The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Which class got the best spammable?

• Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flame Skull (and its Morphs) (Necro)
    Nightblade and Necro have the nicest ones to weave. Flame skull is just more fun.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Punctering Strikes (and its Morphs) (Templar)
    For solo play has to be jabs, using sets that return magicka on kills makes trash mobs fun and the sustain is never ending.

So it is to me the ultimate "spammable", other skills may do more damage and fit rotations better BUT jabs can get you through a dungeon on it's own. 😁

For the bosses I have a monster set that returns magicka on crit (can't remember the name atm) and jabs crits a lot too! 😎
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • tenryuta
    tenryuta
    ✭✭✭
    lava whip:has a standard attack and knockdown with higher damage
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even though I voted Puncturing Strikes, Lava Whip is a very strong second. It only loses to Stikes because it is not an AoE.

The main disadvantage to Templar (which makes it balanced IMO) is that you can't take a synergy, drink a potion, or light attack while in a channel. Blocking also cuts off your DPS.
    Playing since beta...
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lava Whip (and its Morphs) (DK)
    You underestimate the power of the spin to win

If you have not spun, then you can't understand the power. Had I not tried the skill on my stamDK at max stack. I would be saying puncture.
    Edited by ke.sardenb14_ESO on January 3, 2022 2:41PM
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the same gear no cp, 64 points in mag, no food - dark elf:

Tooltip:

Sweeps 11706 with burning light (guaranteed)

Cliff Racer 10414 (11976.1 at 28-meter max range)

Flame Skull 10236 (12283.2 every 3rd cast)

Flame Lash 11490 (13648 Power lash)

Frags 11772 (19541.52 Proc'd)

Swallow Soul 10326 no additional damage

So, the magblade's spammable does the least damage with ZERO additional modifiers

Damn, eh!

• ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Sweeps doesn’t even make sense. By the time you lay down shards, wall of elements, solar barrage, purifying light. You get like 2 maybe 3 sweeps in before you gotta reload. It’s melee range, is effected weirdly by CP tree and to optimize you gotta use duel wield or lightning staff, does not mesh up with Jesus beam as far as buffs go, plus it’s clunky.

With a nightblade every other rotation you are able to get 4 swallow souls in before a spectral bow. It’s just very easy to fit into such a dynamic rotation of counting to 5. It has range, fits in perfectly with the CP tree and class execute and you are able to optimally use a flame staff with it.

Obviously just talking magicka here.

If you have ever played Stamplar you know that jabs is so strong, you will actually be wasting your time using executioner. Your average rotation will be trap>hail>ritual>Potl>3 jabs>Potl>3 jabs repeat. It widely considered one of the easiest rotations in the game. I did not even vote, because it gets boring after a while, and I still knew jabs was going to win by a country mile.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veiled Strike (and its Morphs) (NB)
    Sweeps doesn’t even make sense. By the time you lay down shards, wall of elements, solar barrage, purifying light. You get like 2 maybe 3 sweeps in before you gotta reload. It’s melee range, is effected weirdly by CP tree and to optimize you gotta use duel wield or lightning staff, does not mesh up with Jesus beam as far as buffs go, plus it’s clunky.

With a nightblade every other rotation you are able to get 4 swallow souls in before a spectral bow. It’s just very easy to fit into such a dynamic rotation of counting to 5. It has range, fits in perfectly with the CP tree and class execute and you are able to optimally use a flame staff with it.

If you have ever played Stamplar you know that jabs is so strong, you will actually be wasting your time using executioner. Your average rotation will be trap>hail>ritual>Potl>3 jabs>Potl>3 jabs repeat. It widely considered one of the easiest rotations in the game. I did not even vote, because it gets boring after a while, and I still knew jabs was going to win by a country mile.

Uh, everyone can see that you voted for Lava Whip.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll be on a heater in a BG then run up against a templar and then, you know...the .... rest....
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strife (and its Morphs) (NB)

Tooltip:

So, the magblade's spammable does the least damage with ZERO additional modifiers

Damn, eh!

Very misleading information that does not take into account all the confounding variables. That sweeps tooltip is over a whole second and you have to land all 4 to achieve that where swallow soul is instant.

Furthermore the games combat design includes LA weaving. Over a tested duration you will land less sweeps and less light attacks using sweeps as a main spammable.

players end up losing DPS with a Templar bcz it is very easy to break away from a structured rotation and end up in the sweeps black hole.

like I have previously stated the CP tree works against templars. You want to buff up AoE to help strengthen your sweeps but Jesus beam is not modified at all by boosting AoE damage. Where a nightblades impale and swallow soul are benefiting from the same CP modifiers.

And lastly using a flame staff is much less clunky over the alternatives but flame staves do not help out sweeps.
    Edited by Drdeath20 on January 3, 2022 4:22PM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any class ability that has a channeling or casting time are not abilities to spam. They can easily be interrupted.

For PVE, any instant ability that has a range of 5m+, can easily be weaved with a light attack, and averages over 7K damage with around 4k weapon damage and 30k resource pool is an ability that is going to be decent to include as the primary ability to weave with light attacks, aka the spammable ability.

For PVP, Templar does well with its spammable ability with its Biting Jabs / Puncture Sweep ability but at the same time Templars, even magika ones are more melee focused than ranged focused. You can go range with a templar using Dark Flare but that casting time can be a curse when you lag out or if your target moves out of your LoS, which causes the character to stay in the animation of the ability and can make you a sitting duck.

Those that feel templar are great with Biting Jabs / Puncture Sweep must be forgetting NB Sap Essence ability that heals, damage and gives a 20% sorcery/ brutality bonus.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on January 3, 2022 5:09PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And for Magblades, and Magblades only, its the morph of Strife with Swallow Soul. I don't know anyone who runs a nightblade of any kind with just Strife or the other morph of Funnel Health
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that 9 out of 10 players I see while soloing are spamming those templar jab things, I'm gonna go with the templar jab things.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer is simple, not a stamDK
    Awake, but at what cost
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty telling how nearly everyone is in agreement that Jabs is the best.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭

Tooltip:

Damn, eh!

Very misleading information that does not take into account all the confounding variables. That sweeps tooltip is over a whole second and you have to land all 4 to achieve that where swallow soul is instant.

Furthermore the games combat design includes LA weaving. Over a tested duration you will land less sweeps and less light attacks using sweeps as a main spammable.

players end up losing DPS with a Templar bcz it is very easy to break away from a structured rotation and end up in the sweeps black hole.

like I have previously stated the CP tree works against templars. You want to buff up AoE to help strengthen your sweeps but Jesus beam is not modified at all by boosting AoE damage. Where a nightblades impale and swallow soul are benefiting from the same CP modifiers.

And lastly using a flame staff is much less clunky over the alternatives but flame staves do not help out sweeps.

Actually sweeps is .8 of a second and you can LA in that rotation sharing a global cooldown, so the animation is prolonged but the cast still adheres to the GCD rules

...and if you're a ranged Magblade and you have to use meteor which is the only choice, single target CP doesn't affect it so, you get a low tool tip - So, that works both ways - Flame staves don't help meteor
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not meta (I think) but my favorite spamable is Snipe. I love #BowBuildsAllTheWay
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of the skills
    * Effects and animations
    * Usability in both PvE and PvP
    * Uniqueness

1. Veiled Strike
    2. Strife
    3. Puncturing Jabs

Close contender is DKs Whip but while it's good it just doesn't feel as satisfying. Unless used on an Argonian of course.

Poopfist is terrible
    Necro skull feels clunky, scythe is pretty satisfying but worse to use than skulls, which are actually good in PvE.
    Sorc frags are OK but cast times suck
    Warden birds suck, effect and damage just feel so disconnected to when you actually use the skill
    Edited by PvP_Exploiter on January 4, 2022 1:46AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OTYz9lQ70
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so disappointed in the poll results.

jabs should come in second to swallow soul, not visa versa.

what makes jabs better than swallow soul is that it is hella-AoE

but what makes jabs not as good as swallow soul:

1) cannot be blockcast (huge problem)
    2) useless at range (major problem)
    3) slightly aids to weave with a potion, etc.
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Uh, everyone can see that you voted for Lava Whip.

Exactly, if you saw my first post you I broke down why I chose whip over jabs. What I'm sayings is jabs is the one spammable in the game that carries the class itself, and if you asked me a patch ago I would have picked it.
    I chose whip because this patch it feels just as strong as jabs did on my templar, but the utility of both morphs, and how they mesh with DKs kit is more impactful than just having a heal or major savagery.
    Edited by ke.sardenb14_ESO on January 4, 2022 7:39AM
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Tooltip:

Damn, eh!

So if you are using molten whip, which is the more common DPS morph, at max stacks it would be 22865. For every stack it increases damage done by 33%, and with 3 stacks that is a 99% boost.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ksariyu wrote: »
    Pretty much the same. They act mostly the same, feel exactly the same. Not really much of a difference, which is kind of how ZoS wants it.

Not at all. In there you have channeled aoe spammables that require you to weave slightly differently, single target instant spammables, spammables with a buffed proc, spammables that also provide a group buff, spammables that provide a self heal, spammables that also damage other nearby targets... And that doesn't even include the semi spammables like blast ones, shalks, daedric prey that do delayed damage but are used much more regularly than a typical dot, or other spammables like sap essence.

I play every class of DD, most of them in magicka and stamina variations, and I definitely wouldn't agree that they all feel the same - even at the level of detail of how the class spammable works. And there are non-class spammables that feel different again (destro staff single target and aoe spammables, including an interrupt, also a frost spammable with lingering dot), psijic la buff spammable....
  • Saxhleel
    Saxhleel
    ✭✭✭
    Jabs because it is a killing machine. With the Sweeps morph, you also get healing, basically making you deal stupid amounts of damage and basically not taking any damage in return.
    "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy" — Dagoth Ur

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rudrani wrote: »
    so disappointed in the poll results.

jabs should come in second to swallow soul, not visa versa.

what makes jabs better than swallow soul is that it is hella-AoE

but what makes jabs not as good as swallow soul:

1) cannot be blockcast (huge problem)
    2) useless at range (major problem)
    3) slightly aids to weave with a potion, etc.

Swallow Soul is probably the best single target spammable. But jabs gives your direct and AOE damage and healing. Also, the range of jabs is longer than you might think. Its nearly a ranged attack
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dive (and its Morphs) (Warden)
    Dive (and its Morphs) (Warden)

The advantage is with sta morph, with Every cast it does more damage. If you want a skill to spam and not think. It's great on trash and tougher mob as well. An idiot can get good DPS and from ranged no less. That's a huge advantage.
    Edited by Nanfoodle on January 5, 2022 12:49AM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the NB spammables. I don’t like or much use the DK or Necro spammables. I wouldn’t call crystal frags a spammmable; I use a weapon spammable like crushing shock and then cast crystal frags when it procs.
  • Minstrel9806
    Very content dependent i'd say even tho my vote goes to Jabs/Sweep.

Most useful and overall well designed for PvE is Puncturing Sweep for sure, you've got heal, defense and great damage in a single skill cast all while slowing the enemy down with each hit. Sure, it has a channel time and it's melee, but in PvE the enemy rarely runs away from you or dodges the attack. And easy to use too.

The one i like the least personally is Dive, granted Shalks can be considered the real Warden spammable but still Dive feels annoying to use and looks pretty bad in my opinion. A Cliff Racer crashing into the enemy is not really what i would've chosen as a class spammable compared to, let's say, an Ice Spike or stuff like that
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age, as it was last active January 2022. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.