Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Apparently characters are too stupid at even 300 cp to farm a node in less that two pulls.

xXSilverDragonXx
xXSilverDragonXx
✭✭✭✭✭
I just logged onto an alt account and discovered that this craft tree is so bad that god knows how much CP an account needs to be able to spec into not taking a stupidly absurd amount of time to farm a node. [snip]

I remember when it was either level 50 or cp 160 where you could farm a node quickly. Back then I thought it was stupid to have it slower, most especially for lower level players WHO ACTUALLY NEED TO FARM STUFF because they aren't rolling in cash.

The craft tree needs a serious overhaul and EVERY PLAYER no matter the level should have the god given right to not have to take double the time to farm a node.[snip] Like the insanely slow leveling of mounts that are so slow that when you get them you RUN faster then them. Six months to level that half dead thing fully. One to get it to a reasonable speed if you want to get the assault passive. That's a travesty.

I never really considered how much cp a player needs for this farming nonsense to not be nonsense but it always rubbed me wrong. [snip]

[edited for Baiting/Bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on March 31, 2022 1:00PM
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [snip]
    You know your life is good when all of your outrage gets channelled into a video game side activity taking 0.5 seconds longer than you'd like it to.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on March 31, 2022 1:01PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, lucky for you they are giving out five 150% XP Scrolls to each player on April 1st and will be starting a new event soon with additional XP boosts!! Time to start running dolmens to boost you CP!!
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, the passives that give you a chance at increased yields from nodes are more useful than the one that speeds up your harvesting time. I mean, you really want both of them, but if you have to choose between one or the other due to not having enough CP to distribute then the increased yield makes a bigger difference.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    [snip]
    You know your life is good when all of your outrage gets channelled into a video game side activity taking 0.5 seconds longer than you'd like it to.

Yes, my life is very awesome. Still doesn't change that they have such a ridiculous design [snip]

[edited for Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on March 31, 2022 1:01PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Yes, my life is very awesome. Still doesn't change that they have such a ridiculous design [snip]

It isn't trolling at all... they are rewarding players for investing TIME into the game... ALL areas of the game, not just farming. That's what CP is, REWARDS for playing.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on March 31, 2022 1:02PM
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do think the craft tree does have way too many slot abilities that are only usable when they are slotted. With only a minimum number of slots and way too many really useful non combat things in that tree, they should consider maybe turning some of them into passives that don't need a slot for.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You need to have at least 330CP to unlock the 1st tier of Master Gatherer and you need at least 510CP in order to maximize the Master Gatherer passive.

Minimum to unlock:
    - Gilded Fingers - 10 CP
    - Fortune's Favor - 10 CP
    - Wanderer - 15 CP
    - Steadfast Enchantment - 10 CP
    - Treasure Hunter - 50 CP
    - Master Gatherer - 15 CP

Minimum to maximize:
    - Gilded Fingers - 10 CP
    - Fortune's Favor - 10 CP
    - Wanderer - 15 CP
    - Steadfast Enchantment - 10 CP
    - Treasure Hunter - 50 CP
    - Master Gatherer - 75 CP
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picking up stuff is for me a leisure activity, I don't mind if it takes a moment longer or not.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do think the craft tree does have way too many slot abilities that are only usable when they are slotted. With only a minimum number of slots and way too many really useful non combat things in that tree, they should consider maybe turning some of them into passives that don't need a slot for.

Thankfully on PC, we have 'Jack of All Trades' addon which switches our green tree slotted depending on what we're doing. We go to a craft station, it automatically slots crafting slottables... if we harvest, it auto switches to harvest slottables, go into a dungeon and it auto-slots Treasure Hunter. It's awesome. The ONLY downside, you have to have enough CP to buy ALL those slottables because it can only slot what you've already unlocked; it just switches them for you.
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    In my opinion, the passives that give you a chance at increased yields from nodes are more useful than the one that speeds up your harvesting time. I mean, you really want both of them, but if you have to choose between one or the other due to not having enough CP to distribute then the increased yield makes a bigger difference.

Why do we even need to put points into increased speed for farming? Why is that even a thing? Why not one speed for everyone? It's idiotic.

ADarklore wrote: »

It isn't trolling at all... they are rewarding players for investing TIME into the game... ALL areas of the game, not just farming. That's what CP is, REWARDS for playing.

That's absurd that you are rewarded at 400+ cp to finally not take a stupid amount of time to farm a node. It's more absurd that it's even a thing you have to basically level up.
    Edited by xXSilverDragonXx on March 31, 2022 12:41PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Why do we even need to put points into increased speed for farming? Why is that even a thing? Why not one speed for everyone? It's idiotic.

That's absurd that you are rewarded at 400+ cp to finally not take a stupid amount of time to farm a node. It's more absurd that it's even a thing you have to basically level up.

YES! It gives people something to invest their CP into, they are 'time sinks'... you are meant to invest time to get rewards, this is an MMO after all, the entire game is meant to be a time sink. Ever wonder why there are so many fetch quests... time sink. You want the pretty shiny, the mount, the achievements... time sinks. If they handed everything to everyone, there would be nothing to keep people working towards something in the game.
    Edited by ADarklore on March 31, 2022 12:44PM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thankfully on PC, we have 'Jack of All Trades' addon which switches our green tree slotted depending on what we're doing. We go to a craft station, it automatically slots crafting slottables... if we harvest, it auto switches to harvest slottables, go into a dungeon and it auto-slots Treasure Hunter. It's awesome. The ONLY downside, you have to have enough CP to buy ALL those slottables because it can only slot what you've already unlocked; it just switches them for you.
    It'll also only swap I believe it's the first two slots; the second two remain fixed. And it can't circumvent the 30-second cooldown on swapping active CP, so if you go from farming to looting a chest and then back to farming within 30 seconds, your CP might not swap until after several rounds of whatever you're doing.

Most of the Crafting tree's active CP should be passive ones though. There are just too many to swap between for characters who steal, craft, do content, and loot stuff. Having to juggle swapping them around is a pain in the butt, especially since it's really easy to forget to do so.
    Edited by Arunei on March 31, 2022 1:00PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting to 400+cp is much easier than before. It’s not like you are not gaining anything from those points until you get to the faster harvest node either. You will also have access to this perk for other characters than your main and that might need farming.

You are way over reacting, ZOS doesn’t have to feel ashamed for that and it’s not about trolling players.
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol dont take it the wrong way, but isnt this post almost exactly an year late?

Yep other trees are finished around cp 1500, green tree is very badly made and i still would like to add points to it even if im near cp1700. People were complaining a lot about new cp system in the past.

I think ive cursed the green tree for months when cp2.0 was released, until i got enough cp to keep harvesting perks slotted, while building up the rest, but theres little you can do.
    Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on March 31, 2022 1:12PM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, lucky for you they are giving out five 150% XP Scrolls to each player on April 1st and will be starting a new event soon with additional XP boosts!! Time to start running dolmens to boost you CP!!

It's also a great time to level up that alt character you've always wanted.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry OP. It's like any grind in an mmo. Just stick with it, and it will be over quicker than you think. And the gathering CP only have value to you if you are actively gathering. After a while you will not need to do so, and you may find those CP are better spent elsewhere.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »

It'll also only swap I believe it's the first two slots; the second two remain fixed. And it can't circumvent the 30-second cooldown on swapping active CP, so if you go from farming to looting a chest and then back to farming within 30 seconds, your CP might not swap until after several rounds of whatever you're doing.

Most of the Crafting tree's active CP should be passive ones though. There are just too many to swap between for characters who steal, craft, do content, and loot stuff. Having to juggle swapping them around is a pain in the butt, especially since it's really easy to forget to do so.

Thats why I turned it off.
    I was usually finding that while running around doing nodes and treasure chests that it was always on the wrong skill or waiting for the 30 second cooldown to finish.
    It just wasn't worth the time or aggravation to me.
    YMMV, everyone can decide to go/nogo whatever they want based on their own expectations.
    :)
    Edited by twev on March 31, 2022 1:26PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, I don't mind most of the grinds. I get most of them. Even the silly mounts that are actually slower than running when you first get them which I'm pretty sure most people think is ridiculous. And the six months to fully level them. But why is there even a need to slow down harvesting? And why does it take so many points to make it normal speed? It's like slow motion. For what purpose? It doesn't even need to be a thing. It wastes so many points in a tree that is a mess. I only returned a few months ago,, and looking at that tree I thought it was a joke. It has the potential to be a great tree. It has some really nice things to put points into, but the way they laid them out is bizarre. To have you waste what is it? 75 points so you can harvest a node in one shot? There has to be something more creative and useful to do than literally time gate harvesting speed.

I think before it was level 50 where you got to harvest at normal speed. Even then I thought it was strange. But frankly they should just go back to that. They took something ridiculous and actually made it worse.
    Edited by xXSilverDragonXx on March 31, 2022 1:29PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

[edited to remove quote]

True. I did not find the added time to be that much of a problem. Maybe play the alt account a little more to get those time savings CP allocation. The double XP events are probably great for that.
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting XP has been made so easy, you can get them extremely fast. All you need is the right gear:
    Get the Heartland Conquerer set with all training on armor and weapons, for more speed you can use it together with Adept Rider. Get yourself the Titanic Cleave DSA weapon (may take some farming) and you're ready for Skyreach Caverns to grind.
    Put a friend or guild member into party to reset the dungeon after each run by switching to veteran and normal right back after and run as many circles on the first floor as you like to get lots of XP.

Bonusses:
    - you're leveling Fighter's Guild too
    - you can do this with a friend

If you know someone who can level you in Blackrose Prison this will go even faster. And don't mind running dolmens, that's a big waste of time and way too much hustle.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

100% agree. I understand why the combat stuff needs to be limited, but it makes zero sense to me why we need to choose between things like a chance for increased Furnishing plans and faster node gathering. These are QoL things that should just exist once unlocked / leveled.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can configure which slots it changes and whether it does so in particular pairings. You can assign particular stars to slots, too. So if I know I want Gifted Rider in Cyrodiil or for long runs but want Treasure Hunter in dungeons, I could assign both of those to take slot 1 and toggle on the option to slot Treasure Hunter automatically when picking chests (and/or entering a delve/dungeon).

I could also assign Plentiful Harvest and Master Gatherer to slots 3 and 4 and have them set to slot together.

It does feel contradictory to have said they wanted to reduce server load and then to have made so many of these nodes active. While the 30-second cooldown probably prevents the absolute worst of the spam, there are still huge numbers of players constantly switching nodes because of this design when making them truly passive would save us the pure time waste of changing slots and save the server the trouble of confirming the changes.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the slow harvesting and lack of other green CP benefits is one reason i dont bother harvesting in no cp cyro lol

in regular cyro ill sometimes do some mat harvesting while working on the town dailies to restock the cyrodiil citrus lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

You can configure which slots it changes and whether it does so in particular pairings. You can assign particular stars to slots, too. So if I know I want Gifted Rider in Cyrodiil or for long runs but want Treasure Hunter in dungeons, I could assign both of those to take slot 1 and toggle on the option to slot Treasure Hunter automatically when picking chests (and/or entering a delve/dungeon).

I could also assign Plentiful Harvest and Master Gatherer to slots 3 and 4 and have them set to slot together.

It does feel contradictory to have said they wanted to reduce server load and then to have made so many of these nodes active. While the 30-second cooldown probably prevents the absolute worst of the spam, there are still huge numbers of players constantly switching nodes because of this design when making them truly passive would save us the pure time waste of changing slots and save the server the trouble of confirming the changes.
    Ah, I didn't know it had settings so you could change them like that. It's good to keep in mind once I can start playing on my computer again. As it is I'll probably have to just use my two Armory slots with two different loadouts for Green CP to try and cover as much as I can. It's easier to just leave the Armory Orc Man out and swap between builds than it is to manually switch CP every few minutes.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭

It's the other way around, the first two are fixed, the last two get swapped. left to right
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think what's really absurd is that we're forced to allocate our CPs evenly between the 3 different perk trees. There would be much more variety in the game if this restriction was removed, plus those who want to speed up growth of their Craft passives will have the option to do so (at the expense of the other 2 categories growing slower).
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did really drop the ball on the green tree when they redesigned CP. You think it's bad at 300cp, imagine being 3-4x that and feeling like your character got weaker after the redesign because of how they made passives into actives.

IMO, they should make 50% or more of what is in the green tree as an active now, into passives where they just work if you buy the ability. And then add some more active choices - maybe something dealing with companions to make them more useful.

I also agree with vsrs above that they should just allow us to spend our points as we see fit in the three trees instead of having to evenly distribute them. If someone wants to make a all green tree focused build, let them. It would also enable lower CP players to dump all their points into combat if they wished to 'catch up' on that playing field quicker to higher CP players and then fill in less combat oriented CP as time goes on.

edit: Though I'd still keep the 4 active slots for each tree, I think that alone would be enough to make people spread out points without forcing it to be perfectly even.
    Edited by xaraan on March 31, 2022 8:15PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are serious problems all over the green tree, not least that the reduced animation speed for harvesting is a slottable skill. I can think of effectively no circumstance in ordinary play where I wouldn't be using four more important skills, so the animations will forever be far too long.

It simply isn't sensible to expect people to swap their slotted skills every time they chance upon a node. About the only characters the skill is now good for are dedicated harvesters, and how many normal players (I mean normal in terms of ESO's overall population, not this forum) have a character that does only harvesting?

But the green tree more broadly is filled with basic quality of life improvements that are totally unsuited to optional slotting. Everything in it, pretty much, should be a passive that functions at all times. It was quite the shock to come back to the new champion points system after a couple of years away and find that basic skills that removed the classic MMO contrived annoyances *and simply made the game less tedious to play* were no longer usable.
    Edited by Northwold on March 31, 2022 11:09PM
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Starting from scratch the only thing I really miss from my other account is the harvesting nodes faster.

I don't think I'll be getting it and +50% resources from nodes until I'm like CP....600 or something.
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Agreed. The quantity you get from nodes is what you would normally get. 300 CP is for time invested.
    Edited by moleculardrugs on April 1, 2022 12:26AM