Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Saberkeel drops confirmed working, not bugged ty zos

spartaxoxo
spartaxoxo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
(NEW) Outfit style page for the Saberkeel armor styleIf you’ve already collected a Saberkeel armor style page on the same day, this instead gives you an Aurora Firepot Spider fragment.

Are the Saberkeel pages bugged? I keep seeing people saying they have lots of spider pieces but no Saberkeel armor?

But isn't spiders only supposed to drop if you already got a page?
Edited by spartaxoxo on April 13, 2022 5:35PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How I suspect the bug works is that if you complete an old daily before any new ones, you'll get a spider pot. The reason I suspect this my alt got a saberkeel drop as soon as reset, but she had no dailies when the game reset they were all fresh. Today I did one on a character that was not fresh and got nothing.

It's possibly related to your event ticket buff to as the fresh character didn't have it.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 9, 2022 10:42AM
    Options
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afaik the saberkeel drops once a day at max.
    I missed it first day, as i played less due to maintenance, but got it yesterday and today already.

The drop can happen any time and i cant see any relation with spider pages, yesterday it did drop after a lot of spider pages from fresh dailies (not old ones)
    Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on April 9, 2022 10:47AM
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afaik the saberkeel drops once a day at max.
    I missed it first day, as i played less due to maintenance, but got it yesterday and today already.

The drop can happen any time and i cant see any relation with spider pages, yesterday it did drop after a lot of spider pages from fresh dailies (not old ones)

That's possible not related but if it's not it's supposed to be. The event page states that it should be a drop that comes if you've already received a Saberkeel that day.

@ZOS_Kevin
    Options
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You CAN have a Sabelkeel motif, nobody said it's the first thing you'll ever get. Multiple motif pages after the first one would only be converted into ADDITIONAL spider parts as they're a standalone drop.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
    Options
  • Anfieldkris
    Anfieldkris
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is pretty clear isn’t it? It’s referenced with evidence in other threads.

If you have had a saberkeel page drop for you today and your box would have contained another, you don’t get a second, you get a spider part. You could get spider parts before, you may get spider parts after, it may be you would have got spider parts anyway. The mechanic they have put in is to replace any subsequent saberkeel pages with spider parts.

You aren’t guaranteed a saberkeel page, but you are capped at one per day, according to the mechanism they have put in. There is plenty of speculation elsewhere about the motivation and desirability of this. Either way, if you do a lot of boxes, get ready for a lot of spider parts.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kisakee wrote: »
    You CAN have a Sabelkeel motif, nobody said it's the first thing you'll ever get. Multiple motif pages after the first one would only be converted into ADDITIONAL spider parts as they're a standalone drop.

Except some people are getting them decently and some are opening literally hundreds of boxes and getting nothing. And with firepots linked to Saberkeel motifs, it's very possible something is borked. And whatever error is occuring is something happening because of a player driven behavior.

The event tickets are also bugging. That's already confirmed. I wonder how they are detecting it per day, and if a bug that caused you to get a firepot instead of a Saberkeel robs you of a chance to get anymore the rest of the day.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 9, 2022 11:00AM
    Options
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It might take a while for the saberkeel style page to drop, today it dropped only on my ninth character while doing dailies. So that is somewhere between 56-63 dailies for it to drop. Luckily I always do dailies on 18 characters each day.

PS: You can (rarely) get spider parts till the saberkeel style page drops, so getting spider parts does not mean the style page should have dropped already.
    PPS: On the first event day the saberkeel style page dropped on my first character, second day it dropped on my second character.
    Edited by Sarannah on April 9, 2022 11:13AM
    Options
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as some people are saying it's bad rng, sucks to suck, I for one believe that it is a bug. With the horrible sow fragments drop, we didn't see people saying they got sow fragments every day and got the pig by day four, while others barely got two that whole time. It was consistently a horrible amount of fragments dropped for that whole event. This time we see some people getting the outfit style pages easily and in the first handful of boxes. While others are not getting them at all after 50 some boxes being opened. The tickets are glitched too for people. The event was basically started in the middle of servers dropping left and right for emergency maintenances. All of this makes me believe that the drops are actually not dropping as intended for all players, and it should be looked into and fixed.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as some people are saying it's bad rng, sucks to suck, I for one believe that it is a bug. With the horrible sow fragments drop, we didn't see people saying they got sow fragments every day and got the pig by day four, while others barely got two that whole time. It was consistently a horrible amount of fragments dropped for that whole event. This time we see some people getting the outfit style pages easily and in the first handful of boxes. While others are not getting them at all after 50 some boxes being opened. The tickets are glitched too for people. The event was basically started in the middle of servers dropping left and right for emergency maintenances. All of this makes me believe that the drops are actually not dropping as intended for all players, and it should be looked into and fixed.

Exactly! I think it's got to be some bug based on the event and some player behavior.

The only ones I can see people being able to control is

Doing old dailies
    Having old dailies in their quest log
    Having an event buff

We'd know instantly if the item we got replacing the style page was unique but apparently since it's also an independent drop that means you wouldn't be able to tell by looking.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 9, 2022 11:16AM
    Options
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youre considering it as a guaranteed daily drop. It is not, and no one stated it is.

As everything else in the game, whether its something you like or not, youre just subjected to rng.
    Rng has no memory, every time you open something you have the same exact chance for a specific drop. You could even never get a piece (but ofc its more probable you eventually get some).

First day i didnt get it (opened more or less a dozen boxes), second day i did 40 dailies, it dropped around the middle of the serie, today it dropped on the second or third box. Youre trying to find a bug or a pattern where there is none...

Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on April 9, 2022 4:54PM
    Options
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing 16 (characters) times 7 (writs) = 112 dailies per day and so far i got a Saberkeel motif each day.

Your sample size for claiming it's a bug is probably less than that and therefore statistically irrelevant.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing 16 (characters) times 7 (writs) = 112 dailies per day and so far i got a Saberkeel motif each day.

Your sample size for claiming it's a bug is probably less than that and therefore statistically irrelevant.

My drops rates are fine with far less than that. Meanwhile I've seen peopoe posting doing similar to you and getting nothing.
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've received one Saberkeel page since the event started, having opened dozens of reward boxes.
    And as far as the Firepot parts, I've gotten only three -- and all of those are for rear legs.
    TONS of basic crafting mats, though.

They've definitely weighted the RNG for this event.

I've simply decided that I'm going to rely mostly on the Impressario to obtain the Saberkeel pages.
    I'm not so concerned about the spider pet -- I've already got more pets than I will ever summon.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • Kisakee
      Kisakee
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      spartaxoxo wrote: »

My drops rates are fine with far less than that. Meanwhile I've seen peopoe posting doing similar to you and getting nothing.

You can't say "My drop rates are fine" and claim "It's a bug" with only 50 opened boxes total in three days. That's not how statistics work. Also getting nothing from over 330 boxes is highly unlikely yet not impossible.
      Options
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Larcomar wrote: »
      As others have said, it's one page per day. Its dropped from the first load of writs every day for me. Honestly, this event just seems to be log in - eat cake - collect tickets - craft writs - open boxes - swapsie in guild - log out. I'm not going to even try to suggest this is fun, but I wouldn't call it painful.

Here's another on a different side of the scale. This was me but today for the first time I had the buff and old dailies.
      Options
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      arvilla wrote: »
      17 characters done, 14 boxes per char so 238 boxes and zero outfit style page.

Here's another example.

It seems very odd to me that so many users are reporting such massivr amounts of dailies and no drops while some are getting them from very little effort.

I understand that's to be expected to some extent, RNG or something like that. But typically most players report uniformly that something is dropping rarely or a lot, and only a few people have good luck.
      Options
    • Kiralyn2000
      Kiralyn2000
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly! I think it's got to be some bug based on the event and some player behavior.

The only ones I can see people being able to control is

Doing old dailies
      Having old dailies in their quest log
      Having an event buff

We'd know instantly if the item we got replacing the style page was unique but apparently since it's also an independent drop that means you wouldn't be able to tell by looking.

Well, so far I've gotten the style page within the first three boxes on my first character every day.
      Doing new dailies (crafting writ)
      Update my buff, get the tickets, before doing dailies
      No other dailies in my log
      PC NA
      As much as some people are saying it's bad rng, sucks to suck, I for one believe that it is a bug. With the horrible sow fragments drop, we didn't see people saying they got sow fragments every day and got the pig by day four, while others barely got two that whole time.

True (I got no sow parts), but we did have people talking about the horrible drop rate of Seed pages; meanwhile I got 1-2 in every gold box (got 6/7 from drops. One day I even got two of the same Seed page)
      Options
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well, so far I've gotten the style page within the first three boxes on my first character every day.
      Doing new dailies (crafting writ)
      Update my buff, get the tickets, before doing dailies
      No other dailies in my log
      PC NA

This was me prior the first 2 days. But today I did my first daily as old daily with an old buff.
      Options
    • proprio.meb16_ESO
      proprio.meb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The fact is that there is no issue as far as anyone can see, just usual rng drop rates, as everyone has already underlined.

Ive been farming items of every kind since a while now, and really cant see what you've pointed out... these pages are not different from any other rng drop, with the exception they drop just once a day (as a lot of other things that have a cooldown). As far as i can see theres no pattern or relation with your char status, buff, or whatever you previously did... if youve not already, try getting master angler achv, youll become an expert about how rng works (and can be cursed upon! :D ) in no time.

People are always complaining about rng, but it works its way. You can ofc debate if it could be better, anyway it does not change the answer... these drop rates just does not seem bugged.
      Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on April 9, 2022 1:03PM
      Options
    • Arunei
      Arunei
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

You can't say "My drop rates are fine" and claim "It's a bug" with only 50 opened boxes total in three days. That's not how statistics work. Also getting nothing from over 330 boxes is highly unlikely yet not impossible.
      140 boxes yesterday evening (4 to 5ish EST), got a Saberkeel page. 72 boxes this morning around 6am EST, no Saberkeel. Guess I'll be doing WB dailies later.

With a limit of one page per day and not guaranteed, I can only imagine what the guild trader prices will be at the end of this event.
      aloibeth wrote: »
      These drop rate limits are VERY discouraging. I've been 100+ boxes a day since the event started and I've gotten 1 page. There are no guarantees you'll get one after the reset and no way to see a reset timer. Now if you want a spider pot piece, they drop on every box. I agree that the style pages need some limits but doing it blindly without a guarantee is unfair.

[snip]
      Your sample size is still too small. You're taking a handful of peoples' reports from the forum and presenting it as the average. It's not, this is just literally RNG at work. The first and second days I got my Saberkeel pages on my first character, today I've done 5 or so and no page drops yet.

The Firepot Spider pieces are their own separate drops, as I've gotten several more today so far without getting a Saberkeel page. The article states that any additional pages you get after the first get rolled into Firepot pieces. It would work like this:

If any given box would have a Saberkeel piece, the game checks if you've already gotten one for that day. If that's yes, it automatically pulls from the Firepot Spider pool instead. The Saberkeel drop isn't "turning into" a Spider piece, it's getting rerolled entirely from that pool.

At the same time, the game also checks to see if you get any pieces from the Spider pool independently of the Saberkeel check. I suspect this is why you can end up with two Spider pieces in one box; one of them is a rerolled Saberkeel page and the other is another piece pulled by the independent Spider piece check.

As much as having cruddy RNG is, there aren't any bugs with how this works. ZOS just decided to limit the number of pages you can get every day and thought it would be a good idea for extra pages to get rerolled as Spider pieces. Obviously not the best idea.

[edited to remove quote]
      Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 9, 2022 2:06PM
      Character List [RP and PvE]:
      Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
      Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
      Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
      Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
      Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
      Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
      Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
      Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
      Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
      Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
      Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
      Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
      Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
      Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
      Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
      Options
    • ZOS_Icy
      ZOS_Icy
      mod
      Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Options
      Staff Post
    • freespirit
      freespirit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Ok so i got a style page first day and yesterday......

Yesterday was after opening multiple boxes!

Today I have opened 150+ boxes and no style page!!

I can however build close to 50 spiders!

Sorry @ZoS but what the hell??
      When people say to me........
      "You're going to regret that in the morning"
      I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
      Options
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Did it again today on a character without the buffs bur did have quests on log, and once again got a drop pretty much right away?

When are you you guys gettign your drops? How many do you open before you get your style page? Do you have an old buff active when you get your page?
      Edited by spartaxoxo on April 11, 2022 3:22AM
      Options
    • Kikazaru
      Kikazaru
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      430+ boxes opened.

1x Saberkeel cuirass
      2x Saberkeel Pauldrons

15x Firepot
      12x Front Legs
      17x Rear Legs

0x Aetheric Cipher
      0x Aetherium Dust

Edit: Ah. It is once a day. So , I did it the last 3 days, mostly crafting and daily quests.
      Edited by Kikazaru on April 11, 2022 4:34AM
      Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
      Options
    • SeaGtGruff
      SeaGtGruff
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Buffs have nothing to do with it; it's just RNG, coupled with a bit of logic that replaces the style page with a spider part if you have already received a style page that day, meaning between one daily reset and the next. There's no guarantee that one will drop at all, and there is no "cooldown" period per se after a page does drop, since it's based on the daily reset time rather than a fixed, mandatory window of time that must elapse after a page does drop.
      I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
      Options
    • SammyKhajit
      SammyKhajit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Working as intended.

Is this one bitter? No of course not, how silly, no rancour at all regarding the drop rate. Pfft. Nothing. Irrelevant. Non-issue. Pining for the fijord and moving on etc etc.
      Options
    • renne
      renne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The RNG on this is so broken, I have received 1 page every day but they've been:

1 x cuirass
      4 x greaves

FOUR GREAVES PAGES WHY.
      Options
    • hrothbern
      hrothbern
      ✭✭✭✭✭

yes
      I do 16*7 + 2*5 = 122 daily writs and on top some 20 other dailies
      I get on average a bit more than 1 each day because one day I had 2 Saberkeel motifs
      "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
      Options
    • SeaGtGruff
      SeaGtGruff
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      renne wrote: »
      The RNG on this is so broken, I have received 1 page every day but they've been:

1 x cuirass
      4 x greaves

FOUR GREAVES PAGES WHY.

I see people trying to trade pages in zone chat, so hopefully you can trade your duplicates for pages you need by the time the event is ending.
      I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
      Options
    • MidniteOwl1913
      MidniteOwl1913
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So far I have only gotten 2 pages. I opened 17-20 boxes a day every day since the beginning of the event. Many boxes have mainly junk. I have gotten a few things I really wanted, but it feels like the effort put in doesn't match the rewards.
      PS5/NA
      Options