The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO PVP is the worst PVP I have ever encountered in 20 years of online video games.

• MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

2) ESO's build diversity creates massive imbalance. The wide variety of skills, sets, traits, enchants, procs, etc. allows knowledgeable and experienced players to build extreme damage, healing, and mitigation. It takes a substantial amount of time and gold to experiment and figure out what works. This is why you see so many build guides because players want a short cut. Many of those PvP builds are inferior or highly situational.

Other games where I played PVP either your a tank, healer or glass cannon. Very similar to PVE but it is player vs player. When it goes tank vs. healer the battle just is indefinite. When it is glass cannon vs. healer or tank it can go either way. When it is glass cannon vs. glass cannon it is whoever can get their rotation off faster.

In ESO we have stuns and lots of ways to get stun and if you break free good luck breaking free again because some abilities and sets can simply by pass the immunity you just got.

Than you have players who have tank stats but can hit just as hard as a typical glass cannon player does in PVE. Than we also have players who can escape the very last second fully heal up and completely slaughter players without much effort.

ESO PVP isn't balance because of a variety of things like you listed. But that is the joy and the annoyance of ESO PVP. It gives us options but at the same time, it causes enough frustration that new players leave without truly giving PVP a chance.

Even with all the various things I have seen in PVP, I still enjoy PVP over PVE.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you as someone who's tried to PVP as a mag sorc on both PC and Xbox that it is down there in terms of classes that you can succeed with in the current ESO PVP era. I'm talking No-CP on the old PC and no-CP, no-Proc on the Xbox. There are very few mag sorcs around for good reasons. It could just be the fact that most toons in Cyrodiil are the stam types with at least 1 defensive set and possibly a defensive mythic these days, but I think there are other reasons. I ran 2 offensive sets and a defensive mythic and still struggle to do enough damage to hurt the tankier toons these days, which is almost everyone. The other classes have good heals and I just can't do enough damage against the better players with tuned builds to burst them down. I can't streak forever and I'm not even using any speed boosts or too many sustain buffs and I still can't kill many of the better players. Part of it is me needing to get better but a lot of it is mag sorc. It's just not a competitive class in Cyrodill no-CP these days. Any melee stam type is going to kill you quickly once you're low on magicka and can't streak any longer. That is really 1 of the few ways mag sorcs can survive since shields are nerfed there. And mag sorcs are much lower in armor. And if you're spending all your magicka shielding and healing and buffing, when are you going to attack? To try and be competitive as a mag sorc you need to spend some of your traits or gear buffing speed, you need high magicka for shields, heals, and offense. You need sustain because you're probably going to be in long fights unless you can execute a 6-move combo with perfect timing. (and not being interrupted by the other players at all) even with lag and server problems. Basically there is no way to get enough offensive power without completely sacrificing defense, speed, and maybe even sustain. So it's either glass cannon or you're pretty much screwed with this class.

I'm currently leveling a stamblade during the event and I'm going to attempt to be a brawler with enough stam and sustain to be able to run around and roll even without the use of CP. We'll see how that goes. I guess my defense will mostly be agility and dodging and the rest will have to be offensive power and sustain. Sounds like you could do for a class change too.
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

Funny thing. I was test dueling with my GF. She has PVE gear, 4k pen, extremely low resist and in a straight standstill fight (removing "skill" from the equation) she was beating me down. Even she could not understand it.

Sounds like you dont heal yourself?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny thing. I was test dueling with my GF. She has PVE gear, 4k pen, extremely low resist and in a straight standstill fight (removing "skill" from the equation) she was beating me down. Even she could not understand it.

That does sound like what's going on there. Without healing you will lose over 80% of your PvP matches with someone that does heal themselves.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

That does sound like what's going on there. Without healing you will lose over 80% of your PvP matches with someone that does heal themselves.

One the other hand, someone whos straight out damage can dish out a metric [snip] of sustained damage . Especially of you stand in their ground-aoes.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 7, 2022 7:44PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One the other hand, someone whos straight out damage can dish out a metric [snip] of sustained damage . Especially of you stand in their ground-aoes.

I fought a Templar like that in several duels lol. They dealt so much damage that even Mistform couldn't handle it. Had to get very aggressive and use transformation ultimates like Swarming Scion or Werewolf to get the upper hand or I'd just melt in the barrage of blows.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 7, 2022 7:45PM
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭

I fought a Templar like that in several duels lol. They dealt so much damage that even Mistform couldn't handle it. Had to get very
    aggressive and use transformation ultimates like Swarming Scion or Werewolf to get the upper hand or I'd just melt in the barrage of blows.

Yh, i dont usually duel since all my builds are tailored for 1vX. But i have been in a duel or two agains pve dds just for fun. It was horribel! I couldnt heal through anything lol

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 7, 2022 7:46PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    You're not wrong really. Crowd control then execute before the target can do anything is the basic PvP formula in this game.

Mainly about avoiding it in the first place or prebuffing at just the right time.

Sorceror is pretty fragile on the best of days. I'd suggest getting used to the (very strange at times) PvP in ESO on a tougher class with heavy armor.

And start off by always holding block and frequently dodge rolling. Permablock isn't generally a long term strategy but it will give you time to see what's happening.

If someone's approaching you, roll dodge immediately to avoid their opener. If someone's attacking you at range, roll dodge immediately to avoid their followup. Use terrain to block line of sight (doesn't work on PvE, works wonders in PvP). Just rules of thumb for getting the hang of things.

The OP just needs to spend more time fine tuning his character and his play style.

Now onto CC in this game. It needs to be reworked. I've come from other games where you have 1-3 types of CC effects and each one comes with its own cool down time and all could be removed and player gains immunity from said effect for X time.

The issue I see is that I get stun, break free, and get stun again, break free, stun again, break free, get stun again and can't do anything because I don't have stamina than die from being stunned. In other games that first break free would grant immunity for 3-5 seconds. This game I break free and as I about ready to attack or go on defensive, not even 1 second has passed I'm stun again even though according to the game I should have immunity.

Don't tell me it is lag etc, because its not that. Some abilities and proc set don't follow the standard rule and if a player is built right they can get 3-5 stunning effects off and if the player isn't able to break free they end up dead. That's the problem.

• Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    Back to title - ngl its pretty dire atm. Special shout out to everyone spamming lightning heavies while sitting in your group on top of stacked ground AoEs. As if all the aoe DoT procc garbage wasnt enough.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped playing this game over a year ago but check the forums to see how things have progressed from the total train wreck this game has been in the past especially in PVP. I see nothing has changed.
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with the title. Been PvPing for a couple of months now and I must say it mostly consists of lag, imbalance and all sorts of exploits (take Luca Cash tank build for instance, which makes you unkillable, yes, unkillable in PvP).

The only players that excel at this type of set-ups are the ones that have been playing for years and years and are used to the extremely clunky mechanics (or adapted to use macros and other facilitating tools), but have also the accumulated knowledge to know how to abuse everything better.

It's a very high curve to get used to a lot of these and not worth it in my opinion. It also doesn't follow logic or some standards that the PvP games have arrived at meanwhile - such as clarity, class strengths/weaknesses, clear attack windows, etc. Here you can tank, heal and dish damage with a single toon while being in full stealth literally breathing in the enemy's face. And to that add Potions or Poison, because everything else wasn't already disgusting enough.
    Edited by BlossomDead on December 31, 2021 12:02PM
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with the title. Been PvPing for a couple of months now and I must say it mostly consists of lag, imbalance and all sorts of exploits (take Luca Cash tank build for instance, which makes you unkillable, yes, unkillable in PvP).

The only players that excel at this type of set-ups are the ones that have been playing for years and years and are used to the extremely clunky mechanics (or adapted to use macros and other facilitating tools), but have also the accumulated knowledge to know how to abuse everything better.

It's a very high curve to get used to a lot of these and not worth it in my opinion. It also doesn't follow logic or some standards that the PvP games have arrived at meanwhile - such as clarity, class strengths/weaknesses, clear attack windows, etc. Here you can tank, heal and dish damage with a single toon while being in full stealth literally breathing in the enemy's face. And to that add Potions or Poison, because everything else wasn't already disgusting enough.

Can't disagree.

The balance really is horrible. And for the life of me I cannot explain how some players do what they do. They are maxed in speed, endless sustain, high mitigation even when not los'd, and super high damage bursts. I have tried a bazillion builds and I have yet to find one that can do ALL of this. Yet here we are, I see it every day from the "elite" players.

I don't care how much skill you have, you still need stamina, magicka, mitigation, speed sets/traits, and offensive stats to do all that. And nothing I can replicate can do it all, yet all these so called great players seem to do it. What is the secret? Skill cannot give you everything. There are limitations.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmperorIl wrote: »

Can't disagree.

The balance really is horrible. And for the life of me I cannot explain how some players do what they do. They are maxed in speed, endless sustain, high mitigation even when not los'd, and super high damage bursts. I have tried a bazillion builds and I have yet to find one that can do ALL of this. Yet here we are, I see it every day from the "elite" players.

I don't care how much skill you have, you still need stamina, magicka, mitigation, speed sets/traits, and offensive stats to do all that. And nothing I can replicate can do it all, yet all these so called great players seem to do it. What is the secret? Skill cannot give you everything. There are limitations.

Secret is in the enchantments and weapon traits used, and also potions have buffs built into them. Potions that restore magicka, stamina, and/or health for instance come with a buff for the whole duration of the potion cooldown that boosts the regeneration of that stat by 30%. This lets them get higher recovery without needing to build super high into the recovery stats. Each class also has different methods at sustaining their abilities like for example DK has passives like Combustion, Battle Roar, and Helping Hands to keep them in the fight.

Mitigation is a bit trickier and it comes down to CP, sets, vampire, and abilities. Some classes like Necromancer have damage mitigation in abundance while classes like Sorcerer do not, and thus the classes that don't go down different paths. Whether that path be healing, damage shield stacking, or mobility.

Most healing scales with offensive stats and thus the harder you can punch the more you can heal. Keep this in mind as this is one of the primary reasons why you don't seem to be able to hurt someone, but then they turn around and slap you so hard you explode into pieces. Healing in ESO is key, always. Fail to keep your heals up or have a powerful burst heal on hand and you will be finding yourself dying quite often.

As for mobility... just slot one ability with Major Expedition on it and you'll fly across the field of battle. I'm not even joking... just one speed ability is enough to keep up with the vast majority of these people because they themselves are using essentially 1, maybe 2, speed boosting abilities. If you can't spare a slot try getting a gap closer instead so you can at least close the gap on someone you have line of sight on.
    Edited by Vevvev on January 3, 2022 7:04PM
  • YoureWrongImRight
    YoureWrongImRight
    ✭✭✭
    Give up on armor and resist.

Slot ridiculous hardened ward, streak and matriarch spam. Then just dance around singing "You will never get this, you will never get this" in your best Borat voice.
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭

Can't disagree.

Secret is in the enchantments and weapon traits used, and also potions have buffs built into them. Potions that restore magicka, stamina, and/or health for instance come with a buff for the whole duration of the potion cooldown that boosts the regeneration of that stat by 30%. This lets them get higher recovery without needing to build super high into the recovery stats. Each class also has different methods at sustaining their abilities like for example DK has passives like Combustion, Battle Roar, and Helping Hands to keep them in the fight.

Mitigation is a bit trickier and it comes down to CP, sets, vampire, and abilities. Some classes like Necromancer have damage mitigation in abundance while classes like Sorcerer do not, and thus the classes that don't go down different paths. Whether that path be healing, damage shield stacking, or mobility.

Most healing scales with offensive stats and thus the harder you can punch the more you can heal. Keep this in mind as this is one of the primary reasons why you don't seem to be able to hurt someone, but then they turn around and slap you so hard you explode into pieces. Healing in ESO is key, always. Fail to keep your heals up or have a powerful burst heal on hand and you will be finding yourself dying quite often.

As for mobility... just slot one ability with Major Expedition on it and you'll fly across the field of battle. I'm not even joking... just one speed ability is enough to keep up with the vast majority of these people because they themselves are using essentially 1, maybe 2, speed boosting abilities. If you can't spare a slot try getting a gap closer instead so you can at least close the gap on someone you have line of sight on.

lol. You see....this is the problem, you act as though I am new and do not know any of this. I am rank 41 on my highest ranked toon, but I am an alt-oholic so I don't just lay one class in Cyro. I exclusively play Cyro, no PvE in this game unless I need a set. I would easily been a rank 50 if I only played that one toon.

My point is I am not a nub. I know how sustain works, I know how to utilize my class and heavy attacks and pots, which I use every fight typically. And yes I have my 3 points in the alch trait on every toon. I am Vamp 3 on nearly every toon as well, and some rock Pariah. Some are easier to sustain than others, DK with BSW for example, every time I apply burning I get what? 1k magicka if I remember correctly? I know what I am doing.

I still see players out there who are on God-mode, and it is like they are playing a different game than I am. You know who they are already, they jump up and down a lot and are always solo. 10 people chase them around and they never get under 50% health, they can outrun everyone, and they turn around and one shot people every few seconds. I rarely bother chasing these people anymore, but sometimes I will take a shot or two just to see if they are squishy enough or not and 9 times out of 10 not happening. And they rarely can be CC'd as well and always seem to have enough stam to break free when they are. And all of this goes on for like 5 minutes straight. Meanwhile I am stunned every 3 seconds, and if I am lucky enough for break free to actually work it just took a ton of my stam away and I am stunned again soon anyway. It is like we are playing two different games, and they ALL are like this. All of these elite players.

Yes I use LOS, pots, maximize my class abilities/heavy attacks for sustain, backbar defensive sets, heal always slotted/used. I always have speed on all toons, it's a must for me. I do very well against average Joe, but the God-mode players baffle the hell out of me with what they can do.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't disagree.

This. Jus be happy they aren't flying still.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also run into players who seem like they have Godly powers. I'm on Xbox now though and not PC so I figured maybe there isn't a way for people to cheat. But I have no idea. I'm an adult with a full time job and have never even Googled how to cheat in this game. This is my entertainment time so I go to Cyrodiil hoping to earn my rewards for the day (mostly transmute crystals) and have fun. When I run into players who kill me in 2 or 3 seconds max even though my toon is maxed out and built really well I get really suspicious. But I just figure either they're cheating and there's nothing I can do about it or they are just so practiced at their execute combo and I'm not good enough so I die fast. Bottom line is I don't have time to worry about it. I have no idea if there is any possible way to cheat on Xbox but if there is, hopefully ZOS/Microsoft will find a way to block/eliminate it.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I still see players out there who are on God-mode, and it is like they are playing a different game than I am. You know who they are already, they jump up and down a lot and are always solo. 10 people chase them around and they never get under 50% health, they can outrun everyone, and they turn around and one shot people every few seconds. I rarely bother chasing these people anymore, but sometimes I will take a shot or two just to see if they are squishy enough or not and 9 times out of 10 not happening. And they rarely can be CC'd as well and always seem to have enough stam to break free when they are. And all of this goes on for like 5 minutes straight. Meanwhile I am stunned every 3 seconds, and if I am lucky enough for break free to actually work it just took a ton of my stam away and I am stunned again soon anyway. It is like we are playing two different games, and they ALL are like this. All of these elite players.

I know who these players are, they're my primary prey and who I build around killing. I can sustain just as much as they can, deal just as much to them as they can do to me, and I spend a lot of time trying to slow them down because that's their counter.

All 1vXers survive by turning a massive group of players into a string of 1v1s and 1v2s. Even the block tanks can't hold up against pressure for too long and you'll see them backing into rocks to cover their angles to try and funnel the ranged DPS out. If you're a DK and want to see these people die I highly recommend getting Race Against Time slotted and maybe a Swift ring or two for the really fast ones. Petrify them and use snares/immobilization to bring the zerg to them. They will eventually die, they always do.
  • YoureWrongImRight
    YoureWrongImRight
    ✭✭✭

I know who these players are, they're my primary prey and who I build around killing. I can sustain just as much as they can, deal just as much to them as they can do to me, and I spend a lot of time trying to slow them down because that's their counter.

All 1vXers survive by turning a massive group of players into a string of 1v1s and 1v2s. Even the block tanks can't hold up against pressure for too long and you'll see them backing into rocks to cover their angles to try and funnel the ranged DPS out. If you're a DK and want to see these people die I highly recommend getting Race Against Time slotted and maybe a Swift ring or two for the really fast ones. Petrify them and use snares/immobilization to bring the zerg to them. They will eventually die, they always do.

Man you are the god of the sweatys, why did nobody else think to just stun them and they would die.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

why did nobody else think to just stun them and they would die.

Because the vast majority of zerglings don't? Start hitting them with unblockable stuns and once you get a critical mass of people the "unkillable" person can't break free and heal fast enough to account for all the incoming damage. Even more funny with the block spammers who sit still to show off and someone hits them with a Cold Trebuchet.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

While I expect the issue is more complex that this, you bring up a good question.

@Raideen what do you use for heals?
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    I switched to Survival Instincts on the Red CP Bar. DKs have always been able to wear out your stam in a long fight by spamming Petrify/Talons.

You really want to be able to have a strong dodge roll and break free game.

You have to have a regen skill.

It is required you have an Expedition skill, or enough speed to strafe all opponents.

You need a minimum of 15 Penetration and that's really pushing it to the low end. I feel more comfortable with 22k Penetration and 5K Spell damage.

PVP in ESO is a defensive game built on patience. If you are solo, you have to line of sight everyone. You have to roll dodge appropriately. And you have to survive.

Then, you lure single targets into strange places and combo them to death. Those are the easy targets that are usually full offense with low skills.

If you want to play full offense, you better stay with a small group that has a dedicated healer. And you need a high burst combo.
    Edited by soniku4ikblis on January 5, 2022 7:44AM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do very well against average Joe, but the God-mode players baffle the hell out of me with what they can do.
    In MOBA terms, High Gold/Low Plat player usually fights the average Bronze/Low Gold players and steamrolls them, no ELO separation in open world after all. Then sometimes such players run into the rarer High Diamond+ player and are baffled by the skill ceiling being higher than they actually believed it was from personal experience. Happens to all of us, even the superstars when they were new(er) to the game.

Also class imbalance/toolkit singularity. Some classes are just better/easier at 1vXing than others.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    I also run into players who seem like they have Godly powers. I'm on Xbox now though and not PC so I figured maybe there isn't a way for people to cheat. But I have no idea. I'm an adult with a full time job and have never even Googled how to cheat in this game. This is my entertainment time so I go to Cyrodiil hoping to earn my rewards for the day (mostly transmute crystals) and have fun. When I run into players who kill me in 2 or 3 seconds max even though my toon is maxed out and built really well I get really suspicious. But I just figure either they're cheating and there's nothing I can do about it or they are just so practiced at their execute combo and I'm not good enough so I die fast. Bottom line is I don't have time to worry about it. I have no idea if there is any possible way to cheat on Xbox but if there is, hopefully ZOS/Microsoft will find a way to block/eliminate it.

Console players can cheat using Cronus Box. It also for lag switching, macros, and auto aiming.

I was in Cyrodiil when it was basically dead with zero lag. Here is what happened.

I was capturing Val and here comes an enemy. Everything is fine no lag. He engaged me and still no lag. I go around the building and still no lag. Yet he is able to hit me from the other side of the building, it is not a dot it was light attacks and his abilities (auto aiming). After realizing he was using something to get the upper hand I figured might as well finish him off. I get over to him and engage him and get him to about 5% health and hit my execution game lags right at that moment and than I'm dead and hit by 5 abilities including two different ultimate. Yeah someone didn't cheat.

I revive and head there with a friend. We get him down to 5% and than we end both lag out and are killed at the same time by that player still alive is on top of us t-bagging. No one can state skill because my health prior to the BS lag happening both times was around 100%. .
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    I know alot of people like to bang on about the super high skill cap...

Some people also bang on about the earth being flat.

• McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get over to him and engage him and get him to about 5% health and hit my execution game lags right at that moment

We get him down to 5% and than we end both lag out

This.

My crew has noticed this becoming a thing more and more consistently.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly people who try to cheat in video games have real mental problems. I don't care if I lose in a PVP fight as long as it's a fair fight. If someone beats me because they are a little bit better than me then who cares? Only people with serious issues I guess. It's a game. It's designed to distract you from the real world or be entertainment. If it's become more than that for anyone please seek therapy if you're even slightly interested in cheating.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    Honestly people who try to cheat in video games have real mental problems. I don't care if I lose in a PVP fight as long as it's a fair fight. If someone beats me because they are a little bit better than me then who cares? Only people with serious issues I guess. It's a game. It's designed to distract you from the real world or be entertainment. If it's become more than that for anyone please seek therapy if you're even slightly interested in cheating.

I have always wondered about folks using cheats in MMO's or even cheat codes in single player games. How exactly can that person feel they have beat/won anything? I am sure they have fun running around in god mode, but to what end? There is no real win, they didn't do anything, and basically have no gaming skills (or they wouldn't need to cheat)... so what does one actually get out of it? The only thing I can think of is to simply grief other players or post a fake high score maybe? Which as you pointed out, is probably something that they should seek help about because.... it is just a game after all and if this is any form of validation in someone's life, they have serious issues.
  • Malariz
    Malariz
    ✭✭
    Removed msg inc but i don't care about this stupid forum police mangos.
    Everything pvp balance related is ran by litteral incompetents trying to buy time so they can still make money. Anyone with some logic could fix some MAJOR issues, like unblockable/undodgeable ccs, or like how the F is it possible to build extremely tanky and still being able to deal 2shot someone. This game now rewards bad gameplay over high risk/reward builds and it's a shame.
    Edited by Malariz on January 6, 2022 7:06PM
  • Malariz
    Malariz
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

2) ESO's build diversity creates massive imbalance. The wide variety of skills, sets, traits, enchants, procs, etc. allows knowledgeable and experienced players to build extreme damage, healing, and mitigation. It takes a substantial amount of time and gold to experiment and figure out what works. This is why you see so many build guides because players want a short cut. Many of those PvP builds are inferior or highly situational.

Other games where I played PVP either your a tank, healer or glass cannon. Very similar to PVE but it is player vs player. When it goes tank vs. healer the battle just is indefinite. When it is glass cannon vs. healer or tank it can go either way. When it is glass cannon vs. glass cannon it is whoever can get their rotation off faster.

In ESO we have stuns and lots of ways to get stun and if you break free good luck breaking free again because some abilities and sets can simply by pass the immunity you just got.

Than you have players who have tank stats but can hit just as hard as a typical glass cannon player does in PVE. Than we also have players who can escape the very last second fully heal up and completely slaughter players without much effort.

ESO PVP isn't balance because of a variety of things like you listed. But that is the joy and the annoyance of ESO PVP. It gives us options but at the same time, it causes enough frustration that new players leave without truly giving PVP a chance.

Even with all the various things I have seen in PVP, I still enjoy PVP over PVE.

Yeah i love being outplayed by some unblockable/undodgeable CCs (because reasons?) it's what i call fun too. White knighing terrible systems is the reason why nothing changes and since average seem to be "good enough" for most or people, why would they?