.

Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 29, 2022 6:17PM
  • Casual PVE player PC/NA
  • Tank CP2400 'Sugar-Flame'
  • I've completed all the dungeon trifectas. Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, and looking for nice folks to complete more trial achieves with.
  • I make music: http://www.moonghostband.com.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This "solution" won't fix the "issues" since not all players run the daily random dungeon for the transmute crystals.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make selecting fake roles Reportable.

It will 1000% be abused.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just let ppl sell transmute crystals on guild traders. It wont solve much but will make my life easier.

And about this "gold sink". This would just make rewards for Pledges/Random Dungeons/PvP worth less as whats the point when u can just buy those without any limits from an NPC....
    So ppl would just get back to waiting 20m for random dungeons because nobody would queue for those sweet transmute stones.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel that fake taking is better than real taking though. At least the victim still has their stuff.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would do little to hinder inflation. Those active playing the game will still play the game to get crystals and still have the gold to buy chromium and whatever else they need.
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd spend (sink) millions of gold if this was an option.
    • I've completed all the dungeon trifectas. Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, and looking for nice folks to complete more trial achieves with.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggest problem with the gold inflation you’re seeing is that it was generated legit. No gold duping involved.

Gold sinks are the only solution.

Sell Apex Mounts and Radiant Apex mounts for enormous amounts of gold. Something like:

PC
    Apex = 80,000,000 gold
    Radiant Apex = 240,000,000 gold

Console
    Apex = 10,000,000 gold
    Radiant Apex = 30,000,000 gold

Idk what the correct values are but, this would be a way to delete some of the enormous amounts of currency floating around the market.
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    I never have any gold, I must be horrible at making gold
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could make you set permanent roles,and only changable with tokens from store,or huge amounts of gold,like 5m per change,and have a 7 day cooldown.That would solve it partly,but there's enough groups that don't mind fake roles,so that would hinder them,and make DPS queue times even longer.
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could make you set permanent roles,and only changable with tokens from store,or huge amounts of gold,like 5m per change,and have a 7 day cooldown.That would solve it partly,but there's enough groups that don't mind fake roles,so that would hinder them,and make DPS queue times even longer.

Interesting idea, but players legitimately change roles with the armoury system more often than once per week.
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea, but players legitimately change roles with the armoury system more often than once per week.

That's the thing,there's no real solution,unless there's an inconvenience to players.If someone wants to run dungeons with real roles,make a group.If you do randoms,hope people now what they doing,especially in vet dlc,lol.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That would defeat the purpose of the armory. It would likely reduce the number of tanks in the queue as well, real tanks. My tanks can and do also DPS in dungeons and trials. Some of my DPS also tank, as real tanks. If I had to pay 5m gold to change them, Id simply forgo the pledge/random and you'd have one less tank in the queue.

• Jimbob47
    Jimbob47
    ✭✭
    May I suggest that the solution for "fake tanking" is for those who are truly bothered by it to create a tank! Outside of a Vet DLC dungeon I have no issues with a fake tank provided they stand still.

But if I'm on a Magblade with inner fire slotted does that make me a fake tank?
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can't solve the fake roles issue threw game mechanisms because there is no way to separate between a "fake" role, a "bad" role, and an "ignorant newbie".if you can find a valid way to do that with how ESO is designed that won't cause problems with the player base then you should apply for a job with ZOS.

In the meantime the only proven way to get rid of the fake tank issue is for you to either become part of the issue or part of the solution. Simply put... become the tank.

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could allow players to run random dungeons in a queue with their current group size instead of requiring a full 4 person party. Any fake tank can just solo or duo it with a friend.

It has the negative effect of not backfilling for specific dungeons, which can be seen as a concern.

You could also change the random normal queue to just not require any specific roles at all. You can't fake tank if there is no tank role to begin with. It would change the group dynamic with no specified tank. Any given member would need to "tank" in any given fight if nobody has a taunt slotted. It might encourage players to learn mechanics a bit better or possibly play their build a bit more defensively and would lead to nearly instant queue times as you'd simply be waiting for 3 other people to queue.

There is no perfect answer to the problem of fake roles, just answers that create other issues which may or may not be worse than fake roles to begin with. That all depends on the person.
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    You can't solve the fake roles issue threw game mechanisms because there is no way to separate between a "fake" role, a "bad" role, and an "ignorant newbie".if you can find a valid way to do that with how ESO is designed that won't cause problems with the player base then you should apply for a job with ZOS.

In the meantime the only proven way to get rid of the fake tank issue is for you to either become part of the issue or part of the solution. Simply put... become the tank.

My proposed solution would help remove the desire for people to want to grind dungeons for crystals and therefore queue as a fake tank to get into dungeons faster even though they can't even taunt etc.
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    i started selling in guilds and selling stuff when use it started only today doing motifs and others for collection lol.. and others been doing the whole of game and all quests
    wish there was a passive quests addon for other quests that dont show,,
    wish they has all quests show lol..
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Biggest problem with the gold inflation you’re seeing is that it was generated legit. No gold duping involved.

Sell Apex Mounts and Radiant Apex mounts for enormous amounts of gold. Something like:

PC
    Apex = 80,000,000 gold

Console
    Apex = 10,000,000 gold

Idk what the correct values are but, this would be a way to delete some of the enormous amounts of currency floating around the market.

I like the theory behind this idea. I'd consider opening it up and just plain selling crates for gold instead of the specific mounts. You can offer them at a lower, more attainable price for the masses while providing a steady, continuous, never ending gold sink for players. Keep it to just older seasons so the newest season in the crown store isn't losing cash money sales. Maybe 100k - 300k per crate? The price would be the difficult part.

The key with the concept is that gold is taken out of the economy and a bound to account cosmetic is added so it's essentially a one way gold void.
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭

PC
    Apex = 80,000,000 gold

Console
    Apex = 10,000,000 gold

Yep, I understand ZOS's desire to keep the some of the super cool looking mounts in the crown store where people have to pay real money, but I also think there should be way more regular gold-purchasable mounts in game, it would help sink a lot of gold.
  • deleted220614-000183
    I think that regular people from playerbase absolutely underestimate the scope of the gold inflation catastrophe.

We are not talking about millions and billions but trillions of golds wich are accumulating and not being destroyed.

By trading you dont destroy golds, just change owner.

Gold sinks don't exist as nothing valuable enough exists in gold economy and the biggest spending is hiring NPC traders.
    In Vivec it is 50-100M per week,in other good locations 30-50M per week and in poor locations 4-10M per week / my estimation as the winning bids are top secret BUT as you can see, even this amount of golds is less then generated.

I call it writ disaster as majority of these golds are generated by daily writs but I was already marked as conspiration teorist by moderators...

So we are not facing "gold inflation", we are not facing crowns to gold exchange shift from 300:1 to 3000:1 in one year period, everything is nice and normal and uner control, don't worry.
    Edited by deleted220614-000183 on May 24, 2022 3:47PM
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    trpajzla wrote: »
    I think that regular people from playerbase absolutely underestimates the scope of the gold inflation catastrophe.

We are not talking about millions and billions but trillions of golds wich are accumulating and not being destroyed.

Gold sinks don't exist as nothing valuable enough exists in gold economy and the biggest spending is hiring NPC traders.
    In Vivec it is 50-100M per week,in other good locations 30-50M per week and in poor locations 4-10M per week / my estimation as the winning bids are top secret BUT as you can see, even this amount of golds is less then generated.

I call it writ disaster as majority of these golds are generated by daily writs but I was already marked as conspiration teorist by moderators...

So we are not facing "gold inflation", we are not facing crowns to gold exchange shift from 300:1 to 3000:1 in one year period, everything is nice and normal and uner control, don't worry.

Yep, that's why the proposed transmute purchases from game vendor(s) should be account bound. I would spend millions on transmutes, and I know others would too. I think there are a few areas where they could introduce gold sinks that would mostly only affect players with lots of gold who want some QoL options.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    The actual solution to fake tanks is for ZOS to make it so you don't get grouped with people on your ignore list, then if you don't like them you won't get stuck with them. This is how most MMOs solve the problem of bad social interactions.
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    The actual solution to fake tanks is for ZOS to make it so you don't get grouped with people on your ignore list, then if you don't like them you won't get stuck with them. This is how most MMOs solve the problem of bad social interactions.

I would rather fake tanks not have the desire to grind for crystals in the first place so players don't have to fill their 100 limit ignore list. ESO also needs more gold sinks like this.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC
    Apex = 80,000,000 gold

Console
    Apex = 10,000,000 gold

I like the theory behind this idea. I'd consider opening it up and just plain selling crates for gold instead of the specific mounts. You can offer them at a lower, more attainable price for the masses while providing a steady, continuous, never ending gold sink for players. Keep it to just older seasons so the newest season in the crown store isn't losing cash money sales. Maybe 100k - 300k per crate? The price would be the difficult part.

The key with the concept is that gold is taken out of the economy and a bound to account cosmetic is added so it's essentially a one way gold void.

I like that idea too!
  • b101uk
    b101uk
    ✭✭✭
    the solution to inflation is to cap the maximum gold you can have, anything over the cap is just removed.
    else
    have tax caps, that above which increasingly larger % of all gold income is removed as tax, at the top end 100% tax would mean you only wall get 0% of the total income of gold, and link income too to a span of time for tax purpose.

then Zos just need to implement maximum item prices.

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    b101uk wrote: »
    the solution to inflation is to cap the maximum gold you can have, anything over the cap is just removed.
    else
    have tax caps, that above which increasingly larger % of all gold income is removed as tax, at the top end 100% tax would mean you only wall get 0% of the total income of gold, and link income too to a span of time for tax purpose.

then Zos just need to implement maximum item prices.

Easily broken. Have dummy accounts that hold gold or keep it in guild banks instead of on players. You'd be rewarding players that have the resources for multiple accounts and punishing the vast majority that likely only have one account. As long as gold can be transferred, a gold cap does nothing. Players could even just store gold as items and materials as many do already in order to combat inflation.
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trpajzla wrote: »
    I think that regular people from playerbase absolutely underestimate the scope of the gold inflation catastrophe.

It doesn't really matter. There are so many accounts sitting on billions of gold who never play the game, so any gold sink won't affect them in any case. You can buy 1m gold for a couple of dollars online, say 3m is $5. at 3000:1 that's $5 for 1000 crowns. At the cheapest normal rate of crowns we're talking $100 for 21k crowns - still only 2/3 of the cost in the store.

Inflation ain't going anywhere. In fact it's far more likely that the cost of gold online will just keep falling.
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the interaction with other player, add give this player money option, problem solve :D
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a free market, there is no easy-fix solution to inflation. If there is going to be a fix, it must come from the users, not a governing force to "correct" the behavior. Because you will create more problems and the abusers will simply move to another form of advantage.

Probably the most obvious solution is just don't purchase over-priced products. The market will respond accordingly.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

My proposed solution would help remove the desire for people to want to grind dungeons for crystals and therefore queue as a fake tank to get into dungeons faster even though they can't even taunt etc.

ZOS won't likely sell transmutes for gold any time soon. They use it as an incentive to get players to participate in group content, whether it's pvp or pve. It also would just make group finder harder to queue for. Case in point. I tried to farm the lead for the kilt in ruins of Mazz. I was queueing as a healer. Had a 40 min wait for queue to pop, it was a random normal crew farming transmutes. If you make randoms not needed or you can get transmutes in quantity without doing lots of pvp everyday then why would players queue for them?

No what needs to be addressed is the underlying problem which is simply this. VERY few players want to play ESO in the tank role and too many ESO players want to play the dps role. Couple that with the fact that if you play a tank or healer you are pushed to group play and not solo play, whereas dps can do whatever they want except get into a random normal without any extended wait time.
This discussion has been closed.