Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Bugged dolmen? Cyrodiil

Sonnir
Sonnir
✭✭✭
I have tried to get the Niben Basin Dolmen in Cyrodiil a whole slew of times and it never drops for me (over a month). I have visited the dolmen location at different times. Multiple campaigns. It is NEVER here.

PC NA.

Being that it doesn't seem to drop, I assume it is bugged for some reason?
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sonnir wrote: »
    I have tried to get the Niben Basin Dolmen in Cyrodiil a whole slew of times and it never drops for me (over a month). I have visited the dolmen location at different times. Multiple campaigns. It is NEVER here. PC NA.

Being that it doesn't seem to drop, I assume it is bugged for some reason?
    i haven't personally experienced the issue myself yet , but it does seem that maybe a few other players have: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/591575/cyrodiil-dolmens-wont-start
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the last patch they have changed the appearance of dolmens. They are working like harrowstorms now- that means, there is only one dolmen active and you have to close that one till another will show up.

On the map you now can see which dolmen is active (fight icon).

Pretty silly design for cyrodiil dolmen in my opinion.
  • Sonnir
    Sonnir
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered if their spawn conditions were updated, but problem in Cyrodiil is the dolmens do not show up on the map like other zones and the map is huge. Are people really expected to ride all over the whole map, in a PVP zone, just trying to figure out what dolmen is active, only to get dead soon as they find it because an opposing faction is camping it?

I will never get all the dolmens in Cyrodiil now.... >.<

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can activate the icons on the filters. I think they are on default turned off in cyrodiil.
  • Sonnir
    Sonnir
    ✭✭✭
    Where at? I have looked around but I don't see anywhere where I can activate dolmen icons in Cyrodiil. Are you talking about an addon?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sonnir wrote: »
    Where at? I have looked around but I don't see anywhere where I can activate dolmen icons in Cyrodiil. Are you talking about an addon?

I hope not. What are console players supposed to do?

That dolmen near Nikel gets triggered just by players riding from there to Brindle.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Sonnir
    Sonnir
    ✭✭✭
    Literally can not find a single active dolmen in this region!!!! This is getting really frustrating. Riding all over the map, trying to find one.

@ZOS, please consider making dolmens a possible thing to do in Cyrodiil, like they used to be. The new, only 1 active dolmen system is clearly not working and is extremely frustrating.
  • Mophett
    Mophett
    I like how they changed the Dolmens but outside Cyrodiil it works because normally there is only three or as in new map areas more but we have way shrines to travel to them. As we can only travel across the map quickly in Cyrodiil via how much of your faction has taken keeps and outposts the way it works now is too limited. A better way for this to work in Cyrodiil would be to have each faction having one Dolmen active at same time.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mophett wrote: »
    I like how they changed the Dolmens but outside Cyrodiil it works because normally there is only three or as in new map areas more but we have way shrines to travel to them. As we can only travel across the map quickly in Cyrodiil via how much of your faction has taken keeps and outposts the way it works now is too limited. A better way for this to work in Cyrodiil would be to have each faction having one Dolmen active at same time.

I’m not sure having a dolmen for each faction is good either. The map changes a lot and I can see this causing a problem with dolmens either suddenly becoming not active or not activating at all.

Please revert Cyrodiil dolmens to the way they were. You can’t even see them on your game map and the distances to travel to find an active dolmen, even in a completely friendly faction map, are unreasonable.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Sonnir
    Sonnir
    ✭✭✭
    OMG, so yesterday, as I was leaving Cyrodiil in utter frustration, I saw the dolmens and which was active via the wayshrine! With the dolmen icons displayed as they do in other zones (I had run around to every location so I had "found" them all), I was actually able to get a few dolmens done.

I am still not impressed with dolmens functioning this way in Cyrodiil (everywhere else, it is great!) but at least let us see the darn dolmens on our map, not just when one is at one of the 2 wayshrines in Cyrodiil.
  • Mophett
    Mophett
    I’m not sure having a dolmen for each faction is good either. The map changes a lot and I can see this causing a problem with dolmens either suddenly becoming not active or not activating at all.

I'll try to make it clearer for you.

Each faction will always have a Dolmen active as each faction in Cyrodiil has 3 Dolmens within their area of the map.
    So there would be 1 active Dolmen per faction and it will rotate around those 3 Dolmens within each faction.

This is probably closer to how it was in Cyrodiil before the change.

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mophett wrote: »

I'll try to make it clearer for you.

Each faction will always have a Dolmen active as each faction in Cyrodiil has 3 Dolmens within their area of the map.
    So there would be 1 active Dolmen per faction and it will rotate around those 3 Dolmens within each faction.

This is probably closer to how it was in Cyrodiil before the change.

I don’t need an explanation, I understood perfectly.

I explained my concerns about the implementation of this idea.

As far as I know, all dolmens in Cyrodiil previously were independent of whether another one was active or not. I did all of them on one of my toons and never found one inactive.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA