The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Kicked from a guild without warning or explanation...(Mild rant)

• xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am the vp of a guild that caters to the offensive.

we have very few rules -- no drama -- do not attack other members -- no religion or politics in chat.

over the years i have probably kicked maybe 20 people ---- they all had one thing in common --- every one of them deserved it.

so while they may not have communicated the reason to you --- they obviously felt they had reason.

• tauriel01
    tauriel01
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of people online with skin so thin you wonder how their insides don't burst out. They take insult at the slightest thing, as if they run around LOOKING for insults. Sounds like you just found a guild full of them. You're better off elsewhere. Plenty of active guilds with fun events.
  • DizzyMac
    DizzyMac
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you were chatting to someone the Guild Leader is romantically interested in. So the leader booted you out of jealousy and made up rubbish excuses
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry about it. You don't want to be in a guild run like that anyway.

Sometimes it takes a while to find a good fit so just hang in there.
  • Ttree
    Ttree
    ✭✭✭
    OP IMO there loss not yours
  • Crismac
    Crismac
    ✭✭✭
    I had one guild I donated 50k each week on top of sales in-store. And still got kicked out for not posting in Discord each week, their loss.

All the others I am in now have had no problems with my weekly 50k donation and sales in-store and not getting kicked out.
    Edited by Crismac on May 24, 2022 4:51PM
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crismac wrote: »
    I had one guild I donated 50k each week on top of sales in-store. And still got kicked out for not posting in Discord each week, their loss.

All the others I am in now have had no problems with my weekly 50k donation and sales in-store and not getting kicked out.

agreed. i am in like 12 guilds --- if any of them required discord they can go pound sand
  • demonssnightfireb14_ESO
    I have been kicked from more guilds then I care to count so now I simply use guilds for a good trader location and to get assistance if I need anything. I refrain from getting personally involved with anyone in this game or a guild as it usually leads to disappointment, hurt feelings, pettiness and anger. Im a 60 yr old gamer on the ps4 and well my attitude and the fact that I do not like to be censored when I am taking a break from real life and just want to relax and cut loose tends to get me in trouble lol. Most of your big guilds are cliques and the officers are all friends who have known each other awhile and they use the membership as a means to make money be it raffles, auctions, donations or whatever. I have had a guild going on 8 yrs now and it is not active people I have invited come and go as they please when they are here I say hi offer some help and will try and hang out. To sum this up.....BIG guilds are now ran like a business unless your in the clique, you are merely another number and source to try and get some income out of......best advice make you a series of toon's and become self sufficient so you do not need a guild or help to do whatever you want and simply enjoy eso for what it is...A GAME
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let it be their loss.

I am surprised guilds can kick anyone, considering how empty the game has been recently...

Lol you're joking right. I mean really you're joking....there are over 20 million accounts across all platforms and PC is by the largest chunk of that with over 10M+ I believe.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been kicked from about 10 guilds, who cares, there's always the next one, and likely better too :D
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been in the same guild for 5 years, don't participate really except for a trial once in a blue moon, go on a hiatus for several months at a time, and I've never been kicked. I guess they just really like me.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    Northwold wrote: »
    If this is true I would have thought that actually is against the terms of service. It's racism.

Well, it's a type of bigotry yes( which racism could arguably fall under) but not racism. I suppose I COULD have reported it if I had bothered to get proof or official statements from others and possibly forced my way back into the guild...

A player cannot force their way back into a guild. ZoS will not make any guild have any player for a member that they do not want.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 25, 2022 6:40PM
    PCNA
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If this is true I would have thought that actually is against the terms of service. It's racism.

Well, it's a type of bigotry yes( which racism could arguably fall under) but not racism. I suppose I COULD have reported it if I had bothered to get proof or official statements from others and possibly forced my way back into the guild...

A player cannot force their way back into a guild. ZoS will not make any guild have any player for a member that they do not want.

Zos won't force a person into a guild. But the can and have forcibly dismantled guilds.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a GM of a big trade guild, and I have absolutely no patience for gold sellers/buyers. If I see someone in the MM data selling motif pages for 500k when there's pages and pages and pages of 10k or less prices for them on TTC, that's a red flag, and I'll call it out. If they stop, good. If they don't, they know where the door is. People want to be shady, they can start their OWN shady guilds. But leave that crap out of ours.

I realize this isn't the OP's situation; I'm just saying that there's multiple reasons why a GM might kick someone. People using our trade guild as a front for gold selling/buying is one of them, at least for me.
    Edited by Saucy_Jack on May 25, 2022 7:00PM
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let it be their loss.

I am surprised guilds can kick anyone, considering how empty the game has been recently...

We have an inactivity policy of 3 weeks without notice before you are removed to make room for new recruits, even as a casual trade guild we need to keep the roster active to have as many potential sales as possible. There's a "no kick" rule for anyone who tells us they'll be gone longer, no matter what the reason so there's no excuse for vanishing lol. Anyone who can review applications for a guild must know the sheer number of new player applications that come through daily, it's astounding. A good 75% of the new players that apply quit the game after a month or less, it's just how things go. If they come back later all they have to do is say "hello" and they are back in :P. My point is... We are constantly between 475 and 500 members because there are plenty of people.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that's why I used the word possibly. If given the choice to reinstate someone you violated tos to kick or disband the guild entirely, some might choose to swallow their pride and reinstate the person they wronged. The Zos handler might feel nice that day and give them a choice instead of slamming them with the hardest punishment. Life is full of twists and turns my friend, when dealing with people 2+2 sometimes equals 3 when they take a sharp right and no matter how logical and ordered a person's thoughts are, "can not" doesn't exist.

All that being said I've put more thought into taking out my trash than that person's opinion. Who cares?
  • Chiaroscuro
    Chiaroscuro
    ✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    I'm a GM of a big trade guild, and I have absolutely no patience for gold sellers/buyers. If I see someone in the MM data selling motif pages for 500k when there's pages and pages and pages of 10k or less prices for them on TTC, that's a red flag, and I'll call it out. If they stop, good. If they don't, they know where the door is. People want to be shady, they can start their OWN shady guilds. But leave that crap out of ours.

I realize this isn't the OP's situation; I'm just saying that there's multiple reasons why a GM might kick someone. People using our trade guild as a front for gold selling/buying is one of them, at least for me.

I realize this is going to come off naive as all get out, but how is this related to gold selling?

(Asking because I'm suddenly paranoid about not using TTC to price my stuff and just winging it all the time)
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »

I realize this is going to come off naive as all get out, but how is this related to gold selling?

(Asking because I'm suddenly paranoid about not using TTC to price my stuff and just winging it all the time)

I am guessing that large amounts of gold exchange hands through the trade interface with nonsensical transactions. I seem to recall this was how things worked in EQ back in the day; after the added the bazaar (trading hub). Person purchasing gold puts a cheap item up for sale in the bazaar at a ridiculous price. Person selling the gold buys it. It amazes me that this is "still a thing" over 20 years later. Kinda blowing my mind a bit. 500k seems like a low amount for a gold transaction; but, that might be my own naivety. I mean, I send and receive that much through the mail with family, friends, between accounts, guild stuff and the occasional random new guy....somewhat regularly.

Thing is; someone could also be using your Guild Store as "additional inventory" also. Running out of room? Put something you DON't want to sell for a ridiculous price. If it sells; fine, you got funds and then some to buy a new one. If it doesn't; it is tucked away in the guild store and not taking up space in your inventory.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EozZoe1989 wrote: »
    i think then eso needs to have a thing in place were we have to be in a guild for 2 weeks.. and if then we can kick people beacuse they have not been on.. if tell people you not on for while they write it down.. or message them-- meow
    i think some people go inactive and some guilds like active and money loll

Zenimax has no business interfering with guilds operations as long as they are not in violation of the TOS and code of conduct.

A great example of why a 2 week moratorium would be a bad idea is when I abruptly kicked a person who was causing drama in the guild. They had been in the guild about a week.

Zenimax should have no say in that. It’s not their business as log. As we are not in violation of the TOS or code of conduct as I said.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, for a lot of guilds it's a trial period the first few weeks to see if you're a good fit. Just remember it's a community of real people, sometimes people don't mesh, even if they don't openly discuss it. If it's not a good fit, just find one that is, no reason to get upset over something that happen already, just move on.

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m a little surprised with how many people are backing up the GM who kicked OP. Of course they had some reason, but it doesn’t excuse the absolute lack of communication with OP about whatever they deemed to be the issue. I was in a similar situation where I was suddenly kicked from a guild I loved, and it took a lot of asking to hear what the reason was. Thought these people were my friends, but in the end, it was a facade. The least they could have done was pull me aside and tell me to knock whatever I was doing off. The GM in this story could have done the same, but they took the most uncaring route. Reason or no reason, if there’s ZERO communication with the offender, it’s a scummy and low thing to kick them from a guild like that.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m a little surprised with how many people are backing up the GM who kicked OP. Of course they had some reason, but it doesn’t excuse the absolute lack of communication with OP about whatever they deemed to be the issue. I was in a similar situation where I was suddenly kicked from a guild I loved, and it took a lot of asking to hear what the reason was. Thought these people were my friends, but in the end, it was a facade. The least they could have done was pull me aside and tell me to knock whatever I was doing off. The GM in this story could have done the same, but they took the most uncaring route. Reason or no reason, if there’s ZERO communication with the offender, it’s a scummy and low thing to kick them from a guild like that.

Yeah I get what you're saying, but I thought this community was used to Zero Communication ;)

seriously though,

It sucks that you were done wrong and I think in a perfect world you should discuss issues like this with guild members before you axe them. IF I were going to kick someone, I would have had a convo with them long before that phase, because people should have a chance to defend or adjust against the accusation.

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've said it already, but I think people are failing to realize that sometimes (more often than not) that type of communication ends up making a situation worse. Sometimes it is best to just move on without confrontation, especially depending on the reasons for removal. Why make it worse by reaching out? There are plenty of guilds in the game, the kicked player can just move on, and the guild owes no-one anything.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I've said it already, but I think people are failing to realize that sometimes (more often than not) that type of communication ends up making a situation worse. Sometimes it is best to just move on without confrontation, especially depending on the reasons for removal. Why make it worse by reaching out? There are plenty of guilds in the game, the kicked player can just move on, and the guild owes no-one anything.

Too true! Start telling someone why they aren't welcome and it will quickly degenerate into a "He said, she said" slanging match.

It's already over, might as well just move on... raking over the coals is just an unpleasant experience for all concerned, and let's face it they are never going to say "You know what, we'll ignore the complaints, you're back in!".

And if they did... surely anyone with any self-respect would say "No thanks, not now I know you better!" ;)
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a player should always be given a reason for a kick. It doesn't have to be a long detailed conversation but something. This is just the right thing to do and may help the player correct whatever behavior led to the kick in the future.
    PCNA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a player should always be given a reason for a kick. It doesn't have to be a long detailed conversation but something. This is just the right thing to do and may help the player correct whatever behavior led to the kick in the future.

I agree and it’s common courtesy to do so. It can be done via a letter after they kick the person if leadership doesn’t want to wait to kick the person.

Zenimax can even provide a pop-up window where a reason can be added to facilitate providing a reason. However, it should not be a requirement set by Zenimax that the requirement be provided.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is just asking for conflict though.

Say you have a player threatening guild members. You kick them. In no way whatsoever should you continue to have conversations with this person. You shouldn't have to teach someone to not be a problem.

Also, this is a video game. I am not a GM of a guild, but if I were, it is not my job to teach people how to interact with other people. I am not a councilor.
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Say you have a player threatening guild members. You kick them. In no way whatsoever should you continue to have conversations with this person. You shouldn't have to teach someone to not be a problem.

Also, this is a video game. I am not a GM of a guild, but if I were, it is not my job to teach people how to interact with other people. I am not a councilor.

Not to mention you can never say WHO logged complaints in your feedback (or depending on the issue, what the direct feedback is if it can identify an individual) as that leads to in game clashes with individuals still in your guild. So it has to be so highly generalized that it might not be so actionable.

Like you know

"Hey, we are sorry, it is us not you but we need to break up as we just don't feel quite like we gel, but lets be friends k?"
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If someone is threatening guild members then they know what they did, so I agree no conversation is needed. But the OP had no idea what he had done wrong. A simple explanation would be appropriate in that case. Even just something like "We are sorry but you are not a good fit for this guild. Good luck in the future." is not unreasonable.
    PCNA
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take your friends and create your own guild. A little work, yes, but in the end it might be very rewarding for you. Just a thought.