Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Forum User Icons

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Hi Everyone!

We're happy to announce the addition of 57 new forum user icons that have been added for everyone to use. They are taken from the chapters and DLC from over the last several years, so there's a lot more to choose from. We have something for pretty much everyone (Khajiit enthusiasts will be happy). We know this is one of the smaller changes users wanted to see so let us know what you think of the new user icons.

If there was a character or icon that still isn't represented and you would like it to be, please sound off below. We can include them in another batch of icons for later in the year.

Thanks everyone!

Some examples:
zcjvlbqj9mm2.jpg
90awzaomct72.jpg
wsk6fnwknym6.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 13, 2022 5:02PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fancy! Thanks for these @ZOS_Kevin
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AWESOME! Thanks so much Kevin!
    Options
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tank test
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    300px-ON-item-furnishing-Eternal_Moment_Painting%2C_Wood.jpg

Can we get this flower 🌼 and other various eso flora and fauna as icons?
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NEW CONTENT POGGERS
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh my lord I was just about to make a thread about this after I noticed someone's new Cadwell icon and recognized it from the fancy NPC spread that came out recently. And then of course I had to run and see who else from that collection of characters might be in there.

I'm probably not going to keep this icon forever, but I am looking forward to giggling uncontrollably whenever I see one of my posts.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    THANK YOU!!! It's been years!!
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for these, appreciated :)
    Options
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good. *immediately reaches for Condescending Tharn* Yes, that will do nicely.

So, it looks like the new icons have popup tooltips for their thumbnails to identify who they are. (It's "Lady Thorn", not "Lady Stonethorn", btw.) This is useful since the stylized art sometimes makes it hard to actually identify who the character is, especially with all other context cropped out of the picture. I was wondering if it would be possible for the webmaster to go put tooltips on the other icons above the newer ones that don't have them. I was looking through those, and I ran into the same problem of not being able to tell what certain ones were. It seems like a fairly minor thing, but I think it'd help a lot of people out.
    Edited by CasgarTheSomnolent on March 1, 2022 10:54PM
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay not to immediately sound ungrateful but I just realized this batch of icons includes Greymoor but there's no Fennorian. ZOS how could you do this. :disappointed:

Other suggestions since you asked:

Verandis
    Adusa-daro
    Arana
    regular Rada
    Eveli
    the Anchorite
    Bastian
    Mirri
    Skordo
    Za'ji
    Caska
    Jakarn
    Clan Mother Tadali
    Ashur
    Prefect Calo
    Lord Gharesh-ri
    Zamarak
    Kasura
    Valsirenn
    Leythen
    Iachesis
    Veya
    Elam Drals
    Captain Rian
    General Keshu
    any of the other Daedric Princes
    Arox the Mutilator

I know you're basically working with characters who appear in key art and other promotional materials, but if you can come up with something for these characters or really any of the major players in any of the chapters or DLCs there's a lot of territory that could be covered.

And just to make sure it's said, thanks for the new swag and being open to even more. :smile:
    Edited by Ilsabet on March 8, 2022 5:31PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, absolutely Elam Drals! I'd never run into him before Blackwood (as I don't ever play DB - or TG either), but he's definitely quite a character!
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna third Elam, he's great.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gosh, now I have to relearn everyone's icon! :smiley:

Nice artwork though.
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It will be fun having no clue who any of you people are because you don't look the same.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't see much in the way of exciting new Dwemer-themed stuff, so I'm good, but thatnks.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice artwork though.

So much of this. When I browsed through the forum today I was incredibly confused over who all these new people were with their unique icons, until I noticed the names and realised it was the usual people and hours later saw this post.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just showing off my new icon!

Which I already changed once... so far.
    Edited by SilverBride on March 2, 2022 5:34AM
    PCNA
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyris looks nice
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    In 4 and a half years on the forum it never occurred to me that I could select a picture! Now updated :blush:
    Ps4 EU
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Peacatcher wrote: »
    In 4 and a half years on the forum it never occurred to me that I could select a picture! Now updated :blush:

You have good taste!
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much @ZOS_Kevin
    Options
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha :D
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
    Options
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it. Thank you very much. >:)
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
    Options
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    This pleased me greatly but....
    No Rigurt the Brash 😕 ?
    (from what I could see anyway)
    Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by Idinuse on March 2, 2022 2:31PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • ValarMorghulis1896
    ValarMorghulis1896
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! More than only TWO (!) Khajiit-icons so far :)
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. "CATS", he said eventually. "CATS ARE NICE.” Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where are the generic non-famous khajiit females??? You have pretty generic females of other races. Not cool!
    Edited by SpiritKitten on March 2, 2022 6:39PM
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice artwork though.

I almost didn’t change mine…and then realized it’s been literally years since I last switched it up.

*howls*
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options