The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A Final One-character Achievement High Score Memorial Thread

spacefracking
spacefracking
✭✭✭✭
With the coming account-wide achievement feature, now is the last time the heroes out there can flex their single character achievement high scores!

I've talked to many people proud of their single character achievement scores. So, whether you have 25,000 points, 35,000 points, or the max 48,885 points, now's the time to post em!!!!

Let's see your high score!

I'll start with my 40,520 point magicka nightblade :)

chbswte037ag.png
Edited by spacefracking on February 21, 2022 6:37PM
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The upcoming account-wide achievement forced me to complete a project I've been "tinkering with" for 4.5 years. 18 Precursors, I plan to use them as faux-shopkeepers in a clockwork market. That's my weird achievement flex!

z1a3r6ser4w5.png
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • honglatongla
    honglatongla
    ✭✭✭
    47250, pretty poggers
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    37,580 currently on my main. Most of my achievements I am missing are the trifects and vet minutia stuff for the DLC dungeons. Got vet clears across the board, multiples on many, but have never really felt the urge to grind out the DLC dungeon achievements. It was tiring enough grinding the base game vet achievements.

I actually don't think account wide achievements will make that go up at all. I have been working at clearing out achievements on my main over the last two years and the only thing my alts previously had more of than my main was alliance rank. But now, my main has more rank as well. And while I did dungeons/trials on my tank and healer, my main as a DPS has done either the same or more achievements as them.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jm4c9grrj8zp.png

I just want to memorialize that she got these on her own. Even if I had to rack up bounties on purpose to get the last achievement.
    The Moot Councillor
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    jm4c9grrj8zp.png

I just want to memorialize that she got these on her own. Even if I had to rack up bounties on purpose to get the last achievement.

Yeah, the thieving achievements are really difficult and take a lot of time. I've been grinding out the black market mogul (1,000,000g fenced) for ages. Soooo much thieving, and can only sell 140 a day
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    jm4c9grrj8zp.png

Yeah, the thieving achievements are really difficult and take a lot of time. I've been grinding out the black market mogul (1,000,000g fenced) for ages. Soooo much thieving, and can only sell 140 a day

I grinded out the last 300K or so of Black Market since the last patch. Just farmed that one building in Fargrave every day until I hit on a purple item. Make a lot of gold off plans, and around 25K or so a day fencing items. For around 30 minutes of farming a day. Wasn't too bad.

The 100K bounty was the easiest, outside of having to pay for it. Just big murder tear in a big city, like Wayrest.

Honestly, Escape Artist for me has been the most annoying achievement in the game.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    o9cgzdo.png

Three weeks to get the last 4-man Trifecta I need on her (Unchained, had a 23/24 run last week)

Already didn't renew my ESO+ when it ran out on the 15th, first time w/o the sub ever, had been playing since 4/4/14.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full on my only character. I mean in terms of achievable ones since one motif is not yet released.
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    o9cgzdo.png

Three weeks to get the last 4-man Trifecta I need on her (Unchained, had a 23/24 run last week)

Already didn't renew my ESO+ when it ran out on the 15th, first time w/o the sub ever, had been playing since 4/4/14.

0_0 does that say 48,340? Why not renewing? Because you won't be able to get achievements anymore?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to look. I find myself not caring any longer. Shame really I liked chasing achievements.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    The upcoming account-wide achievement forced me to complete a project I've been "tinkering with" for 4.5 years. 18 Precursors, I plan to use them as faux-shopkeepers in a clockwork market. That's my weird achievement flex!

Wouldn't account-wide achievement just makes this much easier to do? You still get the quests for the Precursor, and still get him as the quest reward... You just skip the part of collecting all of his pieces.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jusey1 wrote: »

Wouldn't account-wide achievement just makes this much easier to do? You still get the quests for the Precursor, and still get him as the quest reward... You just skip the part of collecting all of his pieces.

But for some of us, doing the quests, putting in the work, is what makes it an achievement.
    It's not the destination that matters, it's the journey that counts.....
    :)

Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on February 22, 2022 6:38AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    o9cgzdo.png

Is ESO gonna lose its Master Writs God?

If so Today is a sad day :(
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nope, Museum and other Collection quests are remaining character-bound so people can run the quest on multiple characters and get the reward. It'll remain the same it is now, so there won't be any change in difficulty or anything, as each character will still need to get all the pieces his or herself.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I've been doing this wrong. I just created loads of toons, did the same starter quests on most of them, then did lots of dolmens and a few dungeons. A bit of exploring, but that's about it.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    o9cgzdo.png

0_0 does that say 48,340? Why not renewing? Because you won't be able to get achievements anymore?

Because each of my characters is an individual, and this butchery of "account wide achievements" takes away each character and their individual progress. I liked going for achievements on other characters, different classes, different roles (I have multiple trifrectas as both a tank, healer and as dps on different classes) That will no longer be trackable. My writ characters will all have the Godslayer title.

This change is a complete butchery of everything that makes an Elder Scrolls game an Elder Scrolls game, which is the individuality of each character on different playthroughs in this world. There's a reason that Skyrim has 37 million releases on every device out there, it's because Elder Scrolls players like playing characters in this world.

I'm not going to quit my raid groups, I have fun with friends, but I cannot financially support a game that is going to fundamentally alter core gameplay 8 years after launching.

WiseSky wrote: »
    o9cgzdo.png

Is ESO gonna lose its Master Writs God?

If so Today is a sad day :(

Not bothering with doing writs w/o plus, too much of an inventory nightmare. I have enough gold and resources to last me for years. I enjoy looking at and analyzing data, figuring out trends, and knowing what was happening within that system. I'd like to think I gave something to the ESO family we are all a part of.

All the devs have to do is add an "account-wide" tracker (that unlocks the collectibles, titles, etc...) while keeping the individual character tracking intact, and I'll re-sub immediately. I've used the add-on to track my "overall" progress for years and have no qualms with that. But the decimation of all my individual characters and their history is a step too far.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • GrumpyKlam
    GrumpyKlam
    ✭✭✭

Because each of my characters is an individual, and this butchery of "account wide achievements" takes away each character and their individual progress. I liked going for achievements on other characters, different classes, different roles (I have multiple trifrectas as both a tank, healer and as dps on different classes) That will no longer be trackable. My writ characters will all have the Godslayer title.

This change is a complete butchery of everything that makes an Elder Scrolls game an Elder Scrolls game, which is the individuality of each character on different playthroughs in this world. There's a reason that Skyrim has 37 million releases on every device out there, it's because Elder Scrolls players like playing characters in this world.

I'm not going to quit my raid groups, I have fun with friends, but I cannot financially support a game that is going to fundamentally alter core gameplay 8 years after launching.

You guys take RP way too seriously, it's only a game. I play to have fun with other people or help them get their trifectas in dungeons / arenas and don't really bother which character I bring along for the deed.

I 100 % agree with you that if you're not happy with how the game is moving forward, you should stop financing it tho.

PC (NA) - Wretched Abyss
    All dungeons achievements done
    Immortal Redeemer (4x)
    Tick-Tock Tormentor (3x)
    Gryphon Heart (2x)
    Godslayer (2x)
    Dawnbringer (2x)
    Unchained (4x)
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But for some of us, doing the quests, putting in the work, is what makes it an achievement.

But getting the achievement no matter on what toon is the same.....

2 players do the same achievements. Both spend 30 hours getting it on one toon While the other does it amongst 2 toons.......

Literally mathamatically both players earned the achievement at the same pace and both put in equal investment into the game to earn it. I literally don't understand how one is better than the other?

The same with titles...... If I was good enough to become an emporer in pvp on one toon..... That means I can do it on all my toons as well. Or clearing vma without dying once means I am good enough of a water to earn it again.

All this does is save people who can't complete these on multiple toons due to maybe real life commitments or not wanting to spend every waking second on this game? I'm not sure why people are against stuff like this and I don't get why people think the toons are different...... Literally I'm the one playing it sitting on my chair telling them what to do lol.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2 players do the same achievements. Both spend 30 hours getting it on one toon While the other does it amongst 2 toons.......

Literally mathamatically both players earned the achievement at the same pace and both put in equal investment into the game to earn it. I literally don't understand how one is better than the other?

The same with titles...... If I was good enough to become an emporer in pvp on one toon..... That means I can do it on all my toons as well. Or clearing vma without dying once means I am good enough of a water to earn it again.

All this does is save people who can't complete these on multiple toons due to maybe real life commitments or not wanting to spend every waking second on this game? I'm not sure why people are against stuff like this and I don't get why people think the toons are different...... Literally I'm the one playing it sitting on my chair telling them what to do lol.

Very few people are against the addition of an account wide overview that unlocks the titles/collectibles/achievement furnishings across the account.

What sucks to lose is the tracking on individual characters.

Both are possible. Treating this all as an either/or only serves to create strife and derision amongst the players.
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭

I only agree with this if the journey is actually fun, enjoyable, and challenging... In this case, it is not at all and just very boring to grind out which no longer makes it a true achievement and just more of wasted time, if anything, cause anyone can do this without challenge or difficulty, it just takes time.

Think of like beating a game 50 times vs speedrunning the game only once but in one-life mode and on the hardest difficulty... The former is super easy and can be done by anyone thus it loses that feeling of being an achievement while the latter is an actual achievement of skill and knowledge of the game.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I'm guessing this thread is going to get closed soon. Got derailed rather quickly.

In an attempt to save it... if anyone doesn't understand the many nuances to the different opinions on AwA, there is a very long topic you can read in the PTS section of the forums. I'm on mobile but maybe someone else could link it for everyone?

This topic is for folks who want to nostalgically share with others dates, accomplishments, memories, etc. that will be erased after U33 if nothing changes with what's on PTS. Whether you're for, against, or somewhere in between when it comes to AwA there's no denying it will change the face of the game forever. I was looking forward to see what some folks had to share as memories, so maybe we can try to get back on track? :)
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very few people are against the addition of an account wide overview that unlocks the titles/collectibles/achievement furnishings across the account.

What sucks to lose is the tracking on individual characters.

Both are possible. Treating this all as an either/or only serves to create strife and derision amongst the players.

^ This

There are addons that did this account wide achievement thing better by displaying every single character that has accomplished the achievement while viewing the achievement panel. Current PTS version only shows the character that got it first, and then completely ignores all the others.

Not only to add the PTS implementation breaks quests, storylines, overland progress, makes it impossible to see whether you completed a quest in a spot or not without going there, breaks dialogue like the Adoring Fan and Melissa Cassel to name a couple, causes all NPCs to praise you for your deeds on things you did on your level 1 character who is still on the starting quest in the zone, and so much more like breaking museum quests so badly ZOS actually had to make them exempt from the system!

It's just too broken to release in this state. ZOS should hit pause and work through this Account Wide Achievements thing like they did with multi-rider mounts. It's not ready to release.

Also here's my main's progress so far.
    20220222215645_1.jpg

Achievement I use to keep track of her age compared to my first character.
    20220222215737_1.jpg

Day she became a vampire :heart:
    20220222215651_1.jpg

I'm going to lose all this because.... she never accomplished this stuff first. :heartbreak:
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I only agree with this if the journey is actually fun, enjoyable, and challenging... In this case, it is not at all and just very boring to grind out which no longer makes it a true achievement and just more of wasted time, if anything, cause anyone can do this without challenge or difficulty, it just takes time.

Think of like beating a game 50 times vs speedrunning the game only once but in one-life mode and on the hardest difficulty... The former is super easy and can be done by anyone thus it loses that feeling of being an achievement while the latter is an actual achievement of skill and knowledge of the game.

You need to remember people find different things fun. A friend thinks leveling characters doing the main and guild quests is fun. He has multiple accounts has been playing since day one and creates new characters all the time. Others I know have more than ten master angler characters. They are working (or were soon it won't matter) on more because they like chasing that achievement.
    I want to get all the trophy achievements on one character. I don't want a trophy another character gets to count towards the achievements on other characters. From time to time I jump on a character and go trophy hunting for a while. It is something fun to do when other things get a bit stale. I like PvP, trials and all that but sometimes just running a loop killing Ogres hoping for a toe ring is a nice diversion. Soon that part of the game will be gone. We all have fun different ways. I see no reason we can't be given the option to keep achievements as is or toggle account wide participation in achievements.

Search for master angler and read some of the threads through the years and you will see what this change is taking away from the game. People are really joyous when they finally get the achievement. Spreading it across all characters makes it kind of blah.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will get some more points before next patch but that's kinda it as for now, missing quite a lot pvp ones and a bunch in more recent trials:
    eso64_2022-02-23_19-24-18.png

Strange situation about progress tracking but i'd hope something like this (screen below) will be implemented somehow in the future (despite being tied to achievements currently) that's PAT addon as is for current patch, was a handy one for checks:
    eso64_2022-02-23_16-28-56.png
    Edited by colossalvoids on February 23, 2022 5:05PM
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not a matter of being easier. I personally don't want a participation trophy. I want to work for what I have and earn my rewards. I don't want to play Progress Quest (it's an old idle game). I don't want my characters to get achievements just for logging in.

So yes, it will be easier, but that's exactly what I don't want.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You aren't actually creating a character. You are creating a toon that you use for playing the game. There is no difference between them for you, besides their skills and gear because you are simply using them to play the game.

Some players create a character. That character has a background, motivations, morals, ethics, and boundaries they won't cross. My first character made at early release, is a Nod DK that is so light-side paragon she should glow in the dark. She doesn't steal, will never do the thieves' guild quests, and won't join the DB. The second character I made at early release is and imperial nightblade who is very disgruntled at the mess the war is creating in Cyrodiil, turning to mercenary type work; if she'll get paid for it, she'll do the job. Even if that means assassinating a target. I have a breton templar who should be a lawful stupid paladin crusader, a Nord NB who has a personal mission to steal everything that isn't actually part of the building, but who won't kill anyone while doing that. All the achievements appearing for all the characters I have is going to suck big time and actually might kill some of my interest in playing. No point if its all going to be one homogeneous blob where every character has done everything even if the achievement was one the player would never earn for that character ON PURPOSE.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will be extremely busy for the next few weeks before my ESO + expires loading my surveys onto the bag, then no more monies will be spent.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

You aren't actually creating a character. You are creating a toon that you use for playing the game. There is no difference between them for you, besides their skills and gear because you are simply using them to play the game.

Some players create a character. That character has a background, motivations, morals, ethics, and boundaries they won't cross. My first character made at early release, is a Nod DK that is so light-side paragon she should glow in the dark. She doesn't steal, will never do the thieves' guild quests, and won't join the DB. The second character I made at early release is and imperial nightblade who is very disgruntled at the mess the war is creating in Cyrodiil, turning to mercenary type work; if she'll get paid for it, she'll do the job. Even if that means assassinating a target. I have a breton templar who should be a lawful stupid paladin crusader, a Nord NB who has a personal mission to steal everything that isn't actually part of the building, but who won't kill anyone while doing that. All the achievements appearing for all the characters I have is going to suck big time and actually might kill some of my interest in playing. No point if its all going to be one homogeneous blob where every character has done everything even if the achievement was one the player would never earn for that character ON PURPOSE.

Going off on a tangent but I like giving my characters odd little quirks. I have a Khajiit that will only wear Khajiit armor and his house other than basic furnishings is Khajiit only. He wants a boat for his pond but hasn't finished the Master Angler quest yet (two other characters have). He was planning on getting the boat eventually. Now he may never be able.

My main character doing the quests when given the option never lied. Didn't matter consequences she always takes the option of telling the truth. She will steal and assassinate though. For a long time she would dye her gear a different color after every dungeon or trial run. She kind of got away from that but does change outfits quite often.

None of my characters are allowed achievement furnishings they don't earn themselves. Was something that allowed me a variety of things to choose to do as I play the game. Some activity gets a little stale I could hop on an alternate character and do some things with them. That incentive is going away.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the 68 pg PTS thread has been closed. Guess they have all they need to know from us.
    Looks like it is going live as is. :(
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)