The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Class spammable

• Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wellsley wrote: »
    For me, the class spammables should have been reviewed a while ago. Not just some effects, animations too.
    Lava Whip and Puncturing Strikes have the best spamming animations in the game. The others are bad.

The stamdk should have a real stamwhip, with a stamina cost, and a green color like Venomous Claw, Noxious Breath and Corrosive Armor.
    Or a new animation for Stone Giant. A real punch, a punch on the ground, a headbutt... I don't know, but not 3 balls and a cast time.

Sorcerer, specifically stamsorc, should have a new animation for Crystal Weapon, which is the same as Imbue Weapon. Both of these skills must have the worst animations in the game, I prefer playing with Silver Bolts and yes it's ironic.
    Or a new version of Lightning Splash. I was thinking of a mix between Stone Giant and Flame Skull. First time left hand, second time right hand, and 3rd time two hands. All three with lightning as a visual effect but different from Overload.

I think Warden deserves better too. Dive should be replaced with another skill. I was thinking of a skill with a vine (english word for "liane" ?) hit or a netch tentacle hit.
    I was also thinking of an arm movement, to bring forth a spectral wolf like the bear with selene but better. With wolf bite animation like Burning Embers claw strikes.

And finally for the Necromancer, replacing Flame Skull with a new skill. Almost all skills of Grave Lord and Bone Tyrant use skeletons or bones, not to mention corpse mechanics. And I can't imagine a new spammable using a tombstone or a ghost.
    The only alternative to replace Flame Skull, remaining in the theme of death, remains the scythe which has enough potential to compete with the animation of Lava Whip and Puncturing Strikes. Scythe have only one skill but it's an area skill, with even less damage and the animation to go with it.

I find it unfortunate that many players use Uppercut or Eviscerate as a priority, because skills like Flame Skull really suck.

Love how Nightblades are just classic Nightblading in the shadows and don't even get seen it mentioned with their spammable. Lolz
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    I think Warden should have an Ice Blast Projectile like in the Trailer. At least for the Mag Warden.

pyt7t5wky7ft.gif

I don't know. It's not in the "Animal Companions" theme, more in "Winter's Embrace".

Warden's companions shouldn't be limited to Morrowind creatures. Turn that into an ice wraith and tada!

Maybe it's not super thematic, but by contrast, cliff racer is a perfect example of a skill that is designed purely around thematics, and how terrible the skill becomes due to it.

The devs clearly wanted it to feel like the warden was commanding a nearby cliff racer to dive down from the sky. Cool. I don't care because it's slow, clunky, and the mechanics are bad to boot.

Turn @Mr_Stach 's animation into a cliff racer if you want, but don't make it come from the sky and from behind the caster like it currently does. It's just such a bad skill compared to other classes. Lazer beam that sucker at our target. Make it work!
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forums never change. Always a suggestion for "identity" that would be a massive overbuff to a class.

I swear "identity," "unique," "rule-breaker," "racial uniqueness," etc. are all terms that are used every time to suggest massive buffs with no trade-off.

Wait, might need to toss in the word "mythic" now too, now that there is literally a mythic that makes you better than anyone else just for putting it on.
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    For me, the class spammables should have been reviewed a while ago. Not just some effects, animations too.
    Lava Whip and Puncturing Strikes have the best spamming animations in the game. The others are bad.

The stamdk should have a real stamwhip, with a stamina cost, and a green color like Venomous Claw, Noxious Breath and Corrosive Armor.
    Or a new animation for Stone Giant. A real punch, a punch on the ground, a headbutt... I don't know, but not 3 balls and a cast time.

Sorcerer, specifically stamsorc, should have a new animation for Crystal Weapon, which is the same as Imbue Weapon. Both of these skills must have the worst animations in the game, I prefer playing with Silver Bolts and yes it's ironic.
    Or a new version of Lightning Splash. I was thinking of a mix between Stone Giant and Flame Skull. First time left hand, second time right hand, and 3rd time two hands. All three with lightning as a visual effect but different from Overload.

I think Warden deserves better too. Dive should be replaced with another skill. I was thinking of a skill with a vine (english word for "liane" ?) hit or a netch tentacle hit.
    I was also thinking of an arm movement, to bring forth a spectral wolf like the bear with selene but better. With wolf bite animation like Burning Embers claw strikes.

And finally for the Necromancer, replacing Flame Skull with a new skill. Almost all skills of Grave Lord and Bone Tyrant use skeletons or bones, not to mention corpse mechanics. And I can't imagine a new spammable using a tombstone or a ghost.
    The only alternative to replace Flame Skull, remaining in the theme of death, remains the scythe which has enough potential to compete with the animation of Lava Whip and Puncturing Strikes. Scythe have only one skill but it's an area skill, with even less damage and the animation to go with it.

I find it unfortunate that many players use Uppercut or Eviscerate as a priority, because skills like Flame Skull really suck.

Love how Nightblades are just classic Nightblading in the shadows and don't even get seen it mentioned with their spammable. Lolz

Because I'm not familiar with this class so I have no ideas but the Nightblade deserves a new spammable too.
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    The forums never change. Always a suggestion for "identity" that would be a massive overbuff to a class.

I swear "identity," "unique," "rule-breaker," "racial uniqueness," etc. are all terms that are used every time to suggest massive buffs with no trade-off.

Wait, might need to toss in the word "mythic" now too, now that there is literally a mythic that makes you better than anyone else just for putting it on.

Arguments ? I don't see them. Because i don't see how new spammables would be "a massive overbuff to a class".

Always suggestions for identity yes, if everything was perfect there wouldn't be any.

What mythic are you talking about ?
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably Oakensoul, get a bunch of Buffs for losing your second bar.

It's not gonna be as groundbreaking as people think, people who already play at a high level will skip it and people at a low level will use it to increase their effectiveness. Raising the DPS floor isn't a bad thing.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    Probably Oakensoul, get a bunch of Buffs for losing your second bar.

It's not gonna be as groundbreaking as people think, people who already play at a high level will skip it and people at a low level will use it to increase their effectiveness. Raising the DPS floor isn't a bad thing.

I suspected he was talking about this one. Useless for me except ww.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭

Because I'm not familiar with this class so I have no ideas but the Nightblade deserves a new spammable too.

No worries. I'll save you the time and inform you that they are garbage in comparison to some other classes and aren't worth mentioning 😆
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    No worries. I'll save you the time and inform you that they are garbage in comparison to some other classes and aren't worth mentioning 😆

How about a new animation for Veiled Strike ? Similar to Assassin's Blade. With blades as the picture :
    V3UTRykQXAgtKrUneUjNrRND0Zya8PvR6Ospby72.jpg
    Edited by Wellsley on May 20, 2022 12:34AM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about a new animation for Veiled Strike ? Similar to Assassin's Blade. With blades as the picture :

Veiled strike is godtier.never, ever, change it.
    The mag morph could use a rework though
    Edited by francesinhalover on May 20, 2022 2:31AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭

I'm just talking about the animation.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭

Veiled Strike base damage = ~2350, 100ish more than Swallow Soul. Not really "s-tier" when Templar Jabs does 4650 AoE direct damage (3300 without including Burning Light passive). I think you may haven't experienced Templar yet to the fullest to understand the real S-Tier spammable.

Not trying to argue or bash, this is just coming from a Nightblade main since launch who just finally gave up on the neutered class after several continual disadvantaged years of nerfs or no buffs and now has clean-slated with a Templar. Just hit a 41-8-14 Battleground match in PvE Divines armor on him as a Breton.... Only thing that's been able to consistently take me out on my PVE build of 16-18k max health (lolz) has been Dragonknights, because they're broken right now on sustain burst, Dark Convergence Necros when they catch me in it, and other Templars occasionally. Last night there were two Nightblades that could kill me on my PVE setup.... They both running three proc sets. Their surprise attacks were pathetic on their own, but Selene, Caliuurion, 2h Vateshran, and some other strong procI can't recall. Messaged them laughing about their ability to kill me only through their procs after they t'bagged me... They feeling shameful for only using proc sets, but then I reassured them that it was okay because that's the only burst lineup ZOS has allowed Nightblades to have. Wasn't bitter at the Nightblades.... But knew if I was actually kitted for PvP, those Nightblades would have gotten shredded when they jumped me.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Dizzy Swing
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    Agree some animations are slow although marked as instant cast like stone Giant.

Crystal weapon is same than imbue weapon, [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 21, 2022 3:48PM
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    Hescrow wrote: »
    Agree some animations are slow although marked as instant cast like stone Giant.

[edited for bashing]

I have some ideas for the sorcerer.
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    Hescrow wrote: »

[edited for bashing]

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/605721/sorcerer-spammable/p1?new=1