The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

What kind of content do you most enjoy as an average player?

endgamesmug
endgamesmug
✭✭✭✭
Seems to me that vet trials/ vet dlc hm's/ no deaths/ speed runs are just not made for us. So lets look at what we can do in this at the average level. I loved the pvp originally for years fighting outnumbered, and trading/crafting of course also really enjoyed the area dailies when i came over to pc and of course dungeons. Ive tried housing im terrible at it 😂
If you're an above average player why not also make a poll if you feel left out if this? In my opinion I think theres more than enough evidence on the forums about above average players and how easy content is to them. As for questing I know alot find this fun but i only had 10 options i could choose in the poll so had to choose wisely, after all it is covering average player activities as opposed to what beginner players are doing generally I think. 😊
Edited by endgamesmug on January 16, 2022 3:57AM

What kind of content do you most enjoy as an average player? 209 votes

Trading
4%
nenekotanb16_ESOjerek95BergisMacBrideEasily_LostSylaeAvishagestelrandirSir_HammockShAdOwZonE 9 votes
Pvp
35%
SolarikenKikazarugameswithaspoonRDMyers65b14_ESOKayshastybbe17b16_ESONanfoodleYashaNacarioWolfpawKwoungSorakadem0n1kReifElo106TBoisReverbAsh_In_My_SujammaVevvevValarMorghulis1896 74 votes
Area dailies
9%
jbranstub17_ESOYstradCludphaneub17_ESOSalmeynaknightblasterRustyfish101mickeyxTyharMythrialDrowSeaGtGruffMik195r34lianSubSidalNorghmarkulrich1966YouyesuBlinxendgamesmugthedocbwarren 19 votes
Craglorn normal pugs
0%
GOAT4EVARACamaroGuy 2 votes
Pledges
4%
Gedericproprio.meb16_ESOpeacenoteParasaurolophusOberon45ZatoxZama666Grandchamp1989Iron_WarriorCooperharley 10 votes
Housing
22%
BlueRavenGalendvstansb14_ESOKesstrylDarcyMardinCloudtraderLonestryderSheridanInaMoonlightradiostarBlacknight841phairdonJeffrey530MandragoraNightlordDorianDragonRazeSmitch_59AthymhormiaTheImperfectIrfind 46 votes
Farming
6%
MaddjujuMojmiranitajoneb17_ESOJames-WayneiyxSnowZeniamahoukittynot_without_coffeesunny668EF321RNGeezeevymyu233dragonlord500 13 votes
Fishing
1%
LivvyAetherderiusIrishLassy 3 votes
Random normals
6%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESORedTalonU_D_D_I_N_RBlkadrEtoriligegladSidoniushaelenemacsmoothElvenOverlordDigiAngelSillanahMesite 13 votes
Vet base dungeons
9%
GlassHalfFullpriestnall.andrewrwb17_ESODarrettAtAfternoonSmerchyDrdeath20FluffyReachWitchSuicideRoachCaptain_OPDosuulRaptorRodeoGodStratlocMelivarRezdaynMudcrabAttackZeroDPSDaniel141182Cobble123Whiskey_JGoorar 20 votes
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    Housing
    I enjoyed the goal of crafting furnitures for houses the most.
    I quite do enjoy writs with crafting, sometimes dungeons if I meet a friendly group, where I can test my skill/armor setup and just doing quests/gathering materials generally, but heists and sacramets are a bit the same and sort of broken - I almost never complete the challenge.
    At certain point everything become pointless/too much repetitive. Like writs as the main noncombat daily is almost impossible to avoid, so it gets old if you have to do it with every alt.
    So that is why I wish for more of non combat zone dailies, where I can roleplay as an addition to the daily. I don't know if it would be fun.
    Scrying is fun aswell, but very limited and timed rewards, so I'm not sure what I feel about it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Area dailies
    And general questing, I'm also an altoholic so I got full house 18 characters doing a little bit of everything. I have one main character who has just about every story quest completed, the rest are pretty scattered in their completion.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can questing be omitted? That's far and away still my favourite activity after playing since launch, with housing and fishing the only things on your list that I also do.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Questing and normal trials (but not PUGs, I play with my guild)
    Soupy twist
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You missed questing 8)
    Too many toons not enough time
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    How can questing be omitted?

This.

• Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, another vote for the missing QUESTING option.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is kinda a hard question, because it depends on my mood and what I think I want to do "in that moment".

On average, I mostly login to do daily endeavours and 7 crafting quests.

But if I would have to rate, then it would be:
    - Daily routine (crafting quests)
    - Questing.
    - "Solo" group dungeons (yes, I do those alone, it feels more rewarding, almost like a solo-trial).
    - PvP in Cyrodiil.
    - Housing.

It is not like I like one more than the other, it depends on the mood I am in.

As for Arenas & IC - I only do those if I absolutely have to. For instance, gear that drops in arenas & IC is not the factor, but mythic leads for example are. If I farm the leads or do this type of coronet (Arena & IC), after w while I hate myself and need a long break.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Questing and exploration.

It's nice to have other options sometimes, but that's what I spend the vast majority of my time doing and what I enjoy the most.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Area dailies
    Sorry everyone i missed the questing option for the poll, im a noob at this stuff at this time! 😂 we hear you loud and clear though!😀
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Area dailies
    Of the options you offered, "area dailies" probably comes closest. More generally, I most enjoy the repeatable activities such as crafting writs, guild dailies, zone dailies-- including the ones in PvP zones-- and just running around fighting mobs and bosses, doing delves and dungeons, farming resources, collecting gear for the stickerbook, etc.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Story questing.
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I enjoy the most is to wander freely in PvE explorable, without any mandatory objectives, zero stress, harvesting everything in sight, collecting chests and troves, enjoying landscapes. If t's on my way and I feel for it, I go for a quest, a delve or take part at a dolmen/boss...

That's my way to play in ESO generally: chilling in full freedom, doing only what I feel for. :D

Trading is my 2nd preferred activity, followed by housing and scrying/excavating.

The only dailies I do are the equipment crafting ones, completed within 3 minutes max thanks to an addon. And a funny thing is that due to my way to play, almost every day, 2 up to 3 of the daily endeavors get automatically completed without extra efforts... o:)
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing and vet dlc dungeons.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pledges
    If I log in fast it's basicly Writs + Dragon chest + daily dungeon

Other than vet Trials and Dungeons I enjoy

- Housing
    - Zone guide completions
    - Completing stickerbook and recipes
    - currently leveleing companion's and increasing their skills.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing
    Plus questing, exploring, farming, fishing, antiquities, crafting.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the combination of everything.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little bit of everything?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exploring
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploration - the most vital activity is missing in your list.

And I like the antiquities system lately a lot - gets me into areas, where I haven't been before and where I would have had no reason to go there - which in return gave me some awesome experiences in places, where I never thought that there would be any interesting content.
    Edited by Lysette on January 9, 2022 3:53PM
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have had 'Exploring' on that list!
  • Hlanu
    Hlanu
    ✭✭✭
    Housing
    While questing was what I wanted to choose initially, housing is actually the activity that takes up most of my time theses days.
    Hlanu - Redguard Arcanist
    Tahemet at-Hubalajad - Redguard Sorcerer

PC EU
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pvp
    I spend less time in Cyrodiil than I used to but Cyrodiil continues to be my favorite part of the game.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vet base dungeons
    I enjoy doing dungeon runs, but it’s not easy to find the right difficulty. They go from complete cakewalks to very difficult too quickly. Vet bases are probably the most fun in regards to difficulty level.

Vet base dungeons are still a little too easy in most cases, but the gap between them and the vet DLC content is a bit too large, and the dlc content turns frustrating rather than enjoyable.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pvp
    A couple years ago it would have been a tossup between farming, fishing or trading, as I enjoy them all. However, now that I have farmed and fished everything in the game and traded myself to the point of not needing gold for anything, PVP is where it is at for me. I enjoy the unpredictability of other players, large battles and generally mixing it up in a mostly chaotic atmosphere where anything could happen and I still get truly surprised sometimes.

I was never really into dungeons or trials, most because I burned out on memorizing patterns playing PacMan back in the day, and memorization of mechanics /= skill or engagement for me.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, what no vote for overland content which includes delves, public dungeons, Dolmens, and world bosses.
    Edited by Castagere on January 9, 2022 8:43PM
  • Astiron
    Astiron
    ✭✭✭
    Questing and exploring. And the forums lol
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who are you calling average?

I have actually had periods where each of the options were my main focus, with the exception of the Craglorn pugs.
  • U_D_D_I_N_R
    U_D_D_I_N_R
    ✭✭✭
    Random normals
    Playing with new alts & new people carrying me in randoms are the most fun, iv actually had in this game.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing
    Who are you calling average?

I have actually had periods where each of the options were my main focus, with the exception of the Craglorn pugs.

I just personally answered it as if I was excluding challenging content.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 9, 2022 10:46PM