The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you go farther than first forum page?

DreamyLu
DreamyLu
✭✭✭✭✭
I realized that in this forum, I never go farther than first page, unless I follow a specific post that got moved to next pages. How is it for you All? Do you read other pages or not? If yes, how many?
I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA

Do you go farther than first forum page? 202 votes

I stay on first page only.
21%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOdmnqwkCoatmagicMalthorneElsonsoshadyjane62Enemy-of-ColdharbourNemeliomWitchyWarriorcaptainwolfosEasily_LostmerpinsTiberXTyharElrond87SilverIce58EmEm_OhE7216rennekarthrag_inak 44 votes
I navigate further pages too.
32%
Cireouschessalavakia_ESOSASChrisGlassHalfFullDarcyMardinWhiteCoatSyndromeGoldenGirlguuljcasini222ub17_ESOOnnuKczarhondelinkSheridankiesoLiedekepeacenoteBenevolentBowdRagnarok0130DestaiADarklore 65 votes
I go to other pages only when I follow a specific post that got moved out of first page.
36%
vailjohn_ESOGedericwenchmore420b14_ESOxaraanleetacakesb16_ESOfreespiritproprio.meb16_ESOkari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESODaiKahnphaneub17_ESOSorakaJoanOfOrcNettleCarrierSilverBrideWolfchild07TandorDMuehlhausenStevieKingslayerXuhoraredspecter23 74 votes
Other.
9%
Danikatdeleted221205-002626Veloth_RedothrilAdventurerTornaadDrathlyBretonMageMik195spartaxoxoWiseSkyTenthirty2TaggundEccentric_VampireLady_GaladhielbridgetroseEF321bugDagenHawkNecrotech_Master 19 votes
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go to other pages only when I follow a specific post that got moved out of first page.
    Sometimes I lose or forget the name of the thread and just stop looking for it if it's not in the first page.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Depends on how much I'm avoiding doing something else.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me the other pages of the forums are the second page of Google search lol
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    It depends on how long it's been since I was last on the forum, how busy it seems and how much time I have.

Sometimes I'm here a few times a day, and then I don't really need to go past the first page because I'll have seen new topics while they were on the first page. If I've been away for a while and have enough time I'll go further back to see what I missed.

But often even if I miss something the same discussion will come around again sooner or later. It's mainly useful tips like how to complete the stone atronach endeavour or what's coming up in future events I might want to look out for.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.
    I don't even scroll down on first page.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been times reading the forums that I have literally seen a new post move to the 2nd page in minutes, so if I've been off for a few hours I'll generally check the 2nd page as well.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm new to actively using the forums so I haven't read much of the older stuff so I try to dig around before re-inventing the wheel.

In the long run, I'll probably stick to just reading the first page once I've caught up on reading because much of the point of continuing older discussions is arguing and I try to limit the amount I do that to 3-4 posts per thread on forums that actually look like the company that operates the forum reads what is posted.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I have time, I usually go to about the third page.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll check the second page for recent/ongoing topics but don't bother much after that. There are a few exceptions, like official 'forever open' threads like the class specific combat threads. Speaking of which, the Dragonknight thread is 20 pages back at this point.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only when there is a recent thread I want to read but don't see on the first page.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    This forum got pretty weird last couple of weeks, so I mostly only read the thread titles of the first 10 at the top and close it again.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go to the third page, which seems to hit most of the ongoing discussions without feeling like I'm necroing something.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Normally go up to third page depending what time i have
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go as far back as it takes to reach a post that I have already read up to date on. I don't read every post, but at least once I hit that mark I know I haven't missed anything since the last time I was on.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    for the general section ill sometimes go up to the 3rd page because new posts happen so frequently

for other sections, pretty much never go past the first page because they get new posts very infrequently lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm searching for The Golden/Furnishings Vendor posts.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    It doesn't seem to move fast enough that if you check in a couple of times a day you will miss anything by not going any farther than the first page.
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I like to site sources so.....

I can get pretty deep into a thread.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to try and read everything that was posted recently, but after being away for almost two weeks I decided not to care anymore. Way too many messages and also way too much department of redundancy department stuff going on.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the general section ill sometimes go up to the 3rd page because new posts happen so frequently

for other sections, pretty much never go past the first page because they get new posts very infrequently lol

I don't even bother going to specific sections of the forums. I go to Recent and then just look at everything.
  • Veloth_Redothril
    Veloth_Redothril
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    I don't go further than the first forum post.

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to know when my threads have died.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Depends on how much time I have.
    Normally no, I usually look at the front page.
    More time I may go to page 2.

Other cases is when I'm experiencing <whatever> in game that recently started happening.
    I'll scan back a couple pages to see if anyone else already posted about it.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.
    I sometimes delve and go so far that others call me Necro
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My answer is only valid sometimes, such as when I really want something to read and nothing is on the first page. Not the norm however.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    I sometimes delve and go so far that others call me Necro

What is annoying with that is when it then gets quickly closed even though the comment remains quite relevant.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. Posts on other pages either weren’t interesting enough to be engaged by the community or have been discussed so much that every answer imaginable has been put on the post and likely repeated tons of times :)
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order to collect information for my ESO Calendar and news tweets, I have to navigate to different parts of the forums for different information.

Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    DreamyLu wrote: »
    I realized that in this forum, I never go farther than first page, unless I follow a specific post that got moved to next pages. How is it for you All? Do you read other pages or not? If yes, how many?

I go up to page 5 tops.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the past, there used to be way more posts, so you'd have to scroll a few pages. Now, it's dwindled greatly, so it's mostly just on one page.

Mostly.