The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodiil dolmens - looking for advice

KaGaOri
KaGaOri
✭✭✭✭
This is first mayhem I'm going to Cyrodiil for event tickets instead of battlegrounds (DM only queue = no thanks). Wouldn't go into PvP zone normaly, so decided to get all PvE stuff done while already there. Got all the town quests, all delves and all skyshards done, which leaves me with dolmens.

Was wondering what is the strategy here? I've done two by pure chance, found two more, but those never got going even after hanging around them for a while. Made myself a map to print out and will go find the other six today. The problem is, that unlike any other zone in-game map doesn't show landmarks (dolmens, but also delves, flagless towns ...) unless I'm at Morrowind gate wayshrine. Once out in the zone map is just PvP objectives and things right next to the character. Is there something in settings to change that, or is it just what it is?

Right now the plan seems to be: find all dolmens -> return to the gate -> wait which dolmen gets going -> try to get there before someone else closes it -> return to the gate -> rinse and repeat. Got everything else done in just four days, but this looks like "fun" planed for rest of the event. Anyone has better idea? Or at least know if there is set order in which they go (like Alik'r dolmens go always clockwise, so once you've find one active you always know where to go next)?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: second attempt at attaching the dolmen map:
4810qOB.jpg
Edited by KaGaOri on February 21, 2022 7:48PM
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    KaGaOri wrote: »
    Was wondering what is the strategy here? ]

i recently finally got my last 4 completed by simply doing exactly what you seem to be doing ( watch the map , ride to each spot, solo whichever is *active spawned* , rinse/repeat ) . Unfortunately, it takes a few DAYS because the 'rotations' are wonky and practically no one does them anymore in Cyrodiil ...not even during the EVENT.

Also, you might enjoy these 2 related same topic threads: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/591575/cyrodiil-dolmens-wont-start ....and also: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/592921/bugged-dolmen-cyrodiil (even though, technically, they actually aren't really "bugged" ....just extremely painstaking B) )
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like most Cyrodiil PvE it's best done outside of the event with a big pack of guild members
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is, that unlike any other zone in-game map doesn't show landmarks (dolmens, but also delves, flagless towns ...) unless I'm at Morrowind gate wayshrine. Once out in the zone map is just PvP objectives and things right next to the character. Is there something in settings to change that, or is it just what it is?

It is a setting on the maps screen. On PC, at least, there is a little filter icon at top of the info bar on side of map. Many things are turned off by default in Cyrodiil and you can manually turn them on. I think you need to turn on landmarks or objects or something like that to see all the map locations you have found.
    Edited by Dagoth_Rac on February 24, 2022 5:44PM
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    The problem is, that unlike any other zone in-game map doesn't show landmarks (dolmens, but also delves, flagless towns ...) unless I'm at Morrowind gate wayshrine. Once out in the zone map is just PvP objectives and things right next to the character. Is there something in settings to change that, or is it just what it is?

It is a setting on the maps screen. On PC, at least, there is a little filter icon at top of the info bar on side of map. Many things are turned off by default in Cyrodiil and you can manually turn them on. I think you need to turn on landmarks or objects or something like that to see all the map locations you have found.

@Dagoth_Rac Thank you so much, you are life savior <3 . Can't believe I couldn't find it before.

Only one dolmen left to do now. Having good luck doing solo PvE stuff in Cyrodiil so far while the even is going - PvPers are farming AP and staying away from dolmens, delves and such, which wouldn't give them any.