Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Account reset to about 2 weeks ago

• OSUBucks1967
    Update: We have completed our hotfix on the backend to prevent this issue from reoccurring. On Wednesday starting at 6am EDT, we'll take Xbox NA offline for maintenance to fix any character that was affected and they will be restored to their state from February 28. Again, we can assure everyone this only affected a very small number of players and only on Xbox NA. Thanks again for your patience!

Thank You for the update Gina, I really appreciate it!

Only question I do have at the moment is will there be some sort of notification sent out specifically to the impacted accounts letting them know that their account has been restored to their state from February 28 and that they can now log in and resume playing? Or are we only going to see an update to your forum post that you created mentioned the maintenance on Wednesday from 6am-10am EST?
    Options
  • Miniminotaur138
    Miniminotaur138
    ✭✭✭
    As happy as I am to have the game back today, I am still kinda bummed about missing 10 days of login rewards, dailies, trials, hirelings, and all that. I am an everyday player and count on those things for income in the game. Kinda sucks.
    Xbox NA Housing Enthusiast & Vet Trial Healer *Heals in all classes*

Vet Trial Necrommancer Tank currently OT in Kynes Aegis

ESO Community Supporter and Tamriel Activist *Doesn't condone the filthy high elf ways*
    Options
  • OSUBucks1967
    So can anyone confirm if things are fixed now? I have not had the opportunity to check yet and am almost afraid of doing so and what I will find. 😐
    Edited by OSUBucks1967 on March 9, 2022 4:45PM
    Options
  • Storm27Stars
    Storm27Stars
    ✭✭✭
    So can anyone confirm if things are fixed now? I have not had the opportunity to check yet and am almost afraid of doing so and what I will find. 😐

Well, I got my stuff back, but difficult to assess if everything is back to where it was. I guess it is back to where it was on 28th. Some of my gold is missing, about 500k I think cause I didn't have the issue I believe until mid way through March 1st, but not gonna argue about it cause what can I do.

Thought my crowns would have gone up though a bit, didn't happen though 😔😁.
    Options
  • OSUBucks1967

Well, I got my stuff back, but difficult to assess if everything is back to where it was. I guess it is back to where it was on 28th. Some of my gold is missing, about 500k I think cause I didn't have the issue I believe until mid way through March 1st, but not gonna argue about it cause what can I do.

Thought my crowns would have gone up though a bit, didn't happen though 😔😁.

I was finally able to check mine also, it looks like I was restored to the beginning of the day February 28, because nothing I did on that date was accounted for. All in all I’m happy with things I was just hoping to be credited for the dailies I did not get to claim because of being messed up and not being able to play. 😐

And I agree some sort of “we are sorry for screwing your account up and you couldn’t play for 8-10 days” thank you would have been welcomed 😐😢
    Edited by OSUBucks1967 on March 9, 2022 7:47PM
    Options
  • Miniminotaur138
    Miniminotaur138
    ✭✭✭
    I sent an email slightly complaining and they sent me 20 bound 150 exp scrolls......... pretty much useless unless i decided to make a new character.
    Xbox NA Housing Enthusiast & Vet Trial Healer *Heals in all classes*

Vet Trial Necrommancer Tank currently OT in Kynes Aegis

ESO Community Supporter and Tamriel Activist *Doesn't condone the filthy high elf ways*
    Options
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    As pc player seeing this discussion kind of stresses me as pc servers are only left for sharding and cold storage especiallyfor the famous EU server.

It is good though it seems fixed, kind of...
    Options
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very happy to read your accounts are largely as they were.

However even the most ruthless companies I know do a little better with compensating for lack of service than this air of, be grateful we fixed it at all... 😬😬😬

You've all been so polite and patient throughout this too.
    Edited by Indigogo on March 9, 2022 10:33PM
    Options
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an update...this morning, the player in one of my guilds was reporting he went from 1928 to 1908 when the issue happened. Then this morning...it was increasing by 10 every few seconds until they reached 2400. Then, back down to 1908. Not sure what the results were as I had to go to work after that.
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
    Options
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent an email slightly complaining and they sent me 20 bound 150 exp scrolls......... pretty much useless unless i decided to make a new character.

Good on you for raising that issue with them and getting at least something. It's frankly ridiculous that they didn't give people who suffered this bug some recompense immediately.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
    Options
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i've logged in for the first time since the fix, and it looks as though it worked. All characters are at a point that aligns with the 28th of February. I'm still missing some currencies, including a significant amount of AP, and the CP is lower, as I was online till 1am AEST 2nd March before this catastrophe occurred.

I'm astounded that Zenimax hasn't given these accounts any additional compensation as a default. Ten days is a huge downtime in a game that rewards daily engagement. If you're going to build a system that encourages daily interactions, then have an error occur that not only wipes progress from an account but prevents players from playing and meeting those daily requirements, then compensating them for time lost is a bare minimum surely. I collect daily rewards every day. At the moment, the last day available to me is the 21st. Every day after that is locked.

Reading this thread, people have been incredibly mild in talking about and reporting the issue, especially in comparison to how hot and bothered people get about shoulder pads and skill icon colours. This bug affected our whole account! Should we have screamed and hollered like people do in other threads to get just compensation?

And what guarantee do we have that it won't happen again? This has utterly undermined my trust, if at any time the game can decide to strip my account of weeks of activity. I don't think this issue can be downplayed.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
    Options
  • OSUBucks1967
    BahometZ wrote: »
    So i've logged in for the first time since the fix, and it looks as though it worked. All characters are at a point that aligns with the 28th of February. I'm still missing some currencies, including a significant amount of AP, and the CP is lower, as I was online till 1am AEST 2nd March before this catastrophe occurred.

I'm astounded that Zenimax hasn't given these accounts any additional compensation as a default. Ten days is a huge downtime in a game that rewards daily engagement. If you're going to build a system that encourages daily interactions, then have an error occur that not only wipes progress from an account but prevents players from playing and meeting those daily requirements, then compensating them for time lost is a bare minimum surely. I collect daily rewards every day. At the moment, the last day available to me is the 21st. Every day after that is locked.

Reading this thread, people have been incredibly mild in talking about and reporting the issue, especially in comparison to how hot and bothered people get about shoulder pads and skill icon colours. This bug affected our whole account! Should we have screamed and hollered like people do in other threads to get just compensation?

And what guarantee do we have that it won't happen again? This has utterly undermined my trust, if at any time the game can decide to strip my account of weeks of activity. I don't think this issue can be downplayed.

@BahometZ Not only do I agree with this 100% but I also have to wonder what exactly did happen to create this issue in the first place and why have we not been given some information on the root cause. Think about it for a minute, not only did the issue occur with no downtime but it impacted a bunch of random folks. Then ZOS had to put in a hotfix to stop it from happening again and then had to shut down the whole server for 4.5 hours or so to put everyone impacted back to somewhere close to where they were when they were reset back to weeks ago. How come we could be reset back weeks earlier and it didn't need any downtime to do it but yet to put us back to somewhere close to where we were before the reset it took a multi hour downtime of the entire server?

At the end of the day I would very much like to be compensated in some way for the lost dailies I lost and could not claim, much like you are describing. I have actually mentioned that scenario topic in my support ticket and am waiting to get some definitive answers back from ZOS. It also would have been nice to have gotten a stack of experience scrolls without having to ask for them, I mean I lost out on at least 32-40 CP levels that I would have gained over those 8-10 days I was unable to play. Not to mention the gold, loot and such that I missed out on. Not being able to advance my horse skills daily and start new research projects are just a number of the other daily things I was prevented from doing. As you said some sort of minimal automatic compensation was dually warranted and should not need to be asked for. :neutral:
    Edited by OSUBucks1967 on March 11, 2022 1:04PM
    Options
  • Storm27Stars
    Storm27Stars
    ✭✭✭
    A sorry would have been nice as well, atleast! My 'patience' is a bit sick of being thanked.

I'm convinced this had something to do with Mid-year Mayhem ending. At the time, I was on my account and it was fine about an hour before the event finished. I logged back on about an hour after it had finished and kamboob!!!! This lot happened.

I've not replied to my ticket to as am a bit 'meh' to be honest. XP scrolls, crowns, etc,
    would be nice but we shouldnt have to go chasing compensation, it should be offered (as it only affected a small number of players).

Edited by Storm27Stars on March 11, 2022 1:39PM
    Options