The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is this the Q&A we were promised?

• Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zephiran23 wrote: »
    I'm pleased to see that individual character data will be retained.

Will it?

Technically, we'll still have individual characters right?

It at least gives us different flavors to choose from on the login screen.
    PC NA
  • Nemezijus
    Nemezijus
    ✭✭✭
    But if you cannot enjoy the game and play different characters without some digital scoreboard tracking each character achievements, saying that your roleplaying life is falling apart without it, then maybe try looking for some advice from those RPers who have done it successfully so far? There have been several people here who said that they are happily roleplaying and never paid attention to achievement table. Instead of making it sound like ZOS literally deleted your characters, seek for information and advises from your fellow players?

The achievements are the way of tracking progress in this game - the only way. So its not about being a scoreboard, rather a record.

That’s the bottom line.

People’s view of what does or does not constitute role-playing is inconsequential -this affects how many people play on a fundamental level.

Please go and read the feedback thread on the pts forum bit.

I was following that forum thread from the very beginning and there are my replies somewhere there as well.
    With or without AWA you can still do most of the quests from A to Z, you can choose to ignore some quest lines depending on your roleplay preferences and play the way you want. If one of your characters is No1 criminal, that does not make your paladin Altmer being wanted in every corner of Tamriel. Granted, there are some issues regarding NPCs acknowledging your achievements prematurely and some bits and pieces are still missing.

By now it is clear that this update is coming, whether you like it or not. Im just suggesting as a community to share insights on how to go on without character-base achievements, rather than pursuing the futile goal of trying to get it halted or modified.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And that's what people did - they shared the insight that they will stop paying, and possibly leave ESO.
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    And I'm sure there's no way to know in advance if performance is impacted right?

If only there was some special server devoted expressly to testing code changes we could use for like a month or so ... /s

The PTS may allow ZoS to test code and performance better than they can in-house by allowing a bigger pool of testers, but there's no way that it can actually test in full actuality the amount of performance increase compared with Live.

A lot of players don't even know the PTS exists. You're only going to ever get the full picture when you can see the results at the highest numbers of player traffic.

Personally for me, I'm glad for a lot of the AWA changes. There's nothing more I hate than having to grind again for something I already earned fair and square. ((That said, yes, please fix bugs surrounding quests and NPC dialogue not triggering/missing for people))

I didn't really test it yet but kinda hoping (probably against hope, I doubt it'll work that way since its rank-based) that the AWA means I can buy decorative siege furnishings from alternate alliances on alt toons for my houses. Tired of having to play in a faction I don't really want to be in just because I like their furnishings better.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all!

After review and removing a handful of posts, we have decided to close this thread given the amount of Bashing. Bashing is a violation of the Community Rules, and is stated as follows:
    • Bashing and Slanderous Comments: We do not permit the bashing of individuals (including ZeniMax employees), groups, or other companies on our forums. We believe that doing so is neither constructive nor in spirit of our game and community.
    If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.