Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

"PVP" and "Cyrodiil" Gets you Banned on Twitch

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not temp banning their account with no explanation and taking well over 48 hours to respond properly.

Honestly, they should have a goal of a 2 hour response time. If an incoming communication is tagged as part of an appeal, it rises to the top and is handled with priority, so that customer replies also get handled within 2 hours. This is something that ZOS is deliberately doing to their customers and it deserves priority handling. If they can't handle this sort of things with priority in a timely manner, they need to reconsider a few things.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appeal response time should be at most 2 hours (during standard business hours), it should not take days.

Especially if it was due to an error outside of a player's control.

ESPECIALLY if it was a mistake.

Sometimes things require a back and forth dialogue, give a player the chance to explain what happened, why the suspension was in error. If polite language is used and it is clear that a mistake was made, their suspension should be lifted immediately and perhaps even given some compensation depending on lost game time.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appeal response time should be at most 2 hours (during standard business hours), it should not take days.

Sometimes things require a back and forth dialogue, give a player the chance to explain what happened, why the suspension was in error. If polite language is used and it is clear that a mistake was made, their suspension should be lifted immediately and perhaps even given some compensation depending on lost game time.

Oh, there was "fake compensation", ie: suddenly credited with a load of crowns they -didnt- have, so I implored them to PLEASE double check with customer support if that was compensation, they checked, and low and behold it wasnt - another screw up from an employee. Imagine if they hadnt double checked and got BANNED entirely for something an employee did. It was a decent amount of crowns too.

Absolutely terrible customer service in that regard.

This was just like when we in NZ couldnt use our cards because Zenimax wasnt authorised, so we had our cards blacklisted and unable to buy the sub at launch to even play - The bank refused to let the charge thru unless they had communication from ZOS, who refused to help. Our stores were also ALL out of game time cards. There was a backdoor - WE INFORMED zenimax of said backdoor, hoping they would take us seriously and listen to us and help us get on the game PROPERLY like everyone else, they NEVER fixed it and suddenly the game went free to play not long after.
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if we'll ever actually get an update on this
  • SainguinKrist
    SainguinKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really love to see some kind of consistency in the way the forums are moderated. Cause as it is? It's very scatter shot.

I got an official warning against my account for calling someone's idea to merge NA/EU servers "nonsense".

I didn't insult them or name call them. I called the idea nonsense and earned an action against my account.

That's all fine.

But there's a comment in a VERY active thread, on page 1, has been there for DAYS and it's making fun of inclusiveness in ESO by mocking the Oscar's move to be more inclusive and using the idea of a "LGBT+ Argonian companion with hearing impairment" as a joke.

It's been reported. Still there. No action against that account.

In another thread, someone is bashing ESO and promoting XIV, and made comment implying I have mental health issues for disagreeing with them.

The comments were removed, but no action against that account and no locking of the thread.

So it's not okay to call ideas nonsense, but it's very okay to make jokes at the expense of real people with mental health issues, real sexualities, and real disabilities?

Where is the consistency ZOS?

@ZOS_Kevin

EDIT: They removed the phobic post I mentioned, so +1 ZOS.
    Edited by SainguinKrist on June 5, 2022 1:36AM
    I have characters that have classes.

I'm not sure what their names are.

Leader of Casual Filth, a proudly LGBT+ led and friendly social guild.
  • HeavyESO
    HeavyESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'd really love to see some kind of consistency in the way the forums are moderated. Cause as it is? It's very scatter shot.

I got an official warning against my account for calling someone's idea to merge NA/EU servers "nonsense".

I didn't insult them or name call them. I called the idea nonsense and earned an action against my account.

That's all fine.

But there's a comment in a VERY active thread, on page 1, has been there for DAYS and it's making fun of inclusiveness in ESO by mocking the Oscar's move to be more inclusive and using the idea of a "LGBT+ Argonian companion with hearing impairment" as a joke.

It's been reported. Still there. No action against that account.

In another thread, someone is bashing ESO and promoting XIV, and made comment implying I have mental health issues for disagreeing with them.

The comments were removed, but no action against that account and no locking of the thread.

So it's not okay to call ideas nonsense, but it's very okay to make jokes at the expense of real people with mental health issues, real sexualities, and real disabilities?

Where is the consistency ZOS?

@ZOS_Kevin

Who needs consistency in the modern world. Bethesda's main Twitter account is celebrating pride, meanwhile Bethesda Middle East oddly enough hasn't mentioned anything of the sort. Weird how that works isn't it?
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only yesterday several posts were removed from one of the sticky thread. The strange thing is that there was no warning, no nothing. Besides, all of the removed messages had been completely harmless (at least the ones I had seen). For some reason all the baiting messages are still there. These days, forum moderation has become even harder to understand than it had been before.
  • SainguinKrist
    SainguinKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited because the post in question was removed.

Thanks ZOS.
    Edited by SainguinKrist on June 5, 2022 1:36AM
    I have characters that have classes.

I'm not sure what their names are.

Leader of Casual Filth, a proudly LGBT+ led and friendly social guild.
  • WikileaksEU
    WikileaksEU
    ✭✭✭
    Many twitch streamers ban some senstitive words even if they arent used in a bad way, but banning the word pvp and cyrodil is pretty ridicilous.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one refuses to bother with Twitch streams an censorship of simple things anymore. The way they treat the community is neither worth any time or money at this point. They would be good to simply drop communication all together with the player base.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That would nice step in right direction. I don't know if there's enough customer support though
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one refuses to bother with Twitch streams an censorship of simple things anymore. The way they treat the community is neither worth any time or money at this point. They would be good to simply drop communication all together with the player base.

It's sad when long term players think that way
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, we wanted to follow up on the post here and the general sentiment about asking/discussing PvP in chat during livestreams. We agree that noting terms like "PvP" and "Cyrodiil" should not be timed out when players ask or referenced the topic in our livestream chat. The moderation shown in the clip was a bit heavy-handed. We have talked about this internally, updated our moderation training, and made sure everyone is clear that conversations around core functions of our game, like PvP, should not be timed out or banned.

Please keep in mind that spamming those terms (or any terms) will be treated differently, as the action of spamming is disruptive to the entire experience. We understand that spamming was not present in this clip, but we want to highlight that there is a clear distinction between asking about/referencing PvP and spamming text blocks of the term.

Thanks everyone for following up on the video and the concern around moderation. We will continue to strive toward better moderation overall and appreciate your feedback.

Kevin, can you tell us approximately what percentage of questions were censored on today’s Twitch stream?

Edited by Jaraal on August 19, 2022 1:22AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anything with 35 in it looked to be censored. but it was running fast so I can't be completely sure.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • SeveN085
    SeveN085
    ✭✭✭
    I see nothing has changed. A lot of people including myself were banned like 2 years ago during a Greymoor release showcase stream or something like that. Every message with a word "lag" or just people simply asking when those server issues are going to be fixed were banned. Basically every ZOS stream in a nutshell : "There are no issues! Everything is fine! Shut up and buy the new DLC!". They only care about maximizing profits, so naturally will censor everything they can that could potenially discourage people from their game and from buying new stuff/keeping the eso plus memebership.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeveN085 wrote: »
    I see nothing has changed. A lot of people including myself were banned like 2 years ago during a Greymoor release showcase stream or something like that. Every message with a word "lag" or just people simply asking when those server issues are going to be fixed were banned. Basically every ZOS stream in a nutshell : "There are no issues! Everything is fine! Shut up and buy the new DLC!". They only care about maximizing profits, so naturally will censor everything they can that could potenially discourage people from their game and from buying new stuff/keeping the eso plus memebership.

"Do not ask questions. Consume product, be hyped for next product, consume product". - AAA game corps.
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it though when people ask in stream why everything concerning "x" gets nuked, then they get nuked.
    PCNA
    PCEU