The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Idea - bonus instances of the same house.

ive_wonder
ive_wonder
✭✭✭
Imagine you have a house, you decorated it, you like it, but you also have another idea you would like to try with it.
But you don't won't to lose old house too.
What if we could just buy another instance of the same house. To decorate it differently.
Only thing i'm worried about is cost, i'm very much in doubt that people will buy basically same house for the same price.
So it has to be cheaper then the house itself.
Edited by ive_wonder on December 30, 2021 1:20PM
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So.... like outfit slots for a house?

I'm not gonna lie... I have thought of this too. Especially when I get furnished houses because I like the way they look but I would also like to start from scratch.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »

I'm not gonna lie... I have thought of this too. Especially when I get furnished houses because I like the way they look but I would also like to start from scratch.

This could be really cool for doing holiday decoration setups for homes. I think more being able to save layouts then actual multiple instances.

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »

So Zenimax can sell a housing decoration slot per house and make revenue off it. You may have an idea that could bring this about.

Oh, problem, the player would need to have all the furnishings in their pockets to make the swap, based on armory. I do not think that is possible.
    Edited by Amottica on January 5, 2022 3:53AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like a purely creative mode for the house to try out furnishings and design, with access to all housing editor items and also all craftable furnishings whether known or not. It could have cool features like keeping track of how many of each material you used to create everything too. In this mode you could have infinite resources to create whatever you wanted.

Once you get everything set up like you want it, then you know it will work and know what you will need to furnish. You would not waste any precious furnishing materials on items that either do not look right or are not the right size.

Preferably this create mode could be saved and revisited, but only the housing owner could visit.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA