The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Axeses for Anniversary

Dojohoda
Dojohoda
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I noticed this today while on the EU server. I lol'd irl :D
a8pTFzo.png
Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
Might be joking in comments.
-->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS changed the default output of the naming to be pluralized, rather than the singular (but only in the English language). Code's already updated it to fix.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I thought it was a prank. Today was the first day I noticed the extra 'es' after every word except the legs.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Oh, I thought it was a prank. Today was the first day I noticed the extra 'es' after every word except the legs.

That was my thought too... (and I was thinking of Gollum from LotR with the phrasing). But, I know Code, and he is not a fan of those changes, so I was highly suspect that it was intentional.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For people who are wondering about exactly what had happened: The addon gets the generic names of the chapter types from the game, but, until now, the game has always provided singular names (with the exception of legs, which has always been plural), even though the motif chapters themselves use plural names.

So to keep the type names consistent with what people actually see in the names of motif chapters, these singular type names were then fed through ZOS's pluralizer function.

In today's 7.3.7 update, ZOS unexpectedly changed all of the chapter type names to plural, which is the cause of this double-pluralization. To be clear, I think this is a good change, as it fixes two outstanding issues of inconsistency:
    1. It was always strange that the names of the chapter types were reported as singular while the motif chapters themselves used plural text
    2. The text for legs has always been plural, even though the other types are singular

But while I do agree with this change that ZOS made, they did so in a rather irksome way:
    • It was snuck into an incremental patch (and not mentioned anywhere in the patch notes).
    • The change was made only for English; for example, the German version of ESO still reports the singular "Helm" as the chapter type, while the motif chapters themselves use the plural "Helme". So this results in diverging logic, where English users get the new pre-pluralized type names that match the motif names while non-English users need to still have their singular type names fed through the pluralizer.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I get a custom version that runs it through the pluralizer twice... So I can collect Axeseses please :smile:
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Dojohoda wrote: »

That was my thought too... (and I was thinking of Gollum from LotR with the phrasing). But, I know Code, and he is not a fan of those changes, so I was highly suspect that it was intentional.

my exact thinking as well lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a ZOs prank. They often manage to prank themselves :D