The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

120 Heists completed - loot breakdown

krachall
krachall
✭✭✭✭✭
I recorded the loot I got from 30 days of doing 4 heists per day. I'm trying to finish the Hew's Bane stickerbook and heist coffers are the only way to get 28 of the 72 items in the stickerbook. Unfortunately, heist coffers are NOT curated. So it's me vs. the RNG.

For reference, Hew's Bane has the following items in the stickerbook:

26 weapons/shields (36%)
14 Overland set pieces (19%)
4 Jewelry items (5%)
28 Heist-exclusive set pieces (39%)

So, given that the heist-exclusive pieces are also the biggest chunk of items available, in a random world, you'd expect to see them most often. And thankfully so, since they are only available from a once-a-day, buggy activity. Au contraire. Here's what I got:

58 Weapons (48%)
41 Jewelry (34%)
19 overland set pieces (26%)
2 Heist-exclusive set pieces (3%)

Yes, I know the sample size is too small to prove randomness but the TREND is certainly that, in addition to hiding almost 40% of a stickerbook behind a daily, non-curated quest, the loot drops are skewed AWAY from those hidden items. Combine this with the massive, 5+ year old, quest-breaking bug and I'm losing my interest in finishing this one!
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See? There's plenty of stuff to keep you busy until next chapter :tongue:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    What bug are you talking about?
  • Harvokaan
    Harvokaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a reason why those heist only drops cost so much on the market
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The stealth-revealing lantern rings aren't visible about half the time. And because the rings see through walls, you can get revealed without even seeing the lantern bearer as the ring isn't visible.

The fix is to constantly destealth and restealth as that makes the rings visible again. Sometimes it's not a problem -- you see the lantern bearer before you are within the ring radius. But often you are revealed with no warning at all.

And because it's nearly impossible to escape an NPC after being revealed (They usually see right through Cloak and invisibility and any attempts to resealth) the mission is often failed.

This may be the oldest ongoing non-PVP bug in the game.
    Edited by krachall on December 30, 2021 11:57PM
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @krachall , What I do is cloak, and exit/renter stealth during that time if I don't see the reveal ring on guards. I use Darloc-Brae, so I look for the sparkles to make sure I'm stealthed again before cloak runs out, which usually does the trick.

Also, there's special instances where they use flare traps instead of guards, with one roaming guard you have to watch for. In that case, knowing when to time the traps' pulses helps immensely.

As you get more familiar with the heists, you get to know where the guards are and their patterns. Best of luck!
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update after a few dozen more heists:

88 Weapons (45%)
    47 Jewelry (24%)
    39 overland set pieces (20%)
    21 Heist-exclusive set pieces (11%)

After almost 200 heists, the pieces that are both exclusive to the heist AND the most numerous are also the LEAST common to drop.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I've been doing a single heist almost every day since Thieves Guild came out and didn't realize that was a bug. I, of course, have seen guards without the blue circle, but I just cloak past them and am never revealed. If I had to guess, I'd say the bug lies with the "crouch to stealth" system. I use a mag blade with Ghastly Eye Bowl for mag recovery and The Ring of the Wild Hunt. I never crouch, but rather just cloak through the whole map.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »
    Update after a few dozen more heists:

88 Weapons (45%)
    47 Jewelry (24%)
    39 overland set pieces (20%)
    21 Heist-exclusive set pieces (11%)

After almost 200 heists, the pieces that are both exclusive to the heist AND the most numerous are also the LEAST common to drop.

It's insane to me that the reward that is exclusive to the heist is weighted so low when you do the heist.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i havent been personally keeping track, but ive been doing heists almost daily since the collection system was added and im finally down to the last 4 remaining heist-exclusive pieces

i knew these drops were going to be a problem as soon as gear collection was introduced because the overland wasnt dropping them so i was running them well before curation (i even made a magblade toon specifically to be able to farm heists before all this lol)

as for the other notes:

the anti-stealth guards are kind of buggy with the blue circles, you have to sometimes exit and enter stealth for those to work (or just keep spamming cloak)

there are 3 types of guards that spawn that ive noticed: full anti stealth (blue circles), anti stealth traps (no blue circles but can still be revealed), and no anti stealth mechanics (i think this last one sometimes comes up as the "easy mode")

the blue circles can pull you out of stealth through walls and obstacles, but unless the guard actually spots you it doesnt "reveal" you (prevent you from going back to stealth for 5 seconds), once the guard passes you can stealth again immediately
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woohoo! after nearly EIGHTY (yes, 80) heists without getting an item I need, I finally got one. I also broke down and bought a few of the pieces I found well below market. Down to needing 3 pieces.

But in the ultimate slap in the face, I did my four heists this morning and got four lighting staves of Syvarra's scales. That's a 1 in 28 million chance (if it were truly random which, we know, it is not) and, of course, it's four items that are NOT exclusive to the heist.

I've stopped keeping track but the trend continues: the heist-specific items, which are also the most numerous, are the least likely to drop.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woohoo! after nearly EIGHTY (yes, 80) heists without getting an item I need, I finally got one. I also broke down and bought a few of the pieces I found well below market. Down to needing 3 pieces.

But in the ultimate slap in the face, I did my four heists this morning and got four lighting staves of Syvarra's scales. That's a 1 in 28 million chance (if it were truly random which, we know, it is not) and, of course, it's four items that are NOT exclusive to the heist.

I've stopped keeping track but the trend continues: the heist-specific items, which are also the most numerous, are the least likely to drop.

im still missing 3 pc from heist too, all off-size syvarra scales, i even check TTC for light shoes of syvarra and the lowest listed price that was logged was 700k lol

so going to keep doing heists for now
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im still missing 3 pc from heist too, all off-size syvarra scales, i even check TTC for light shoes of syvarra and the lowest listed price that was logged was 700k lol

so going to keep doing heists for now

The smart thing to do is wait until double drops but I've gotten to where I can rotate my four characters through heists in about 30 minutes while on a conference call. No reason not to keep grinding. And every 10 or so heists, I get a piece that sells well.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing a heist a day since the sticker book dropped and I'm still missing one piece.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just FYI: You can get the purple premium reward no matter how many times you're "caught," as long as there's time left on the timer.

Each time you are noticed a minute is removed from the timer, so realistically you can only get caught 3-4 times and still have enough time to finish the mission before the timer runs out.

Additionally, when a minute is removed, there's a short cooldown where you can aggro and kill 2-3 people without receiving additional time penalties

If the timer runs out, abandon the quest and you will be taken right back to the heist board to try again.

Heists take me around 2 minutes and most of the time I'm running and killing whoever is inconvenient, budgeting my kills based on how many minutes I have left.
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's fast! I have a full set of heist gear that allows me to move as fast as possible in sneak and it still takes me 2.5 - 3.5 minutes. I haven't tried the aggressive method yet.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    depending on how aggressive the guards anti stealth is (full anti stealth circles, anti stealth traps, or nothing), the fastest ive completed a heist is under 90 sec (still had 6.5 min on the clock)

however more aggressive anti stealth from can sometimes run into the 3-4 min range if the guards are being slow
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, on the plus side if you are still leveling jewel-crafting or like mats at least those numbers are high, while you work on this.

I am so, so bad at these, myself.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    depending on how aggressive the guards anti stealth is (full anti stealth circles, anti stealth traps, or nothing), the fastest ive completed a heist is under 90 sec (still had 6.5 min on the clock)

however more aggressive anti stealth from can sometimes run into the 3-4 min range if the guards are being slow

My fastest is 2 minutes or so. It was the daedric map and there was no Treasure objective. Just loot 3 chests. All three were right near the entrance so I went in, grabbed them and turned around. Didn't even complete the full loop.

I also ended up getting FIVE syvarra's lightning staves in a row. Ha.

But I got one of the 2 items I needed on the run after. One. More. Left. Unfortunately, it's also the most expensive item I've seen so it must be horribly rare.
    Edited by krachall on February 2, 2022 4:48PM
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    Ipsius wrote: »
    Just FYI: You can get the purple premium reward no matter how many times you're "caught," as long as there's time left on the timer.

Each time you are noticed a minute is removed from the timer, so realistically you can only get caught 3-4 times and still have enough time to finish the mission before the timer runs out.

Additionally, when a minute is removed, there's a short cooldown where you can aggro and kill 2-3 people without receiving additional time penalties

If the timer runs out, abandon the quest and you will be taken right back to the heist board to try again.

Heists take me around 2 minutes and most of the time I'm running and killing whoever is inconvenient, budgeting my kills based on how many minutes I have left.

This! This is the secret to completing these quickly. As guards like to scour the hallways, it's sometimes best to decide whether to wait for them, or to take the 1 minute hit. Realize you are only really losing 30-40 seconds and not a minute because it usually takes 20-30 seconds to wait on them.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The stealth-revealing lantern rings aren't visible about half the time. And because the rings see through walls, you can get revealed without even seeing the lantern bearer as the ring isn't visible.

The fix is to constantly destealth and restealth as that makes the rings visible again. Sometimes it's not a problem -- you see the lantern bearer before you are within the ring radius. But often you are revealed with no warning at all.

And because it's nearly impossible to escape an NPC after being revealed (They usually see right through Cloak and invisibility and any attempts to resealth) the mission is often failed.

This may be the oldest ongoing non-PVP bug in the game.

Ridiculous. I am happy now that I have the intuition not to repeat these dailies after I failed a few (my main char is a nightblade). Thanks for all this info and hard work (can't call it gaming).
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a drought of 80 heists, I actually got TWO that I needed in my last 8 heists.

Just one to go. I'd buy it but the cheapest I've seen is 700k. LOL
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a drought of 80 heists, I actually got TWO that I needed in my last 8 heists.

Are you on PC-NA? Which piece are you missing?
    The Moot Councillor
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Yes. Missing Cuirass of Syvarra's Scales.

I've gotten 12 weapons in a row now...grrrrr
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im still missing 3 pc of syvarras, but the other night i got an off size piece i didnt need, i just listed it on guild store for 25k cause i had no data and it sold within 2 hours lol

i think even after i do finish all the heist gear i might keep running it as a source of income lol (selling thieves guild motif chapters and set gear lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im still missing 3 pc of syvarras, but the other night i got an off size piece i didnt need, i just listed it on guild store for 25k cause i had no data and it sold within 2 hours lol

i think even after i do finish all the heist gear i might keep running it as a source of income lol (selling thieves guild motif chapters and set gear lol)

I'll definitely do the same thing. I have an armory build set up for all my characters so it's pretty easy to just grab the sneak gear, equip the armory build, and run a quick heist.

I'll be honest, if I finally get the Cuirass I need, it will be tough to bind it versus sell. Cheapest on TTC right now is 650k.
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone jiggle the RNG please, it seems to be stuck. 24 weapons in a row. LOL.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I And thankfully so, since they are only available from a once-a-day, buggy activity.

Heists are shareable and doable in group.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late to the Hews Bane Stickerbook party, but man is this awful...
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And DONE!

After about 340 heists, I finally got the last item I needed.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And DONE!

After about 340 heists, I finally got the last item I needed.

Yeah, I am not doing 340 heists. Good work on your end.