The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

What if...hear me out

p00tx
p00tx
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since we're eliminating the need to earn titles on all characters already, what if we took things another step in that direction and made insta-leveling a thing? Throw it in the crown store, make it cost the same as insta-leveling skill lines like Mage's or Fighter's, and allow someone to go from lvl3 to lvl50 instantly, provided they already had at least one character already at that level. End gamers would snap this up in a heartbeat every time you release a whole new meta that requires us to level an entire new toon.

I'm being 100% genuine about this suggestion with zero sarcasm. I feel that's important to note, given the current annoyed/resigned/incredulous mood of many of us on the forums these days.
PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree, I'm surprised we don't already have a level 50 token. Especially since one tamriel any zone any level we no longer have a need for "start" zones to be populated with low levels.
    Options
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Likely there's a steady enough stream of purchases for XP boosting items they don't want to upset it.
    PC NA
    Options
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we just eliminate the need to do anything in the game? A token for a maxed out character with all achievements done. What's wrong with people experiencing the game and playing it from the start?
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    How about we just eliminate the need to do anything in the game? A token for a maxed out character with all achievements done. What's wrong with people experiencing the game and playing it from the start?

PTS Templates for everyone!
    Options
  • aurelius_fx
    aurelius_fx
    ✭✭✭
    i recall guild wars 2 having something like that when you made a new character - for subscribers or something, which makes sense if you have already played the whole class and know exactly how it plays and just want to deal with the end game without going through the hassle of levelling through all the zones you've been in countless times, but would be worse for an actual new player due to being overwhelmed with skills they don't understand. it would even include free armor for your class and everything, and all of that was simply optional
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's being suggested is the need to redo it...not do it.
    Options
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Chiiiilll. I've played over 30 characters during my time here, with multiple Cadwell's Golds completed. I just want to be able to bring a new character to the level of my other characters without having to grind it yet again.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
    Options
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but I really don't see what the problem is. Yes I get that you have got a level bazillion character already amd so want to skip getting them from level 1 to CP.

But this game is already incredibly alt friendly (if you have the money) and this is just a step too far for me.

And should this be implemented the next thing people will be asking for is to be able to buy the skill points for quests completed, for dungeons completed, oh I got Grand Overlord on character A I want to buy it for character B (with skill points)

As I said if we go too far down this road we may as well just put a PTS template in the crown store for people to buy so they have done everything in the game without doing any of it.

Then they can happily move onto their next game knowing ESO is done.

Not for me, I like to play the game, and if there is some grind in there so what, its not like its hard to get to level 50
    Options
  • aurelius_fx
    aurelius_fx
    ✭✭✭
    there is nothing wrong with you wanting to experience the game and playing from the start, no one is forcing you to power level your character

but it doesn't makes sense to not allow people to go the other way if they're the most interested in different aspects of the game
    And should this be implemented the next thing people will be asking for is to be able to buy the skill points for quests completed, for dungeons completed, oh I got Grand Overlord on character A I want to buy it for character B (with skill points)
    why do you have to get a concept and then exaggerate up to 11 to make your point? no one is talking about achievements or buying dungeons/quests/titles, we're discussing this thing and you're already far ahead talking about "eliminate the need to do anything in the game", what sort of logic is that? are you saying people who get to level 50 don't have anything else to do in the game? you're simply belittling all the points from the suggestion and misleading the topic to a magnified joke
    Not for me, I like to play the game, and if there is some grind in there so what, its not like its hard to get to level 50
    no one is saying it's hard to get to level 50 either.

do you ever just stop to consider that maybe other people with different objectives enjoy the game for different reasons than you? ESO isn't a linear single player game
    Edited by aurelius_fx on February 16, 2022 5:03PM
    Options
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And simply put have you ever stopped to consider where the game could go with more and more buy this quick tokens in the crown store? And with account wide achievements?
    Options
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And simply put have you ever stopped to consider where the game could go with more and more buy this quick tokens in the crown store? And with account wide achievements?

Yes, I've given it some thought, and I don't believe it'd be detrimental. If people enjoy the grind, they're still free to grind and won't be forced to use the token. Those of us who have already put in our time and done the grind over and over and just want to play the game the way we want to play it would make ample use of these tokens and thoroughly enjoy ourselves. It's not like we're currently questing our way to lvl 50 every time we make a new toon. We go grind our way up using favorite grind spots and XP scrolls. There is absolutely no downside to this other than adding yet another thing to the already bloated crownstore, which isn't really an issue and more of an irrelevant opinion thing on my part.
    Options
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But those who do not know the game can also buy the token and be 50 so fast that they will not learn anything. This game is not that simple to start. Let them have the time, dont rush them.

i have 3 accounts. On the last one, i decided to start a new character and do everything. I am on it since months. And i learned things i never noticed before. Thus i was able to engage some combat that i could no do before.

WIth a token, anyone will try a class without knowing its own. I fear this.

I used that on another game, until i realised that if that was faster, that was not really a benefit. I was not understanding some classes.

There was a token though that would level you, BUT nothing else. You had to redo all the quests, main story, area, but you had already all the skills. THis at least made people use the skills without delay. And i thought it was not that bad. They could work on a rotation they liked and had all the time to work on it.
    Edited by Lauranae on February 18, 2022 10:14PM
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
    Options
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »
    But those who do not know the game can also buy the token and be 50 so fast that they will not learn anything. This game is not that simple to start. Let them have the time, dont rush them.

i have 3 accounts. On the last one, i decided to start a new character and do everything. I am on it since months. And i learned things i never noticed before. Thus i was able to engage some combat that i could no do before.

WIth a token, anyone will try a class without knowing its own. I fear this.

I used that on another game, until i realised that if that was faster, that was not really a benefit. I was not understanding some classes.

There was a token though that would level you, BUT nothing else. You had to redo all the quests, main story, area, but you had already all the skills. THis at least made people use the skills without delay. And i thought it was not that bad. They could work on a rotation they liked and had all the time to work on it.

I'm not asking to have all of the quests completed. I'm asking that those who have already gotten a character to CP levels be allowed to purchase a skip token to bring a new character to the same level. I'm not really worried about other people learning their classes because that is 100% up to the individual to worry about. If they want to learn, I believe they will. If they're not interested in that, I also support that. This is obviously my bias talking here, but I don't think people who don't understand how the game works will be the target audience for this particular purchase. It's likely going to be used by top end PvE and PvPers who maybe transferred to PC from console and need to build up their character selection again or who need to get a nightblade healer/tank/dps ready to go in 2 days because they have a nutty raidlead, or just want to build something from scratch for whatever reasons they may have which are completely their own. These things do occur and it would be nice to have a contingency in place for them.
    Options
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    Or you could actually have to level up your character, do quests for skill points with the 100s of EXP scroll we already get for free.
    Following the meta is like copying someones homework. Auto leveling is like someone going to school for you.
    Now getting those 50 skill points out of PvP ranks and putting them into level up rewards, that´s a change that makes sense IMO.
    Options
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Headdesk*

This is why no one bothers posting anything on these forums anymore...
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    Since we're eliminating the need to earn titles on all characters already, what if we took things another step in that direction and made insta-leveling a thing? Throw it in the crown store, make it cost the same as insta-leveling skill lines like Mage's or Fighter's, and allow someone to go from lvl3 to lvl50 instantly, provided they already had at least one character already at that level. End gamers would snap this up in a heartbeat every time you release a whole new meta that requires us to level an entire new toon.

I'm being 100% genuine about this suggestion with zero sarcasm. I feel that's important to note, given the current annoyed/resigned/incredulous mood of many of us on the forums these days.

I'm sad about the data loss from the achievements, but am on board with account- wide titles and am on board with this suggestion. Honestly I think it's something important for an MMO to offer after it matures a while.

I may not get the details of this story exactly right, as it was a long time ago now but when my friends first recruited me to WoW, I leveled a character that WASN'T for me. It was an arms warrior, I think. They had all been playing a long time and starting over on a 2nd character to try again was an overwhelming thought. They wanted me to jump into raids and it just wasn't happening. Then WoW came out a new class.. the death knight?.. and you could start one at level 60. I loved it and was so happy. I was raiding with my friends in no time.

If you are newer to a long term MMO and want to play end game with friends, you don't have the luxury of slowly getting to learn and level every class and growing with the community. You're always behind. Offering something as you describe is better than a class change token because it lets the newer players revisit the other class later.

There's this idea that seems extra strong in certain ESO cultures right now that there needs to be external trust/proof that someone EARNED where they are... so that one's own time isn't wasted, I guess. There's so much talk of role checking in the dungeon queue and having to earn the hard titles and I don't completely get this. It's obvious in, like, ten minutes in harder content if someone is "green." Whether they have a good title or no title.

So having gone through this myself in another MMO, I would say it's time. <shrug>
    Edited by peacenote on February 24, 2022 5:53AM
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't you just buy a skill reset?
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
    Options
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, that wouldn't accomplish the end result I'm looking for.
    Options
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'm surprised this isn't already a thing.
    However, as with every similar CS service that is suggested, how appealing it is will depend on the price, and I cannot imagine this being sold for less than 5k crowns.

Keeping in mind that with all the bonus exp items we get, leveling a new char to CP takes like a day, day and a half of no-lifing, I don't really see most endgame players jumping onto this. Once you've levelled a couple of alts to CP, you have it down to a science, it really doesn't take that long, and you don't have to fork over a dime (besides the character slot, of course).

Besides, this is hinging on:
    1. The idea that a new class will come out soon, which looking at how the last three years went, it most likely won't;
    2. The assumption that most endgame players don't already have at least a fully leveled and/or geared alt for every class in their role, which I think is very unlikely.

That said, I'm not necessarily against it, I just don't see it being that popular of an item to sell with how ESO handles leveling and alts.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
    Options
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess you'd also buy a race change, maybe alliance change, name change, etc. So I guess what you're missing is class change?

What I'm getting at is that if you're rolling a new character to deal with new meta, you can just adapt your current character.
    Options
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I guess you'd also buy a race change, maybe alliance change, name change, etc. So I guess what you're missing is class change?

What I'm getting at is that if you're rolling a new character to deal with new meta, you can just adapt your current character.

I see what you meant now. In end game PvE, you need to have one of everything ready to go, and as a healer in endgame, sometimes we have multiples of each one, just to keep gear/skill morphs/etc straight. I know there are addons and the armory to help with that, but I'm not a fan of the armory system after it ate my entire build and I had to reinput everything right before raid.

I might have a raid from 2-4pm where I'm a templar healer in SPC/MK, full healing, and then another raid from 5-7pm where I'm a templar off healer, toggling and dpsing for most of the raid, and I need to be able to go from one to the other seamlessly, and having two templars ready to go makes that way easier. We require versatility and preparedness, and being able to quickly pop up new characters would make that 1000x easier, especially for someone like me who left 4 years of progression behind on Xbox and started over on PC with nothing. I'm still trying to catch up to where i was in terms of gear, achievements, and my character roster. The thought of grinding up an additional 10 characters to get back to where I was is mind numbing though. I know how to play the game. I know how to play my classes and roles. I'm just trying to catch up to where I was, and I'm more comfortable throwing money at it than I am spending hours and hours brainlessly grinding all over again.
    Edited by p00tx on February 25, 2022 8:22AM
    Options
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Understood, thanks for clarifying.
    Options